With two kiddos or more, how often are you able to workout? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 08-18-2010, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A couple of months ago, I was doing it daily - the 30DS (30 Day Shred). I'm- back and forth with the 30DS - doing more cardio - ellipitical/treadmill - since it's been super hot this summer. So, now, with DH traveling off and on, I'm lucky to get two or three days in a week.

How often are you able to workout - either at home or at a gym?

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend
#2 of 11 Old 08-18-2010, 10:52 PM

I work out 5 times a week. Sometimes 4 but I also bike my three kids around with me different places and I log things like that as well. I am usually working out 5 times a week when I am training for an event so I don't think that getting 3 days a week in is bad. Are you feeling like its not enough? Can you find something to do like jumprope while the kids are outside playing?
#3 of 11 Old 08-19-2010, 12:28 AM

Right now I am able to get in 5 days at the gym...but only an hour. Sometimes when I am busier I only get in 3 days, but usually for an hour and a half or two hours. I am pretty active on non workout days, hiking and playing with the kids. I go to the gym during my lunch break. When I was off during summer I often ran with friends in the evening when it cooled off. Sometimes kiddos were already asleep, and sometimes it was just time for them to hang out with dh.
#4 of 11 Old 08-19-2010, 09:25 AM

I use the gym childcare.
#5 of 11 Old 08-19-2010, 09:53 AM

Right now I'm training for a marathon, so I'm running 5 days a week (I have 2 kiddos). When I'm not training I aim for 3 days. I would say that your getting in 2-3 days with your DH traveling is great.

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#6 of 11 Old 08-19-2010, 10:29 AM

Unless I'm ill, I work out six nights a week. I used to alternate treadmill and pilates, but it's been soooo hot this summer and because my treadmill is in the garage, I've stopped it for awhile. I now alternate 30 day shred and pilates. I have to wait until my kids are in bed otherwise I'd never do it.
#7 of 11 Old 08-19-2010, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola79 View Post
I use the gym childcare.
The gym that I currently go to doesn't have something like that. It's in the building that I work in and it's FREE. But, after the first of the year, the gym that my DH currently belongs to (his works pays for it) has a daycare. If I can continue with the FREE gym and stick with it, then I'll get to go to the kick a$$ gym that he belongs to. This place is AMAZING!!!

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend
#8 of 11 Old 08-19-2010, 11:18 AM

Mine are older, but I did the 30 Day Shred and right now I'm walking at least 4 times a week. I walk on the high school track and they either run around and play in the grass or they play on the playground nearby. I'm not sure what I'll do when the weather gets cold.
#9 of 11 Old 09-09-2010, 03:18 PM

Ever since having been pregnant with mine, I've worked out at home with DVDs and it's been my 'salvation' many times! When both kids were little, I'd workout while they're napping or early in the morning b4 they'd wake up. Either way, doing your workouts from home is much better IMHO as you don't depend on gym/child care (which mine never offered!) etc.
Now that both of my kids are in school, I could go to the gym but still prefer doing my workouts at home via my (many) DVDs. I just love it!

~*Val*~ Vegan SAHM to DD (2/02) DS (7/05) 6x and wife to my best friend.
#10 of 11 Old 09-09-2010, 03:39 PM

I work out mainly at home with DVDs. I wake up around 5 to get my workout in, 7 days a week. (One day I practice yoga).

Stay-at-home mom to 2 beautiful.busy.boisterous boys b. 08.17.05 & 12.29.08
Nirvana is . . . the living happiness of a soul which is conscious of itself and conscious of having found its own abode in the heart of the Eternal. --Gandhi
#11 of 11 Old 09-13-2010, 09:37 AM

I really should start getting my gear -sports bra (for my humungo nursing boobs), shorts , t-shirt and mats..I usually do the 30 day shred barefoot.

and then get up at 5...have a HUGE coffee and just get it done!

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page