What should I do to correct this? (very low uterus) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-07-2010, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi ladies,

I hope this is a good place to post this. My mother had an early hysterectomy (late 30s) and I have had a low lying uterus since the birth of my first baby, who is now 3. I don't go to a gynocologist. I can't stand being examined and really want to avoid that, so I'm trying to build an exercise rountine that will put it back where it needs to be.

I really want to have another baby.

What I have decided to do so far is a routine of sit ups, keagles on my back and keagles while in a "pyramid" position (hands and feet on the floor, butt in the air).

I will eat healthier and fix my bad posture. What else can I do?
For now, I will do my routine of keagles and sit ups as many times a day as I can, literally.
My uterrus is like, lying on top of my vagina at this point.

TIA... I am really hoping for encouraging info....
my grandmother said it didn;t seem too bad a situation since I just had two heavy babies in a row, plus a miscarriage...
2 babies in 4 years, my youngest is 1.5 years now
#2 of 6 Old 09-07-2010, 03:21 PM

Maya Abdominal Massage can be wonderful for helping to re-position things. You can find the closest practicioner to you here:
http://arvigomassage.com/

This website/blog is also very informative, and takes a different approach than kegals (in fact, she discourages women from doing kegels and instead practice squatting). She has several posts about pelvic organ prolapse.

=================
Mama to DS (7) & DD (4) : :
#3 of 6 Old 12-20-2010, 01:57 AM

hi, just saw this post whilst doing a search on hysterectomy. There is a prolapse support thread. I've just lost it - do a search, you should find it, let me know if you don't.

And good luck.

#4 of 6 Old 12-20-2010, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I recommend searching the prolapse support thread. I would also work on squats and use a biofeedback program for your kegels-there are lots of devices out there. You can even get a physical therapy referral from your ob/gyn which helps some people considerably.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#5 of 6 Old 12-21-2010, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Maybe this lady can offer advice?

http://www.happyuterus.com/

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#6 of 6 Old 12-30-2010, 07:54 PM

Squatting, quitting grain and dairy and eating well. I eat according to the Primal Blueprint or paleo (had been traditional European for years before), and now my uterus is back where it was before my 1st pg. I had some healing that reversed after having pertussis, but tweaking my diet since December 1st of this year, has yanked my uterus back and returned elasticity to my belly skin that previously felt just like leather, and has almost closed my abdominal diastasis up. I've even used my body in ways I didn't before because I was afraid that my uterus would fall a bit from strain, but it hasn't budged, and I've been doing push-ups even!

I honestly thought my belly skin and unsteady uterus were forever. A few weeks of paleo eating and the healing is tremendous.

Well, I've been absent for 8 months, and during that time, it turns out that I have completely transformed. You are all precious. Thank you for being here and sharing your lives. You are truly a gift. namaste.gif Jan. 23, 2012

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page