October should be spent chasing the Naughty Dingos - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 554 Old 10-13-2010, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jo, yes! Sweet peppers and hot peppers are both excellent on pizza. I just throw all of the dehydrated veggies (tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms) in a measuring cup and add a little bit of boiling water. Then drain and top. They are really good that way.

I love the dried zucchini and hot peppers in soup, also. Who am I kidding? I love everything in soup!

Today I am dehydrating carrot slices.
#182 of 554 Old 10-13-2010, 10:42 AM
bec

Hoooboy! Having a puppy is hard work! Joyful, but kind of exhausting in that intense new baby in the world kind of way. Of course, the new baby that I can stick in a crate and allow to cry it out, and only feed a few times a day, and NOT from my body makes it loads easier. He's a good puppy, though. I only got up with him once in the middle of the night last night (my bad, I'm sure he would have preferred another outing), and there was no accident. The vet is thrilled with him and how he looks, and he and Gromit are getting along splendidly!!! Who can I send a picture to, that knows how to post it? I'm totally lost about how to do that.

Alex - The space between my first and 2nd is 2 years 9 months (to the day, actually), and it's just under 2 years between #2 and #3. We had wanted Katie and Emily to be a little closer, but it wasn't in the cards. I'm thrilled with the spacing...now. It was SUPER intense while they were infants/toddlers. Now that my youngest is almost 5, I'm starting to see the light of day again. I got baby fever around 13-15 months after each kid, except Abby. From the moment I got pregnant with her, I knew in my heart that I was done. Once we had her, I just knew my family was complete. I love holding new babies, smelling them, hearing them, etc. But, I have not had that yearning like I did before we conceived each of our kids. No, you aren't crazy!

JG - It sounds like the house is coming along fantastically!!! How exciting to see your new home being built! I've got my fingers crossed that there's a buyer for your current home soon!!!

Real - I'm glad you got to hang out with adults! That can totally make a day!

Gaye - Ugh!!! Smoking? Really? I'm hoping the wind shifts and Mary Poppins flies in for reals!!!

Sparkle - I'm so excited for you!!!! Congratulations on the dog!!! He sounds adorable!

La - I hope your dh is happily back at work! I try to come up with a bunch of "errands" for dh to do when he is home during the week. I love him, but, I hear you on it being demotivating!!!

Nic - Kerc has some great advice. I've got nothing to add, but wanted to send out some

I am not feeling great today. I have whatever cold bug has been going around town like wildfire. I have spin tonight for Tri-class, so we'll see how I survive that! Those are, typically, pretty intense workouts! We'll see!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#183 of 554 Old 10-13-2010, 12:08 PM

Morning mamas,

Bec, you can send me the picture and I can post it for you on FB. Or you can probably post it on the yahoo group.

We didn't get the little terrier, the off-island person took her when they came. Probably for the best. Now I'm looking for something more shepherdy and dh and dd are hoping for a retriever-type. I just don't want long fur, or not very long. there is just too much around here to get caught in it!
Meanwhile our old dog has suddenly stopped using her back left leg altogether. She woke up whimpering a few nights ago and we thought we'd give it a day or two in case it was something temporary (not to be mean or thoughtless but the last time I thought she was having some sort of medical issue she miraculously got better). Well this morning she was whimpering again. I thought perhaps she wanted to get up and couldn't so I gave her a boost - at that she yelped really loudly and then climbed into Alison's toddler bed and sacked out again. So, it seems to me that I've got to get her seen. Honestly, if the vet said that she had something critical I would be okay with saying goodbye. Her best days are definitely behind her and I worry that as she gets decrepit she becomes a safety risk for the kids. But dd1's b'day is Friday and I can just imagine how the future therapy sessions will play out if we put our (read:her) dog down now. .

Gaye - for the Real Mary Poppins to stand up. It's kind of amazing that with all the unemployment happening now you've got applicants acting as if they could take their pick.

RM - You are FAST WOMAN! I'm so impressed. Could you waft some of that mojo my way? I can't seem to get back into the habit of making myself move!

Zub - When is contemplating another baby not crazy right? Mine are nearly 6 years apart and I think that is perfect (though I wouldn't have ever guessed) so I don't think you can go wrong one way or the other.

La4 - Hope you get your groove back today.

Nemesis - I wish I could hire you to stock me up!

Jo - Ahhhh, whirlpool!

Nic - Oy, middle school. I don't have any constructive ideas that Kerc didn't already think of but sending a big .

ST - for ! She sounds lovely!

Lofty - Hope your aching abates. Any good news from insurance co?

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#184 of 554 Old 10-13-2010, 12:38 PM

Oh...right...dogs

She is incredibly sweet (albeit maybe a little too tentative) and she did AWESOME with the kids last night (she lay on the floor completely calmly while they all poked, lay on, and blabbered at her), but there is definitely a new level of intensity in the house. Whew. And there is a lot to remember and think about (all my old dog training expertise is buried in the dust of my mind somewhere, new construction of some pee area in the yard needs to happen before she turns our lawn into a mosaic of yellow spots, and oh yeah, training of all kinds). I couldnt sleep last night thinking about it all. She did great in the crate over night though - started off with barking and whimpering and I thought "oh sh**", but after a few minutes she stopped and was quiet all night, even when dd2 came in crying as she does often (I was worried that dd2 would walk past the crate crying and Daisy would bark at her; talk about not being comforted in the middle of the night), even when I got up to go pee - not a squeek from her.

She's not exactly a puppy - 35 lbs. We think she is 6-8 mos., but skinny (with big paws - eek - we think she'll get up to around 70 lbs). I still dont have pics yet

Bec - I think its harder in some ways than a new baby How's yours btw?

Zub - my first two are 26 mos apart. I got preg. when my dd1 was 15 mos., so it makes sense to me that the desire is starting to poke. We got preg. again 15 mos later but lost it, and then had dd2 who is 36 mos. younger than ds. So 2 year and 3 year gap here and I think the three year was great (so was the 2 year, but ds was so much more independent when dd2 came compared to where dd1 was when ds came). I felt really biologically compelled to get pregnant each time - like the urge started and I just went with it. Maybe its a luxury not to have to hash out the practicalities or maybe I was just naive but I just got pregnant when I felt the desire until it stopped, which was after dd2 (I always wanted three, felt like someone was still not here before dd2 came, and now have NO desire for more). I dont think having kids is that logical really, (although maybe it should be ). And its true, in 9-10 months your ds will be SO different

Kerc - I feel so lame to not be where I want, but the real cog in the wheel I think is that I dont have a clear vision of what I want anymore. Its hard to separate my care-taking drive from my self-fulfillment drive (because obviously I get a lot of fulfillment from care-taking). Really I think Im having midlife angst, and I havent figured out new goals yet ...

Nic - Yes that does sound like middle school. One of the things that was enjoyable about middle school teaching for me (I taught m.s. English for 2 years and then h.s English for 3) was the emotional manipulation of the kids. Yes, they are learning basic skills, but they are also learning who they will be as students, and gaining, or not, a sense of their academic value. You are teaching them how to be the kids who can have the academic discussions in h.s How do you behave in a discussion, how do you develop and express your ideas in a strong confident way. How do you reconsider your ideas after listening to your peers'. I loved the effect of taking my kids seriously and having high standards, often higher than they had for themselves, and then coaching them and praising the heck out of them until they did the thing I knew they could Yeah, its dang hard. You have to hold the line on getting them to be their best selves, but its so wonderful when they are proud of themselves for it. One kid said to me at the end of the year "in the beginning I thought you were really mean but then I realized you just wanted us to work hard" But it is such hard work. I loved all of kerc's ideas

Enough blathering. Have a lovely day Dingos!

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#185 of 554 Old 10-13-2010, 01:35 PM
bec

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkletruck View Post

Bec - I think its harder in some ways than a new baby How's yours btw?
I do hear you on this. With a baby, I am confident in following my instincts. I know what is innate human behavior, and the best ways to nurture that. I am still trying to get the dog thing figured out. I am glad we have Gromit around. I think that really helps with teaching the pup to be a dog! I've also been a Dog Whisperer devotee for some time now. Read his book and everything! So, I think I have a decent grip on what dogs are supposed to be like and how to give them that help.

Mouse spent a busy morning romping with ice cubes, Gromit, and saving us all from the great dandelion menace that seems to be threatening us all! He is now sacked out in his crate.

Plady - I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I hope his leg just got a sprain or something (IT band sydrome?) and is back to his normal self soon. I will say, that shepherds shed a LOT. There's a lot of hair on them for a smooth coated dog!

#186 of 554 Old 10-13-2010, 01:48 PM

Thanks you guys. Kerc, I am taking the 'suck it up and deal' part and running (forgive the pun ) with that for a while. No other choice anyway, and as Jo said, this is the best option for me and my family for now. Only one community college in easy driving distance here and they need no adjuncts at the moment but I'm working on it.

Sparkle, you are right on the money. And to be truthful, most of the kids are good kids with bad moments who really respond to high expectations and encouragement, even as they complain and pester me to death. There are a couple that are so incredibly draining and disrespectful that it just makes me feel like I am chasing my tail. Not to mention I really don't like being called names and insulted even when they think I can't hear. I'm sure my high school and university students insulted me at times when they didn't like a grade or a test, etc. ... but I never heard it or had to deal with their attitude in class. (Of course that doesn't count the time when one of my students at a private university complained about a grade and then told me he was taking it to the dean because, quote, 'my parents pay your salary.')

It seems that adolescence is truly a second toddlerhood -- they have to be completely re-civilized.

Sigh. We'll see. Maybe I should move my runs to the late afternoon so I can work off the aggravation of the day instead of early mornings. Don't have a clue how I'll schedule that but it might be sanity-saving.

My run this morning was a fail. I didn't feel well and had that inertia that you just can't seem to run through. So I stopped after 2 miles which seems so lazy, but . Some runs are just like that I guess. Better luck tomorrow hopefully.

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#187 of 554 Old 10-13-2010, 04:51 PM

Nick, as right as you are to have taken the job, I hope your path opens soon.

Predictably, I didn't get out of the office in time to work out. But I am having a quick snack in the interest of not overeating dinner, and plan to work out while the kids swim. Better than nothing, and tomorrow is a mental health day for me, which can include 2-3 hours of working out if I like.

And I was able to order the vax I need without a script. Shipped out this afternoon, and I guess we'll be spending some of that quality family time vaccinating animals this weekend.
#188 of 554 Old 10-13-2010, 05:52 PM
bec

So I was chaperoning Abby's preschool field trip to the country store/pumpkin patch today. Parked in a somewhat tight (but doable, and I was in between both lines, for the record) parking spot. I came back from this PRESCHOOL event to a nasty, hateful and curse filled note about how close I parked. I truly hope that this is the worst thing that ever happens to whoever wrote this note, because I shudder to think how they might react if something actually did go wrong in their lives!

#189 of 554 Old 10-13-2010, 09:52 PM

Yikes Bec! Wow, some people just are right at the edge aren't they? I hope you can shrug it off okay, I know that would really disturb me.

So the vet gave dh the option of going full-bore with x-rays/mris etc or said we could just give her some pain meds and see how it goes. So she's got pain meds. I'm glad the vet didn't insist that we treat her like a child. She's a good dog and she's had a good life but I don't want to go bankrupt on her.

#190 of 554 Old 10-13-2010, 10:23 PM

click on the sleepy head to see the new art.

i changed the border to be a little more dynamic, but just chime in if you prefer straight border.

very tired, must cook dinner and clean house now.

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#191 of 554 Old 10-13-2010, 10:42 PM

Good evening, dingo(e)s!

Well, nanny candidate #2 was a major improvement. I didn't fall head over heels for her, but I liked her, and her references are amazing. I need to call and verify personally, but she brought the printout from the nanny agency that she's worked for in the past with references from the past several families she's worked for, and they're pretty impressive. She seemed very receptive to my crazy situation. A tiny bit of a close-talker but that probably shouldn't be a deal breaker, right? I'm still taking my time and hoping to set up a few more interviews, but I think I'd feel comfortable with her if I don't find anyone better.

My taperitis was better today, and the hip felt pretty good while I was running at track. A little twinge-y and a little sore after, but not bad. I did try to call the massage guy my friend recommended, but he hasn't called me back yet, and if he can't get me in tomorrow, I'm way too busy on Friday and wouldn't want to do anything the day before. Oh well. Track today was 1.5 miles at race pace and then 4 200's. FYI, running marathon race pace on a track is kind of bizarrely slow!

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#192 of 554 Old 10-13-2010, 11:02 PM

Poppy! I love the changes! And that baby is so freaking cute. Seriously, that and Zub talking TTC is making me a little wistful.

Gaye - I hope #2's ref's all sound enthusiastic in person. What's a close-talker?

#193 of 554 Old 10-13-2010, 11:07 PM

Nic, many ... that's a hard place to be.

Alex, the desire for #2 totally makes sense to me.

Poppy, I LOVE the shirt art. I'm definitely in. I'm still kicking myself for missing the last shirt. Thank you for all your hard work.

Plady, so sorry about your dog. I hope the pain meds do the trick. I say this gently and respectfully, but please do put some distance between your DD's birthday and any decisions you might have to make about the dog. Tomorrow is the 1st anniversary of when we put our Hannah down and I am pretty sure that is an experience that I will never forget... and I was 33 years old and it wasn't my birthday.

Jo, hope the vaxing goes well.

Bec and Sparkle, yay for new doggies!

La4, way to go on the run!!!!

I have two RR questions (I know, shocking that I would bring up actual RR content, isn't it? ). One... I was supposed to run 3 today but it's not happening. Actually it is 3 or cross train but I always go for the running option. If I get the rest of the week's workouts in, do you think it would be OK to count it as a complete week and move on to the next one in my training schedule? I normally make myself repeat a week if I miss runs (if I have the luxury of time until the race) but for various reasons I'd rather not do that this time around.

My other RR question is that I need a refresher on what I should be doing about eating/drinking after a run. Shortest runs are 3 miles, this week's LR is 7. I am still trying to lose weight. I often run last thing at night... do I need to be taking in calories after the run and before bed? I generally don't eat after dinner unless I am so hungry that I think it will keep me awake, so it seems kind of wrong to eat/drink after a nighttime run when I am not hungry (I do water of course, just not a beverage w/ calories). I am confused about all I read about refueling after a workout and exactly when that applies.

NRR stuff continues. I made a counseling appt for the end of the month and then the counselor called today and offered me a slot this Friday. Yay! I am pursuing getting a 2nd opinion on the Asperger's and plan to follow through with that. However, I have spent a lot of time going back and re-evaluating life with my H and realizing that there are a lot of things I noticed, felt bad about, and rationalized/pushed away that I was probably right about in the first place. One thing I read in particular really hit me - an anecdote about a woman whose AS husband spent the labor and birth of their child complaining that he was tired and wanted to lie down. In the triage room right after we got to the hospital when I was in labor with DD, C got all pale and clammy and said he thought he was going to pass out and the instant I got in a room he left and went to the cafeteria. Then there was the other message board posting about Aspie DHs who go at crosstraining like 12 year olds, and while that's not exactly the case here, I have always felt that the emotional connection aspect was lacking and that it was all about the physical for him (sorry for the TMI) but didn't want to think about/believe that so I pushed that thought away. Oh, and the article about people who are married to Aspies experiencing something along the lines of PTSD... I would not say that I have PTSD, but I have trouble staying out of a mental place where I expect the rest of the world to treat me like he does and therefore wish I could be invisible. All this to say that the more I read, the more I come across that resonates, and gives me permission to realize that this is not the way the majority of the rest of the world operates, not healthy for me or my kids, and not my fault.

Woo, hey, sorry for the novel. One other last little piece of good news is that I am going away all by myself for about 24 hours this weekend to visit a couple who are kinda like 2nd parents and who have known me for ~16 years (actually the husband is the pastor who married us, and I became really close to the wife while nannying/babysitting for their family when I was in college). I am a little worried about how it will go for DS as this will be my first night away from him. I hope he doesn't wean or scream all night. But otherwise I am overjoyed to do this.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#194 of 554 Old 10-13-2010, 11:13 PM

poppy ~ I love it!

Gaye ~ glad nanny #2 seemed more promising

eksmom ~ so glad the therapist is able to see you sooner. And have a wonderful weekend!!!

bec ~ whomever wrote that note sounds like a total nutjob

Nic ~ I honestly can't fathom working with middle-schoolers .

I totally snapped at my kids tonight. We have another house showing tomorrow, the place is a wreck, and no one was helping. Seriously, DD1 was dropping books and clothes and food all over the kitchen/livingroom. DS left his violin on the counter, his music books on the kitchen table and his homework in 3 different rooms. DD2 was whiny and fussy and refused to help at all. I'm afraid I yelled at them, put them all to bed, and cracked open a hard cider to just.chill.out. Nights like this I hate parenting solo. Blech.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#195 of 554 Old 10-14-2010, 12:14 AM

Eks - First of all, I'm so glad you're finding non-dingo sources to back up your suspicion that it's not your fault! Totally not! I'm so sorry that it's all so hard.
Reost run fueling, if I was doing it last thing at night I probably wouldn't want to eat either, at least unless I found that it made me unable to rest. Maybe a glass of choc milk would be sufficient?

And yes, I'm acutely aware that if we have to help nature take its course to save our dog from long-term suffering it will be done after we prep the kids and not anytime close to dd's birthday! Happily the pain meds have made a huge difference for her already. She's still keeping weight off of her back leg but she's bounding around the house like she's gotten a second wind.

JayGee - I totally yelled tonight too, and I'm not even trying to single parent while cleaning for buyers. I just got so irritated at the nightly bout of who-sits-where-and-next-to-whom before dinner I banshee shrieked that I'd make assigned seating for the next 6 years if either of them mentioned anything about it again. And then Alison piped up," But mommy, you sit next to me yes?"

#196 of 554 Old 10-14-2010, 01:03 AM

plady~ Close talker

surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#197 of 554 Old 10-14-2010, 01:49 AM

Can i jump in and say Hi? I've been reading for awhile now... and thought maybe i should actually join the conversation

~Kris mama to Alexis (15), Elizabeth (10), Andrew (7), and 1 angel
#198 of 554 Old 10-14-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsmama View Post
plady~ Close talker
Oh my! I'd forgotten how funny that scene is ! So the new Nanny Candidate (shall we call her NanCan?) is like that? Eek!

Plady ~ glad I'm not the only one who lost it last night. And we play the same "I get to sit next to Mama" game here too. I actually wrote up a schedule of who gets to sleep in my bed while DH is gone so there is no arguing about whose turn it is .

Welcome KJoslyn! Jump right in!

This morning I am RUNNING with two friends from the Y. I didn't tape my leg yesterday and it was sore and achy all day long. I'll certainly strap that fibula down before heading out . This is the dumbest injury I've ever heard of. And other than me, I've never heard of anyone else with it. Figures .

#199 of 554 Old 10-14-2010, 09:53 AM

JayGee, I think of your situation more as condition than injury. I hope the tapes sticks.

eks, just more s

I biked 10 miles during dd's swim lesson and did core work during ds's last night. Taking the day today to work out, whirlpool, maybe thrift a little, and be all chill when the kids get home from school.

Quick! Ideas for next week? I may end up hitting up Mom for a couple days at the cabin...
#200 of 554 Old 10-14-2010, 10:24 AM

tjs- I'm glad she looks promising, though.

Kjoslyn!

eks- I would probably go with chocolate milk or something else light and well-balanced.

Personally, anytime I run in the evenings my postrun drink is a beer. It's just the best. I can't think of a better reason to run 5 miles!

Saturday is DD's birthday. 8! Wow. Then MIL might take the girls to her place for a few days of grandma-ing. I'm not all the way sold on that, but I really hope it works out. I could use a break, I think.
#201 of 554 Old 10-14-2010, 10:31 AM

There is still no resolution on the computer which is leaving me feeling handicapped. I am on a shared computer and don't know most of my passwords.

Not only do we have assigned seating at the table we are short one chair because we have outgrown our home. We have chairs but when they are all at the table you can't walk through the kitchen which is in the center of our home, between the bedrooms and the exit so... I figure someone is usually missing at most meals. This does make me sad but it is our reality right now.

Linus pulled through his 'procedure' okay. While under the laughing gas he really liked Eric Clapton. He held still avoiding the need for general; the cysts were removed and sent off for biopsy. Hopefully that is just routine. He isn't handling the pain well nor is he tolerating the codeine. In what I hope is good news he isn't up yet this morning which is 3 hours late and counting.

In the good news category I received notice that our local breastfeeding coalition received a grant I applied for.

I would have lost it and yelled last night but I have laryngitis.

And just so this isn't all about me I really like the artwork and am very excited about new shirts.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#202 of 554 Old 10-14-2010, 01:00 PM

Guess what? I RAN 5 MILES!!!! Before leaving the house I strapped the fibula good and tight and then headed to the Y to meet my friends. I thought we were only doing 3, but when they said 5, I figured I'd just give it a try. It felt GREAT!!!! Stats for the run ~ 5 miles in 46:20 .

I'm coming back, baby !

#203 of 554 Old 10-14-2010, 02:36 PM

jaygee~so glad the taping is helping!! Not JUST five miles (which is awesome in itself) but a SPEEDY five miles!! WHOO HOO!! I know how long you have been waiting for this.

plady, totally cracking up at the last line (you sit next to me mama?) after the yelling. so funny!

gaye~thanks for that link for close talker, so funny!!

RR: none, it has been crazy couple of days here. dh out of town w/10yo, I was preparing for second showing last night, had to take kids to work with me and have house ready. friend broke her leg so I am taking her daughter to and from preschool so she can rest and heal, which started yesterday. Had to reschedule the garage door opener fixer man from yesterday to today. friend was to pick up ds3 from school and she is texting me five minutes from pick up time asking if he needs a carseat!! So I am leading a 70 women church meeting trying to see if she can still get ds and has a carseat. crazy days!!

I have time to work out right now, but I dont' want to shower again. I'm taking the two kids that are at home to dinner tonight just because we need it.
#204 of 554 Old 10-14-2010, 03:12 PM

JayGee-- for your 5!!!!

mommajb-- for the grant. Hope the computer stuff gets solved soon.

R is sleeping on the floor right now, having been every hour to throw up last night. J has been nursing for an hour. I want a shower. And more to eat, I think. I'm having this weird ptsd stuff because I'm afraid I'm going to get the bug, so every time I go to eat something I have a vision of it coming back up (which is easy because I threw up everything when pregnant with J last fall). DH wants to head to the mountains tonight, but I'm thinking not until tomorrow so R's fully recovered.

I'd love to run today, but don't have high hopes that it will happen.

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 
#205 of 554 Old 10-14-2010, 04:48 PM

JayGee - Awesome on your run!
mommajb: about your grant

Ok, me i guess... I'm a "newbie" runner, havent run since high school really. Of course, just as i restarted back in June, i injured my knee camping and have been limping along ever since. Kind of stinks, but i'm really jonesin' to hit the pavement. My dr sent me to a (HORRIBLE) Orthopedic surgeon, who sent me for MRI to see if i torn anything in the knee. Mostly, i found out i'm knock kneed. And it's likely i overpronate too. fun... so i see the suregon next week, hoping it's not a tear.

Anyways - i'm really hoping for the green light so i can get back to business soon. I found you all doing a search on running here on MDC I'm a bit envious, but i figure if i dont keep interest up somehow, i may not have teh drive to go out in the NY snow here soon

~Kris mama to Alexis (15), Elizabeth (10), Andrew (7), and 1 angel
#206 of 554 Old 10-14-2010, 05:11 PM

Welcome, Kris! I overpronate and have a vicious Q-angle. Still have come to love my running. Hope you can get out there soon.

JayGee, way to tape that sucker, and way to RUN!

Friend met me at the Y. I logged 30min on the elliptical before she arrived, and then we ran/walked about 4 miles through the park, past the spot where a woman drove into the water this past week, actually, for those of you who may have heard in the news about the strange string of people driving into the lake/river here. Apparently it went national, though I had only heard about it in the locker room. Anyway, my legs are tired and I should probably take tomorrow off (and no doubt there will be crosstraining ). Might soon get back to our Sunday Y SPA DAY. We had lunch together after working out, and it was just really nice to have a little relaxed grown-up time.

Plady, I have meant to leave you a here. I hope you've felt my hug vibes.

mommajb, what's the grant about, specifically?
#207 of 554 Old 10-14-2010, 07:12 PM
bec

Oy, I feel like I've been so busy lately!!! Let's do the FM report. I got to tri class early, and got bored walking around the track, so started some light jogging (really, really easy pace). I ended up having a nice long warm up jog for about 20 minutes (roughly 2 miles, but I wasn't keeping careful track). Then, we had some core work and a 45 minute spin routine.

Today, I swam a bit, and took the puppy for a mile walk. Both dogs loved it, and puppy has been sleeping well!

JG - I am soooo excited for you and your very quick 5 miles!!!

Mommajb - So glad that Linus came through all right! And congrats on the grant!

Gaye - I have my fingers crossed for the perfect child care situation to fall in your lap!

My brain is fried. If I missed anyone, know I'm thinking lovely dingo thoughts at you all!

#208 of 554 Old 10-14-2010, 08:44 PM

Welcome, Kris

Oh wowsa, Jaygee, I am so happy for you. And, seriously, speedy, speedy, mama!

Mommajb, I'm really hoping you get the computer fixed soon. Three friends have ipads and they really like them, except the touch typing so at least one of them has bought a wireless keyboard to go with it. I am a big mac fan myself. WTG on the grant! Are you feeling any better?

Plady. sorry to hear about the dog

Gaye, any luck on the nanny. I totally cracked up watching the 'close talker' clip that Plady posted!

THANKS for all your feedback on more kids. I feel so ready all of a sudden, and just like I felt before we had DS. All of a sudden I just wanted a baby... we were lucky to conceive the first month of trying (such a geek and charted from the start) but I am guessing that it won't be as easy because a) I have only just sorta started to have a period, and b) we co-sleep and have a child who is rather attached to mama's milkies I've started to temp again to see if I am even ovulating.. but I feel so ready!

And today two friends had little boys. One friend is the best friend of my friend who lost her baby Otis, just over a month ago. It's really hard to walk the line of welcoming this little boy when we have our grieving friend who is just wanting to die all of the time because of her sweet little boy.

Today is my anniversary! It happens to be the date that we both started to date and got married (a weird coincidence!).. 16 years together and 8 years of marriage. We had a nice day - a morning run with Raf - 5 miles with 3 mile tempo (7:39 pace), which really was more my all out pace but DH is now much faster than me and so I always have to run faster than I would like... and I have to share the pushing of Raf, which seems unfair. Anyway, we also went to the pub for lunch and had a nice time chilling out together with the little guy.

Also, I have been nursing round the clock for 15 months and for the first time I am dealing with either a little cut or cracking.. whatever it is my right boob is just killing when Raf nurses from that side. I have to bit into a towel when he nurses. Hope it heals soon.

jog.gif   mama to DS 7/09 and married to DH bikenew.gif

#209 of 554 Old 10-14-2010, 10:06 PM
bec

Happy Anniversary, Zub!!! And, holy tempo pace!!!!

#210 of 554 Old 10-14-2010, 10:54 PM

Ok, bowing down to the super speediness of jaygee and alex, here. And happy anniversary, alex!

Welcome, Kris!

mommajb~ Awesome grant news!

We went to the pumpkin patch today. I was pretty bummed that pretty much none of our friends could go today, but there was one friend and her two daughters, so we weren't completely on our own (and had someone to take pictures of us ). We picked out four fabulous pumpkins (with me redirecting DS every time he tried to pick out one that was half green or had no hope of sitting upright...seriously, if it was up to him, we would have taken the whole field home!).

I had a lead on a nanny, but she's in school and has classes on the days I would need her, so that's a no go. No other new applicants today. I think I'm going to give it the weekend, and if I don't get any more interest, offer to yesterday's candidate (assuming her references match up to the amazing written ones she brought with her).

Oh, and the massage guy finally called back, over 24 hours later, and can't fit me in. I guess it's just me, my foam roller, and my ice pack. We stopped at goodwill this afternoon to buy a throwaway sweatshirt, and it all of a sudden hit me that I'm running a marathon in three days. THREE DAYS, people!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page