October should be spent chasing the Naughty Dingos - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 554 Old 10-16-2010, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Penelope, I would probably wait for fairies, but that's not what I'd recommend. I have been doing my PT exercises for both my old "usual" injuries pretty faithfully, and it's working at least as a talisman. If fairies didn't work and my dh didn't travel, I'd probably sacrifice his time rather than work time.

Lofty, have fun! Hope you wore the boots!

And most of all... Go Gaye!

eks, what Plady said.

dh is soooo jetlagged, and my parents came over. They bought him a present--an arbor for the backyard--and dad and dh put it together. Looks nice. They also brought a big load of fallen apples for the animals.

And of course, dh brought about 20lbs of chocolate. I'm going to have to hand it out to friends. I think I may have eaten half of it already.

Vaxing animals tomorrow. That's a must. The rest is details, I guess. Big week ahead. Dh is home, getting a new backdoor installed, refinancing the mortgage, and hoping to take some time to myself before he trots off for another 2 weeks.

So...who's taking shirt orders?
#242 of 554 Old 10-16-2010, 10:47 PM

I think Mel is taking the orders, but I need to talk to screenprinter on Monday to finalize things. Once I do that, I'll confirm price, size range and colors and Mel can decide how she wants to receive the info and payment (or payment comes to me because I'll be the one putting money down to get the order started) I'm sure there will be a window of time ie all orders in by certain date with payment needed before order is placed with printer.

Sound reasonable?

mom to ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif and dd (9) hearts.gif

#243 of 554 Old 10-16-2010, 10:52 PM

Sounds WONDERful.

So...who wants to come over and take some of this chocolate off my hands?
#244 of 554 Old 10-16-2010, 11:12 PM

penelope~How about another option? Go talk to the athletic trainers and find out a recommendation for a PT in your work town. They should know who's good.

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#245 of 554 Old 10-17-2010, 01:43 AM

: GO GAYE :

Loft - i hear you on the lack of friends. Maybe that is why i spend so much time on facebook (the only time/place i interact with anyone *sigh*

Jo - Happy homecoming! And I'd take some chocolat, but my hips would hate me for it (though my PMSing hormones would LOVE it!)

Me - anxiously waiting for Thursday to see teh Orthopedic Dr and hear my MRI results. My knee buckled under me just walking in the kitchen today (of course i have most uneven floors in all of NY state), but I've really had not much pain (more like, discomfort, but maybe cause i'm unconscienly avoiding pain now, like stairs, and kneeling). Wondering if I'll need PT to streangthen the knee up if it's not torn.. just not sure.

So tomorrow I'm heading to church and then going to spend the afternoon baking school snacks for the week with the kids.

~Kris mama to Alexis (15), Elizabeth (10), Andrew (7), and 1 angel
#246 of 554 Old 10-17-2010, 08:19 AM

Gaye, that's a good idea. I will have to figure out if they (or anyone) can take me without a sports doc referral - maybe the trainers could refer me for insurance purposes. (?)

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#247 of 554 Old 10-17-2010, 10:12 AM
bec

I like Gaye's suggestion. Like Jo, I'm usually a wait for the fairies to work things out for myself. When I was having ITB problems, foam rolling was what REALLY made the difference for me. Hurt like hell, but made all the difference in the world. Also, the zumba (which I haven't been do since I broke my leg) really helped with gently strengthening the surrounding muscles. I think the high intensity, but low impact lateral movement really made a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jooj View Post
So...who wants to come over and take some of this chocolate off my hands?
I've just been waiting for the invitation!!

Gaye!!!!! You are running a marathon today!!! (I am forever making the typo "marathong").

It's doubtful that I'm going to get any significant FM today. DH is gone with a customer all morning, and my brother is supposedly coming around lunch time (his track record of actually showing up is slightly more than the chances of winning the lottery). It's been a rough week because I've been tired with puppy duty/kids' schedules. I'm also likely to miss tri class this week due to my friend that picks my kids up from dance while we are in class being out of town on Wednesday. It is really sad to me that I have no other resources for babysitting. Anyway, can't be in two places at once, and the kids need to be picked up. I'm planning on sending DH to class, and I'll get a copy of the workout and do it either earlier in the day, or the following day. I do plan on trying to get to the gym m-f next week and seeing how that works!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#248 of 554 Old 10-17-2010, 10:19 AM

go gaye!!!!

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#249 of 554 Old 10-17-2010, 10:51 AM

Penelope - 20 minutes TWICE a day or twenty minutes total - Id aim for the latter. Just think 10 minutes at a time; maybe stretch (hold it for 1.5-2 minutes) and do 3x10 clamshells alternating with 3x10 leg-lifts-against-the-wall. Then in the evening, foam roll

Go Gaye!!!

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#250 of 554 Old 10-17-2010, 11:51 AM

GO GAYE!!! : broccoli

Penelope, I like Gaye's advice. It can't hurt to try, right?

Jo, I'm on my way over. (in my dreams. Seriously.)

The shindig was something else. When I got there, all the cowboys were lined up on their Harleys giving women rides and the women had to stand up in the bikes with their mouths wide open to grab the hot dog slathered in mustard with their mouths. See any symbolism? Um, no thank you. I also passed on the carburetor-throwing contest but let the kids buy squares for chicken poop bingo. A few people remembered me as a girl and all the old folks remembered my dad. (Oh how, I miss him.) one guy is the high school principal and has a high school English position opening next year and plans to come knock on my door so I will take it. Another friend about 5 years younger just moved home and plans to come visit. So that's good, right? I've Bern thinking, too, that since there are women who wanted yoga teaching that maybe there are some who would like a tri-class. It sounds pie-in-the-sky but I'll put it out there.

Have a great day, lovely dingoes!

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#251 of 554 Old 10-17-2010, 02:54 PM
bec

I'm so glad you met some people, Lofty!

Gaye is on time for a kick ass marathon time!!!!

#252 of 554 Old 10-17-2010, 02:55 PM
bec

Oh, and an update on my social plans...Looks like I'm not winning the brother lottery today. I wish I knew why I keep trying.

#253 of 554 Old 10-17-2010, 04:56 PM

Ok, Lofty, that is one of the funniest descriptions I have read in a long time. Should be part of a short story ... or an essay by David Sedaris (or DFW)

FM: That's right ladies, not a mistype. I hiked today. Went up into the mtns. where a stream was still running (in the Southwest in Fall!) and the leaves were changing. We walked along the trail through a bower of yellow leaves for a mile as we ascended up a steep ledge that topped out with a 360 degree view. The kids: "this is AWESOME!". They played in the stream, building forts, for an hour, and we hiked a few miles (maybe 3) out and back. Daisy (the dog) did great with all the other dogs she met on the trail - i am much relieved - and now dd2 and Daisy are CRASHED out, the former in the car and the latter in her crate, where she went directly after coming in the front door. After dd2 wakes we'll head to Costco - woot - and then dh will be home from work. phew...

Go Gaye!!

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#254 of 554 Old 10-17-2010, 07:32 PM

I think that as adults it can be so hard to make friends.

KJosyln- I hope you get fixed up soon!

Jo- If you send back the book, toss in some chocolate!

FM- I walked 2 miles with my MIL, then walk/jogged 2 with DH this morning. It was good to get out, and good to have DH home to watch the kids.

My kids are going home with MIL for a few days, and it is wrought with scheduling issues, already! I have pumpkins to process, carrots to dry, buns to bake, and a DH that would like a date with me for the first time in ages.
I am a little fried because I want to have a little time to myself to sew in a clean house. And I have a feeling it won't happen. *sigh*
#255 of 554 Old 10-17-2010, 08:15 PM

Great race, Gaye!!!! And you look super-speedy in your Brooks gear!

Nemesis ~ let the work wait and sew for a few hours. It will be restorative. Trust me .

KJoslyn ~ hope it's not your ACL. I tore mine (and the medial meniscus too) in a ski accident in 1996. I know the repair surgery has come a long way in 14 years though. I have arthritis from mine .

sparkle ~ that sounds like some wonderful FM up in the mountains .

Well, DH is headed back to Illinois. Nine more weeks to go... We had a fantastic time this weekend celebrating his 47th birthday . Unfortunately, Kay has a nasty case of croup and a super sore throat. Her rapid strep test was negative today, but I won't be surprised if the regular test comes back positive. Is it selfish of me to be bummed that I won't be able to run tomorrow since she won't be going to school? Yeah, I thought so.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#256 of 554 Old 10-17-2010, 09:30 PM

Gaye -

JayGee - thanks. My Reg dr thought i torn the meniscus while camping (i thought i was just a wimp who couldn't kneel, so i waited to see him until my regular thyroid check up with him)... should have gone in sooner (where were the "get better fairies then?). Plus, i really hate this Ortho.. knew me for all of 10 seconds and had ALL sorts of things to talk about - that was NOT my knee.

and GL with the strep... we had that here with my oldest last week

#257 of 554 Old 10-17-2010, 09:45 PM

Gaye, so excited to read the RR!

My gentle FM today - a nice 6m bike ride with dd. Other than that, it has been grading, grading, church, prep for class tomorrow, grading, and more grading. I did also fold a buncha laundry so at least we're all in clean socks and undies for the week.

I'm life-stressing. I need online therapy since IRL therapy feels too complicated.

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#258 of 554 Old 10-17-2010, 09:58 PM

I did it! I'm a marathoner (again)!

Prepare for a reeeeeaaaallly long race report because a) I want to type it all out before I forget and b) that's just how I roll, but you guys know that by now.

So, as you all know, I've kind of been in denial all week about this marathon thing. I think part of that was just doubt that I could actually do it! Even as I was laying all my gear out last night, I really was not grasping that I was running a marathon this morning! Oh, and then I woke up and found dog puke in the bathroom and my closet, so that was a fabulous start to my morning. I headed down to the start, was plenty early, but miraculously as I was texting with my friend Liz to figure out where she was, I ran (almost literally) right into her! I also miraculously managed to find my friend Shannon, who didn't even have a phone...no small feat in a sea of 15k runners, the majority gathered right in front of the gear check/portopotties! It was COLD, and I really didn't want to check my bag, but it was time, so we checked and walked over to the start. Everyone was in separate corrals, but it was awesome to have some friendly company until we split! Eventually we started moving forward, but it took 17 minutes for my corral to get over the start line, and we were off!

The first four miles were through downtown, and it was fun. I think the best cheerleading squads were in this section, and my friend Randi was at the mile 2 aid station, so I got to get a cheer and a quick hug from her. Oh, and I saw a woman totally run into a fence on a rented bicycle at about 1/2 a mile in, which was hilarious (she was laughing, so I felt ok about laughing at it!). I saw my friend Hillary's DH around mile 3, and then it was up a short but steep hill out of downtown. I was feeling pretty good at this point, so I figured I'd just go with it and hang on as long as I could. I thought that at the very least, I'd bank some time for later on! There was an out-and-back section where I saw Hillary and a friend from school, which was fun. Randi was right around mile 9 and ran with me for a few blocks and gave me a pep talk, then it was on to a long gradual uphill that seemed a lot worse than it did during last year's half! Right around the half, my friend Cody (remember him? ) was there and ran with me for a few blocks. I cannot tell you how much having friends along the course helped. It was unbelievably awesome. At the half, I was pretty much rocking it. I was at 2:20 and hoping to hold on for at least 4:45. My friend Lindsay was at mile 16, where we were going around and through one of the 3 big parks in town for about 5 miles. She was fantastic...brought oranges and a bottle of water and ran with me for a bit before peeling back to try to catch Hillary and then get me on the other side of the park. By the time I saw her again just before 19, I had hit the wall. Not having so much fun anymore. But still smiling! I walked with her a little bit (I didn't walk at all until the mile 17 aid station, go me!) and let her give me a pep talk. From there it was just a little over 10k to go, so I knew I would finish, I just had to tough it out. My friend Becky surprised me by popping up at EXACTLY the right moment around mile 21 and running with me (pushing a stroller!) for a few minutes. This part of the course was tough. It wasn't in a very scenic area, the crowds had thinned, and it was starting to heat up. At mile 21, I knew 4:45 was gone, but thought if I could just run 12 minute pace, I could still PR. By 22, I figured that was going to be a stretch. At 23.5, for some unknown reason, they ran us up a viaduct just to turn around and come right back down. Thanks a lot, course designers! There was a lot more walking the last 10k than I had hoped for, but I was still smiling! I made it a point the last few miles to really try to thank all the volunteers and police officers.

Soon enough, I was running across the finish line, and there was Becky again, and Hillary's DH! I'm so proud of myself. I didn't have exactly the race I wanted, but I really did have fun. I smiled the entire 26.2. I'm not sure why, but I was really emotional today, too. I almost started crying after I finished, and I didn't even come close after Phoenix! I hung out for awhile with Becky and waited for Hillary to finish (her first full mary, hooray!) and then got some lunch with a friend from school. I hurt, but I'm still smiling. I don't know why, but I just can't stop! It was a beautiful day, perfect weather, good friends (even if I never found half of them!!!), and I ran 26.2 miles. Not bad for being in denial right up until the start.

And as always, much love to my dingo(e)s. I carried you all with me the entire 26.2.

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#259 of 554 Old 10-17-2010, 10:43 PM

hey hey!!!!! i don't have time to go through 13 pages of posts, but I am soooo in for a shirt this year - especially with that fantastic design.

things are craaaazy - closing on the new house on the 29th, moving that weekend.

running is good - not a lot of distance at all, but going fast. pulled out a third overall place finish in the big breast cancer 5K around here, won a small 5K a few weeks ago, and a second place in a 5K when i was on a mini-vaca in NC.

life is good.
#260 of 554 Old 10-17-2010, 10:46 PM

Gaye: Wow! Sounds like an excellent 26.2!!

Kate~mom: on your 5K times and on the house and moving!

#261 of 554 Old 10-17-2010, 11:36 PM

Good evening! I spent the weekend with my parents and didn't bring my computer, so I'm hopelessly behind and skimming the weekend deluge of posts.

Eks--Good news on the new counseling being better than the old counseling.

Jo--Hooray for DH being home again! I hope this means that you will get some relaxation time. And yay for all the chocolate!

Gaye--Fantastic job on today's marathon! There was one going on in Newport, RI, near where we were with my parents. I thought of you and was hoping the weather was as nice today for you as it was in New England.

Poppy--Shirts are awesome; I love everything about them and can't wait to order mine!

Hi new folks! Great to have you join us here!

I weighed myself at my parents' this morning. We don't own a scale, so I rarely know my weight. I was pleasantly surprised, about five pounds less than I feared, and it's left me feeling especially motivated to start running again tomorrow. Last week I was fighting a major hormone-crash headache, but that seems to have passed for the moment, leaving me no excuse.

Have a great start to the week!
#262 of 554 Old 10-18-2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plady View Post
"What's in a name? That which we call a jerk
By any other name would smell as foul."
Plady, you just have this way with words that always makes me giggle (or snort) and you are poignant at the same time.

Gaye, congrats, mama!

kate~mom, it's so nice to see you here! You sound great and I'm glad. I think about you a lot.

Lofty, I haven't mentioned it but I'm so happy to see you here too! Glad you got to get out and meet some people while avoiding the less fun parts of the shindig. I wish we lived in the same place so we could be IRL friends and not just online.

Sparkle, yay for hiking!

Penelope, I hope you get the ITB stuff figured out.

La4, congrats on the good scale news!

KJoslyn, hope you get some answers soon.

I am back from my weekend jaunt and I feel rather amazing. I this couple... they are definitely like 2nd parents to me. Their perspective is so valuable because they have known C for as long as I have + 3 years, yet they don't carry the same emotional baggage as blood relatives do. I think they helped me see that the AS diagnosis is most likely the right one, although they definitely encouraged the 2nd opinion as well. Also, it was incredible to be around people who communicate well. Sometime in the first few hours after I arrived, I realized I was still on edge waiting to have to intervene in their interactions (like the dad-kid refereeing I am constantly doing) and had to consciously tell myself I could let that go. It went a long way towards making me realize that there is normal life out there. I cried driving away from their house... but I feel pretty recharged and I'm just going to try to hang on to that feeling as long as I can.

Now... RR... can someone get out the Dingo boot? I haven't run since Tuesday. All my built in extra weeks are used up from my training schedule and I have to get back on track and stay there.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#263 of 554 Old 10-18-2010, 12:50 AM

Nick--LOL about Romeo & Juliet.

eksmom--you might be interested in reading John Elder Robison's Look Me in the Eye. It's about a guy with Asperger's. The book annoyed me because he came across as such a self-centered jerk for much of the book. Apparently he has a new one out, though I don't think I can stomach more of his attitude. Glad you found a better counselor though.

nemesis--I hope you get that time to sew anyhow.

tjsmama-- for another 26.2 and a great RR too!

Quick poll: if we're heading out to visit my husband's family in NY for Thanksgiving, does it seem rude or odd or strange that we might stay in a motel rather than with his grandmother if the following circumstances apply:
1. the mattresses are 50+ years old
2. DH's parents will also be coming, and most likely, his brother's family (total: 4 kids, 6 adults), so two of the three families will have to stay elsewhere. (His grandmother's house has a capacity of 4: one double bed and two twin beds.)

I hate sleeping on the lumpy, creaky, way-too-old mattresses and I really hate the idea that we'll be the only people staying there while everyone else gets to stay in a motel (with new mattresses and without clutter on every usable surface in the room). Also, I *really* like having our own space in the morning and at night rather than having to spend every single minute within earshot (surveillance) of one of his family members. ETA: $ is not the issue. It already costs an arm and a leg to fly to NY (like $500x3!!!!) and rent a car, so the extra $200-$300 we'll have to shell out for a motel isn't exactly an issue, ikwim.

So, what do Dingos say? Am I crazy/selfish/not-caring-about-DH's-wants as he claims, or is it reasonable to want to stay in a motel for the two nights we'll be there seeing as everyone else will be?

Edited again to add: ran 8 today. I headed out with J in the jogger for 6, decided it was a nice day and I didn't want to turn around and head back on the same trail, so I kept going on my loop. Happily, it was only 8. I couldn't remember if it was a 7.5 or 8 or 8.5 loop. But it was really nice to be out and away from DH, who is in a *mood* these days, and clearly, I am the bane of his existence.

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 
#264 of 554 Old 10-18-2010, 02:45 AM

Real - You are totally within the realm of reason and righteousness. It is nuts to stay in a situation like that if there is a motel option and other people are taking it too. Seriously, there's such a thing as too much family. I hope your dh can understand that you'll be a much happier in-law if you aren't trapped in g'ma's house the entire time. Good luck!

Eks - Well, we were talking about Romeo and Juliet after all And there's a whole world of adults out there that don't need constant refereeing, and I can see you in the thick of it.

Lofty - Oh my. What an image! For a second I thought you were going to say you climbed on up! I mean, I know it can be hard to meet people. That's excellent that you've got a job offer looming, and for finding a soul mate down there.

Kate~Mom - SO good to see you here! You sound positively frisky! I love it!

KJos - Good luck with your results!

Gaye - Great RR! It sounds like a great day, I love your pix on FB too.

La4 - on happy scale surprises!

RR: Nope, not me. I was conspicuously absent from the Run Ladies Run 1/2 Mary that every other woman I know participated in today. Next year.

NRR: Held the first full-cast full-show run through this evening and it went, well, not badly at all! Considering there were 55 people and 5 scenes out of 9 that had never been rehearsed at all it went remarkably smoothly. The producer is either the nicest man ever or I've actually got it going on because he said it was the most together production of this size that he'd ever seen at this stage of rehearsals. That definitely helped take the edge off of my grumpy-DayQuil-dependent-

Now for some reason I'm totally wired and couldn't fall asleep, but at least I got to check in with y'all.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#265 of 554 Old 10-18-2010, 07:30 AM

Gaye, what an awesome RR! I'm so glad you have such a great community and had a good run.

Lisa, stay in the hotel. You're not crazy and you're not disregarding your dh's feelings.

Katherine, and yay for time spent with people who recharge you.

Plady, you crack me up. (re: the comment to Lofty...)

I've been foam rolling, etc. and am going to run later in the week to see how the ol' knee is doing. Still thinking about the PT; going to make some calls today.

Had a fight with dh last night, after he spent 3 hours watching football (fine, whatevs) and I had to ask nicely for the fifth time if he'd take the household garbage out (). I just can't reconcile "I love you" with "but I'm going to sit on my a** and never even ask if there's anything I can do to make your life easier while you consistantly work 10 and 12 hour days. Plus I will ignore reasonable direct requests and the smell of garbage. And when I have charge of the kids, they will watch TV or play a computer game! Because it's easy!" etc. etc. I kinda don't know what to do. Oh, wait, I'm going to spend another couple hours grading!

Happily, the weather here is gorgeous and coolish, so I at least get to wear cute boots to work every day.

#266 of 554 Old 10-18-2010, 09:42 AM

Hey girls! Just popping in to say I want a shirt! Even though I don't really keep up with the thread anymore, I'm still a Dingo at heart. Where do I send my money?

Also, I really miss y'all. I'm running more than ever, dealing with problems up and down my left leg (knee and ankle) and feeling great about my upcoming half. I'm a little nervous about the full in January, but excited about it. Dh is running a lot right now and has gotten downright FAST. We can't run together anymore, which is fine with me. I have started running with an old friend from high school who runs just slightly faster than I, so he pushes me for speed and I push him for distance. It works out nicely.

Oh and Gaye, you super-duper ROCK!!! So proud of you!

Paige, mama to three girls, (10), (8) and (3)
#267 of 554 Old 10-18-2010, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

I need to get ready for class soon so this is brief:

Real: motel vs. stay at your dh's grandmothers -- motel is reasonable. YOU HAVE A BABY. There. I said it. Plus you have a pretty intense big kid. I suspect it would be good for your big kid to have a chance for a time out. Nothing says that dh can't drop you guys off at the motel and return to the house while you put the girls to bed.

EKS: I'm so glad you have some support IRL. Of course you cried when you left. Something tells me you need to visit this couple more often.

Loftmama
: I so wish I could visit you. If only I had extra $$ and vacation time.

Penelope: My dh was being a too yesterday. No big fight or anything, but he was being an idiot. Fortunately we all soldiered on and this morning was a new light for us.

I'm off to teach.....thank goodness we've reached the part of the semester where I know the content in my sleep.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#268 of 554 Old 10-18-2010, 10:32 AM
bec

Gaye - Awesome RR!!!! You and I should plan to run a marathon together. We are pretty evenly paced. It would be nice to have someone that could push me just a little bit! And I soooo still have the marathon bug. It's not out of my system yet!

Real - Hotel, all the way.

Eks - I'm glad you feel refreshed, and gained some perspective this weekend.

kate~mom - Good to see you!

#269 of 554 Old 10-18-2010, 10:43 AM

Gaye ~ Great RR! I wish I could run a marathon...

Real ~ ditto on the hotel. Kerc brings up some good points.

kate~mom and HBM ~ great to see you both!!!! Once a Dingo, always a Dingo. And Kate, you are TEARING it up out there!

Eks ~ glad you had a good weekend. I'm thinking of you this week and hoping you find some peace.

Penelope ~ sorry your DH is being a butt . Come on dude, it's trash. Just take it out.

DD1 is home with croup today. I didn't know you could get croup without having a cold, but she's got that awful barking cough, a super sore throat and a slight fever, but no cold symptoms at all. I just hope it doesn't spread through the rest of the family. No FM for me...

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#270 of 554 Old 10-18-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope View Post
Happily, the weather here is gorgeous and coolish, so I at least get to wear cute boots to work every day.
Way to look at the bright side! I am sorry about the struggle at home though that's exhausting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
DD1 is home with croup today. I didn't know you could get croup without having a cold, but she's got that awful barking cough, a super sore throat and a slight fever, but no cold symptoms at all. I just hope it doesn't spread through the rest of the family. No FM for me...
Oh JayGee, there seems to be some really annoying low-grade colds going around, that sounds like what my dad has up in Madison. I hope she's got a short-term type.

HBM! Of course you're a Dingo!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page