5 Pounds in November--lots to be thankful for - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 10-31-2010, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Does anyone want to join me in losing 5 lbs this month, or whatever reasonable goal you wish to achieve? I got to my goal weight last spring and through the summer left off exercise and have crept up about 5. I want to get back down. Should not be too hard!

What I will do: measure all I eat. Use sparkpeople. Exercise daily, probably walking.

All in!

Rosemary, married  mama to Pascal 3/08 and expecting #2 on Halloween.
#2 of 12 Old 11-01-2010, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll join you! I'm hoping for a loss of about 1.5 pounds per week so 6lbs total for the month. I was 171 this morning and that would put me at 165 by the end of the month. I'm hoping for 160 by Christmas.

I'm on day 13? or maybe it's 14? of The 30 Day Shred. I also just recently joined a gym for this month and maybe next month too if I can swing it. I've been walking on days that I can't go to the gym. When I go to the gym I use the elliptical and bike machines and lift weights.

I also count calories and drink at least a gallon of water per day.
#3 of 12 Old 11-01-2010, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwoods1995 View Post
I'll join you! I'm hoping for a loss of about 1.5 pounds per week so 6lbs total for the month. I was 171 this morning and that would put me at 165 by the end of the month. I'm hoping for 160 by Christmas.

I'm on day 13? or maybe it's 14? of The 30 Day Shred. I also just recently joined a gym for this month and maybe next month too if I can swing it. I've been walking on days that I can't go to the gym. When I go to the gym I use the elliptical and bike machines and lift weights.

I also count calories and drink at least a gallon of water per day.
Thank you for joining me. Was feeling lonely here for a little bit!
A gallon of water a day is impressive to me. I did hear that if you drink a pint of water before a meal, you'll lose weight and be less hungry. This makes sense to me, but especially in winter/cold I am BAD at drinking water. Wine is a different story!

I did well today. Eating is under control and took a great walk in the woods.
I hope someone else will join us! But I'm glad for your companionship!

Rosemary, married  mama to Pascal 3/08 and expecting #2 on Halloween.
#4 of 12 Old 11-02-2010, 11:03 AM

I went to the gym last night and did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 on a stationary bike.

But I'm 172 this morning grrr. I seem to be fluctuating back and forth around 171-172...I can't wait until I get into the 160's!

I won't be able to go to the gym today but I'm going to walk to the polls to vote (it's not far though) and I'll do the 30DS video later.

Must. Resist. The. Halloween. Candy.
#5 of 12 Old 11-02-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryS-F View Post
A gallon of water a day is impressive to me. I did hear that if you drink a pint of water before a meal, you'll lose weight and be less hungry. This makes sense to me, but especially in winter/cold I am BAD at drinking water. Wine is a different story!
I need to drink more water, in fact-I'm going to grab some right after I post this. You made me laugh about the wine. I lOOOOve wine. My hubby and I usually bought a box of wine on Fridays and we drink it all weekend long. It was fun, but I just can't do it anymore-all those calories...so, we do beer Thursdays. I give myself the freedom to drink up to 4 'light' beers. It works for us, because then I don't feel like it's the weekend so Party Time!
I want to join! I am 183 and would like to be at most 178 by the end of the month. I'm doing weight watchers. Trying to make sure I eat all my recommended fruits/veggies/whole grains/healthy oils. I'm going to strive for a pitcher of water a day from the fridge.

Jessicaintactlact.gif, wife to Derricklurk.gif, missing Joslyn angel3.gif, 22 weeks 06.18.08, rainbow1284.gifBaby Kai Ambrose 05.10.10 and Isla Blythe born on Thanksgiving '12 uc.jpg

#6 of 12 Old 11-04-2010, 09:24 AM

I want to join you! I'm going to try really hard to keep up with posting. RosemaryS-F, I remember being on a thread like this awhile back, and you were just dropping the pounds. You're going to be my inspiration.

I would love to get down 5 lbs and fit into some of my pants that I wore pre-baby (and she's already 2). I'm going to get up at 5 at least 3 mornings a week to do The Firm or 30 day shred, and I will get out and walk/run on the weekends. Also, water is big for me, and maybe in a day or 2 I'll be ready to give up the candy.

Today will not be an exercise day, but I'm going to watch what I eat. I packed plenty of healthy foods for my 12 hour day!
#7 of 12 Old 11-04-2010, 02:31 PM

Im in.
A few days late, but I started my diet today and just found your post.
I did a 1/2 hour work out till baby started crying. I'm trying to realize something is better than nothing. I really wish I could exercise more.
I'm eating well today besides my tea and coffee, but really being good.
I'm not going to go near the Halloween candy until Saturday night. I have to have treat nights twice a week or I will NEVER live like this.
I'm trying to lose 17 lbs and man is it HARD.
Maybe 5 is a good way to start!
Good luck to all of us.
Im 144 now with a very small frame.
#8 of 12 Old 11-05-2010, 12:36 AM

I am in!!! I am 147.. I would like to be 140 entering dec.. my goal weight is 130.. I have been going back and forth between the treadmill and 30 day shred.. one day I do 2-3 miles, the next I do 30 day shred.. I am thinking about doing a cleanse ths next week to hopefully jump start a little weight lose and to feel less tired hopefully!!

"If we are to heal the planet, we must begin by healing birthing."
~Agnes Sallet Von Tannenberg
#9 of 12 Old 11-07-2010, 11:37 AM

How's everyone doing?

I was able to get 40 min. of exercise in on Tuesday and Friday mornings this week, and a 45 minute run (with a bit of walking) Saturday. Eating hasn't been too bad, but I'm still eating leftover halloween chocolate. I think it's about gone.

This week, I want to workout today and get at least 3 other days of exercise in before work. I still need to drink more water, and I'm aiming for a big salad everyday for lunch. I plan on weighing myself after AF leaves.
#10 of 12 Old 11-07-2010, 03:26 PM

I was 169 this morning. I seem to fluctuate day to day by a pound or two but I am gradually going down, yay!

I won't be able to get to the gym much this week so I'm hoping I can keep to my calorie limit without having the extra wiggle room.
#11 of 12 Old 11-08-2010, 10:45 AM

I am in. I dropped about 50 lbs about 2 years ago and 5 of it has crept back on since I quit my job 6 months ago. I went to the gym yesterday. It felt so good.

My goals are to cut back on coffee and drink way more water. Also, probably not eat candy/cookies/cake all day long. I did so much better when I was at work. I just didn't bring any treats with me. It was so easy. Now, the treats are in the next room all. the. time. I am also going to go to the gym 3-4x/week and walk the dogs a few times too.

I am also going to start lifting weights again. I can't seem to get rid of my little belly, even when I am at a good weight. We'll see if this time I can take care of that!

Good luck everyone.
#12 of 12 Old 11-18-2010, 06:07 AM

I hit my (first) goal--and a week early too! Yay! I'm hoping to lose at least 5 more by Christmas.

How is everyone else doing?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page