Postpartum Weight Loss- November! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
First ... 2  3  4
Fitness and Weight Management > Postpartum Weight Loss- November!
nola79's Avatar nola79 05:31 PM 11-24-2010

Yay Amanda!!

mamabear0314's Avatar mamabear0314 06:53 AM 11-25-2010

Hey everyone! I weighed this morning at 222.8. It's falling off a loooot slower this time!

pacificbliss's Avatar pacificbliss 09:14 AM 11-25-2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Moderation ladies, moderation. It is my mantra for the weekend. smile.gif

mandica's Avatar mandica 09:25 AM 11-25-2010

I was 139.4 the last two mornings. I just find it so amazing how quickly I can lose weight once I get going. Its the keeping it off part I definitely struggle with. **sigh

My WW weigh in is tonight.. hoping to show a good loss.

loveneverfails's Avatar loveneverfails 10:41 AM 11-25-2010

167.4 for December!  I tend to not go nutty over holidays, so I'll be interested to see what comes this week weight wise. 

Annie Mac's Avatar Annie Mac 08:36 AM 11-26-2010

Alright guys, accountability needed here. I think I've gained a few pounds. It's been freezing here, so I haven't been weighing naked, and haven't even necessarily been weighing in the morning, but every time I've stepped on the scale in the last week, it's been more like 112-113, vs 110. And remember how I told Spuglyroo to put her baked goods in the freezer? Well, not long after that, I hauled out my pumpkin chocolate bread. I just ate the last slice for breakfast. It's gone now. There's another in the freezer, plus more goodies down there as well.

But I'm not going to touch them. I'm just going to eat good, healthy food. Not butter laden. Not white flour laden. Not sugar laden. I also made a lot of good soups, a lasagna, a turkey, etc. So there's plenty of good, whole foods to eat. Wish me luck. 

CherryBomb's Avatar CherryBomb 11:52 AM 11-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamanda View Post

138.something this morning!

Awesome!! 

Quote:
We have very similar starting stats.  I am 12 weeks into Weight Watchers and just got my 10% body weight lost keyring yesterday. I still remember how discouraged I felt in the beginning at the start with a 6 week old baby and tons of extra weight....but I feel so much better now even though I still have weight to lose. I feel encouraged and confident that I will reach my goal. I sure didn't want to put forth the effort so I just put one foot in front of the other and started tracking my food intake. I really don't exercise yet but I just try to move more, ...which isn't a ton...but I average about 2 lbs loss each week.  I wish you the best in reaching your healthier weight.

Thanks!  And grats on the 10%, that's great!  I've done this before (similar starting weight after dd2, and I lost over 80 pounds after she was born) so I know I can do it, it's just getting going that's hard!  I have a really sluggish metabolism, so I really need to start exercising regularly.  I lost all my weight with Curves last time, but I had to cancel my membership to save money.  I'm hoping to rejoin there or somewhere else when we get our tax return and i have some extra money!

loveneverfails's Avatar loveneverfails 08:55 AM 11-28-2010

Revision for December:  166.6!

It's budging!  The danged scale is budging!  FINALLY!

pacificbliss's Avatar pacificbliss 08:54 PM 11-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificbliss View Post

Happy Thanksgiving!

Moderation ladies, moderation. It is my mantra for the weekend. smile.gif

So much for mantras. I should have heeded my own advice. we went to my parent's place...there were 4 pies for 6 adults. Some of the neighbors came by and had some pie too but all 4 were gone by the time we left on Saturday and I definitely ate my share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandica View Post

I was 139.4 the last two mornings. I just find it so amazing how quickly I can lose weight once I get going. Its the keeping it off part I definitely struggle with. **sigh

My WW weigh in is tonight.. hoping to show a good loss.

Good luck at the weigh in. I just joined WW (online) today :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Mac View Post

Alright guys, accountability needed here. I think I've gained a few pounds. It's been freezing here, so I haven't been weighing naked, and haven't even necessarily been weighing in the morning, but every time I've stepped on the scale in the last week, it's been more like 112-113, vs 110. And remember how I told Spuglyroo to put her baked goods in the freezer? Well, not long after that, I hauled out my pumpkin chocolate bread. I just ate the last slice for breakfast. It's gone now. There's another in the freezer, plus more goodies down there as well.

But I'm not going to touch them. I'm just going to eat good, healthy food. Not butter laden. Not white flour laden. Not sugar laden. I also made a lot of good soups, a lasagna, a turkey, etc. So there's plenty of good, whole foods to eat. Wish me luck. 

I definitely gained a few over Thanksgiving. Hugs. Let's get back to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post

Yay!

I did gain a few over the turkey holiday. I need to get back to it and I need to pay attention to what I put in my mouth SO I joined WeightWatchers online. I am hoping the fact that I m spending money will keep me focused and keep me accountable.

mandica's Avatar mandica 10:28 AM 11-29-2010

138.6 in the morning now. I was 142 at my WW weigh in Thursday... and having a good week so far, despite christmas and birthday parties this weekend. I said no thank you to pizza and lasagna and cheesey bread, and yes to bean salad and veggies! lol it was hard, but the fact that my family was commenting on my weight loss kept me motivated.

maciascl's Avatar maciascl 07:56 PM 11-29-2010

Quote:

138.6 in the morning now. I was 142 at my WW weigh in Thursday... and having a good week so far, despite christmas and birthday parties this weekend. I said no thank you to pizza and lasagna and cheesey bread, and yes to bean salad and veggies! lol it was hard, but the fact that my family was commenting on my weight loss kept me motivated.

That always does it for me. If people notice I feel like it's real so to speak & it makes sticking with it so much easier.

I have had a stomach flu today so between the trips to the bathroom and not eating anything I may have dropped a pound or two duh.gif I really need to get back on track drinking water too. That is my goal this week, feel better & drink enough water...

Amandamanda's Avatar Amandamanda 09:58 AM 11-30-2010

Quote:

Yay!! That is awesome!!

Quote:

How tall are you again? We are very similar as far as weight goes. Plus we had similar starting stats too if I am remembering correctly. Plus we had our babies on the exact same day haha. Anyway, I fluctuate from 138-141 depending on when I weigh myself. Good job sticking with it!

138.5 this morning. I am really sick of this plateau of only losing 2lbs a month. These last 10lbs are KILLING me. Seriously. I had the worst migrane yesterday but I still tried to push through and did 20 mins on the stairmaster. I went a little crazy over the holiday, we had family in town and although I cooked Thanksgiving dinner, so I knew what I was getting, on Friday & Saturday we went out to really nice, expensive restaurants, and since I wasn't the one paying, I decided to just enjoy myself. The food was amazing. My taste buds were like.. why have you been depriving us! So needless to say, I hadn't weighed in since I posted last, on the 24th. So I was pleased to see 138 again this morning. I guess I didn't do too badly after all. I honestly don't think that I will make my goal of 135lbs by Christmas. Not with the way things have been going. It has been slow but steady, with an emphasis on the slow. If this month is like last month, I may be able to get to 136 by January. Oh well. Maybe I will focus on the bigger picture. If I could get down to 130lbs by March 2nd, my sons first birthday, that would be a dream. 3 months to lose 8-9lbs.. Now that seems doable.

mandica's Avatar mandica 10:57 AM 11-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamanda View Post

Quote:

Yay!! That is awesome!!

Quote:

How tall are you again? We are very similar as far as weight goes. Plus we had similar starting stats too if I am remembering correctly. Plus we had our babies on the exact same day haha. Anyway, I fluctuate from 138-141 depending on when I weigh myself. Good job sticking with it!

138.5 this morning. I am really sick of this plateau of only losing 2lbs a month. These last 10lbs are KILLING me. Seriously. I had the worst migrane yesterday but I still tried to push through and did 20 mins on the stairmaster. I went a little crazy over the holiday, we had family in town and although I cooked Thanksgiving dinner, so I knew what I was getting, on Friday & Saturday we went out to really nice, expensive restaurants, and since I wasn't the one paying, I decided to just enjoy myself. The food was amazing. My taste buds were like.. why have you been depriving us! So needless to say, I hadn't weighed in since I posted last, on the 24th. So I was pleased to see 138 again this morning. I guess I didn't do too badly after all. I honestly don't think that I will make my goal of 135lbs by Christmas. Not with the way things have been going. It has been slow but steady, with an emphasis on the slow. If this month is like last month, I may be able to get to 136 by January. Oh well. Maybe I will focus on the bigger picture. If I could get down to 130lbs by March 2nd, my sons first birthday, that would be a dream. 3 months to lose 8-9lbs.. Now that seems doable.

I'm 5'2, what about you? And yes, we have had similar stats all along... (honestly ive been having a friendly competition with you in my head and its been a bit of motivation.. you're welcome to do the same:) )

Well.. the new WW plan is out and though i havent started it yet (starts next week in canada), im super excited... I was thinking amanda.. that doing a month of WW online and learning the new plan might be just want your body needs to push through the plateau...maybe? I must be shorter than you cause i certainly dont feel like im anywhere near 'the last 10 pounds' ... still feel chunky all around.. despite exercising 4-5 days a week for the last month...

CherryBomb's Avatar CherryBomb 11:49 AM 11-30-2010

Well no loss from last week (okay, well -0.2, but that hardly counts!) but no gain, either.  And I didn't hold back a whole lot on Thanksgiving (and left overs!) so I'm okay with that :D

Amandamanda's Avatar Amandamanda 03:52 PM 11-30-2010

Quote:

I'm 5'2, what about you? And yes, we have had similar stats all along... (honestly ive been having a friendly competition with you in my head and its been a bit of motivation.. you're welcome to do the same:) )

Well.. the new WW plan is out and though i havent started it yet (starts next week in canada), im super excited... I was thinking amanda.. that doing a month of WW online and learning the new plan might be just want your body needs to push through the plateau...maybe? I must be shorter than you cause i certainly dont feel like im anywhere near 'the last 10 pounds' ... still feel chunky all around.. despite exercising 4-5 days a week for the last month...

I'm about 5' 4 and half. So I'm about 2 inches or so taller. Pretty close!

loveneverfails's Avatar loveneverfails 07:27 AM 12-01-2010

165.6!!!

Please update!

jess_paez's Avatar jess_paez 05:41 PM 12-04-2010

hey ladies. i know i've been missing....actually found another forum and have been posting there. i am still going strong on weight watchers and weighed in today at 173.8. update please? :)

i am excited to start the new weight watchers points plus plan-my materials should be here soon. i bought them off of ebay. i wanted the books/calculator, but am not up for meetings and online just doesn't feel right for me. our internet connection isn't always the most reliable and i don't have a phone to be able to quickly calculate points out and about. i think we'll start the first of the year, just to get through the holidays. my hubby is doing ww with me, he doesn't have much of a choice with the food options i pick up at the grocery store and i hardly ever buy snacks anymore. he isn't deprived though. ;) he has lost about 11lbs since he started with me in november.

i have a christmas goal weight of 171 and at 173 it looks like i could possibly be there in a week and a half, so i am lowering it to 169. final goal is around 120, i am pretty short, so that's not too low for someone my height. i can't wait to get below 159 though, as the last time i saw that number i was 17!

First ... 2  3  4

Up