Mothering Forum banner

Postpartum Weight Loss- November!

4K views 106 replies 21 participants last post by  jess_paez 
#1 ·
So I can hardly believe it is already NOVEMBER! This is a special month for our thread, as it is has been 6 whole months since we started our monthly thread, we sure have come a long way! I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us!

We've gotten a lot of new ladies this month, lets all help keep each other accountable as we reach our goals! We love to see progress pictures, so don't be afraid to share, this is a no judgment zone!

This is our official accountability thread!
If you want to be added to the roll, let me know your info and I will get you listed. And of course, let me know any changes you want made to your listing by posting in bold. We want to share your success with you!
If you have any links to tips, recipes or exercise you want to share, I will post that too.

Original Thread
Link to last month's thread.

Current Hot Mama's-
Amandamanda- Current Weight- 140lbs, Goal Weight- 135lbs, Total Lost- 60lbs!
Nola79- Current Weight- 134lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost- 41lbs!
AnnieMac- Current Weight- 110.5lbs, Goal Weight- 100lbs, Total Lost- 31lbs!
Kitteh- Current Weight- 127lbs, Goal Weight- 116lbs, Total Lost- 27lbs!
Mandica- Current Weight- 143lbs, Goal Weight- 134lbs, Total Lost-60lbs!
Pacificbliss- Current Weight- 184lbs, Goal Weight- 175lbs, Total Lost- 10lbs!
Carley- Current Weight- 130lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost- 26lbs!
Mamacatsbaby-Current Weight- 185lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost- 10lbs!
SpuglyRoo- Current Weight- 139.5lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 43lbs!
Tracymom1- Current Weight- 127lbs, Goal Weight- 115lbs, Total Lost- 23lbs!
Lovemore- Current Weight- 124lbs, Goal Weight- 115lbs, Total Lost-31lbs!
Decafmom-Current Weight- 122lbs, Goal Weight- 110lbs, Total Lost- 29.5lbs!
Loveneverfails-Current Weight- 167.6lbs, Goal Weight- 160lbs, Total Lost-5lbs!
Hannah32- Current Weight- 178lbs, Goal Weight- 150lbs, Total Lost- 27lbs!
Sosurreal09- Current Weight- 163.3lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost- 75lbs!
Fruitful4him- Current Weight- 199lbs, Goal Weight- 160lbs, Total Lost- 48lbs!
P.J.- Current Weight- 155lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 22lbs!
Sunsetdancer- Current Weight- 233lbs, Goal Weight- 153lbs, Total Lost-
JAntoinette- Current Weight- 145lbs, Goal Weight- 132lbs, Total Lost-
Theoldmommers- Current Weight- 129lbs, Goal Weight- 115lbs, Total Lost- 38lbs!
Ihugtrees- Current Weight- 165lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost-
Gobecgo- Current Weight- 211lbs, Goal Weight- 175lbs, Total Lost- 20lbs!
Geigerin- Current Weight- 208lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost-
Mammab21- Current Weight- 160lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost-
MamitaM- Current Weight- 128lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 32lbs!
Jess_paez- Current Weight- 181lbs, Goal Weight- 150lbs, Total Lost- 23lbs!
Maciascl- Current Weight- 168.5lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 5lbs!
Aphel- Current Weight- 165lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost- 5lbs!
RaeRae91-Current Weight- 145lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost- 28lbs!
OneWithTwo- Current Weight- 200lbs, Goal Weight- 150lbs, Total Lost-
Chloe'sMama- Current Weight- 145lbs, Goal Weight- 135lbs, Total Lost- 20lbs!
Amy@STL- Current Weight-184lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost-
CherryBomb- Current Weight- 238lbs, Goal Weight- 175lbs, Total Lost- 27lbs!

See less See more
#77 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveneverfails View Post

Nola79, I get that too sometimes, and what helps me is either chewing gum or making a large pot of tea for myself.

And down to 167.6 over here. Something definitely changed for me to be dropping like this, and I LIKE it!
I'll have to try out your tips, thanks!

Congrats on the loss.

#78 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitful4Him View Post

199 on the dot this morning...ONEDERLAND!!!! I know it is a mental thing but goal seems so much closer now, lol...
YAY!!! CONGRATS!!!

Quote:

I have zero clue what changed because my diet hasn't, but I've dropped into the 168s. My official weigh in is at 168.4. I am starting to suspect thyroid stuff may have been in play for a couple of months but that it has since resolved. But 170 is a plateau that I tend to have one heck of a time breaking through, so I am so so so happy that I seem to be dropping now. YES!
Awesome job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola79 View Post

Ughh...some days (most days) I feel like I just CANNOT control my eating. WTH?? Really, I just ate 8 chinese dumplings.....at 10:00 at night. What is it about nighttime that makes one want to pig out? I do fine during the day. It's not that I don't eat enough and need the calories, believe me. I eat a large breakfast, regular lunch, snacks, and yet every night I deal with the munchies. It' almost a compulsion, like I just can't go to bed without eating.
irked.gif
Right there with ya friend. I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins yesterday afternoon. It made 24 muffins, and I had SIX of them. four of those six were after dinner. Luckily they were only around 120 calories per muffin, but still jeez, that is 720 extra calories that I did not need.

Weighed in at 139.1 this morning. My body is fighting these last 5-10lbs to the extreme. I'm quite pleased with 139, but the fact that on Halloween I weighed in at 139.6 is pretty depressing. I seem to be hovering around 139-141. It keeps going back and forth. I just want to break through this plateau, lose the last little bit of weight and go into maintenance. Especially since I think that is what my body is trying to do on its own. I would like to be at 130 and then let myself hover around 130-135. DEAR BODY, 140lbs is not time to plateau. LOVE, AMANDA.

#79 ·
I'm actually doing really well lately. I've had two official ww weigh ins and already received my 5lb star!! (they give you stickers! yay) I lost 3.5 lbs last week! Very Surprising! But I got to the gym 4 times and stuck to my plan...

Now, half way through this week I feel like I've lost another lb or so.

The weighing in at night thing is very different to me. I'm used to weighing first thing in the morning... and If I was counting that weigh in still, I would have made it to my goal (on this thread) this morning, basically. As I was 140.6 today.

Amanda Can you update my weight to 143 and change my goal to 134?

I keep hearing that motto 'nothing tastes as good as thin feels' lately. Perhaps its true, but I am craving junk food still -- lol.

#80 ·
I am going back to racking what I eat on FitDay. I was trying to do this without "dieting" but yesterday after lunch on a whim I went to FitDay and entered what I had eaten so far that day...turns out I mindlessly ate about 2000 calories. Ouch. I kept thinking of something I snacked on and had to put it in. I was so disgusted. I ate all the Triscuits in the house so maybe today will be better. No more triscuits shall enter here. LOL

#81 ·
Quote:

Ughh...some days (most days) I feel like I just CANNOT control my eating. WTH?? Really, I just ate 8 chinese dumplings.....at 10:00 at night. What is it about nighttime that makes one want to pig out? I do fine during the day. It's not that I don't eat enough and need the calories, believe me. I eat a large breakfast, regular lunch, snacks, and yet every night I deal with the munchies. It' almost a compulsion, like I just can't go to bed without eating.
irked.gif
I have a really hard time with this! I'm very bad at night eating. I'll eat well all day, good amount of calories and everything, then the kids go to bed and I CAN'T STOP EATING! I'm not even hungry!

Anyway, my LO is 6 weeks old so it's time to join this thread, I think! Currently at 238
crap.gif
My goal at the moment is 175. I've lost 27 pounds since he was born with no effort, but now I'm stuck hovering between 238 and 240. SO, time to start counting calories with fitday and I'm finally healed enough from the c/s to start using the wii (if my kids would let me, lol! I did sneak 12 minutes in this morning).

#82 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post

Quote:

irked.gif
I have a really hard time with this! I'm very bad at night eating. I'll eat well all day, good amount of calories and everything, then the kids go to bed and I CAN'T STOP EATING! I'm not even hungry!

Anyway, my LO is 6 weeks old so it's time to join this thread, I think! Currently at 238
crap.gif
My goal at the moment is 175. I've lost 27 pounds since he was born with no effort, but now I'm stuck hovering between 238 and 240. SO, time to start counting calories with fitday and I'm finally healed enough from the c/s to start using the wii (if my kids would let me, lol! I did sneak 12 minutes in this morning).
CHERRYBOMB! I remember you from our March 2008 ddc! Right? Is that you?

Oh and WELCOME!

#83 ·
Everyone- I updated all the stats on the first post- Let me know if I missed yours and I will take care of it.

and.. please start posting your stats for.. DECEMBER. Really? Did I seriously just say that? Could December really be one week from tomorrow?

#84 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificbliss View Post

I am going back to racking what I eat on FitDay. I was trying to do this without "dieting" but yesterday after lunch on a whim I went to FitDay and entered what I had eaten so far that day...turns out I mindlessly ate about 2000 calories. Ouch. I kept thinking of something I snacked on and had to put it in. I was so disgusted. I ate all the Triscuits in the house so maybe today will be better. No more triscuits shall enter here. LOL
mmm triscuits ... I wonder how many calories I must have been eating daily when I gained 8 pounds over 8 weeks. While breastfeeding! Yikes.

#85 ·
My weight keeps jumping back and forth between 171-168 and I always weigh 1st thing in the morning before I eat or drink anything, so I don't know what is going on. I am increadably stressed right now so that may be part of it. I also think it is going up when I don't drink the water I should. I have yet to start exercising but I am still trying to take about 15 min or so each evening to stretch. I am eating pretty well I guess. My family doesn't like alot of the yummy vegetables I do, so I have been eating them for lunch. Today I ate about a pound of roasted brussel sprouts. YUM! My milk supply has ben out of control lately. Maybe I am crazy, but I am concidering pumping and donating the milk to help burn extra calories. Plus then I'd be helping someone elses baby get breastmilk, right?

#86 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuglyRoo View Post

Ugh, not doing well here. I haven't weighed in almost 2 weeks. I'm hitting a bit of a slump I suppose. I know I said that my goal for the next two months is to just refrain from gaining any weight, but I'm not sure if that's going to happen at this rate. I'm losing momentum and motivation. I feel fat, I feel roly-poly, I feel mushy. I shouldn't because I'm finally back in pre-pregnancy clothes and packed all the maternity stuff into the attic yesterday, but still, it's how I feel. I think that my newly started blog isn't helping matters, I've been indulging in my love of baking. I try to time it so that we will have company to foist it off on, but since my brothers haven't come the past two Fridays for game night it has been all for me and DH. I don't want to exercise and I don't want to eat healthy. I just want to sit and veg and snack. It doesn't help that DH has been off for a few days, I seem to really slack of and relax when he is home. Nor does the fact that the kids and I were all sick last week and are still recovering. I'm hitting winter hibernation mode and WINTER ISN'T EVEN HERE YET! I don't know how I will make it until spring, ugh.

Actually, now that I wrote it all down, I feel a bit better.
shy.gif
thanks for listening to the rant.
Spugly, do yo have a freezer? I love cooking and baking too, and we are going through a severe cold snap right now, so in an effort to keep busy & keep the house warm I've been cooking/baking up a storm. I wait for it to cool down, put in in freezer containers, and off it goes into the deep freeze. If I can't see it, I won't eat it. If I have to defrost it first, I won't eat it.

Quote:

irked.gif
Yeah, what's up with that? The baby wouldn't sleep last night, so *I* ate two bowls of cereal. I used to only allow myself grapefruits after a certain time of night, but now, my willpower (and my desire for grapefruit) has faded. I like the pot of tea (it will have to be non-caf though) idea.

As for me and my weight, just holding here. 110. Ish. :)

#87 ·
No weight loss this week. Not a surprise really. I've kind of taken a bit of a break. It's such a struggle to get through the day with the lack of sleep. DD still waking 4x a night, then DH wakes me up with his snoring, then I go downstairs to sleep on the sofa. So last night I got 2hrs (feed) 1hr (snoring) 1hr (feed) 2hrs (feed). Now I've got to go get the turkey and start making some of the dishes for tomorrow. I know all I do is whine these days. We are going to do some gentle sleep training in a couple of weeks before I break down completely. Hopefully I'll be able to get back on track then without having suffered to much gain.

#89 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb View Post

Quote:

irked.gif

crap.gif
We have very similar starting stats. I am 12 weeks into Weight Watchers and just got my 10% body weight lost keyring yesterday. I still remember how discouraged I felt in the beginning at the start with a 6 week old baby and tons of extra weight....but I feel so much better now even though I still have weight to lose. I feel encouraged and confident that I will reach my goal. I sure didn't want to put forth the effort so I just put one foot in front of the other and started tracking my food intake. I really don't exercise yet but I just try to move more, ...which isn't a ton...but I average about 2 lbs loss each week. I wish you the best in reaching your healthier weight.

#92 ·
Hey everyone! I weighed this morning at 222.8. It's falling off a loooot slower this time!

#95 ·
167.4 for December! I tend to not go nutty over holidays, so I'll be interested to see what comes this week weight wise.

#96 ·
Alright guys, accountability needed here. I think I've gained a few pounds. It's been freezing here, so I haven't been weighing naked, and haven't even necessarily been weighing in the morning, but every time I've stepped on the scale in the last week, it's been more like 112-113, vs 110. And remember how I told Spuglyroo to put her baked goods in the freezer? Well, not long after that, I hauled out my pumpkin chocolate bread. I just ate the last slice for breakfast. It's gone now. There's another in the freezer, plus more goodies down there as well.

But I'm not going to touch them. I'm just going to eat good, healthy food. Not butter laden. Not white flour laden. Not sugar laden. I also made a lot of good soups, a lasagna, a turkey, etc. So there's plenty of good, whole foods to eat. Wish me luck.

#97 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamanda View Post

138.something this morning!
Awesome!!

Quote:
We have very similar starting stats. I am 12 weeks into Weight Watchers and just got my 10% body weight lost keyring yesterday. I still remember how discouraged I felt in the beginning at the start with a 6 week old baby and tons of extra weight....but I feel so much better now even though I still have weight to lose. I feel encouraged and confident that I will reach my goal. I sure didn't want to put forth the effort so I just put one foot in front of the other and started tracking my food intake. I really don't exercise yet but I just try to move more, ...which isn't a ton...but I average about 2 lbs loss each week. I wish you the best in reaching your healthier weight.
Thanks! And grats on the 10%, that's great! I've done this before (similar starting weight after dd2, and I lost over 80 pounds after she was born) so I know I can do it, it's just getting going that's hard! I have a really sluggish metabolism, so I really need to start exercising regularly. I lost all my weight with Curves last time, but I had to cancel my membership to save money. I'm hoping to rejoin there or somewhere else when we get our tax return and i have some extra money!

#98 ·
Revision for December: 166.6!

It's budging! The danged scale is budging! FINALLY!

#99 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificbliss View Post

Happy Thanksgiving!

Moderation ladies, moderation. It is my mantra for the weekend.
smile.gif
So much for mantras. I should have heeded my own advice. we went to my parent's place...there were 4 pies for 6 adults. Some of the neighbors came by and had some pie too but all 4 were gone by the time we left on Saturday and I definitely ate my share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandica View Post

I was 139.4 the last two mornings. I just find it so amazing how quickly I can lose weight once I get going. Its the keeping it off part I definitely struggle with. **sigh

My WW weigh in is tonight.. hoping to show a good loss.
Good luck at the weigh in. I just joined WW (online) today :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Mac View Post

Alright guys, accountability needed here. I think I've gained a few pounds. It's been freezing here, so I haven't been weighing naked, and haven't even necessarily been weighing in the morning, but every time I've stepped on the scale in the last week, it's been more like 112-113, vs 110. And remember how I told Spuglyroo to put her baked goods in the freezer? Well, not long after that, I hauled out my pumpkin chocolate bread. I just ate the last slice for breakfast. It's gone now. There's another in the freezer, plus more goodies down there as well.

But I'm not going to touch them. I'm just going to eat good, healthy food. Not butter laden. Not white flour laden. Not sugar laden. I also made a lot of good soups, a lasagna, a turkey, etc. So there's plenty of good, whole foods to eat. Wish me luck.
I definitely gained a few over Thanksgiving. Hugs. Let's get back to it.

Quote:

Revision for December: 166.6!

It's budging! The danged scale is budging! FINALLY!
Yay!

I did gain a few over the turkey holiday. I need to get back to it and I need to pay attention to what I put in my mouth SO I joined WeightWatchers online. I am hoping the fact that I m spending money will keep me focused and keep me accountable.

#100 ·
138.6 in the morning now. I was 142 at my WW weigh in Thursday... and having a good week so far, despite christmas and birthday parties this weekend. I said no thank you to pizza and lasagna and cheesey bread, and yes to bean salad and veggies! lol it was hard, but the fact that my family was commenting on my weight loss kept me motivated.

#101 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandica View Post

138.6 in the morning now. I was 142 at my WW weigh in Thursday... and having a good week so far, despite christmas and birthday parties this weekend. I said no thank you to pizza and lasagna and cheesey bread, and yes to bean salad and veggies! lol it was hard, but the fact that my family was commenting on my weight loss kept me motivated.
That always does it for me. If people notice I feel like it's real so to speak & it makes sticking with it so much easier.

I have had a stomach flu today so between the trips to the bathroom and not eating anything I may have dropped a pound or two
duh.gif
I really need to get back on track drinking water too. That is my goal this week, feel better & drink enough water...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.