Mothering Forum banner

Dingos Trotting after Turkeys...November Running Mamas Thread

18K views 614 replies 39 participants last post by  JayGee 
#1 ·
Here's the new thread!

See less See more
#502 ·
mommajb~I think they really are that hard. I wish we could still type them in! It's such a pain to put them up now.

sparkle~When I was in PT for my hip a couple of years ago, my PT had to "fix" my hips/pelvis pretty much every time until we had worked enough on my core strength that my body could hold itself in the proper position between visits.

To the rest of you~
blowkiss.gif
I am thankful to have all of you in my life. I haven't been doing a very good job of keeping up lately, but it's just comforting to know that you are all right here when I do have a spare minute to make it back to the cafe to catch up!

DS and I did a frigid 5k this morning! It was 12 degrees when we got to the race site!
cold.gif
It did warm up pretty well once the sun got up higher, at least. I made DS wear his clothes over his footie pj's since we don't have any long underwear for him.
pinktongue.gif
Bundled him up in the stroller with multiple blankets, and he was a-ok in there. I ran 31:23, which was a little disappointing, but given a) the crowds, b) the giant hills, and c) the stroller and the fact that I had to deal with both the crowds and giant hills while pushing the stroller, I'm ok with it! 10 minute pace, even. I was hoping for a little closer to the 9:09 pace I ran last month, but that race was flat as a pancake and had zero crowds, so there you go. My first mile was 10:41, I think, so that tells you how crowded it was...I had a really hard time maneuvering around people. I even clipped a lady who decided to cut in front of me and slow down at the same time and I couldn't slam on the brakes to avoid hitting her. Oh well, I don't really consider that one my fault! It was fun, and I had a few friends there, so that's all that counts! And then DS did the kids race. He did great! He actually kind of took off like a bat out of hell, and then died at the end.
orngbiggrin.gif

We are going to my friend's house for Thanksgiving, so I have pumpkin bread pudding in the oven (made the pumpkin bread and the sauces for it yesterday). I need to shower and then put together a quick appetizer, and we'll be off!

Happy Thanksgiving, Dingos!
luxlove.gif

#503 ·
I'm so jealous of all of you doing turkey trots today! My mom and dad and grandmother drove to our place in Massachusetts from Rhode Island and they were afraid they wouldn't make it, since they got stuck behind a hundred or so runners at Newport Beach.
run.gif
Maybe next year I'll get out there for a run. Probably not for an actual race, though, since I'm on turkey duty.

Thanks to everyone who had advice about my sinus infection. I've been using a neti pot after all of you advised me to buy one last year when I was having this same problem. I had been using it, but then my sinuses got so blocked that nothing was getting through; all of the liquid was going down my throat and I was gagging and choking. Ick. I'll have to keep garlic and rosemary EO and extra honey on hand for the next time I get sick. This time, unfortunately, I was on a time limit and decided to go the medical route--amoxicillin allowed me to be upright and communicative today, rather than near-comatose like the past few days. Maybe tonight I'll even sleep flat in my bed, instead of sitting up in a living-room chair.

Now everyone except my FIL is gone, full of turkey and pie. I have a fridge so packed with leftovers, I have no tupperware left. And I'm still sick enough that I didn't have much of an appetite, so for once I didn't overeat and don't feel like my stomach is going to explode. Silver linings are what I'm all about.
sick.gif

I hope everyone else had a satisfactory day, and I hope to join you back out on the roads again sometime this week! I'm so thankful I found this group and that you've all been so welcoming to me over the past couple of years! I wouldn't identify so much as a runner if not for the support and inspiration of all of you ladies.

#504 ·
Happy Thanksgiving, dingo sisters.
wave.gif

We've had a pretty mellow day here - I decided to forego the organized run I'd considered, but got a very nice 6m in on my own - the longest I've run since my bad half in Sept. So that felt great. We did the whole turkey extravaganza and dh is now napping on the couch, MIL went out for a smoke, and I'm kinda grading papers. Contemplating a little Black Friday shopping, but mostly just trying to decompress after a long period of stress.

Ds decided to join dh in ushering for church last night - very funny. He got a little out of control with the bulletins, but did quite well with the collection plates. No communion as it was an ecumenical service, which is probably good, as both of my kids are drama-prone with communion. (Dropped wafers, spilled juice, loud sotto-voice whispers and commentary ... it's hilarious but also mortifying.)

I have one funny running story from yesterday that I meant to share - as I was walking back up the hill to my house, post-run, in fleece tights and a tech top and a random ugly wool hat, the guy driving the garbage truck slowed down to catcall me.
lol.gif
I mean, dude... I look like a sweaty, unshowered, post-run mama ... you're not exactly driving the sweetest ride in town ... and your co-workers are right! there! What possible good outcome are you hoping for here? It made me laugh.

Reactions: loftmama
#505 ·
penelope -
lol.gif
In college, my girlfriend and I used to like to summon a good gnarly loogy from deep in our chests, bring it up into the back of the throat (with lots of noise for dramatic effect) and then huck it onto the sidewalk whenever we got cat called.... or to blow a snot ...

.... unless the guy was cute
winky.gif

#506 ·
Penelope, you Never.Fail.To.Crack.Me.UP! I'd like to be a fly on your wall. Love the description.

Enjoyed a wonderful family run/bike ride today with niece and nephew along. It was good to all be out together. We are enjoying the quietest Thanksgiving on record, I'm sure. We alternate families and it's alwasy a huge shindig. This year is my family's turn and we couldn't make it due to car problems. Though I was sad, I find myself feeling so blessed to get a day to just be. Ironically, every bit of traditional Thanksgiving food was cooked, the house was clean, and I felt no stresss about any of it. The absence of stress, chaotic craziness feels so unusual it's a bit disconcerting. In spite of all the cleaning and cooking, we found an hour to exercise. I planted a dozen bulbs of onion. I played Words With Friends a lot. After dinner and dessert and dishes, we watched "The Walton's Thanksgiving." We gave the dog a very thorough washing, scrubbing, drying, cleaning. Then for the heck of it, I decided to do a load of laundry. I'm wondering why T'giving has to be hectic at all.

I know, I know, I know it's Thanksgiving and I am to be grateful but can I just for a second say how frustrating, absolutely frustrating it is to not have a mobile option anymore? Since about 3 pm, I have been trying to post comments. The old mobile option allowed me to stay connected to you all and this is making me grind my teeth. Aaargh!

But, now, I will say how thankful I am for you all. I am so grateful for all of you, for your inspiration, your stories, your comraderie, your sense of community and belonging.

JenLove, thanks for the Reiki. I am pondering your question.

Congratulations to all the Turker Trotters - especially the Dingolets who ran.

I have so much more to say but by the time I actually get a box in which I can reply, I forget. I am thinking of you. :love

#507 ·
It was a lovely Thanksgiving. My parents were well behaved, and my brother even showed up! I had planned a 3 mile run, and was texting my friend about it, and she decided she wanted to go! She has been injured and in PT for a nagging hamstring tendonitis. Between her injury and mine, we haven't run together since March. It was so very nice to get a couple of miles in with her. We went very slow, as the weather was cold and damp which is a recipe for asthma and bronchitis for her, not to mention the hamstring. By the time we got back to her house, I was at 3.1 miles, with .6 to go. So, I went a little further, and made it 4 miles. So, I'm calling that my long run, and will do 3 on Saturday instead!

Now, I'm going to be heading to Toys R Us to find a birthday present for my little Abby, who will be turning 5 on Sunday! I think I'm going to get her a Razor scooter.

#508 ·
Hello Dingos!

Loftmama, before I forget for the umpteenth time, tour long hair ROCKS!! You look absolutely amazingly beautiful.

Thanksgiving, this was the first year in 10 yrs that I didn't cook dinner, we decided to go to my BILs. Ends up that ds3 developed croup in the night which I didn't want to give to any younger kids, in addition to ds1 woke up crying in pain with stomach pain and ds2 has constant cough with phlegm. Dh has had cold a month ago with a cough that just keeps hanging on. I'm taming vitamin C, multivitamin, and sanitizing like crazy.

RR: Trying to decide on exercise today....

Putting up tree & decorations today and kids very excited.

Much love to you ladies!

BEC- did you see I registered forthe mini? Now to find a training plan & some deals on winter gear that won't send the trash men into a frenzy.
smile.gif

#509 ·
Can we talk gifts for the 8 year old girls in our group? MIL wants ideas for dd1 and I truly have none ...(I actually dislike Christmas for the necessity to buy things for people who need NOTHING). She does most of the things most 8 year old girls on this thread do I think (she's a tomboy...) but she already has $ on a giftcard at the bookstore, and a pile of books next to her bed she's working through now, she likes crafts (and I think I will get her a form drawing instruction book and some good paper and charcoal pencils for learning some sketching skills) but has a lot of those in reserve too. See what I mean? She has a subscription to Cricket ... plenty of clothes ...

#510 ·
Amazon: $130 for Garmin 305. I took a page from the kerc playbook and informed DH what he was getting me, how he was going to get it, and when he needed to purchase. I've been fighting the urge to get one, but I do actually think I'll use it in a manner distinct from the good ol' stop watch and gmap-pedometer I've been doing.

I also have a huge amount of running to do to make my second goal for 2010, which was 750 miles. (First was done in April with a sub 27 minute 5k).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkletruck View Post

Can we talk gifts for the 8 year old girls in our group? MIL wants ideas for dd1 and I truly have none ...(I actually dislike Christmas for the necessity to buy things for people who need NOTHING). She does most of the things most 8 year old girls on this thread do I think (she's a tomboy...) but she already has $ on a giftcard at the bookstore, and a pile of books next to her bed she's working through now, she likes crafts (and I think I will get her a form drawing instruction book and some good paper and charcoal pencils for learning some sketching skills) but has a lot of those in reserve too. See what I mean? She has a subscription to Cricket ... plenty of clothes ...
DD's list (self + mom constructed)

Trivial Pursuit family

D'Aulaires' Greek myths

The Disappearing spoon (book)

Family tickets to a musical (gift to our family from my mom)

Winter soccer clinic ($150
yikes.gif
)

CDs of flute music (starting lessons in January)

grapefruit spoons (don't ask...)

Zoombeanis computer game

Books (Guardians of Ga'hoole especially)

"a flying remote control fairy"

DD has a subscription to Dig! which is a good complement to Cricket

Actually, pulling lists together for K this year has been easier than in the past. DS (5 years, just had a birthday where my MIL bought his whole b=day+Christmas list) is a real problem now.

#511 ·
Had a great Thanksgiving here, so much to be thankful for! This time last year DH was in the middle of 14 month unemployment stint. Has an amazing 7 mile run on Wed and did a 5k turkey trot with a dd her bff and bffs mom who is my pal. We ran walked as she is not a runner but I did not feel bad about that since I had a long run in.

We are going for a hike today and then off to see the Lion King tonight!

I really want to savor this happy time as we all know life is so full of twist and turns.

#512 ·
Modmom! So true! You just never know what's around the bend. I've been feeling this way for a long time now, like the good times just can't last so I need to savor savor savor to have something to look back on when it's hard. Sounds worse than it is.

Happy Thanksgiving Dingos! I was thinking of each of you yesterday, I tried to get caught up on the thread and then didn't have time to type but you were in my heart. We had to skip the Turkey Trot this year because it was snowing a really wet snow and Alison doesn't have any good snow gear yet. This early winter caught us a bit off-guard! Anyway, we did go out to play in the snow, made 4 life sized snow people to do a card photo but then didn't take the photo in time because we were all wet and then it rained and they all got washed away. :( It's okay, it was fun and the rain did such a good job of washing away snow that it doesn't have that depressing slushy thing happening.

Penelope - Lol

Xmas lists - This is my 9 year old's: 1 new backpack (with 2 straps), Titanic trivia game, some leggings, some more chapter books.

I can handle that. She also helped Alison write a list which was also very short and sweet. I think Ali wants a teddy bear from Santa which will be especially easy since Santa visits town every year and gives each child a teddy bear right then and there.

I'm trying to siphon motivation off of y'all to get my a$$ in gear! I have 9 weeks I think before that 25 k trail race and I'm not nearly fit enough right now. If I really train hard I might be able to squeak by without an injury but if I slack at all (like I've been doing) it will probably kill me. Help! I even had Hal Higdon's half plan open on my screen all week so that I could start following it (from week 3) and I made it all of 1 run. I'm heading out this morning after I have coffee. It's like my exercise compass is out of whack.

I just told the girls that if they play outside for an hour I'll consider taking them to a matinee of Tangled. So I'd better get off my own butt and get out there.

I'm sorry about stingy personals today. You're all with me.

#514 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofizz View Post

D'Aulaires' Greek myths
OMG, yes. Although, if my unscientific poll of second-year Greek classmates is any indication, you run the risk of making her a classicist.
thumb.gif

My 9yo also likes things like going to the movies as a special outing, and memberships to places like the local museums, nature centers, etc.

#515 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofizz View Post

Amazon: $130 for Garmin 305. I took a page from the kerc playbook and informed DH what he was getting me, how he was going to get it, and when he needed to purchase. I've been fighting the urge to get one, but I do actually think I'll use it in a manner distinct from the good ol' stop watch and gmap-pedometer I've been doing.

I also have a huge amount of running to do to make my second goal for 2010, which was 750 miles. (First was done in April with a sub 27 minute 5k).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkletruck View Post

DD's list (self + mom constructed)

Trivial Pursuit family

D'Aulaires' Greek myths

The Disappearing spoon (book)

Family tickets to a musical (gift to our family from my mom)

Winter soccer clinic ($150
yikes.gif
)

CDs of flute music (starting lessons in January)

grapefruit spoons (don't ask...)

Zoombeanis computer game

Books (Guardians of Ga'hoole especially)

"a flying remote control fairy"

DD has a subscription to Dig! which is a good complement to Cricket

Actually, pulling lists together for K this year has been easier than in the past. DS (5 years, just had a birthday where my MIL bought his whole b=day+Christmas list) is a real problem now.
Yes to just about everything! We LOVE the D'Aulaires' Greek Myths. My son had also asked for grapefruit spoons for about a year so I bought 4 this summer. The boys LOVE them and I am alleviated from some of that grapefruit cutting. Never heard of Zoombeanis.

I am also taking a pace from Kerc and Lala and deciding exactly what I want, when and how to purchase, etc. My list is so boring, though There's the 3+years of lists of things like: Vita Mix, Dehydrator, Berkey water filter. Then there's the Covet List: Lululemon yoga clothes, new tent. Oh and then there's the "my big idea" gift such as ski trip or dive trip or opera trip. I usually don't decide anything, get nothing and then get pis$y, so I need to "Know Thyself" as Socrates said and take myself seriously.

I am SORE from my run yesterday. How humbling!! It's such a good sore, though. Last night, I did some yoga before going to bed so when I woke up this morning I thought I was sore from yoga. I had to think a bit to remember that I actually ran! :bigeyes

Hey, thanks for the compliment RM! Funny how that works when you only get your hair cut about twice a year. :lol

#516 ·
I like the idea of the greek myths. I also just looked at the university performing arts center for what's on the schedule. CATS is coming in June - Ive never seen it. Is 8 too young? It could be a present from mom for me and her... I asked her to make a list; she couldnt think of one thing she wants. Either she's spoiled, or she has internalized our simple life (a neighbor came over once and saw dd1's room and said "she doesnt have any toys" ... b/c this friends ds of the same age has shelves lined with leggos and action figures .... Shrug. We're also maybe getting her a bike computer - a simple one, and maybe a climbing harnass. That sounds good; myths, harnass, performance, drawing book... MIL likes ot get something the kids can play with when they open it though - eyeroll - so what am I going to tell her to get, hmmm....

#517 ·
I don't think 8 is too young. It's pretty cool. I took my son when he was just a babe (3ish) and he slept in my arms mostly. I noticed plenty of families with young children there. It would be fun to prep with the book first and the recording readings are especially awesome.

#518 ·
Happy the day after Thanksgiving!

Had a truly lovely day yesterday. Right after I post here, I went to the hospital, to greet my still-smiling labor client. I've known her literally since I've lived here (in fact, met her while I was interviewing for the job here) and she has worked with most of the nurses at the hospital as well. It was great to have a labor on the holiday - it was just 2 experienced nurses working, both knew my client well and were thrilled to get to take care of her, and there were no trainees (we're currently training 3 new nurses, which is also fun, but more work, and more explaining, and more having to stay on my toes and check everything they do.) This way, she could just labor and we could just support her. She'd had an exam on admission by the nurse (3-4 cms) and was just feeling like contractions were kicking in to gear. She quickly decided to get in the tub, and we filled it for her and she was soon soaking on her side in her bikini top with a jacuzzi jet on her back, and still smiling between contractions. We set up the room, and then I sat in the bathroom starting her charting and chatting with her. The nurse came in and checked heart tones a couple times, and otherwise things were pretty quiet. Very shortly after getting in the tub, contractions really picked up to every 2 minutes, and she felt the tub really helped relieve some pressure. Within half hour or so, contractions were very intense, and she'd moan low with them - but she was still smiling and chatting in between. I was writing her history and physical when she suddenly gasped out "pushing!" in the middle of a contraction. One nurse had just come in the room, and she went and got the other, and we asked the client if she wanted to try to get out (we don't do intentional water births, but no way was I going to force her out if she felt like staying) and she said she wanted to get out (our tubs are actually kind of small and most folks due seem to feel too closed in there at the very end.) We helped her out, and dried her off, and made very slow progress back to the bed, stopping to squat for each contraction. I love my nurses, because they don't bat an eye at this, just drop down on the floor with the client for each contraction, and hand me a towel to catch in case it becomes necessary on the way! We made it to the bed, though, and she climbed on and stayed on her knees. She pushed through one contraction that way, but said it was way too much pressure, so lay down instead on her left side. Her very sweet dh sat holding her hands and brushing her hair off her face. In 2 contractions, baby crowned and was gently born into my hands - and mom and dad quickly called out "Oh, it's a boy!" (they didn't know ahead of time) and we scooped him up to mom's arms. She still had her wet bikini top on, and she was briefly worried the baby would get cold, but we told her we'd turn up the heat and cover him up well, and he was obviously not the least bothered - he snuffled a bit, but never really cried. Her mom and 12 year old dd came in just then, and were thrilled to see the baby so soon. (Her water broke at home at 5 am, and labor started shortly after, and baby was born at 7:49.) Baby was gorgeous - tons of dark hair, dark eyes, and very calm. He went to breast quickly and stayed there while the placenta was born, and the other kids arrived (11 year old girl and 3 year old boy who were with the other grandma - the 11 year old had decided she didn't want to be there when the baby was born.)

It was a perfect way to start Thanksgiving, with a lovely family and new baby.

The rest of Thanksgiving was great here, too. I cooked with the kids all morning and early afternoon, and my daughters did the table up beautifully together (it was lovely to hear the 15 year old helping the 7 year old, and teaching her how to do a place setting and fold beautiful napkins.) My oldest ds and his fiancee came, and later in the day, for dessert, his high school best friend stopped by as well. It was a wonderful day of being together, and enjoying company, and great food. While I was quickly throwing some dishes in the dishwasher before we did dessert, I was overwhelmed almost to tears at how content I felt, to have people around me I love, to have a happy life, and to have been to such a joyous birth to start the day.

This morning, I slept until 10! I did the rest of the dishes and then hopped on the treadmill to do my belated turkey trot (in my brand new dingo shirt which fits perfectly and feels great!.) Now off to shower, go see the mom and baby, and then put up our Christmas decorations!

#519 ·
Kids at musicals: listen to the music several times before going and read a synopsis of the plot. It makes the performance much more enjoyable, and easier to sit through the slow parts. Also, we find that musicals especially will leave quite a bit implied, which can be hard for kids to fill in. Once I figure out what we're getting from the grandparents for a performance gift, I'll get the CD of the music for DS.

Must get out running. Suddenly a 25F wimp.

#520 ·
DrJen - I love your stories, thank you!

Geo what is Zoombeanis computer game?

I got 12 on the menu for tomorrow and 21 on Sunday.

It's been a nice few days at home. Dh has had the week off. He laid down for a nap today and I built a fire while he was sleeping. I love having a fire. Tomorrow after the run is an easy afternoon, I'll get dd out for a walk around town and the library. I cut out patterns today for a jedi robe for ds and an AG doll dress for dd. I have two more I want to cut out for her if I'm not too ambitious. I think the actual construction will be okay, not too time consuming (pleeease let me not be challenging the sewing gods on this one!).

But I'm still irritable and out of sorts. It feels hormonal. I think I've started that peri-menopause stuff and the weird thing is my cycles feel so much more intense and even more painful, like when I was a teenager. I think that's the irritabilty too. My mom went through menopause extremely young, so although I'm "only" 40, this is probably it...although I still cycle close to 28 days, just lots of hot flashes and waaay more emotional/painful periods. Running has been helping, but I seem way more sensitive to when I don't get a run. I wonder if that's the mileage though...

8 year olds and presents... American Girl stuff (knock off - not name brand, too expensive), art/craft stuff, digital camera (inexpensive one). Things to suggest - manicure done by mom, afternoon date with mom or dad, board games...bare books has this blank board game where you can make your own - it looks like a neat idea and after dd made her own fairy board game, made me go hmmm. But we are broke. broke. broke. So we will stick with what we have and hand make the rest. Oh sewing materials? dd has expressed interest so that and any kind of handcrafts - knitting, crocheting, needlepoint, etc.

#521 ·
drjen~LOVE the birth story. And your T-day pics on FB are great! Oh! Can you change my marathon time when you update the race results list? I can't remember if I ever mentioned it here, but apparently the RnR people conceded that the course WAS in fact long, and the turnaround on that freaking overpass was nearly a tenth farther than it should have been! So they adjusted everyone's times...my new time is 4:54:53! I gained nearly 3 minutes!

Well, this day has been not-so-hot. It started off just fine...DS was in my bed around 2 am, but slept til nearly 8:30 (we were out past 10 last night). We had a nice, lazy morning, then headed to the Y for spin class. Where DS pooped his pants. Ugh. It was a mess. And I don't really get it, the kid has NEVER had a poop accident other than last year when he had the diarrhea bug for an afternoon. So I lost 20 minutes and half a Costco package of wipes cleaning that mess up, and still didn't get him clean. Luckily, they had a pull-up at the Y, or he would have been going home completely naked from the waist down. So then, we go to run by the bread outlet store, since we have none, and they're closed today. So THEN, we go to drop off the recycling (which completely fills up the back of my Grand Cherokee), and the recycling bin is locked down and there's a sign on it from the principal of the catholic school that it's at that it's no longer available for the public.
irked.gif
Oh, and a note to google "recycle denver" for somewhere else to go. Gee, thanks. So I have a vehicle full of recycling and nowhere to take it...hopefully, I can find a place tomorrow. Oh, and just to top it all off, I go to hang the outdoor lights this afternoon (we only have a balcony, so it's one lousy string of icicle lights) and there are at least 30 burned out bulb in my 12 foot string. I guess I get to brave Target tomorrow for a new string of lights. Sigh. And just for good measure, XH decided that he's not picking up DS tonight after all, but rather tomorrow morning instead. Grr.

Ok, enough complaining...time to start studying, yeehaw.
rolleyes.gif

#523 ·
Hola! I'm in southern Michigan at my sister's house. I come from a family of four girls, of which I am #2. We are at 1's house, I haven't seen her since 2005. Sister 3 is also here, we see her far more regularly (like almost every 6 months or so). It is so strange to be here because, well, my lifestyle is so very different than my sister and her long time boyfriend. Both drink very heavily, smoke a ton. Boyfriend chews (ewww!). We are here for thanksgiving and random people keep showing up, totally drunk, expecting a keg party. One was so drunk last night when he arrived that they forced him to spend the night. Ish. Thing that totally takes the cake of the whole crappy weekend: we're playing bananagrams (dh, 3 and I). Everyone else is watching some r rated movie complete with chugging beer and naked girls. Get this: no one found it strange that my 5 year old was right there. In fact, when I went down the basement with her to get her away they were encouraging me to bring her back because the other 5 year old (we just met today) was watching and wondering where her new friend was. Argh. I'm so not a pursit: my kids eat mcdonalds occasionally, I watch tv, even trash tv sometimes. But come on: an r rated movie and a 5 year old?!!

redeeming part of the weekend: my sister 3 is part of the roller derby in detroit and they got my girls roller skates. We went to the rink today. Good times.

sorry for the lack of personals, thinking of you all.

#525 ·
kerc ~ yikes! That doesn't sound like fun at all. But I have to agree with sparkle that your description is pretty comical.

Geo ~ that logic game looks like something Jacob would LOVE!

Thanksgiving has been lovely. We didn't go anywhere, nor did we have any visitors, which I actually prefer. Just the 5 of us having fun at home. Dinner turned out great yesterday and today I turned the turkey carcass into the most delicous turkey/rice soup ever! We also all went to the Y this morning where I ran 3 (in my new Dingo shirt), ellipticaled for 20 minutes and then did 10 minutes on the erg just for the heck of it. This afternoon we saw Tangled and if you're not anti-Disney, I recommend it. Everyone, even DH and DS really loved it. DD2 cried when it was over because she wanted it to be longer LOL.

#526 ·
I agree JayGee, I took the girls to Tangled today and we all enjoyed it a lot. I love the passive aggressive 'mother', they really nailed the script.

We just had a nice Indonesian dinner with friends (home-cooked) and now I feel like I need to find a source for lime leaf. :)

Oh, I did run today. It was incredibly rainy. Just a total can-barely-see-through-the-drops kind of rain and I wore gore tex pants and a rain slicker since I don't have any cool looking wet weather running gear. I'm glad I went but I was so sleepy afterward. Oy!

I wore my dingo shirt under it all though and that really kept me moving.

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.