Witchy Weight Loss and Support - Yule be losing some weight with us! - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-31-2011, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post

yeah, i guess-- the napa cabbage worked quite nicely, although ds called it lettuce, lol.... both boys ate it, though! soup is so magical. ;-)

Mmm...napa cabbage is my new love yummy.gifheartbeat.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2011, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm having napa cabbage steamed for lunch with some ham and dh's stirfry sauce right now.  Mmmmm.  It is Very Cold here, nearly minus 40, and even though I am not outside in this today I feel like eating hearty.

Tested into the lower level of week 5 of the pushup challenge - I've been doing the upper levels.  The thing I like about it is that one *can* start over or change levels easily to suit once one sees how it is organized.

What is a walking video?  Do you walk around the living room while it plays or on a treadmill?  

Old 01-31-2011, 02:50 PM

i remember clay talking about a walking video, you might ask her. i remember it because i made fun of her for it. but yes, apparently, you walk around the LR. 

i am a mess. i am so glad we moved back to az, because it is cold and raining and gloomy today, and i feel like i want to hide. i am in so much pain... it's just like instant-back-to my weird symptoms of last year at this time. it's freaky. 

i havent been swimming since that last time i posted about having swum for the first time in three weeks. gak! and this week is supposed to be cold (highs 40s, lows 20s, which is rather on the extreme end of things for here), so i do not think i will be making it to the pool...... whimper. 

i am ready for summer. cold.gif

Old 01-31-2011, 03:56 PM

A walking video would be one where I get to tromp around the LR... sad but true.   Like "walking away the pounds" by leslie something or other.  Otherwise I'll have to try and jump/walk through snowdrifts which would be excellent exercise too (cold, but good!)  winky.gif

Mmmmm I love napa cabbage.  I think I had a recipe for pork/shrimp meatballs which are then steamed in layers of shredded napa cabbage.  They were very tasty and so easy to make.  Let me see if I kept a copy of it in my recipe book & I'll post it if anyone is interested.

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Old 01-31-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View PostI think I had a recipe for pork/shrimp meatballs which are then steamed in layers of shredded napa cabbage.  They were very tasty and so easy to make.  Let me see if I kept a copy of it in my recipe book & I'll post it if anyone is interested.

wave.gif Me, please! (That's me with my hand in the air-- and I'd have my other elbow "helping" it lol.gif )

Napa cabbage is my new discovery and I absolutely lurve it. Slurp, YUM. I can't wait to make something in layers or rolls with it. I am dying for cabbage rolls, actually. I haven't had any kind of those in ages. When we were vegetarian, I used to make them with...with...oh heck. What was it. It was right on the tip of my tongue. Not TVP, not quinoa. Dang. The recipe made enough for an army, though.
I want to make them with meat, but not rice. NOM.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 02-01-2011, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Started a new thread, will post my full intro later and measurements tomorrow.  Go post there, please!

User Tag List