Witchy Weight Loss and Support - Yule be losing some weight with us! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 156 Old 11-06-2010, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the Samhain to Yule edition of the Witchy Weight Loss thread, for anyone who wants to bring an earth-centered/holistic/pagan spirituality to the issue of weight loss and health through better choices in diet and exercise. It's Lunar Samhain today, a new moon, PERFECT time to be making some resolutions towards a healthier life.

Who am I? I'm a mom of 3 children, school and preschool age, in my early 40s. I run a home daycare, homeschool my oldest, I'm a student, and have a busy family. The home daycare/homeschooling is actually going to work for me because I can build (mild) exercise into my day with the kids.

Goals? I am still trying to lose my baby weight from #3, although he is almost kindy age! I want to no longer be officially overweight, to be healthy and fit and to support my kids and my dh, who was just dx'd with Type 2 Diabetes I want to buy a pretty dress and feel good about wearing it! I want to have fun, to dance again.

I was about 196 pounds at my highest, about 183 last June, 181 when I got serious about exercise in August, and 175.5 at Mabon, and 167.2 now. 159 pounds will put me at a bmi that is no longer officially overwieght for my height, and I think 145 will be an appropriate final target weight, but I am open to being happier at a higher weight if I am fit and strong at that weight. So, nearly 30 pounds pounds down, about 20 to go.

How I'm going to get there? Will continue working on developing my yoga practice, swimming with my family once a week, hooping, exercising, walking, time outdoors, eating a low carb, no processed food, gf diet, weighing every day, not eating in the evening.I am going to try growing sprouts and salad greens indoors to supplement my diet and ease the $ cost of all this fresh food in the winter. I am tracking my diet and will post a food diary here if I feel I'm stalling in the weight loss. I'm feeling pretty jiggly, so I really want to work hard on exercise this period - considering 100 push ups in 6 weeks, and starting some intermediate yoga videos.

Statistics? (optional if you don't want to share!)
Here are my measurements from Sept 23, to today, Nov 6:

calves - were 15 inches now 14.25 inches, -.75
thighs - were 23.75 inches now 23.75 inches, 0 change
hips - were 42.5 inches now 41.75 inches, -.75
belly button - was 38.5 inches now 38.5 inches, 0 change
narrowest part of waist - was 33.5 inches now 31.5 inches, -1
bust - was under/over - was 34/39, now 33.5/39 -.5/0
bicep - was 13.25 inches, now 13, -.25

1 weighed 175.6 on Sept 23, today weigh 167.2. So I've lost 8.4 pounds, and 4.25 inches in the past 44 days. I have had a lot of travel and stress and cheating with junk and not exercising like I feel I should, so I'll take those numbers happily

I am wondering a bit if my scale is off or if my measuring technique is off, as I would expect to have lost more inches with 8.4 pounds? Maybe I just lost muscle, which would not be so good. But I'll still take those numbers as a trend of progress towards my goal.
#2 of 156 Old 11-06-2010, 12:51 PM

Yay new thread! I need a renewal of purpose, I think.

Who am I? I'm a 38-year-old mother of one nearly-5-year-old and a postpartum doula. I am finally losing the weight I packed on thanks to a nasty bout of postpartum depression after DD was born.

Goals? When I was discharged from the hospital with DD I was 132 lbs, which is a good weight for me when a lot of it is muscle. A year later I was at 160 something, and I went up as high as 173 I think. Now I am down to 146.5, so I have about 15-20 lbs more to lose, depending on how my body composition does. I have always identified more strongly with the hunter/strength aspect of the feminine (somewhat ironically as I am only 5' tall, but I'm just going to rock it as much as I can) so my goal is to be strong and fit, and about 25% body fat which will hopefully be also ideal for fertility as DH and I are finally OFFICIALLY TTC.

How I'm getting there: weightlifting, interval training, walking & a no-starch, no-sugar diet with some modest portion control (which is not very hard at all when there's no starch or sugar!)

Statistics? I will update this later after I have had a chance to spend some quality time with my measuring tape.

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#3 of 156 Old 11-06-2010, 03:48 PM

Who am I?
Mary, 45 yo SAH/homeschooling Mama to 3 balls of energy. In my 'free' time I knit. All the time. Obsessively. Passionately. Happily.
And although knitting is not exercise and doesn't burn very many more calories than sitting still; it does keep my hands busy and therefore away from snacks + it makes me very, very happy.

Goals?
Health. Mental, physical and spiritual health.
I basically woke up right before my 45th birthday and realized how much weight was still on my frame even though emotionally I was healthier than ever before. I made myself a vow to lose 100 lbs before my 46th birthday.

How I'm going to get there?
For weightloss I am utilizing the hcg protocol.
For mental and spiritual health I am employing a number of strategies, all informed by my ever-strengthening 'not giving a shit bone.'

Statistics?
As of this past week I am about 57 lbs lighter than I was in June. And I have until June to lose the rest.
I feel like I've stripped away the years by losing this weight. My joints no longer ache and I feel really good in my body again. Right now I weigh less than I did when I was a fat, very miserable 14 yo. Right now I can fit back into my wedding dress (we've been married for 16+ years.)
Right now I feel 35, not 45.

Maryhippie.gif

#4 of 156 Old 11-06-2010, 03:48 PM

Maiasaura here. Yule, YAY! The only thing I hate about Yule is it's the end of the dark half of the year. I love the dark half.

Who am I? Going to be 51 on the 17th of November. I just realized my birthday has always been the kick-off for the Winter holiday season! So I'm in Cleaning Mode. I have even had Classical Christmas music playing on Pandora for two days I am just In The Mood, lately!
I am handfasted wife to M, my long-distance reunited love with my high school sweetheart-- one day we'll be together and wed legally. I'm a oldah mamah to one feisty 9yo boy

Goals? I topped out at over 203 a couple years back. When M and I started re-uniting, a year ago, I lost 16 or so pounds that haven't come back, pretty much. Then I settled at that weight.
In September, I went on the hcg diet with homeopathic hcg, and lost 20ish pounds in a month. I've regained a little, but I'm settling at around 167. I'm going to maintain that through the holidays, and in January looking to lose some more. Then if I end up having to do another round to get to my ultimate goal (around 130ish), so be it.

How I'm getting there: More hcg! I love this diet!!

Statistics? Hmm...need to post later with that. I know I'm down like 3" in my waist, abdomen, and under my bust. I've gone down most of a bra size and a pants size

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#5 of 156 Old 11-07-2010, 01:24 PM

Can I join? I've been lurking on all you wonderful women, but I've been hesitant to add another thread as I suck at keeping up with the ones I'm already on.

Who am I?
I'm a 37 yo mostly SAHM to my inquisitive ultra animal lover 6 yo DD and my super goofy and lovable 4 yo DS. Before children, I worked with adolescents and adults with acute psychiatric challenges. I'm taking a break from that for now while my kiddos are young. I love music, teach voice lessons and perform occasionally. It is always challenging to perform because of my weight issues, and it is always an opportunity for growth to "be seen" regardless of how much I happen to weigh. This is a current issue for me right now as I have a concert on Sat. I've feel for the past year I've been on a reclaiming journey of my physical, mental and spiritual self. In June, I felt ready to reclaim my right to feel good in my body and I began to actively "try to loose weight" which in itself was a huge decision for me. It has been a challenging but amazing process.

Goals
I would like to be at a healthy for me weight by my birthday in May. I am open to what that will feel/look like because I've been overweight for awhile. I have about 25 lbs to go before I'm not classified as overweight, but those #'s are just #'s IMHO. My goal is to feel healthy, energetic, fit and strong.

How am I going to get there?
I have been doing the HCG protocol homeopathic drops. I stop the drops in 7 days and will then begin to stabilize. I've lost about 30 lbs since July and about 22 since late Sept. I plan to do another round in Jan. I will continue to try to focus and tune into my body. I am working on strength, core and flexibility through yoga. I also am trying to do daily energy work to keep balanced.

Stats
I'll get back to you. It's measure day for me, but I'm without my tape right now.

I look forward to hanging with you witchy mamas and supporting you all on your journeys. You've all been doing so great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post

Statistics? (optional if you don't want to share!)
Here are my measurements from Sept 23, to today, Nov 6:

calves - were 15 inches now 14.25 inches, -.75
thighs - were 23.75 inches now 23.75 inches, 0 change
hips - were 42.5 inches now 41.75 inches, -.75
belly button - was 38.5 inches now 38.5 inches, 0 change
narrowest part of waist - was 33.5 inches now 31.5 inches, -1
bust - was under/over - was 34/39, now 33.5/39 -.5/0
bicep - was 13.25 inches, now 13, -.25

1 weighed 175.6 on Sept 23, today weigh 167.2. So I've lost 8.4 pounds, and 3.25 inches in the past 44 days. I have had a lot of travel and stress and cheating with junk and not exercising like I feel I should, so I'll take those numbers happily

I am wondering a bit if my scale is off or if my measuring technique is off, as I would expect to have lost more inches with 8.4 pounds? Maybe I just lost muscle, which would not be so good. But I'll still take those numbers as a trend of progress towards my goal.
Bolding and underlining mine.

I noticed a math error in you Stats. Add another inch mama. 4.25!

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#6 of 156 Old 11-07-2010, 10:39 PM

subbing

Valérie   
#7 of 156 Old 11-08-2010, 11:31 AM

Who am I? i am a mom of four, i birthed 3. i had the first at 19 and perm added 20 pounds to my frame. fibro meds added another 30 then another 20 from DD1. DD2 actually didnt add any perm poundage as i was on a GD diet. but i am sick of feeling so heavy. i am now 34 and feeling older than i am.

Goals? to lose some baby weight. i know i will never be 115 again. but i would like to be 145 or less. 135 would be awesome. my main goal is to feel better.

How I'm going to get there? I have cut dairy out of my diet. i cutting sugar and breads out of my diet as well. i am attending a body flow class and a yoga class 3x week. trying to add in yoga at home as well. i also like to hula hoop in the afternoon on the porch. and trying to raise my activity level in general.

Statistics? i was at 173.6 lbs. i am now hovering around 161 lbs. that is a 12 lb loss. i plan to get real serious again after thanksgiving around here. right now i just dont want to gain. i have gone down several jeans sizes.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#8 of 156 Old 11-08-2010, 01:35 PM

hi ladies! yay for new thread!

my goals are to keep improving the health of my body and spirit.

right now, i'm being told i need to go have a sword fight. i guess that can only help, right?

i'll come back and write more later!
hugs and happy new moon vibes!
#9 of 156 Old 11-08-2010, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, everyone!

Thanks for the extra inch, femme rouge

Enjoy the swordfight, aweyn!

Back later! Duty calls!
#10 of 156 Old 11-08-2010, 02:35 PM

Who am I? Let's see I am a full-time working and 3/4 time student Mum to one eight year old boy and wife to one groovy DP (who is also trying to loose weight / get fit.)

Goals? Still trying to get below 200 pounds / below 36 inch waist. Then we'll rethink goals.

How I'm going to get there? Yoga, Wii Fit, walking. Still want to try Couch to 5K but every time I am set to buy sneakers, something comes up and eats that money. With winter coming (slushy messy snow this morning) I will probably be put on hold. But we are looking into signing up for Family Swim at the pool where Ry takes lessons for the winter semester.

Statistics? Still haven't done my measurements. But I fit into not one, not two but three different pairs of size 20 jeans. I am officially down another size. I will weigh myself in a week or so after AF comes and goes.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#11 of 156 Old 11-08-2010, 03:18 PM

Who am I? I'm Kate, a WOHM with 2 boys and a wonderful DH who is turning his life around with better eating habits and exercise.

Goals? Starting at 213 as of 06/2010, I am looking to lose 40 lbs and get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 180. I would like to complete this by the end of the year 2010.

How are you going to get there? So I have promised everything in the book, more exercise, etc. I am just not doing it though. My goals for Yule:

• Get a solid night of sleep
  • Do Yoga at least 1x week
  • Remind myself that I am fabulous no matter my shape and love me for me.
  • Take my thyroid meds consistently, along with vit d, selenium & magnesium.
  • Eat healthy and lose the sugar from my diet

Measurements
Black is 08/03/2010
Purple is as of 09/23/2010

Orange is as of 11/14/2010
Height 5'10"
Weight :203 -> 197->199

Upper arms 13" ->12.25"->12.5"
Lower arm 10" -> 9.5" ->N/A
Chest (above the bust): 39" ->N/A ->N/A
Under bust 38", ->N/A ->36"
Bust: 41" -> 40" ->40"

Waist, relaxed, 41" -> 39" ->38"
Hips, around fattest part of butt 45" -> 43" ->44"
Upper thigh 24" -> 23" ->23"
Calf, fattest part 16" -> 16" ->16"

So since 08/03/2010 - I've lost 7.25 inches and 6 lbs!
I fell flat with only a +0.5 increase overall.  I see some areas that increased, so its time to get back in the game and get those numbers down again. :D

Aubergine68 likes this.

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#12 of 156 Old 11-08-2010, 03:31 PM

me: 36 years young, momma to one 4 1/2 year old sweet boy (who loves sword play at the moment), one furry pup, and wifey to dh for many many many years!

goals: mainly health and healing, with a mind that loosing at least some weight would be part of that. 2010 was a wild year, and i mysteriously gained about 30 lbs in a very short period of time. a lot of that came of, again, mysteriously, basically instantly (both happening at the time of moves from different states). i'd love to get back to where i was before that whole escapade... which at this point would be about 10 lbs from where i am now. after i manage that (which i'd like to see happen before aries new moon), and find i feel "healed" from it all, then i would like to get to my "optimum" weight-- intuitively it feels like 165. that's still "over" for my height (i "should" weigh 155 according to those charts), but i dont like how i look when i get bellow 160. i am really big-boned (size 11 feet), and i feel like i "look better" fuller. actually, i really like how i look now, but i know it's not healthy. if i get to 175 and feel healthy, i might settle around there. my body used to love 173. it would find ways to stabilize there. it was kinda cute, actually. no matter what i'd do... i'd wind up back there.

methodology: intuition and herbs, mainly. i swim, but that's mainly for joy and beauty and peace, as opposed to "working out"... that doesnt resonate as "me," and i'm working on being more honestly "me" in general. flowers "are" me... so, i've been working with flower essences as part of a greater healing towards wholeness. i am thinking i need to start eating raw coconut again. it's been a while, because it's kind of $$, but i think i need to find a way to make that work for a while.

stats: i'm hovering around 195 right now. i think i was about 205 when this thread started. i dont wear jeans (really any pants if i can help it, other than leggings), and i dont weigh with any regularity. i've not been measuring myself, but i did accidentally shrink my fave sundress the other day, and it now fits *wonderfully*, so i'll take that as a good sign.

it's going to get cold here this week (highs in the high 60s-- go on, laugh), so i need to get out my "winter" clothes. that's all tied up with ugly emotional stuff from last winter, and the beginning of the turmoil... so i may be coming back to gripe and ask for hugs......
#13 of 156 Old 11-10-2010, 10:38 AM

Just checking in on us over here post-change.  I'm struggling to find all my threads and forums but I wanted to pop-by with a "HELLO" and hope ya'll are having a great day!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#14 of 156 Old 11-11-2010, 08:07 AM

I had a long message all typed out and then decided to see if there were any new smileys - and then couldn't get out of the smiley popup!! Had to close the window.  So the upshot of my post was - new workout routine, ow sore, lots of gym opportunities coming up, weight still at 147.  Hope everyone is doing well!

Aubergine68 likes this.

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#15 of 156 Old 11-11-2010, 07:29 PM

Who am I?  I'm Stacia.  I work full-time as a midwife and also go to school full-time.  I'm a mom of two boys.  I have been using my chaotic schedule as an excuse for eating poorly and not exercising for a long time.  I've been overweight since I was a teenager.  I have PCOS, which makes it hard to lose weight as well.

Goals:  Immediately, I would like to lose 10% of my body weight, which would put me at 237lbs.  I'd also like to get my fasting blood sugar into normal ranges and get better control of my PCOS symptoms.

Methodology:  Exercise is my major thing -- I have been trying to run 3x per week a la couch to 5k.  I also bike to school, which is about 5.5 miles one way.  I do that 1-2 times per week and will keep it up until the snow flies!  I have also cut way back on sugar and fast foods but am trying to be moderate about carbs and fat instead of very restrictive.  I eat about 1600 calories a day.

Stats:  I'll do measurements on Dec. 1.  I'm currently 250.5 lbs.  I had made it below 250, but my pre-period bloating has put me back up again.

Aubergine68 likes this.

Stacia -- intrepid mama, midwife, and doula. Changing the world one 'zine at a time.
#16 of 156 Old 11-13-2010, 05:29 AM

Can I join you? 

Who am I?  I'm a 33 year old mama of 4. I've been working on weight loss on and off since the youngest was born just over 3 years ago.  At the time of his birth, I was at 220.  I'm now down to 175, but I had gotten as low as 164 this summer, and just this morning (after a few weeks of avoiding it, since I knew I wasn't going to like it) got back on the scale.  I'm also a single mama now, working half time and taking classes towards nursing school.  I live in rural New England which is great for some things (dirt road running) and rough for other things (affordable and convienient gyms).  I feel like my diet is pretty good (whole foods, organic, homemade), I just eat too darn much of it!  I also have a real honest to god sugar addiction.  I kicked it for almost 6 months this summer and that was when I got down to 164, just by cutting out sugar and running about 3 times a week.  I also feel so much better, emotionally, when I'm off sugar.  I made it through 3 kids birthdays, and slipped up and tasted the frosting early in September, and I've been struggling to get off sugar again ever since.

Methodology?  I need to get myself organized, and some accountability is huge for me, so here I am!   I am also going to start using FitDay to track my calories again.  I don't worry so much, on there, about getting all the exercise accounted for -- I just need to track the calories. I'm on day 4 of being off sugar again, and I know that if I make it a week, I'm in a pretty good place for continuing, although I *always* crave it.  I also need to drink more water, less coffee, less beer/wine, and eat more veggies.  As a single mom, it can be a challenge to make myself the interesting veg dishes that I love, when I know the kids just want straightforward spaghetti and sauce.  But I need to work on it.  I'm considering doing a paleo or low carb type of diet, as when I did the 1st 2 weeks of south beach a while ago, I lost 10 lbs, which was a huge boost and a great way to kick start myself.

I started running this spring, using c25k, after a lifetime of feeling like I could *never* run, and I really love it, although I'm having trouble finding time to get out there lately, which is only going to get worse with the winter.  I'm getting a used (free!) elliptical this weekend, and I'm thinking about joining the crossfit gym in town -- it's cheaper than the others, has more frequent class times, and has a playroom (unstaffed, but free!) just off the main exercise room for the kids.  I am also working up my courage to try bikram yoga.

Goals?  Right now, I'd like to be 15 lbs down by my birthday, January 7.

I'm being called by my 3 year old...more later!

Aubergine68 likes this.
#17 of 156 Old 11-13-2010, 07:24 AM

i dont think i am even going to try losing any more weight until after the holidays. i am just going to maintain. avoid dairy, avoid lots of sugar and lots of bread. i am going to try and stick to meats and veggies. and tea. which means i need to go buy more. lol. i have been out for a week now. i asked the herbalist lady to whip me up some but it is taking forever for her to do it.

Aubergine68 likes this.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#18 of 156 Old 11-13-2010, 09:29 AM

i agree, weightloss during the holidays-- not so wonderful! 

one year, i said i wasnt going to pay attention from t-day thru new years. i ate whatever i wanted, but i did a TON of yoga (more for all that lovely family stress, right?).... at the end of it, i'd lost 5 lbs. go figure.

i'm promoting flower essences again. i've been a RR fan for ages, but only recently started playing with the others....... and i am having so much fun! <happy dance> 

at the pool yesterday, i made a pact with a swimming buddy that if it snows this winter, we will both head to the pool. :-) i feel it will this year.... ahhh, that would be sheer swimming bliss!

ok, so i'm back on my coconut. YUM, and ahhh, it helps soooooo much. but the acid thing is still helping a ton. last night (after a scrummy, local, GF supper), my belly was hard and swollen again... i took my "shot" of acv/ginger and *instantly* the swelling/puff/hard belly went away. huzzah!

off to start my cooking for our family t-day celebration tomorrow....

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Aubergine68 likes this.
#19 of 156 Old 11-14-2010, 02:45 PM

Happy T-day Aweyn smile.gif

I'm finally back with my stats.  I weighed and measured today.  I'm 5'4" if I stand really really straight.  I started actively trying to lose weight in July when I was around 200.  Now I'm 168.

Measurements: Sept  Today

Bust:   46.5  42

Waist:  44     36

Hips:    50.5  45

Thighs: 45     41.5

Upper

Thigh:   28     25

At the end of Sept, I started the HCG protocol.  I'll begin stabilizing this Thurs, so I won't be losing more for awhile.  Then I'll have the holidays for my body to get used to this new size and weight.  I'll probably start a new round of HCG in the new year.

Have a great day! 

Aubergine68 likes this.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#20 of 156 Old 11-14-2010, 04:00 PM

Wow, FR, your stats are really awesome! Fantastic inch losses!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#21 of 156 Old 11-14-2010, 04:17 PM

Who am I?  I'm a 33-year-old mama of two (ages 4 and 5) and I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I generally handle my health issues holistically, but because of the severity of my fibro, I'm now on a regimen of meds and doing trials to see if anything will work for me. I've gone from being able to bike 100 miles in a day and tote kids around to multiple places to using two canes to walk and not really being able to exercise much at all.

Goals? I'd like to get from 164 down to about 150. Between 145 and 155 is where I feel best, and weighing a little bit less than I do now would be easier on my joints and muscles. I also want to maintain as much of my current muscle mass as possible, because loss of muscle mass due to inactivity is a risk of fibromyalgia.

How I'm going to get there? Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm trying to add some yoga back into my daily routine as I can, and once a week the kids and I go swimming in the heated therapy pool at the Y as part of a homeschool open swim program. I do PT exercises and a few laps there when I can, and try to at least stretch out and maybe sit in the sauna for a bit to sweat out some toxins when I'm not mobile enough to exercise. One of the meds I'm on kills my appetite, so I'm figuring out healthy quantities and foods to eat. It was a lot easier when I had an appetite and cravings!

Aubergine68 likes this.
#22 of 156 Old 11-14-2010, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Wow!  Welcome Aimee, Kate, spughy, Stacia, aweyn, sugarmoon, Lioness, femme rouge, earthmama369!!

Congratulations all on your commitment to health and weight loss!

I've been not on this thread for a few days - I learned recently that I need surgery very soon for a complicated health issue relating to an infection that has just not been clearing up.  Frankly, I've been pouting because I didn't want it to come to this and trying to muster good thoughts and energy for a thorough healing.  Don't want to think too much about possible complications, because they are scary :(  I figure I will concentrate on maintaining my weight, eating healthily, and taking probiotics and supplements to promote healing and hopefully counteract the effects of abx.  I hope to be out the other side and back here working towards my health goals by Yule, though...please wish me luck!

I will be here cheering the rest of you on!

#23 of 156 Old 11-15-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Wow, FR, your stats are really awesome! Fantastic inch losses!

Thanks!  You're doing great too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post

Wow!  Welcome Aimee, Kate, spughy, Stacia, aweyn, sugarmoon, Lioness, femme rouge, earthmama369!!

Congratulations all on your commitment to health and weight loss!

I've been not on this thread for a few days - I learned recently that I need surgery very soon for a complicated health issue relating to an infection that has just not been clearing up.  Frankly, I've been pouting because I didn't want it to come to this and trying to muster good thoughts and energy for a thorough healing.  Don't want to think too much about possible complications, because they are scary :(  I figure I will concentrate on maintaining my weight, eating healthily, and taking probiotics and supplements to promote healing and hopefully counteract the effects of abx.  I hope to be out the other side and back here working towards my health goals by Yule, though...please wish me luck!

I will be here cheering the rest of you on!

Sorry to read about the surgery, but I love your attitude.  Keep us posted. *hugs*

Cheers to us all for working on healthier minds, bodies and spirits.

#24 of 156 Old 11-15-2010, 07:56 AM

Aubergine I hope the surgery goes well for you and you feel much better soon!

Femme_rouge, those ARE awesome stats.  Yay you!

I've been at 146 for a few days now.  145 by the end of the week would be nice.  Weekend of doom coming up though - DD's birthday with its requisite chocolate cake, weenie & marshmallow roast and chinese dinner.  I do love, though, that she wants her birthday in the forest with a campfire - we go to a local salmon stream where there's a day-use area with firepits, and a "nature house" (ie, interpretive centre) and the kids have a great time. 

#25 of 156 Old 11-15-2010, 08:00 AM

Yay Aubergine - welcome back!!  Good for you to concentrate on the things you can control with this surgery!! 

Doing a quick drive by but welcome everyone!!!! Last night I made some yummy Grain Free chicken wings with almond meal - the kiddos gobbled 'em up as did DH too and I attempted a very good almost Grain Free Jambalaya ( I added a 1/2 cup of rice at the end :shake) with cauliflower "rice".  Very yummy and next time I won't need to add the rice as I panicked.

I put this on the other thread, but here I'll be a little more blunt.  I'm pretty sure I'm battling a small bout of depression right now.  DH has battled it for years and he's seeing signs in me that usually I see in him.  I am unmotivated, I sleep all the time, I am frustrated with my lack of motivation (but not motivated enough to do anything about it) I really have stopped caring about things - like me, my health etc. 

I need to work on turning it around right now, so again I'm going to work on me stuff along with this weight-loss stuff since I think mental health and physical health go hand in hand.

#26 of 156 Old 11-15-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View PostI learned recently that I need surgery very soon for a complicated health issue relating to an infection that has just not been clearing up.  Frankly, I've been pouting because I didn't want it to come to this and trying to muster good thoughts and energy for a thorough healing.  Don't want to think too much about possible complications, because they are scary :(  I figure I will concentrate on maintaining my weight, eating healthily, and taking probiotics and supplements to promote healing and hopefully counteract the effects of abx.  I hope to be out the other side and back here working towards my health goals by Yule, though...please wish me luck!

Luck, Aubergine :hug I hope it all turns out good, hon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spughy View PostWeekend of doom coming up though - DD's birthday with its requisite chocolate cake, weenie & marshmallow roast and chinese dinner.  I do love, though, that she wants her birthday in the forest with a campfire - we go to a local salmon stream where there's a day-use area with firepits, and a "nature house" (ie, interpretive centre) and the kids have a great time. 

Week(s) of doom for me, too. My birthday is Wednesday and the huh-YOOGE Asian buffet gives you a free birthday lunch if you show your ID to prove it really is your birthday (even if you're five-- GRRR, right?) and who knows what is compatible with the protocol I'm on. I usually pretty well gorge :lol Then next week I'm going to M's for a week. Then for Christmas I'm going to my mom's, then to M's again for the week btw Christmas and New Year's. Months of doom, indeed, food-wise.

ktg-- hugs, mama. Try to nip that in the bud before it gets huge, sweet one. Depression sucks...been there. It still lurks, now and then, waiting for me. I refuse to let it :)

#27 of 156 Old 11-16-2010, 05:26 AM

I have not vanished. Still reading. October haven't been good on me health wise and I have a hard time getting back on track. bag.gif I gained.

At the same time, my tiny 5yo have lost weight. crap.gif She's under the safe weight for using her car booster... I'm anxious about it. It add to the long list of stressing things I have to face/address and I'm not dealing very well with the stress.

I'm still moving - not as much as I would love but I do. Still try to eat and drink mindfully but must admit I've let myself eat and drink mindlessly too many time for my own good. It's like I feel so drained by my emotions that I don't care what comes in as long as I have the illusion of filling/comfort.

Valérie   
#28 of 156 Old 11-17-2010, 06:02 AM

The weather here has been super-mild, which is making it nice to be outside.  Feeling positive about body and health and feeling good energy.  I think autumn is a real time of renewal for me.  

Valerie, I'm so sorry that you've been struggling.  I hope this month is easier.

Stacia -- intrepid mama, midwife, and doula. Changing the world one 'zine at a time.
#29 of 156 Old 11-17-2010, 07:31 AM

Valerie, if it helps, my DD is turning 5 this week and still hasn't made it to 40 lbs.  And she's close to 43" tall - I know actually *losing* weight isn't theoretically good but maybe if you DD has been super-active recently...?

The scale this morning said 144.5.  Not completely sure it was accurate - I might not have moved my hand away from the windowsill fast enough and I was weighing myself in the near-dark (hence the need to feel around with the windowsill so I didn't fall off the scale and wake everyone up) but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now, so yay!  And this is officially my last week of crazy work, next week I only have 8 hours booked and after that it's nothing til after Christmas! Yeehaw.  At that point I may need to actually advertise or something.

#30 of 156 Old 11-18-2010, 04:08 PM

hugs, aubergine. remind me to talk to you about flower essences! maybe pm me sometime when you have a chance, we could chat or something? i'm not getting on mdc much lately, either.

hugs and happiness to all!

xoxoxoxox

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page