C25k - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 144 Old 02-03-2011, 05:12 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

finished w3d2, it was only a teeny bit easier than w3d1.... still keeping at it!!  i actually look forward to doing this, even though i know it's challenging for me :)  yea!!

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th
#62 of 144 Old 02-08-2011, 11:03 AM

just did w4d1 !!!  it 5 min runs were hard, but i did them all!!  i was really debating about whether i should do another day or two of w3, or move onto w4, and i'm so glad i did... yea!

how's everyone else doing?

#63 of 144 Old 02-08-2011, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm in week 7 - slowing down a little. I've been going too hard, too often. One more day of 25 minutes though and week 7 will be complete. I think I'll bike and walk tomorrow and then do my run on Thursday. Friday will be another bike/walk/elliptical day and Saturday off. No need to rush!

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#64 of 144 Old 02-08-2011, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley4 View Post

just did w4d1 !!!  it 5 min runs were hard, but i did them all!!  i was really debating about whether i should do another day or two of w3, or move onto w4, and i'm so glad i did... yea!

how's everyone else doing?

About to start w2D1 :)  Glad it's going well for everyone! Inspires me to keep going!

#65 of 144 Old 02-10-2011, 05:24 AM

Life has utterly gotten in the way of my linear progression, but I'm still in the game  - w3d2 yesterday... hope to be back on a real regular schedule next week, but I find I can't be sure of anything right now.

I agree - challenging, but fun.

Mom of one child (2008), wife of one husband, tender of dogs, cats and chickens. Household interests: ocean life (kid), bitcoins (husband), simplifying (me).

#66 of 144 Old 02-11-2011, 12:19 PM

Advice please?

So I completed W2 over a week ago.  Since then we've had a bit of a rough spot (pipe rupture in our house- living withour in-laws, bad weather,  bad stomach bug, etc.) and I haven't C25K'd in 10+ days.  I have been trying to exercise (30 Day Shred), but haven't done any running or cardio since I finished W2D3.

When I start again tomorrow, where should I start?

Week 1, Week 2, or Week 3?

I'm tempted to say week 1, but I don't want to get discouraged a my "lack of progress," but I'm concerned.  Maybe I should jump in at Week 2 and see how it goes...... I think I'm crazy for even putting Week 3 in as an option.

Thanks!

~maddymama

#67 of 144 Old 02-11-2011, 12:54 PM

i would try one day of week 2, and if you find it easy, then move right on to week 3.   i don't think you have to go all the way back to w1 !!

#68 of 144 Old 02-14-2011, 01:17 PM

Started week 8 yesterday. Back to running every other day and biking the alternate days. Now that the running is getting more intense, I find that I don't have the urge to do extra exercise on those days orngtongue.gif Anyway, I'm managing to run at an overall 10:00 pace for 28 minutes. My hope is to keep up the 10:00 and in 2 weeks when I've completed the c25k, I'm going to work on speed. I'd like to run a 5k in under 24:00. I was competitive in high school and ran it consistently under 21:00. I wonder how long it will take me...

#69 of 144 Old 02-15-2011, 05:47 AM

finished W4D3 this morning, after having missed a run on suday... i'm moving onto W5D1 on thursday!!!   i really look forward to my c25k days, even though i find some of the runs challenging.  yea!

#70 of 144 Old 02-15-2011, 07:43 AM

So...I was trying to figure out what to do after c25k and I came upon One Hour Runner. I'm going to do this! Next week is the final week of c25k for me and I'm going to count it as week 1 of this new program since the workouts are the same. Anyone else in?

#71 of 144 Old 02-15-2011, 10:53 AM

Maddymama here.... went back to doing Week2 Day 1- it was easy.  Did W2D2 today and really got to push it... taking the time off (but still working out with 30 Day Shred) didn't leave me as far behind as I thought I was going to be.  I think I'm going to do W3 D1 later on this week.

~Maddymama

#72 of 144 Old 02-15-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivated Mama View Post

So...I was trying to figure out what to do after c25k and I came upon One Hour Runner. I'm going to do this! Next week is the final week of c25k for me and I'm going to count it as week 1 of this new program since the workouts are the same. Anyone else in?

I was going to do this but decided on the Bridge to 10K instead because the runs are longer.  I wanted the better (longer) workout.  I have two more runs before i'm done this one!  Woohoo!

Jamie, busy Mama to my sweet little O Man, loving wife to Brian, and very excited about our new addition, the J Man, here after ourh20homebirth.gif
                                                   Unexpectedly expecting a new little one in November!!!belly.gif
#73 of 144 Old 02-15-2011, 12:58 PM

i'm not sure what i will do when i'm done c25k.. right now, i'm just focusing on making it through, lol.  i will want to increase my speed and distance.  thanks for the link, i will definitely consider it as i get closer to the end!!

Quote:

#74 of 144 Old 02-15-2011, 04:01 PM

I looked at the B210K and I think I really like it for the fact that it gets you there in 6 weeks rather than 10. Sounds good to me! Being able to run a 10k by April sounds great. It would be just in time to start running trails, which is my true passion. smile.gif

#75 of 144 Old 02-15-2011, 05:49 PM

b25k - are there any podcasts to go along with program?

thanks

I am on w5c25k

#76 of 144 Old 02-15-2011, 07:20 PM

I'm in a similar boat with Maddymama - I cannot seem to get around how life gets in the way: sick kid, sick daddy, sick me, travel, yadda yadda. I did manage one workout in the travel time, but today found w3d2 super hard. I think I will repeat it on Thurs and see if I think I can progress after that. Otherwise, I'm fine with repeating week 3. Keeping happy knees is a super big priority for me.

Holy weight loss, Motivated Mama! Do you have any threads describing your journey thus far? I'm SO impressed. It's the only time that little walking emoticon actually made me want to walk also! They should have one that gets narrower as it walks...

Mom of one child (2008), wife of one husband, tender of dogs, cats and chickens. Household interests: ocean life (kid), bitcoins (husband), simplifying (me).

#77 of 144 Old 02-16-2011, 04:23 AM

I really did not have it in me this morning. I did my 5 minute warm up, ran about 1.75 miles, then walked until 30 minutes. I was supposed to run 2.75 miles. Then I got on the bike and only did 15 minutes there. Blech. Part of the reason is I only wore a sports bra under my shirt (as opposed to 2 sports bras and a tank with a built-in bra) so my breasts were sore. The other part was completely mental. Boredom I guess. I need to read some motivational stories today, before I start the slippery descend into the dark hole of obesity that I am slowly climbing out of.

chkpea - I believe I saw a podcast on one of the websites. Just google bridge to 10k.

LCBMAX - thanks for the weight loss encouragement. The only thread that I am part of discussing weight loss thus far is with a group of wonderful ladies with "lots to lose" smile.gif I've been averaging 3 pounds a week through counting calories and exercising for an hour a day 6 days a week. I've really slacked this last week though and if I want to lose another 70 pounds, I have to get back on that wagon!

#78 of 144 Old 02-16-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chkpea View Post

b25k - are there any podcasts to go along with program?

thanks

I am on w5c25k

I could't find a podcast for it greensad.gif only an app for an itouch, iPhone or android.

Jamie, busy Mama to my sweet little O Man, loving wife to Brian, and very excited about our new addition, the J Man, here after ourh20homebirth.gif
#79 of 144 Old 02-16-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:

I really did not have it in me this morning. I did my 5 minute warm up, ran about 1.75 miles, then walked until 30 minutes. I was supposed to run 2.75 miles. Then I got on the bike and only did 15 minutes there. Blech. Part of the reason is I only wore a sports bra under my shirt (as opposed to 2 sports bras and a tank with a built-in bra) so my breasts were sore. The other part was completely mental. Boredom I guess. I need to read some motivational stories today, before I start the slippery descend into the dark hole of obesity that I am slowly climbing out of.

chkpea - I believe I saw a podcast on one of the websites. Just google bridge to 10k.

LCBMAX - thanks for the weight loss encouragement. The only thread that I am part of discussing weight loss thus far is with a group of wonderful ladies with "lots to lose" smile.gif I've been averaging 3 pounds a week through counting calories and exercising for an hour a day 6 days a week. I've really slacked this last week though and if I want to lose another 70 pounds, I have to get back on that wagon!

Some days are just like that aren't they? The other day I left my house and only made it around the corner before I turned around and came home. Just didn't have it in me that day. I am very lucky my sister runs with me fairly often. Today we did 6k smile.gif

#80 of 144 Old 02-17-2011, 07:21 AM

i totally kicked W5D1's butt today!!  woo!!  i'm feeling a bit anxious about this week, the next 2 workouts really kick things up a notch (d2 is run8, walk5, run 8, and d3 is 20min run!!), so i'm really glad that w5 has gotten off to a good start.  

for those of you who have completed the 20 min run, any tips?  it seems rather daunting!

#81 of 144 Old 02-17-2011, 10:48 AM

I run how I feel, kick it up when I feel good and knock it down to a shuffle when I think I'm going to quit. (They call this a fartlek in the real running world.) My goal is to not walk. I try to run at the pace I think I should be running at, but if I can't then I just do like I said. smile.gif I'm going for a 28 minute run today. I think I might run outdoors since the weather is nice. It'll be different not knowing what my pace is or how far I've gone.

#82 of 144 Old 02-20-2011, 09:31 AM

w5d2 for me today.   not happy with everything.  got thru the first 8 min run easily, but then my mp3 player died in the first min. of the last 8 minute run, and all i could hear is my kids upstairs (with DH) screaming and fighting and thumping.    i totally lost concentration, and had to take 2 breaks in that last run.  not happy with myself (or them, sigh).   will do w5d2 again on tuesday, and hopefully i will get it all in then.   (with new batteries for my mp3, and at nap time).

i should feel happy that i ran 8 mins today... haven't done that in a long time!  but instead, i'm just frustrated that i didn't meet my goal for today.

#83 of 144 Old 02-20-2011, 10:46 AM

I know this is the Couch 2 5K thread but I just wanted to say I finished my Bridge 2 10K program today!  Yay! 

#84 of 144 Old 02-20-2011, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley4 View Post

w5d2 for me today.   not happy with everything.  got thru the first 8 min run easily, but then my mp3 player died in the first min. of the last 8 minute run, and all i could hear is my kids upstairs (with DH) screaming and fighting and thumping.    i totally lost concentration, and had to take 2 breaks in that last run.  not happy with myself (or them, sigh).   will do w5d2 again on tuesday, and hopefully i will get it all in then.   (with new batteries for my mp3, and at nap time).

i should feel happy that i ran 8 mins today... haven't done that in a long time!  but instead, i'm just frustrated that i didn't meet my goal for today.

Totally understand the frustration with not meeting your goal but an 8 minute run is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieB View Post

I know this is the Couch 2 5K thread but I just wanted to say I finished my Bridge 2 10K program today!  Yay! 

Yay! Something to look forward too.

#85 of 144 Old 02-21-2011, 06:22 AM

Shelley - I think it was week 5 where I had a blip too and had to repeat a day. No big deal. Some days are harder than others and some days you just feel like you could take on the world! I know you'll pick back up and do great!

Jamie - thanks for sharing your success! I hope that this group can go on to do a bridge to 10k thread. I'm on my final week of c25k and I could start the B210K thread next week...smile.gif

#86 of 144 Old 02-22-2011, 10:41 AM

okay, i re-did W5D2 today, and i totally nailed it!!!  i'm so pleased.  i knew i just had to focus in and concentrate.   onto w5d3 on thurs!!

#87 of 144 Old 02-23-2011, 12:53 PM

I finished today banana.gif

I ran 3.1 miles in EXACTLY 30:00 joy.gif

On to the Bridge to 5K, I think...

#88 of 144 Old 02-23-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:

YEA!!!!!   WAY TO GO!!   that's so great.   did it take you the 9 weeks, or longer?

#89 of 144 Old 02-23-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:

Yay!!!!! Congratulations!!! I can't believe how fast you are.

#90 of 144 Old 02-24-2011, 10:40 AM

i did w5d3 today, and it went great!!!  i can't believe i ran for 20 mins straight!!!!!  woooooo.   onto w6!

Tags
Weight Loss , Ending The Food Fight Guide Your Child To A Healthy Weight In A Fast Food Fake Food World , Weight Management

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page