C25k - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 144 Old 04-05-2011, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Joining you ladies!  I did Week 1 Day 1 yesterday.  It was a bit rough, the last 2 segments I had had to really push through, but I managed and I'm not too sore today!  I did however, wake up with a major sore throat & stuffy nose- so I'm really hoping I can keep up even if I'm sick.  I enjoyed working out and felt great all day, I don't want to loose my momentum. 

Life loving Mama, married to DH, Mama to DS1 , DS2 , missing our , and another boy born June!
#122 of 144 Old 04-06-2011, 09:28 AM

All I have to say is.....

Week 9 Day 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~maddymama

#123 of 144 Old 04-07-2011, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddymama View Post

~maddymama

joy.gif

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#124 of 144 Old 04-11-2011, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

jumpers.gif Woohoo!!!  Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddymama View Post

~maddymama

#125 of 144 Old 04-17-2011, 03:02 PM

Week 2 Day 3......I know you're suppossed to do it only 3xs a week but I don't think it's enough for me (I'm really out of shape) so this is actually the second time I've done this leg of the C25K....but it's working and I'm getting stronger and I don't get so tired......the shin splints,,,,now there is a problem there.....  :(

Crazy mom of 9. grouphug.gif  A wife to one.  flowersforyou.gif

-Life is a long lesson in humility.-

James M. Barrie

#126 of 144 Old 04-17-2011, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo7 View Post

Week 2 Day 3......I know you're suppossed to do it only 3xs a week but I don't think it's enough for me (I'm really out of shape) so this is actually the second time I've done this leg of the C25K....but it's working and I'm getting stronger and I don't get so tired......the shin splints,,,,now there is a problem there.....  :(

Why not do cross training on the other days of the week? I run 3 days, but on the other days I do elliptical or swimming or yoga or bike riding. It is still getting me into shape, but utilizing other muscles.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#127 of 144 Old 04-24-2011, 11:31 AM

Can I join!?  I just did w2d3 this morning. I have had a cold for the last week and I noticed that  have a wicked side stitch the whole way. Really puts a cramp in my breathing. Otherwise I am feeling lighter than air and I have had almost no soreness- but I do a LOT of stretching afterwards.   I'm so excited because I have never been able to stick with running. I always went at it too fast and hurt myself.

#128 of 144 Old 04-25-2011, 01:38 PM

Can I join too? Tomorrow will be w5d1! I have been doing it pretty much straight through and have only taken a few days off. Just wondering if anyone else does it like this? I'm afraid if I take too many days off I won't be motivated or that it will be harder to get back into. I need some fast song recs too please! I signed up for the weight watchers walk it challenge and a 5k in May.

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!
#129 of 144 Old 04-27-2011, 06:30 AM

I've been seeing couch to 5k threads for almost the entire time I've been at MDC, and every time I saw the thread, I would be like, ok, totally not me, I DON'T run. I CAN'T run. I'll stay on my figurative couch and just get fatter and lazier and more out of shape. I actually do suck at running though, even when I was in what should have been amazing shape, I still couldn't run a lap without being reminded of my exercise induced asthma. I've never actually stopped breathing though, so I'm not worried about running, I know my limits.

Anyway, so I FINALLY googled C25K maybe yesterday? and I loved how good the program sounds. It's simple, and you can repeat weeks if you need to. So, great! I plan to start running with DH in the early early morning starting end of May, God willing. We're in Pakistan right now, and women DO NOT run here, and it's SO hot right now, in april, that I can stay inside all day with the fan on, and still be dripping with sweat. I'll probably lose weight from all of the sweating! lol.gif

hijab.gif Childbirth Educating and Doula-ing wife toflowersforyou.gif , and mama to hammer.gif6/09. Story of my life:buddamomimg1.pngduh.gif knit.gifscared.gifsewmachine.gifdishes.gifcd.giftea6.gifread.gifsleepytime.gif

#130 of 144 Old 04-27-2011, 09:52 PM

I'm on w5d2. I haven't ever run this much at a time in my whole life it seems. I remember always getting out of breath after about 2 minutes. Not anymore- 8 minutes straight LOL and repeat

#131 of 144 Old 04-28-2011, 08:53 AM

I took two days off and finally finished w5d1 today. I'm always a little anxious when starting and then at the end amazed that I finished it.

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!
#132 of 144 Old 05-19-2011, 05:17 AM

Ooh, I'll join! I think this is the third time I've started C25K, and the furthest I've made it - did w5d1 yesterday! I am also so NOT a runner, but the program appealed to me. I also like the ability to throw on my shoes and be back forty minutes later, workout complete. I use the C25K iPhone application, which gives voice prompts over your music - love it. Sometimes I run in a neighborhood park with DS in the jogging stroller, and sometimes I use the treadmill at the gym.

I peeked ahead and saw there's some variation in week 5 - eight minutes tomorrow, wish me luck!
#133 of 144 Old 06-20-2011, 03:05 PM

I'm on week 5 too!! :) I'm about to start the second day tomorrow morning. I am really loving it but finding this week to be difficult. Maybe its the heat? I had a wicked cramp in my side yesterday it makes it SO much harder to run when you can't take a full breath.  Goodluck to everyone else!

#134 of 144 Old 06-20-2011, 10:55 PM

I started week 4 last night, but I have had longer breaks (of 4-5 days) in between the other weeks so it's taken me longer than 4 weeks. I am just proud that I am slowly but surely continuing! I also used to hate running in high school with a passion, but somehow I got intrigued and so far I am liking it. I listen to a hip hop podcast with verbal cues, but the music for week 4 is not my style at all. I do have an android app, maybe I have to search through my music to find something fast and motivating.

hh2.gif

#135 of 144 Old 07-15-2011, 06:02 AM

I'd like to join too!  Ive never been a runner and always thought of myself as very un-athletic.  I just want to get into shape and be stronger.  I had started running on my treadmill just doing the preset treadmill program and was really amazed that I could do it.  Then I stumbled upon this thread and downloaded the c25k iphone app and started it last week.  I feel such an amazing sense of accomplishment after each run.  I really love it!  I do have some knee pain and have a family history of bad osteoarthitis of the knees.  However, I am only 37 so not sure that it really should be that bad yet.  I have some crunching with stair climbing when I am heavier (i have three kids and reached 200 lbs with all of them but am 134 lbs now).  My knees don't crunch so much anymore and I am focusing on stretching my hamstrings (which are really tight from sitting too much for my job) and strengthening my quads.  I am an occupational therapist and have lots of physical therapist friends who agreed that doing these two things along with the running should help my knees line up correctly which in turn should correct the discomfort.  Any experience here?  The pain is not severe...  also, I notice on the days that I run I have a hard time falling asleep at night.  It's like my brain won't shut down.  Overall, I do have more energy but would like to fall asleep easily too...

thanks

jen

jen mommy to dd1 (11y), dd2 (6y) and ds (3y)
#136 of 144 Old 08-05-2011, 07:53 PM

I just finished week 4.  I have never been a runner but I am really liking this.  After week one running on the sidewalk or street started to really hurt my knees.  To the point were I thought I was going to have to only run on tracks or soft trails.  Because of the heat I ran on a track for a bit and then drove to a path to avoid the hard surfaces.  Tonight I was short on time and didn't want to run on the trails in the dark so I went on my street and was totally fine.  No pain in my knees at all!  Streching also has helped but just getting stronger has made a huge difference.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigismom View Post

I'd like to join too!  Ive never been a runner and always thought of myself as very un-athletic.  I just want to get into shape and be stronger.  I had started running on my treadmill just doing the preset treadmill program and was really amazed that I could do it.  Then I stumbled upon this thread and downloaded the c25k iphone app and started it last week.  I feel such an amazing sense of accomplishment after each run.  I really love it!  I do have some knee pain and have a family history of bad osteoarthitis of the knees.  However, I am only 37 so not sure that it really should be that bad yet.  I have some crunching with stair climbing when I am heavier (i have three kids and reached 200 lbs with all of them but am 134 lbs now).  My knees don't crunch so much anymore and I am focusing on stretching my hamstrings (which are really tight from sitting too much for my job) and strengthening my quads.  I am an occupational therapist and have lots of physical therapist friends who agreed that doing these two things along with the running should help my knees line up correctly which in turn should correct the discomfort.  Any experience here?  The pain is not severe...  also, I notice on the days that I run I have a hard time falling asleep at night.  It's like my brain won't shut down.  Overall, I do have more energy but would like to fall asleep easily too...

thanks

jen

#137 of 144 Old 08-09-2011, 12:06 AM

I have done two 30-minute runs so far, I'll consider myself a graduate once I finish a third run. :)

I think I'll keep going that distance for a while and then see if I'm up for a longer distance.

hh2.gif

#138 of 144 Old 08-09-2011, 01:17 PM

I'd like to jump in here and join you all - I started running with no guidance at all two months ago and am completely hooked - I even went and did a 5K walk/run and that made me want to get more serious about my training so I googled and found C25K. I'm not sure if I should start at week one since I might, with luck, be a touch past that but I'm going to give this a shot! Off to search for those podcasts!

#139 of 144 Old 08-21-2011, 06:13 PM

How's everyone doing? Struggling just a bit with the heat here as I haven't been able to do morning runs lately. I'm sure it affects my ability but today I did week 2 on a trail that meandered up and down hills and I was able to complete the entire thing without stopping, so I was pretty happy with that!

Is anyone else using trails in addition to or instead of road/TM/track running? I've been doing this lately and just love it, can't wait to get back out there - kinda resent the days off!!

#140 of 144 Old 08-22-2011, 11:33 AM

I start week 4 tomorrow:) I love C25K! I do the C25K workout every other day, and then walk on my off days. With some random workouts thrown in whenever I feel like it. There is an awesome C25K facebook page that I follow, I love the articles they post.

#141 of 144 Old 08-22-2011, 03:08 PM

I'm starting week 3 today. I've been running for a while now and have done C25K before, but I'm trying to get back in shape after my last baby and thought this would be a good way to ease back into things. I'm doing all of the running at 6mph and all the walking at 4mph which is faster than what I did before. It's been easy enough for the first 2 weeks doing that, but I'm curious to see how it will be when things ramp up. I'll just do what I can! On my off days I'm doing yoga and slow jogging/brisk walking intervals outdoors. I'm feeling stronger, and the inches are coming off slowly but surely!

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#142 of 144 Old 08-23-2011, 05:59 AM

I have finished the program, but I keep running for 30 minutes for the time being. It has been raining the past few days, whenever I was gearing up to go outside. argh.

hh2.gif

#143 of 144 Old 08-23-2011, 03:10 PM

I wish we'd get some rain, it's been scorching here. I might get a chance to have a nice cool run though - my schedule for today has changed and the only chance to run will be after the kids go to bed! I don't want to skip a day, so I think I'll go out and hope it doesn't get too dark before I finish lol.

#144 of 144 Old 08-24-2011, 12:00 PM

I love to run in the rain!! It was 103 and sunny yesterday when I went. I took 2 big bottles of ice cold water, one for drinking and one for pouring over my head. Even with that I could only make it 2 1/2 miles and had to do about half of it walking and the other slow jogging. That heat is brutal! That was my day off of C25K. I'm going to do week 3 day 2 a little later today but on the treadmill so I can keep my pace where I want it. I didn't think I was going to be able to finish the other day(week 3 day 1).. I barely made it, and I'm a little nervous about it today!innocent.gif

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

Tags
Weight Loss , Ending The Food Fight Guide Your Child To A Healthy Weight In A Fast Food Fake Food World , Weight Management

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page