Postpartum Weight Loss- December. - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-27-2010, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandica View Post

yah, im hiding out. on day 3 of overeating sweets... like WAAAY overeating. Will probably gain a couple pounds from this. I'll have to get back at it in a couple days, when all the junk is gone from the house:/

Me too! blush.gif

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2010, 07:00 AM

Yeah, definitely a bit quiet here, we are probably ALL hiding out with the leftover goodies from the holidays and all saying that we will be getting right back into our groove just as soon as all of them are eaten up.  At least, I know that is what I am saying shy.gif  I'm afraid to step on a scale this morning.  We had three days of entertaining and will have two more for New Years.  Time. to finish the veggie platter, minus the dip

Hey, Babe  +  Me  =  Little Man 07-27-08  &  the Storm Sprite 07-11-10  computergeek2.gif    
Old 12-28-2010, 07:28 AM

Oh, Spugly - that's *exactly* what I've been saying!  Oh, dear, oh dear, it has not been pretty.  Fortunately, we don't do New Year's (can't be bothered) so nothing's stopping me from getting back on track, except...I put my back out carrying Miss Baby around in the sling during holiday stuff so she could nap, cold sore out break (sorry TMI), mastitis (yay) and a rambunctious stir crazy 8 year old off for a week... oh, yeah, there was also that 12 inch snow fall.  So all ready to go here!  How about you guys?

Does everybody feel like everything has just spun out of control?  Stuff everywhere, disorganized eating, no time, everything just piling up.  Calgon take me away!

I'm going to meditate on where to start while nursing Miss Baby down for her nap.  One get back on track plan, coming up.

Jezza, wife to T, oldmommers to E (7), A (4mos.) and three kitties
Old 12-28-2010, 08:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I actually didn't overindulge. Being dairy free severely limited how much I could eat and what I could eat. I ate a little too much homemade donuts on the 24th on my dd's birthday, but other than that I've been a good girl. And still didn't lose weight. greensad.gif

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 12-28-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post

I actually didn't overindulge. Being dairy free severely limited how much I could eat and what I could eat. I ate a little too much homemade donuts on the 24th on my dd's birthday, but other than that I've been a good girl. And still didn't lose weight. greensad.gif

Wow good for you.

I was at 135 this morning. 2lbs up from last week. oops.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:46 AM

In one way good, in another way I'm desperately craving holiday goodies! It wouldn't be so bad if I could have some.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:35 AM

Today I'm drinking 8 glasses of water and eating 2 pieces of fruit.  I'll do that plus one additional task each day until New Year.  Then I will be back on plan.

Jezza, wife to T, oldmommers to E (7), A (4mos.) and three kitties
Old 12-28-2010, 12:53 PM

Well, I just got off the scale after avoiding it for several days and I am down 2lbs!!! Whoohooo!!!! I am now at 178!joy.gif

Old 12-28-2010, 01:10 PM

well, this thread is keeping me accountable (read: I felt guilty) so I went and stepped on the wii to weigh and do a bit of exercising.  I was surprised to find that I hadn't really gained much at all.  I'm at 138.9, not bad after a long weekend of indulgence, but still the wrong direction.  Time to refocus. Step one- throw all the goodies in the garage freezer. 

Step two- plan a healthy January menu.

Step three- come up with further steps.

Hey, Babe  +  Me  =  Little Man 07-27-08  &  the Storm Sprite 07-11-10  computergeek2.gif    
Old 12-28-2010, 10:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am eating ice cream reading this bag.gif I still have to navigate what is essentially a second Christmas when family comes to town, DS 4th birthday and NYE.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:43 AM

Hahahaha... how did you know???? eat.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuglyRoo View Post

Yeah, definitely a bit quiet here, we are probably ALL hiding out with the leftover goodies from the holidays and all saying that we will be getting right back into our groove just as soon as all of them are eaten up.  At least, I know that is what I am saying shy.gif  I'm afraid to step on a scale this morning.  We had three days of entertaining and will have two more for New Years.  Time. to finish the veggie platter, minus the dip

Mama to my tribe
Old 12-29-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuglyRoo View Post

well, this thread is keeping me accountable (read: I felt guilty) so I went and stepped on the wii to weigh and do a bit of exercising.  I was surprised to find that I hadn't really gained much at all.  I'm at 138.9, not bad after a long weekend of indulgence, but still the wrong direction.  Time to refocus. Step one- throw all the goodies in the garage freezer. 

Step two- plan a healthy January menu.

Step three- come up with further steps.

I cleared all the sweets from the primo location on the counter and made them less accessible on top of the fridge. I will still let the kids have them for snacks but it won't be as tempting for me. I am still counting my PointsPlus so I am doing okay but teetering dangerously on the edge of control and really indulging too much than is healthy. I don't feel as well.

Mama to my tribe
Old 12-30-2010, 08:08 AM

I've been eating very healthy-even replacing my usual treats with sugar snap peas and such. And I've been exercising almost every day. And the scale says I'm up 6 lbs. How can this be? gloomy.gif

Old 12-30-2010, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

OKAY IM BACK! I actually got back on Monday night. Did you miss me?!

....and I'm up 2lbs. Whatever. I'm not going to stress over it yet. Just getting back on track this week, and hopefully it will come off as quickly as it went on. I still think I look pretty good, and as long as I can take control again (which I have so far) I figure there is no point going crazy. I figure a lot of it might be water weight, because I had way more diet soda than water the whole trip. And salty foods. And chocolate. oh dear. Just gotta drink a LOT of water to flush it out. And I hit the gym last night, so definitely back on track. Old Amanda would have just said "Forget it!" and indulged like crazy till the new year, since I already "messed up". This Amanda says its okay, and not to dwell on it and move forward. So here I go.

Anyway, so yeah the regular scale told me 140.7 this morning, so I imagine the wiifit would say 139ish since there is always a 2lb difference or so, so yeah, I'll just call it 2lbs. Good thing I never updated my first post weight to 137. That would have just been depressing to change.

And here is a picture of me from my trip, riding the merry go round with my daughter at Griffith Park. Dare I say my stomach almost looks flat? Key word almost. And this is a SITTING down picture. Those are usually the worst! That is one good thing I am noticing about my weight loss. No longer am I looking at pictures of me in disgust. I actually think I look like a normal weight person in most of them. I just wish I could see the same image in the mirror. Hopefully soon.

51.jpg

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
Old 12-30-2010, 01:14 PM

Still heading in the right direction 138.3 which is a new low, but only the first day that I've seen that number.  Funny, after we got married that was around where I hovered as a top number and is almost within my recommended weight of 120-135.  Almost there, just have to keep toning because I think that is where the trouble is.  Why does it seem like there is always a million things I need to do every day and yet I feel like I don't accomplish any of them?

Old 12-31-2010, 11:29 AM

I am having a really hard time controlling myself and my eating right now so I am hovering at about 170 again. I am going to give myself tonight since we alread have a bunch of snacks planned, but tomorrow starts a whole new ball game. We have been vegetarian for years but DH is finally coming to terms with the fact that eggs and dairy give him real digestive issues so we are going to cut way back on those things. We won't go completely vegan but we certainly won't be eating eggs for breakfast or having cheese pizza much any more. Should be an adventure but will hopefully result in healthier food choices.

I am going to try to start a journal of sorts of my habits I want to start in 2011 (notice I didn't say resolutions?) and being healthy is going to be number 1. I am trying to mak emy weight loss journey about being healthy rather than watching numbers so much.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:31 AM

Good job everyone who stayed on track or close to it! Me...not so much.  Hitting it hard again.  I am doing ediets since I have had luck in the past with that.  So I had 2 pcs of wheatbread with peanut butter, 1 egg and an orange.  I was thinking, my birthday is coming up in March and the one thing I want more than anything would be to weigh 153 (what I weighed before DD #1). So that is essentially 12 weeks and I have 14lbs to lose.  I have set up little mini-goals for me too.  My latest is if I can go 2 full weeks without cheating even a little, I get to buy some new clothes from a gift card that I got for Christmas.  So, every 2 weeks I am going to set up a small prize....pedi or something.  Feeling good!

Tags
Health Healing
User Tag List