Dingos Dashing Through the Snow ~ December Running Mamas Thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 597 Old 12-15-2010, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am better but dd2 vomited today. It was awfully stinky and on the bustrip home from a field trip 1.5 hours away. This marks 8 straight days of tummy upset here. Winter break cannot get here soon enough. I guess it is here as school really doesn't want to see my children again anytime soon. redface.gif I'd post more but I am feeling self conscious about my writing style.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#302 of 597 Old 12-15-2010, 02:04 PM
bec

Lofty - I think I would actually like doing it if I had someone to hold my hand and tell me/show me what to do!  I like the photography (right up my alley) and don't mind doing the collage portion.  But, the other stuff I am really just lost on, and it seems like such a monumental task right now, with deadlines VERY close! 

I have had a tension headache and have been fighting an anxiety attack ALL day.  The woman at the school I was out sick today, the email I wrote to the principal asking for the other volunteer's email has not been answered, and I don't have the email address of the woman who used to do it.  My current biggest problem is that I have NO idea how much this thing is going to cost.  It's not a fund raiser, so I am not to charge more than the cost of the book, but there is nothing in the information that I have that tells me how to figure that out!  With no one to answer my questions, I am left wanting to cry. 

mommajb - I hope everyone is feeling better and healthy soon.  I don't think anyone here holds forum posting to the same standard that they would hold a term paper.  LOL!!! 

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#303 of 597 Old 12-15-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bec View Post

mommajb - I hope everyone is feeling better and healthy soon.  I don't think anyone here holds forum posting to the same standard that they would hold a term paper.  LOL!!! 

LOL indeed! SO not the same thing. I hope the sickies leave soon, mommajb.

nut.gif bec, same goes for your yearbook assignment. No one is expecting perfection and anyone who is...should be doing the project themselves.

I did what I could today. Still need to do evening barn chores and finish folding laundry, but I got some paid work done, got a workout in and took the kids to the Y for some exercise and swim time. Also put an app in (not that I'm even hoping for a bite) for a position I could handle but don't want. Made a date with my boss to chat tomorrow. I called it a strategic planning session for my life. orngtongue.gif Got a kind email from the president, too, which could not have been more exquisitely timed.

Life goes on. A weekend of bday parties and then I am off to Ojo Caliente!

#304 of 597 Old 12-15-2010, 03:41 PM

hug.gif mommajb

Happy Birthday, Real's ddR. partytime.gif

oh and Sparkle, re: Ojo Caliente. I shot a sweet email with weblink and also mentioning yoga and the first response was that they would have to buy yoga clothes so... and then everyone else completely ignored all of my suggestions. So there ya go. rolleyes.gif

ETA:

Bec, that actually doesn't sound quite as fun as it sounded at first. Good luck!

Jooj yay on the meetings and barn chores and a good day, all in all.

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#305 of 597 Old 12-15-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bec View Post I don't think anyone here holds forum posting to the same standard that they would hold a term paper.

Indeed. That idea is probably the point of my crabbiness over term paper grading: audience people!  "Scientific paper"  implies a whole bunch of things, among them peer reviewed references. "Message board" post = informal language is a-ok.

Blech, I continue in a week of very cold. But good news: all my s**t is packed for my move to the other academic building. Now, on to writing the exams.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#306 of 597 Old 12-15-2010, 08:15 PM
bec

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftmama View Post

Bec, that actually doesn't sound quite as fun as it sounded at first. Good luck!

I know, right?!  Actually, taking the pictures, and putting them together is something that I really, really like to do, so that part of things doesn't bug me at all.  The part of me that likes to go into office supply stores and buy folders, and check out the cool pens and post it notes can get behind the idea of organizing each page, putting it into it's own envelope, and filling the forms for that.  But, not being able to figure out how much to charge?  Being 3 months behind on this when it was finally handed to me?  Having to hunt down the principal for email addresses of people that [i]might[/i] be interested in helping?  Not so much.  Ah well. 

I had a really intense, 45 minute swim in tri class tonight, which helped relieve some of that nervous energy.  I also made cookies for some of the teacher gifts, as well as for some kids of my BFF as a christmas gift (she doesn't want any clutter, and doesn't want to feel obligated to reciprocate with a large, involved outing, even though I told her it was TOTALLY not necessary).  And, then, after class, had DH put the kids to bed, while I hung out with said BFF and we drank wine and watched bad tv together.  She also gave me dinner.  So, I'm feeling much better about things, and am hoping that tomorrow will look up!

I have 3-4 miles to run tomorrow.  Plus a holiday party at DH's work tomorrow night.  Tis the season!

#307 of 597 Old 12-15-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Indeed. That idea is probably the point of my crabbiness over term paper grading: audience people!  "Scientific paper"  implies a whole bunch of things, among them peer reviewed references. "Message board" post = informal language is a-ok.

Amen, sister. And may I add to it that cite does not equal sight does not equal site. Just sayin'.

You guys are giving me waaaaaaay too much credit here. Seriously. I am not amazing nor inspirational. I am, in fact, barely holding it together. As evidenced by the fact that I am currently baking biscotti instead of studying for a major final exam that is 36 hours away. bag.gif

Track this morning was kind of a disaster, as could have been expected after yesterday's activities. Let's just say that there was not much "speed" in the speedwork. And then I took a nap this afternoon while DS was at school, instead of studying. Can you tell how much I want to study for this exam?

Oh, and dangling prepositions? wave.gif I am the queen.

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#308 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 04:50 AM

Yeah, I don't read here in grading mode! I also don't expect anyone here to plagarize and lie to me about it. <rueful grimace> Whatever grammatical irregularities find their way into a post don't even register. Unless they're my irregularities, and then I notice them later on and usually don't bother to edit. orngtongue.gif

I deployed four dozen donuts, 30 cookies, and 20 root beer floats this week to students and did not eat any myself. :) I am absurdly proud of myself. I was snippy with my colleague (and apologized) and am having a really hard time getting all excited for grading. No running today, but there's always tomorrow.

My kids' Sunday School ... event... is this weekend, in church, and they're doing the creation story (a unit on enviornmentalism and loving the earth was this fall, so...) Naturally I have to make props. I'm thinking of cutting out the sun, moon, and two stars from cardboard, and letting the kids make collages with fabric scraps in the general color family (so yellow/orange, yellow/white, and white/silver/blue?) and hot glue gun the fabric scraps onto the cardboard. It's recycled, it's easy, hot glue is fun. Does that sound impossibly ugly and pathetic, or cool and thrifty? shy.gif

Must. go. grade.

Then must go do some actual reflection on/discussion of my upcoming trip to Costa Rica, for which I am utterly unprepared. I'm leaving in early January, and so far have made an appointment to get my vaccines, and have bought a pair of sandals and a hat. I do have a passport. And plane tickets. But not much else!

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#309 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 04:51 AM - Thread Starter

Gaye ~ the fact that you're baking biscotti, not laying on the sofa doing nothing or aimlessy surfing the internet for hours (my preferred mode of procrastination), speaks volumes about your productivity!

bec ~ that sounds dreadful.  Hope you can round up some help on the yearbook project.

mommajb ~ hug2.gif

Jo ~ congrats on the nice letter from the boss!

We got another 2-3 inches of snow last night and a nice crunchy layer of freezing rain on top of that.  School is cancelled.  We'll see if my movers make it here to start packing.  I have my doubts!  I still need to separate all the things we'll need this weekend, so the movers don't box them up.  My PSA for the day:  NEVER plan a move for December!!!

Oh, and a sort-of-funny, sort-of-insulting story from yesterday ~ I went to DD2's preschool Christmas party and was helping out at a craft table.  One little boy sat down next to me, looked at me intently and declared, "You're OLD!"  I said, "Really?"  He said, "Yeah, you've got LOTS of wrinkles!"  Great..... eyesroll.gif Most of the Moms in there are at least 10 years younger than I am, but geez!

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#310 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 05:18 AM

JG: ROTFLMAO.gif & irked.gif at those comments at the craft table. Kids. eyesroll.gif

Penelope: That sounds crafty and cool! I love your idea, and it will be fun to do, not so much worry with neatness or whatever. It can be crazy colorful and fun!

Gaye:   Still, even your procrastination involves baking something. That's constructive procrastination!

I have put off a huge project until the last week myself. So here I sit, and I need to get this done by this weekend. It's still very do-able, but it's funny how I *always* seem to push things until I feel such pressure that I simply HAVE to put everything on the back burner, sit down and just pound out the work. Oh well, it's not that bad, and at the moment, everybody is doing pretty well and cheerful with the last few days of school and Christmas around the corner. DD2's school play is today, so that will be fun, and then piano this afternoon, which is nice but involves driving home in rush hour. I usually call my mom and talk while I'm driving. Yes, that's still legal in SC. bag.gif

FM: Ladies, I ran for 20 minutes straight yesterday. And it was really, really nice! (Except for the roving packs of dogs that get my dog all excited and make me shout at all involved dogs and spend the next few minutes muttering to myself angrily about said roving packs of dogs....) My knee is puffy - not painful at all. I'll take some vit. I and ice it while I'm sitting at the computer today. I actually felt like a runner out there again, though, and that was super nice.

Oh, and I totally missed this last year, but Charleston has a marathon now! Cool, huh? Last year was the first year, and it's held on MLK weekend. I will definitely go and maybe do the 5k with my DD. And there's a 30 and 60 mile bike ride the day after, so maybe I'll do the shorter one of those, too.

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#311 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 06:02 AM

Snow day! joy.gif
No upset tummies!joy.gif Yet. eyesroll.gif

We had the swim team Christmas party and all went well. I was to get the photographer. She was 20 minutes late but did show up. Then all the parents were shy about deciding to get photos done. Luckily the kids got into it and it went swimmingly. surf.gif We got the place all cleaned up and home at a decent hour. Well, it would have been late but as it turns out it wasn't a school night. We even got to bring home 3 pizzas, 2 bottles of rootbeer, a tray of cookies, and a jar of homemade blackberry jam.

We have 6+ inches with ice on top. Once I see the plow I hope to run then I have a hair appointment.

JayGee, I hope your movers show up soon.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#312 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 06:15 AM
bec

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post

Oh, and a sort-of-funny, sort-of-insulting story from yesterday ~ I went to DD2's preschool Christmas party and was helping out at a craft table.  One little boy sat down next to me, looked at me intently and declared, "You're OLD!"  I said, "Really?"  He said, "Yeah, you've got LOTS of wrinkles!"  Great..... eyesroll.gif Most of the Moms in there are at least 10 years younger than I am, but geez!

My response when some kid says something like that to me is, "Yeah?  Well, you're short!"  Queen of maturity, that's me!

#313 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 08:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

My response when some kid says something like that to me is, "Yeah?  Well, you're short!"  Queen of maturity, that's me!

biglaugh.gif

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#314 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 08:11 AM

JayGee, I'm sorry, that's funny. And irritating. I should let loose with some of the things my students say to me without realizing how insulting they're being. eyesroll.gif duh.gif

Getting anyone to do any work today or tomorrow is a losing battle. Sigh. Most of the students are sitting around chatting and eating candy canes. At least they have books in front of them. Maybe one or two might actually read a page.

3 very BLAH miles this morning. It was supposed to be 5 but I just had no mojo. Oh well. Always tomorrow. 20 on Saturday. Nervous, but not as much as I was the last time. Have I mentioned I CAN'T WAIT for vacation?!

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#315 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 08:48 AM

mommajb--your posts are always coherent. My students' posts and papers? Not so much. Carry on!

No mojo for a TM run last night. I'm blaming AF, which seems to be back after a six-month hiatus. Must. run. today.

Also must finish grading. And see if I can exchange a dress MIL got for R's birthday (she got the leggings for a playdress and a completely different dress. They do. not. match in the least. Besides, R would much rather have the playdress if the store has it). And hang laundry. And shower. All of which would be easier if J didn't want to be eternally latched on these days.

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 
#316 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 10:52 AM

I"m here, just have been swamped working 12 straight days as well as trying to get all the Christmas shopping done, cleaning, laundry, groceries, homework, hwelp at school etc.  I haven't run since the mole removal (I haven't heard anything yet) and it is still healing.  Dh kept touching it (forgetting about it :eyesroll) and it got really sore.  It's getting better now but still healing.  It was a biggin'. 

Roads were horrible this morning and i got stuck pulling into the school parking lot to drop the kids off at school.  Tried backign up twice to get some momentum but that didn't work.  Third time had to back up (with more cars pulling in behind me, no pressure!) and go to the other lane.  Got home and was in a cleaning mode.  I deep scrubbed both bathrooms (as I guess I'm the only one who does !) with bleach (which I don't like to do and rarely use, but it was bad) and baking soda.  Cleaning off kitchen counters and washed them down, three sinks of dishes by hand (dishwasher doesn't work), cleaned off table, swept floors, vacuumed carpets as well as stairs, made breakfast, lunch and dinner, got laundry going, and picked up ds3.  Now I'm enjoying a cup of coffee.  :) 

#317 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 01:53 PM
bec

I got my 3 miles in today!  It felt tough, and I ended up doing it maintaining a sub 11:00 pace, so it felt pretty fast (for me, I am humbled by all you single digit pace ladies!) and good.  Now, another holiday party!

#318 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Our packers arrived at noon, packed the entire upstairs and much of the downstairs.  They'll be back tomorrow to finish up the kitchen, laundry room and garage.  Meanwhile, my kids are deep in TV land since all the toys, games and art supplies are boxed up.  Doh!!!!  At least the older two went sledding for a good 2-3 hours this afternoon, so that's something.  I really hope the kids have school tomorrow, even if it's a delayed opening.  DS and DD1 need to empty their desks/lockers before we move out of town on Monday.

DH and I just made a pact to lose 15 pounds apiece and get back in shape.  I've fallen far since Halloween... and apparently, so has he!

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#319 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 02:21 PM

Oh, man.  I am so behind.  DD's birthday is Saturday, the house is a sty, and I work every night.  I have to bake a cake, buy a present, make a skirt, buy a pinata, make dinner for 3 families, and also continue to work on Christmas presents for next weekend.  Ugh.  I am suppose to craft tomorrow with a friend (which also has a fenced in yard so my dog gets to be crazy and tired out) but I don't know how to possibly fit it in.  Blah.  

/whine

#320 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post

Oh, man.  I am so behind.  DD's birthday is Saturday, the house is a sty, and I work every night.  I have to bake a cake, buy a present, make a skirt, buy a pinata, make dinner for 3 families, and also continue to work on Christmas presents for next weekend.  Ugh.  I am suppose to craft tomorrow with a friend (which also has a fenced in yard so my dog gets to be crazy and tired out) but I don't know how to possibly fit it in.  Blah.  

/whine

:ditto Almost everything you said down to the birthday on Saturday. Phew! Good Luck! thumb.gif

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#321 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 04:07 PM

nod.gif re: bad roads and behind and not ready for Christmas and needing a run...

Tomorrow. That's my hope, at least re: the running. The rest of it... only Jesus can help me now. orngtongue.gif (Although Jesus would be nice to have along on a run, come to think of it... he seems like a patient kind of dude.)

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#322 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 05:46 PM

Cooking bonanza this afternoon:
Pureed cauliflower soup w/ sauteed red onion and celery
Brussels sprouts and bacon (because I really do eat about a pound a day redface.gif)
Hamburgers with chopped grilled onions inside
And
Carrot cake for ds' class birthday celebration tomorrow that purportedly has 462 grams of fat per serving jaw.gif Please tell me that's a misprint!

FM: PT today. If nothing else, I got rubbed and tended to for an hour by a yummy, very nice man drool.gif I almost threw myself on him because he was being so nice and I have been so emotionally raw the past few weeks and he's so .... well, just hard to look at without throwing yourself at him redface.gif

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#323 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modmom View Post

I have to say that while I learned about the Jewish religion in my Catholic grade school I never met a Jewish person until college. 

We do have a Hanuka family fun night though!   We are huge Arthur fans here and in Arthur's perfect Christmas you learn about Hanukkah from Francine.  My girls learn more about other religions that I ever did.  The word ignorant seems so harsh but that's just me.  I was raised by immigrant parents who were limited in what they could expose us to but did their best to provide us with a good like.  I am grateful to have more resources to provide me girls with even more.

I never met anyone Jewish until long after college ...... my ex-bf's father was Jewish, and converted to Christianity. Found out later that my ex-bf returned to Judaism. I learned what extremely little I know about Jewish tradition in a philosophy course in college. 

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

#324 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope View Post

nod.gif re: bad roads and behind and not ready for Christmas and needing a run...

Tomorrow. That's my hope, at least re: the running. The rest of it... only Jesus can help me now. orngtongue.gif (Although Jesus would be nice to have along on a run, come to think of it... he seems like a patient kind of dude.)

This makes me laugh, in a good way. Now, I picture Him beside me, saying, "come on! you can do this!"

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

#325 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Add me to the Maturity Queens list ... I would have told him he was incredibly rude, or found his mother to see how old she looked, to make myself feel better. 

#326 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsmama View Post

t

The Nutcracker went well. Our seats weren't bad, and for as far up as we were, we could still see pretty well. DS was pretty entranced for the first act. Until about two minutes before intermission when he had to go potty RIGHT NOW. rolleyes.gif On the bright side, we got to the bathroom in time to beat the rush! He got a little antsy during the second half, but I could tell he was tired. He said he liked it, which since my kid isn't one to really gush over things, is a pretty good sign that he did, in fact like it. orngtongue.gif I decided to take him out for dinner afterward, since neither one of us had really eaten lunch, and I realized I had a $25 Applebees gift card in my purse. Wouldn't have been my first choice for dinner, but it was good, and DS ate a ridiculous amount of food. He was getting pretty loopy and out of control by the end of dinner, but it was really just a nice afternoon/evening with my number one little guy. Man, I love.gif that kid.

I LOVED the Nutcracker ... have only seen it live one time, long before any of my children were born. I thought about taking DD#2 this year (4.5), but opted to wait until next year, since she'll be starting dance after Christmas. 

Glad to hear you all had a good day!

#327 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootzdawta View Post

I'm tentatively joining you all . . . I feel like everyone already knows everyone so I'm a little intimidated!

I started running this year.  I do about 10 miles a week.  I'm surprised with how much I enjoy it especially since it was torture in college.  But in college, I ran on the track (around and around) and I realize I need to be outside going somewhere.  I missed my run this Sunday waiting on some appropriate cold-winter gear.  I had tried cobbling together some stuff that I thought would be warm and found myself 30 minutes from home just freezing and miserable so I didn't go out this past Sunday.  I run in the mornings too before my family gets up so it's usually 28-30 degree and lately there's been some stiff winds.  I really want to keep going throughout the winter but I'm nervous that I won't be able to.  Like a track, I don't think I could handle the treadmill (psychologically) so I know I'd have to brave the cold.  

Also, I think I may feel cold more acutely because I'm mildly anemic.  I know I need to start supplementing but . . . I don't know why I can't get with the program.  I hate taking vitamins!!

So any cold-weather running advice for the newbie would be awesome!  :)

I lurked for about a month before I piped up, so I know where you're coming from!

Cold weather is my bugaboo, too. I just hit the treadmill, since I am a TOTAL baby about being cold. It took me seriously about a week and a haf to conquer the treadmill. I still dislike it, but I'd rather do that than freeze. 

I have a race(4K) this weekend, and the high here is predicted to be 30. Right now, we just got hit with an ice storm, so I'm not looking forward to the weather Sat. I'm planning on wearing:

running tights

long pants (wind pants) over that

tank top UNDER my long sleeve tech shirt

haven't figured out what I'm doing for a top layer yet.

Ear headband thing

GLOVES, probably with hand warmers inside. 

Makes me cold thinking about it. 

#328 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
. lol.gif Dorky uv arm warmers are on my list. Last year I ran a very cold 10 mile race on Jan 1. Coming home with frost on the outside of my hat and pants is fun orngtongue.gif

I think the arm warmers are cool ... I saw some REALLY flashy ones somewhere ....if I figure it out, I will link up

#329 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 07:07 PM

Birthday is Monday, but family party Saturday, friends' party Sunday, flight Monday. I do have a gift I need to buy before I go, and I need to wrap dd's presents and get invites for her school friends (that will happen after I get back) and a school bday treat (thinking cuties). Also need to pick up another heated water dish for the chickens, water softener salt, two cakes (yes, I am delegating)...we're out of milk again and I can't just run out with dh gone. irked.gif Need to pay the bills and do the banking and see if I can figure out where I put the new box of checks that came in the mail. dizzy.gif I can't find my head.

Bright side, tomorrow at work is the holiday brunch (and then they close for the afternoon), so I am not going in, also taking a rest day from the Y, and getting all the above errands done before 1120 when I have a lunch date with a friend who turned 40. If I can get it all done without having to drag the kids out after dark, then I win.

And hopefully dh will soon let me know when his flight gets in, so I can pick him up from the airport. He apparently accepted another bday invite for Saturday and will have to go on his own. And I don't care if the house is a pit for company on Sunday. There. I said it. As long as I have my bags packed.

OMG. I have a week off in just a couple days.

loftmama likes this.
#330 of 597 Old 12-16-2010, 08:32 PM

Jo--almost there! Here are goodvibes.gif for the rest of it.

goodvibes.gif to everyone preparing for Saturday parties.

Went to the mall to exchange a birthday gift for R (too big and didn't match), attempted to stay after school to decorate the classroom for tomorrow's party but that got delayed 'til tomorrow, went to Jo-Ann's and Target to get gift for R's BF's birthday party on Saturday, stopped to wish my sister a happy birthday, hung laundry, and ran 5 miles outside in light snow after dinner.

Whew.

Now I am going to finish grading and then I'm going to snack on birthday cake and dark chocolate almond milk and maybe some chocolate coconut peanut butter balls. They're good. eat.gif

Also, Baby Legs do not make good knee warmers. Now you know.

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 

Tags
Running L Productions , Health Healing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page