Starting Tupler Technique, need company with the belly issue - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-20-2010, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is anyone doing or going to start the tupler technique? I have just started it a few days ago and would love to have some company.

So finally I have decided to do something about it....'ve got a 4 finger seperation after delivering a 9.5 lb over 2 yrs ago. Am in the normal weight range but look 5mths pregnant due to belly fat and the diastasis recti..... I guess if I am diligent in the process, it could flatten out my belly to some extent atleast... so I cross my fingers! Does anyone have any ideas that may help?

#2 of 4 Old 04-26-2011, 09:01 AM

I know this is a little late, but yes, I've started this too. At first I was just doing the exercises in the book but then I broke down and bought the splint and the DVD. I'm glad I did. 24 hrs after wearing the splint my diastasis was much improved, the pooch was back "in" and my umbilical hernia was gone. I'm on the first week of the routine, wearing the splint 24/7. My diastasis was large, around 8 or 9. Now about 6 at the largest point.

#3 of 4 Old 04-28-2011, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

As a twin mom, I definitely had a PP five months pregnant look.  What works for me is using a balance ball as a chair.  I think it's made a huge difference!

Mom to : Belle and Izzy
#4 of 4 Old 06-07-2013, 01:41 PM

Ok, now this is wayyyy late, but, I am 3 months post with my second child and have been researching ways to get my belly down. I look like I'm 5-6 months preggers and it's so frustrating. I look about 3 months pregnant and by the end of the day i look 6 months along with a bouncy ball type of feel to my stomach. My 2yr old ds just loves pushing in my tummy and squishing his little face into it... lol..I ask him what he will do once I lose my tummy but I feel so discouraged sometimes. I started doing the pelvic floor exercises and the sitting elevator ones about 4 days ago. I also try to be mindful of sitting up straight while bf dd. Will update once I'm 1- 2 weeks in I guess. :-) may do some before and afters as well.

Tags
Health Healing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page