"I resolve to run with the Dingos in 2011" January thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 04:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Nemesis, grouphug.gif to your family. I am so sorry, mama.

LaLaLaLa, here's to health. I hope it's a quickie bug.

Nick, I seem to be getting a thing, too. I have echinacea and zinc and that's where I am going.

I worked all day at the office yesterday and got little done. Today I have a bit of a different plan. I want to start with my workout (because it makes for a better day), then hit the library before going in for a couple hours in the office. A million little things are diving me insane there, and dh still has not heard back when he should have on Friday. Did he follow up with a call? Well, of course not, so now we wait either until he gets the sense to call them or they call him, and either way it is killing me. I look around me at all the stuff I will need to unwind if it does happen, and I think of dh and his work frustrations if it doesn't happen, and both make me feel desperate and ill--but frankly, the way work has been going for dh concerns me more. I am ready to take care of the full liquidation of all we have, and do it with a smile, if it means dh will begin to feel respected and appreciated at work. In other words, no matter what goes down, it will be a crazy ride. And it could be either exciting crazy or depressing crazy. Hoping for exciting.

#302 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 06:06 AM

Jo ~ What a ride!

Mommajb ~ I want to go to LLL with you.  I miss my group in AZ, plus the scones sound lovely. ;)

Gaye ~ Wowza woman!! 

L4 ~ Good luck on the sick front.  I hope your home is free of flu soon!

PO7 ~ Way to go on C25K!  

I did my 10th day of 100s last night and PM yoga.  I really liked the routine and have started bookmarking them from YouTube.  If anyone wants suggestions for good 15-20 minute yoga videos, I got some. ;)

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#303 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 08:18 AM

nemesis - I just want to say again that I am so sorry about your DH's uncle. The story is horrifying. Also, what kind of job do you do where you walk so much in one day?? And your coworker is an idiot.

nic - good luck with your recovery!

PO7 - we're on the same track for c25k. I just did day 1 of week 2 yesterday as well. I started week 1 last week without knowing it. Running how I felt, 60 seconds of running and 90 seconds of jogging smile.gif I think this is the better plan for me right now because I really want to gain my speed back and even though I can run a 5K, it is horribly slow so I really need to ease back into it. I also biked for 30 minutes and did 20 minutes of weights. I have a lot of weight to lose as you can see in my siggy, so simply training for a 5k is not going to cut it right now.

We were supposed to meet with a team tomorrow to discuss a plan for DS's occupational therapy. It got cancelled due to the imminent storm. Hopefully we'll meet next Wednesday and then we have his genetic consult next Thursday. I'm pretty nervous. He was born with a dysplastic multicystic kidney (which is no longer detectable, so one healthy kidney remains), he had physical therapy from 9 months - 2 1/2 years at which time they didn't continue because he was only significantly delayed in his large motor development and needed to be delayed in more than 2 areas to be reimbursed by CDS. Now, he is showing signs of a sensory processing disorder and difficulty with both fine and large motor skills for his age. He turned 3 in August and I'm hoping that he's just 6 months behind like he's always been and that we will see a great improvement with therapy. His sister had an aortic coarctation (DD2) and my sister died at 3d old from an interrupted aortic arch; hence, the desire/need for a genetic consult.

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#304 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 08:43 AM

MM thats sounds like a lot going on Im glad your found some transional medical covrage

lalalala  boo to vomiting children hope it get better soon !

mommajab LLL meetings rock have a good time !

afm

Im spending the morning cleaning and trying to get reorganzed food wise I was doing great and post cristmas Ive been really disorganzed and skiping meals must not skip meals so Im really trying to get back on track this week ! esspessaly sense if all goes acording to plan I will be pregnate again in a few  weeks !  found out the baby store by me is now offering a mommy baby palateis class Im really exectoed for something I can bring DS to . work out plan for today is wii  fit during DSs nap if that happens before I go to work . first day working today dingos wish me luck

#305 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 08:59 AM

MM ~ that's a lot on your plate.  Given all those health issues, I'm especially glad you found insurance coverage hug2.gif

Gracie ~ EAT!!!!  Hope you get that positive you're hoping for in a few weeks.

Jo ~ you can handle it.  I know it's hard, and all the uncertainty is enough to drive you batty, but you are amazing.  Just keep reminding yourself of that!

It snowed about 2" inches here last night, but the kids went to school right on schedule.  Now it's just blowing snow like crazy.  I dragged my poor kitty to the vet this morning because he can't stop sneezing.  He needs to go back tomorrow to get a nasopharyngeal scope to look for polyps.  Wooosh.... there goes more money flying out of my wallet...  And I can't find the plunger since we moved and someone (either child A, B, or C) clogged up the toilet off the kitchen.  Yuck!

Off to the Y for a swim now though.  After that, all will seem right with the world again.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#306 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 09:26 AM

Gracie ~ EAT!!!!  Hope you get that positive you're hoping for in a few weeks.

thank you if I do get the positive please keep telling me that same thing for say the next few years

#307 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 10:43 AM

MM - We can cheer each other on! I have a lot of weight to lose too. I have been plagued with health issues for the last 3 years, that has hampered my running and kept me from doing enough to keep the weight off....add a pregnancy in there too, and now I have a good 45lbs to lose. I still have the endurance, so mentally I want to get out there and run 5 miles at a time. I'm using c25k to slowly work my way back into running and retrain my muscles so I don't end up injured.
#308 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 11:42 AM

Hope everyone feeling ill or dealing with ill children has a quick recovery and a ton of patience.  

Jen I would love the links to the quick yoga workouts you like.  I have a hot vinyasa class I love to go to, but it is over an hour away and I can not get there during ski season.  I miss it.  As for Reiki, I have my level 3 but have not taught or been active outside of my immediate family in 3 years.  I used to be a part of an active Reiki circle of healers, but I gave it up for more time with family and now that my kiddos are growing and I would love to get back into it, my circle has disbanded..... Something will happen when the time is right.

Jo, I hope the lack of information is not killing you.  It must be so hard.

Nic, good luck with your recovery, and your coworker is scary ignorant.  A science teacher at that.  No wonder people wonder about the state of education.eyesroll.gif

Another healthy eating day here, but I need to still get my workout in tonight somehow.  Small son was up for almost 4 hours last night.  He wasn't sad, just awake.  So, when I got to sleep at 2 I could not get up at 4, not to mention I had a little boy asleep across me.  So, must somehow do something tonight.....I WILL I  WILL and I will report back for accountability.

Gracie:  Good luck!!!!!  I hope you get your positive

Aimee, wife to Chris, mom to two amazing boys 8/06 and 4/09. Reliving childhood with the boys.
#309 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 12:02 PM

Maybe PO7 can answer this. In my house on this snow day I have
a 3 yo boy
a 5, 7, 8, 10, and 12 yo girl
a 12 yo boy and a 14 yo boy

Why am I being asked to play the orchard game? Why can they not play together without me? I don't mind the in and out of snow gear or the pile at the door. I don't mind the wii, the game pieces from the boys (heroscape/d&d etc) or even the food. I am even ignoring my own rule about not using playsilks to tie each other up (generally I frown on this). I don't want to play games!

I am trying to work in the kitchen cooking and cleaning along the way. I went in there to start dinner on the slow bake but have made one project and snack after another. (Part of it is my fault in that I took all the scones to LLL and left my kids at home. They found evidence and wanted scones) Just go play! If newspapers are delivered go offer to read to the blind! I love you. Leave me alone for 3 minutes. If the bathroom door is shut do not knock, do not enter, do not stand outside the door saying "Momma?" Yes you can cut out tiny hearts and color them red. I'll vaccuum later! Or you can vaccuum later.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#310 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 12:36 PM

I feel your pain, mommajb!  We didn't even have school cancelled today and I've played enough "stuffed animals at the veterinarian" to last me a lifetime.

But, I also dragged myself to the Y pool and swam 2000 yards.  Is it bad of me that I like the fact that my new Y pool is yards instead of meters so I don't have to swim quite so far for a lap?!

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#311 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 12:41 PM
bec

Yep, that's too many children for any of them to expect you to play with them! 

Jo - I have my fingers crossed that is crazy exciting.  You have a lot on your emotional plate that is going to be adding to your actual to-do list regardless of how it goes.  It is always worse for me when I am out of control and just waiting for the answer. 

MM - I'm so glad you have interim health care!  That's a lot to contend with!

FMR - I got 2600 yards swum at the gym today.  It felt really good. 

In other life goings on - It snowed/is snowing, and we have a ton of it.  Of course this evening is the big kids' winter concert at school, so we will have to figure a way to get kids through snow with nice clothes on.  But, they are excited.  I am starting to make progress on the yearbook stuff.  I have a couple of the class montages done, and hope to get the rest done by the end of the week.  We are also getting a bunch of orders!  We have a minimum number of 100, and we are already up to 83.  We will send out another mailing next week, as well as some follow up emails, and I think we'll be fine.  This was my latest anxiety, that we wouldn't have enough orders, and all this work would have been for nothing!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#312 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 12:55 PM

mommajb ~ You shouldn't have to be the home entertainment system today.  What the heck?!

Searcher ~ Here are some links:

PM Yoga  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zohLERGZ-U

Balancing and Hips http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph77ShWzFJQ&feature=channel

Hip Openers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS6NuXYHdtY&feature=related

Yoga for runners http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUbMAJbaVXs

If you ever want to exchange a distance session, just let me know.  I am a level 2 but pretty new... so we would probably balance each other well. :)

Back to reading Hunger Games before dd wakes up. 

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#313 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 02:45 PM

mommajb - holy cow, and they should be able to amuse themselves. My 2, 3, and 4 year olds can amuse themselves for the most part. They need me for diaper changes, food, and mess clean-up. They snuggle a lot and I love that =)

My washer died today. I'm freaking out. My dad came over and figured out the part he thinks it needs. The part is $60 unbudgeted $ and it might not even work greensad.gif My kids outerwear stink, so I was going to wash them. I will be driving over to my 'rents tomorrow to do laundry. It's 15 minutes away and that huge snowstorm is supposed to hit tonight. I'm a pretty good snow driver so long as there aren't idiots on the road.

I'm waiting patiently for DH to get home so I can go to the gym. I'm loving the time to myself. I don't love the treadmill so much, but it's great to sweat. smile.gif I burn so much steam there. I'm glad I have all my cyber buddies now - it's really a big help at this stage in my life smile.gif

Oh, a coworker of mine (we've worked together on and off for 6 years) got accepted to veterinary school today!! I'm so excited for her! And so dreaming of my future redface.gif I'm happy with my choice to have children before my career, but nervous and anxious to get started. Time to pull out the science books and start studying for the MCAT smile.gif

#314 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 02:51 PM

I need some wise dingo advice right now, in the worst way. I feel completely powerless and don't know what to do.

XH has been dating a girl from the neighborhood he grew up in (in Ohio) for several months. I think I mentioned this awhile back. I have no problem at all with that or with their relationship in general, except for the fact that she's in Ohio. She has a 3 year old, and her divorce was not as amicable as ours, so apparently her moving here is not really an option. He hinted several months ago that he was thinking about moving back to Ohio this summer to be closer to her and to his family, and I told him at that time that I thought it was a pretty lousy idea. Well, apparently his lease is up in March and he thinks he has to make a move then if he's going to.

I just don't see how this can be a good thing in any way, except for that DS would get to see X's family more often. From a logistics standpoint, I don't see how flying back to Ohio frequently to see his father is going to work well, especially once he starts school full-time next year. And once he potentially gets involved in sports and activities, it's going to be even worse! I'm not comfortable with him flying by himself for at LEAST several more years, so someone would have to fly with him both ways.

From a purely selfish standpoint, I treasure the time I get to myself on the weekends. I love DS more than life itself, but my entire life is planned around him, from what I can do for a workout and when (because I have to either take him with me or plan it when he's at school or his dad's) to any activities with friends to when I can study and do my homework (only when he's in bed). And while I do enjoy my "me" time when he's with his dad, if it's longer than a few days, I start feeling like a piece of myself is missing.

And most of all, I worry about DS and how it would affect him emotionally. I don't ever want him to think that he wasn't good enough or lovable enough and that's why his dad moved away from him. greensad.gif

Talk me down, here...I've already sent him an email detailing (and going into more details, even) the things I've listed here. I don't want to come off as the bitter and angry ex-wife, who's just trying to make things difficult for him, because that's really not what this is about. It's about what's best for DS (and to a lesser extent, me), and I just don't see any way that this could be good.

help.gif

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#315 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 03:04 PM

Gaye, while everything you've written is very logical to me it is also outside the realm of my experience. The best I can do is to say, while keeping the long-term in mind, don't borrow trouble and remember that everything always changes again sooner or later. It would be a mistake to think that is move onthe part of your ex would be permanent or the last change he will introduce. hug.gif

The kids weren't so bad this afternoon, I just thought that when I opened up the house they might entertain themselves rather than spend the afternoon asing me questions and wnating me to play along. There are worse things. For example, our glue smelled rotten. My glue went bad?! So we made skanky smelling glittery cards. OUr friends will love us. Maybe I'll add confetti and mail them if tomorow is another snow day.

On to dinner...

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#316 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 03:06 PM

hug.gif Gaye. Is it possible that maybe he could live with you during the school year and spend the summer and maybe school breaks with his Dad? That's the only way I could see it working. I also know that they offer flight attendants specifically for supervising young children. Maybe look into that for the flying portion? I can't imagine what you are going through and I'm not even sure if my suggestions are feasible. There's no way for it not to be tough and emotional and you XH must understand that?

#317 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 03:40 PM

Mommajb- when I have a house full of kids like that I don't entertain. I cook and provide entertainment, but that's it. I am not the entertainment! I hope your day got better.

RR: finished Day 2 week 2. Feeling pretty good about it. I walked about 30 minutes after I finished the running just to get some extra time on my feet.
#318 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 03:43 PM

PO7 - are you running 3 days a week or more?

#319 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 03:44 PM

Hey there, Gaye. I guess most likely he will move when his lease is up? Hm, it's very hard to picture long term how this is going to work out, but I think my advice right now would be to try not plan for that long term. What Mommajb said, things might change *again* so maybe just focus on this upcoming year only. Things like how to manage visits with his dad and his family, how long and frequent, who will do the traveling with him, some weekend help for you (possibly the nanny?) just so you have some time to work out and study. I would think that longer visits would be inevitable, just because of the logistics involved. 

FWIW, we have done the unaccompanied minor thing with the airlines. The flight attendants were so nice and made a big fuss over any of our kids who flew alone, it was kind of a treat for them.

Mostly, just hug2.gif Things will work out and settle down into a routine, just a new one. And it's not all on your shoulders - your XH should be sharing the burden of figuring out how to make things work, too.

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#320 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 05:51 PM

Gaye, logistics question: what did your custody agreement say? I ask because my boss was in a similar position a long time ago when his XW wanted to move out of state, so they had to go back and rework some things. It shouldn't all be on you and/or on your son. Maybe your XH should be the one to have to travel back to see his son, you know? And maybe you deserve more child support if your XH places himself where he isn't doing his share of the parenting.

MommaJB, you crack me up. I hope they left you alone for 20 seconds, but I know around here it never happens that way when you most need it emotionally.

Dingos, I am having some issues. The cough has returned again and so has the painful rib thing. I need to hoist myself back to the doctor I guess. It's been 6 weeks since I had the z-packbut I swear this is just irritated membranes or something.

#321 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 06:00 PM

MM- I'm running five days a week. It's just what my usual routine was, and I would like to get back to it. I hate most forms of other excersise, so it is rare that I do any type of cross training unless I consider yard work cross training.

I am sticking to the week two routine for the whole week even though it says to only run three days.
#322 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 06:04 PM

Intro: Hi, I'm Bethany...a SAHM to two kids...Max (aka the Moose) who is 2.5 yrs old and Tallulah (aka the Tool Belt...I know I know...ask my husband), 3 months. I'm also an English major working on finishing my bachelor's degree. 

Why I run: Initially I started running with my son so I could lose the baby weight. But as time went on and I realized I could do fun things like races, I got more and more into it. In 2009, I ran my first half marathon and then my first full marathon. Now I would say that I run because it makes me a better mom and a better wife. The days I run are the days I feel the best about myself and about my life. It's gotten to the point that if I am having a bad day, my DH will actually kick me out of the house to go run, because he knows I'll come back in a much more pleasant state of mind. I swear the man knows me better than I know myself. :)

Goals: I really wanted to incorporate variety into my training this year...I burned myself out training for a 1/2 and a full in one year. I'm interested in doing the Minneapolis Duathlon this year, which is a running and biking event. I also would like to do the Twin Cities marathon again or maybe the Chicago marathon instead. I'd like to start doing triathlons but can't afford the gym membership to access the pool. Right now I'm just trying to get myself back into decent enough shape so that I can start a training plan. It's been difficult, though...Tallulah was a 9 lb baby and my pelvis doesn't seem to have quite recovered from it yet...even though it's 3 months later. Arggggh. My first race is the Get Lucky 7K in March so hopefully I'll have it together (no pun intended) by then. 

#323 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 07:20 PM

Hi Bethany. Welcome. I'm in MN too. Although I suspect if you're calling your location the Tundra either you don't like snow or you live someplace less beautiful than the shore of Lake Superior.... be gentle with yourself getting back into the swing of it.

PO67: you've been away too long. cross training = code word in this forum for something you do with your partner. So needless to say I was laughing at your post :P

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#324 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 08:11 PM

Kerc, I knew that, and I considered my usage of the term. I figured that since I was speaking about the technical aspects of running and training it wouldn't be misconstrued. I have six kids.....I know what cross training is. LOL orngbiggrin.gif
#325 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balancin1 View Post

Gaye, logistics question: what did your custody agreement say? I ask because my boss was in a similar position a long time ago when his XW wanted to move out of state, so they had to go back and rework some things. It shouldn't all be on you and/or on your son. Maybe your XH should be the one to have to travel back to see his son, you know? And maybe you deserve more child support if your XH places himself where he isn't doing his share of the parenting.

Yeah, our parenting plan says that neither one of us can move out of the metro area without the agreement of the other party. So, I could really make it hard on him if I wanted to, but I won't. It's not worth the stress, the time, or the money that a legal battle would cost. At a minimum, we would have to pay the mediator for at least a few hours to modify the parenting plan. And I would certainly advocate for increased child support to at least help pay for additional childcare costs for me.

I just don't understand it. How can he want to leave his child behind? He even acknowledges that he's putting his own happiness first. Not that the welfare of his family has ever stopped him from doing that before. rolleyes.gif He's trying to play it off like it's NOT all about the GF, but I'm not stupid. Sure, he's enjoyed spending a little more time with his family lately, but he's not moving back to Ohio for them. He also says that it's partly because he doesn't have any friends out here, and he says he's envious of the life I've built for myself here. Well, you know what? That life didn't just fall in my lap. I've worked hard to build my social network by forcing myself to get out and meet people. And my social life is ok, but I don't think it's nearly as great as he thinks it is. I mean, seriously, I spend most weekend nights sitting alone on my couch, even if I don't have DS.

He says that the GF would like to live in Denver (her sister lives out here) but just can't do it now, for some reason. But it may be possible in a few years? I don't know how that works. And why if it might be possible in a few years, it's such a big rush for him to move now. For pete's sake, they've only been together for like 6 months!

Ok, anyway. Whatever will happen will happen, and I'll make it work, just like I always do. It just sucks that I'm the one who always gets screwed. Not to mention that I don't know how I could possibly ever think about doing a full Ironman in the next few years without even the small amount of parenting support I get now. Sigh.

On the bright side, I worked a couple of basketball games tonight, did absolutely zip, and DS was superbly well-behaved, so I made some really easy money! Tomorrow...10 hours of orientation for new nursing students...yeehaw... orngtongue.gif

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#326 of 775 Old 01-11-2011, 11:17 PM

hbog--I wasn't very fast when I started (probably 11ish miles) but I've gotten faster with time and speedwork. Speedwork is key. Cross-training and strength-training helped too because I've had my fastest times when doing those.

Nick--so, which next marathon are you thinking of? lol.gif Tell your co-worker that no, you aren't normal: you're so much BETTER than normal! Also, you might be amused by this video:
http://roadid.posterous.com/marathon-runners-are-misunderstood

MM--glad you have the insurance settled for now.

La4--: lol.gif about the nose plug. I hate getting water up my nose though, so my sister and I used them all the time when we were kids.

bec--sounds like great progress.

tjsmama--your XH is being a moron. My guess is that he'd be with her for two years tops and then will be tired of her and ready to find someone new (repeat every 2-3 years for the next couple of decades). Plus you're completely right that it will be very difficult with him in school. If this really happens, you could probably write the custody agreement to include that it's his responsibility to accompany him on flights. I know there's the unaccompanied minor thing, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with that either unless it was a direct flight (and maybe not even then). Also, yes, it's all about the girlfriend. Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh on your behalf.

Did 3 on the TM tonight and now am hoping to cross a couple more things off my list before bed.

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 
#327 of 775 Old 01-12-2011, 04:45 AM

Gaye, you're also right that whatever happens, you'll manage to make it a really good life for you and ds.

Also, another wise DIngo said, too, everything changes and continues to change. Once ds is in school, he will begin to make his own circle of friends, and with them might come some new mom friends, and new supportive people. And while your purpose in life is clearly not to attach yourself to another man and partner up (unlike maybe some people you know), you could well find yourself in a supportive and loving relationship in coming months/years. You're clearly open to new opportunities and people. You're not afraid to take risks and invest in learning new things (hello, nursing school!). Whatever lies ahead, you will make it amazing and not allow yourself to be screwed.

RR: Y workout in the AM, went to work and felt ill, came home. Something is settling in my throat/chest. So today I'm going in to the office because if I stay home I won't get anything done, and then my kids are home at noon, so we'll likely all hit the Y at 1230, then dd has dance and I might do yoga with my teacher-friend.

No word yet on the job wrangle. I am minute-by-minute as far as my state. We all prayed together over it last night, and it is simply an exercise in patience at this point. And trying to live in the present. I guess I have always tended to be more invested in future than present, and now the habit is causing me difficulty. At least I can see my problem for what it is (internal).

Good news: down 7 pounds from the start of the year as of yesterday. I really do un-bloat and shape up nicely when I lay off the sugar, exercise regularly and train my muscles.

#328 of 775 Old 01-12-2011, 05:06 AM

PS: Balancin, watch out for pneumonia, mama. Get seen.

#329 of 775 Old 01-12-2011, 06:17 AM

SNOW DAY SNOW DAY SNOW DAY !!!!!joy.gifbouncy.gif The mom, teacher, slacker and skier in me are all happy at the same time.  A day to get in a couple good workouts, play with my kiddos and take back my house.  So far I have 1 hr on the trainer and my hundreds, plants watered, wood done, breakfast and snuggles with the littles and now they are playing.

I did get 45 minutes on the trainer last night while holding my needy little being who is on night two of almost no sleep.  Does that make it a better or worse workout and me a good mom or a not so good mom????shy.gif

Gaye...UGHHHHH.  Clearly he is not thinking of your little boy and the burden is on you.   

Jo, you are in my thoughts in this time of unknowing...

Jen, thanks for the yoga links, maybe I will make time today.

Aimee, wife to Chris, mom to two amazing boys 8/06 and 4/09. Reliving childhood with the boys.
#330 of 775 Old 01-12-2011, 06:22 AM

Gaye big kiddos to you for

Quote:
Yeah, our parenting plan says that neither one of us can move out of the metro area without the agreement of the other party. So, I could really make it hard on him if I wanted to, but I won't. It's not worth the stress, the time, or the money that a legal battle would cost. At a minimum, we would have to pay the mediator for at least a few hours to modify the parenting plan. And I would certainly advocate for increased child support to at least help pay for additional childcare costs for me.

I was on a flight this xmas with a dad who had flown out to Denver, picked up his 10yo and flew back (same day). He did it every month and at christmas and the summer.They skype daily. I *think* one of the parents moved for a job. Anyhow I agree you push for more childcare $$ and he flies with kidlet every time.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page