"I resolve to run with the Dingos in 2011" January thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

MM, that is creepy!    

Jo- grouphug.gif   So much going on...  

Great job on the 100s!    I need to do some yoga today to keep my goals going.  I did a full 45 minute routine on Monday and it was great.  I am hoping for 30 today, since the kids are up and around. 

I am so over this part time job.  There was always the reassurance from DH when I was job-searching that if it was too much, I could quit.  Well, it's too much.  And I am so much better at being frugal than I am at managing all of these things.  I've been working 30+ hour weeks nearly every week (last week I called in sick twice and still had over 20) and well.. I dont' really care about money that much.  redface.gif   I want a solid 20hrs or less a week.  I want some extra cash to cover homeschooling materials and running related things, or to help get up the money for bulk food orders.  That sort of stuff.   But just as soon as I am making more, my Dh goes out and spends more.  I just don't want this and it is too much.  My DH is doing overtime now, too, while they fill a director's position that is suddenly empty.  

I need more time with my family and I need the time I have to be less stressful.  What will I do when I have a garden this summer?  As it is, I have NO time for soap.  And there is finally a really cool show going on in March.  I was invited by a group of crafters I know and I would like to do it, but I don't have the time.  

Blah blah blah.  Sorry, Dingos.  

I haven't talked to my friends today, but it is apparent that I need a run.  goodvibes.gifom.gif

#122 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 09:17 AM
bec

To whoever was on board for going refined sugar free.  I'm on day 3 of South Beach, in an effort to get back to my size 10's (and then back to my size 8).  blush.gif  I figure I have about 30-40 pounds to lose, and really want to make that a goal.  I want to be able to get down those 30 pounds and sustain that weight.  I feel better about myself when I'm a little thinner.  I feel more in control.  I'm already feeling better.  I generally feel bogged and bloated with all the holiday carbs, and am glad to be feeling like I'm heading in the right direction!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#123 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

flowersforyou.gif     to all of my DIngo friends!

I have started hanging out on the C25K thread and will work my way back into being here. This fall and early winter was bad for the asthma and so I didn't do any much running duck.gif

Some of you might remember my adventure a few winters ago when I got stuck in a snow storm and took nearly 3 days to get home. Last night I had to make the same drive - but this time when the snow got heavy I had the sense to turn around. If it is really bad where the radio says the roads are fine, why would I drive 3 hours north into the area of road closures? I thought of some of you and knew I could never show myself here again if I did a repeat performance! I drove home this morning and everything was fine - and we now have enough snow that I can try out my new showshoes after I get a little work done!

#124 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 09:24 AM

Nemesis, I find the same things to be true, that the added stress somehow offsets the financial gain. I was trying to work two jobs last year and it was just not worth it. I had to scale back, and lo, we spent less money so it was better financially too. Not that we still couldn't use substantially more income...

I am not going to the gym today despite my ambitions yesterday. I feel great for the starter workout I did yesterday but had a 35-min coughing episode last night and don't want to push it too hard. Holding myself back when starting is SO HARD.

And, does anyone have any good lower back stretches/hip openers? I am very stiff this morning. Forward bends are not helping so far, but maybe I am not giving them enough time.

#125 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 10:00 AM

Balancin, how about the pigeon pose? That one, and lean forward over the bent leg. That stretch makes my hips feel *incredible*.

MM: and this guy wanted to friend you on FB? Yuck. Make sure all your pics are hidden. What a weirdo.

Nick, are you feeling any better with the cold symptoms? I don't have any advice on the username thing. It might be worth doing, though. It would make me uncomfortable.

Hi Shanti! I'm doing c25k, too. I'm so glad you didn't get stuck in the snow this time!

Bec: I'm supposed to be ref. sugar-free, but... I am not sticking to it very well. Still, I won't give it up, and figure that even an improvement in my diet will help. The way you described feeling more in control when the weight is within a certain range, I can totally relate to that. Last fall/winter was a slow creep of weight gain, and I'm trying to get a handle on that.

Gaye: Wow, your little guy is quite a skier! That's awesome. I noticed that a lot of the 4 year olds have a very hard time making the snowplow shape with their skis. I watched my DS in his class, and I could tell that he was trying so hard - but his skis were barely in a v-shape, still practically parallel to each other, and he would do this awkward motion with his arms ... I think he was just having a hard time getting the message from his brain to his legs! I think it's awesome that your DS picked it up so quickly!  thumb.gif

FM: 1600 yds swim. I did 1000 yards in about 25 minutes, which felt fast to me until I checked results of our local sprint tri from last year, 2.5 minutes for 100 yards would put me way in the back. Not dead last, but way, way back. Still, I'm not easily embarassed, so I might as well sign up and just give it a whirl.

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#126 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 10:03 AM

wave.gif, Shanti!

mm~Ewww. Creepy is right.

Track workout in the books. Ouch. Not much running lately, combined with skiing bumps yesterday makes for painful intervals. The track was snow-covered, so we had to go to the park to run. I'm not sure if that's better or worse, honestly. It's a nice change of scenery, but there are hills. Little baby hills, but hills, nonetheless! orngtongue.gif

And now, must get stuff done. Like shower. So I can take DS to school and then come home and take a nap. orngbiggrin.gif

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#127 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 10:29 AM

FMR:  45 minutes spin class followed by a mile run on the track.  My first brick of the new year!!!!

Off to shower and get ready for the landsacpe architect to come over with backyard plans!

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#128 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 11:36 AM

Ugh, well that's just crazy about the username thing. How can I now go back and delete all my old posts? Bleh.

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#129 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 12:17 PM

nemesis - working part-time 12 hours shifts on the weekends, doing an enjoyable job (high-paced, emergency, veterinary work) is awesome for me. I get all week with the kids and I enjoy my job on the weekend with the bonus of much-needed funds. Just saying, I know where your at with that don't-want-to-get-out-of-bed-and-go-to-work kind of job. Also, if you're not making more, maybe your DH will cut back his spending?

AFM: 10 miles on the stationary bike today. I will be running tomorrow and I get to go to a Mom's Night Out with a great group of friends. smile.gif

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#130 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 01:00 PM

The creep has now sent me an email using his daughter's Facebook page. She is a friend of a friend, so he can see all my pictures, family relations, status, etc. Here's how creepy he is, he named his daughter Marilyn after Mary-Ann (his wife before my mother) and my mother (Lyn) and his daughter was with the woman he left my mother for. I think I'm going to puke.gif now. greensad.gif

#131 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 01:11 PM

RR: did a kickin' work out sqeezed in between work and work and then I go back to work in an hour.  126 full burpees (jump back, full push up, jump forward and verticle jump), and 126 squat with swinging a 10lb weight straight in front of you.  Gonna feel that!  Tomorrow is 5miles total with 3 miles of speedwork.  Wowzers.

NRR: dropped boys at school, went to work to help set up new place, picked up ds3 from kindergarten, stopped at Starbucks to snoop, then McD's for coke, home to work out and make lunch, back to church for more work with ds3 playing on my computer, pick up ds2 and ds1, start homework and dinner, then work at 5pm.  Tomorrow its meeting at church for women's group, pick up ds3 from kindy, stop at home for quick lunch, meet boss at supply company to scout out nutrition bars, protein powers and the like for the new shop, then to pick up boys from school.  Thankfully I don't work tomorrow night as I have paperwork to complete for Friday's counsellor meeting between me and the person that will work with ds1 regarding his hair pulling, ADHD and possible other things (maybe anxiety?). 

Thanks for being a rock for me ladies.  I soooo much appreciate you!!

Nemisis~ I was ------>this <-------- close to resigning my coffee job the other day due to stress from a coworker.  The money isn't worth it to me.  Boss talked to me and I felt much better and will see how things go as to what to do. 

House?  Still waiting......

Jaygee~did you sell yours??

#132 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 01:15 PM

Motivated Mama~please steer clear of that creep.  I wouldnt' even OPEN anything he sent me, just delete!  You don't need to be sucked into that yuckiness.  HUGS!

#133 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 01:20 PM

Nic~party of seven has changed her user name several times

Motivated~change your facebook security that friends of friends cannot see anything. 

#134 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 01:23 PM

Hi. I would like to join. :)

I am Oaktreemama (real name Betsy) and I live in NE Ohio. I have one son named Jack. I am a project mgr for a large telecom company. My hubby is a program manager for a small software company.

I ran religiously up until I got pregnant with my son. I planned on getting back into after the birth but fell down the stairs. I fractured a vertebrae and suffered two herniated discs. However, while I have a lot of arthritis I think I am ready to begin running again. I miss running terribly-the wonderful feeling of sweating out the stress and angst of the day. I never ran with music as I enjoy the sounds of the neighborhood. And I know what all you neighbors are up to as well!!

I am currently walking four miles/day and have added in light jogging. Reading this thread has really motivated me and reminded me of how much I love and miss running.

#135 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 01:40 PM
bec

Welcome Oaktreemama!  That sounds like a hugely scary injury!  Good for you for having the determination to start running again!  I would say ease into it very very slowly and pay close attention to how you are feeling.

Shanti - It's good to see you!  We drove through that horrific snow storm that hit the east coast last week during the height of it.  We were really wishing that we COULD pull over and get a hotel room, but by the time it had gotten bad (there was little to no way to get information on the storm while we were driving) we realized that the exits were completely unplowed and impassable.  It was a scary drive, and I am VERY thankful that nothing but a few hours were lost!  Glad to see you made better choices than we did!  Let me know how you like snow shoeing.  As I said in your other thread, it's something I am really interested in.

MM - That does sound creepy and scary.  Is there anyway you can block him, or make the photos on your page private or something?

JG - Woot for your brick!!!  I think the Oly tri I was thinking of is the Bangs Lake Triathlon  on August 7.  It is very close to my house (like 15 minutes away). 

Tri class tonight.  I think it is just a strength class, but they usually throw some running in there as well.

#136 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runningmommy View Post

House?  Still waiting......

Jaygee~did you sell yours??

RM ~ I really hope yours goes quickly.  We have a buyer and are just waiting for their financing to go through.  We took a bath on it, price wise, but we're not going to sell it for any more.  We close on the 28th.  Great workout, BTW!!!  I must get back to strength training.  Seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bec View Post

JG - Woot for your brick!!!  I think the Oly tri I was thinking of is the Bangs Lake Triathlon  on August 7.  It is very close to my house (like 15 minutes away). 

Thanks bec ~  I'll check it out.  The timing looks good.  Approximately how far from St. Louis area are you?

Kids are home from their first day of school and it seems like everything went well.  DD made friends.  DS got in trouble for climbing on top of the bars on the playground (something he was allowed to do at his old school).  I looked at their work and both kids seem to be way ahead of what they're doing in their classes academically, so I need to keep an eye on that.  DS qualified for gifted in Bloomington, but they don't have a gifted program here.  I think I may need to work a little harder as a parent to make sure he's being challenged.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#137 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 02:03 PM

mm~Block him! I'm pretty sure that if you do, you disappear from his FB and he can't see anything that you have posted. I was blocked by someone (long story rolleyes.gif) and when they commented on a mutual friend's status, I would see the generic picture silhouette and there wouldn't be a name (I knew who it was by what they were posting).

surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#138 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickarolaberry View Post

I may need to change my username. Somehow just by friending me on facebook he was able to find my posts here! And my name isn't on them! How does that work? (Not that I really care about him seeing them but sometimes I might and I don't know, I think I might need more anonymity)

Maybe he just found you by Googling your name and dingo?  You did post your full name recently.  Anyway, I'd probably ask dh to leave my dingo space uninvaded first and then maybe change my user name.  It's annoying to feel like you need to censor yourself because of a stalking loved one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post
Gaye ~ I WANT to ski now too, waaaaaa!  I haven't been since my honeymoon in 1999 and I miss it.  Illinois is not ski country though!

Me too! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bec View Post

To whoever was on board for going refined sugar free.  I'm on day 3 of South Beach, in an effort to get back to my size 10's (and then back to my size 8).  blush.gif  I figure I have about 30-40 pounds to lose, and really want to make that a goal.  I want to be able to get down those 30 pounds and sustain that weight.  I feel better about myself when I'm a little thinner.  I feel more in control.  I'm already feeling better.  I generally feel bogged and bloated with all the holiday carbs, and am glad to be feeling like I'm heading in the right direction!

I'm doing pretty well.  I haven't had any desserts, and I never drink soda.  I haven't cut out bread or rice but I don't really eat a lot of that stuff anyway.  I already feel a lot better, my complexion is already looking better too, I was getting kind of puffy and ashen.  Ew. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsmama View Post

mm~Block him! I'm pretty sure that if you do, you disappear from his FB and he can't see anything that you have posted. I was blocked by someone (long story rolleyes.gif) and when they commented on a mutual friend's status, I would see the generic picture silhouette and there wouldn't be a name (I knew who it was by what they were posting).

MM - ITA with Gaye, I'd block him and I'd block his daughter if she's letting him use her account.  It's just creepy to have someone like that looking into your life.

So I swam today, 32:30 or approx 33 laps.  It felt really good today, it was much easier than my slightly shorter swim on Monday.  So that was good.  One of these days I'll have to figure out how best to do some strength work before swimming. I'm usually unwilling to change clothes twice or pack an extra set or I'm intimidated by all the women who I know a little but not well working out in the small weight room with their trainer who is one of those know-it-all sounding macho guys that I really try to steer clear of.  Anyway.

Hi Shanti!  Good job learning from past mistakes!  :)

Oh, WR: I had a great meeting this morning to discuss the next play and the composer and I are getting really excited, we had some (what we think are) great ideas and now I feel really motivated to sit down and get some real writing done.  So, time for one short person to nap and then back to work for me!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#139 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 03:48 PM

MM, as my daughter would say, that's super-duper creepy.  (yes, she actually says that.  Quite often.  Weird kid).

Garmin users, what site do you use for mileage tracking?  I've always been a MapMyRun girl, but the new site is stupid (or I'm incredibly set in my ways).  You can still access the new site, but for how long?  IIRC, DailyMile doesn't take Garmin uploads.  What's an obsessive workout tracker to do?

FMR:  Planned hot yoga yesterday was trashed because my preceptor fired both the other student and the medical assistant intern.  This has left an incredible backlog of paperwork, not that either of them were really getting much of it done.  Of course, it's also making me anxious about the fact that she's hard to please.  We've been friends for quite some time, but how do I know she's really happy with my work?  I also get to go into the office for an extra day of chart review this week, which would be fine if our finances hadn't imploded due to some seriously crappy timing and the gas to drive in really isn't in the budget.  Gah.  This working for free is for the BIRDS.  I digress....

Today I did have FM.  A mile on the treadmill followed by spin class.  Her husband was there for the first time I've seen, and she seemed to be showing off.  This involved serious, serious hill work.  That's good, I suppose.

Was doing incredibly well today nutritionally until I found the container of peppermint almond roca in my desk.  It was supposed to be in my stocking.  I've only had two so far, and this is my solemn vow that I won't have any more today.

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
#140 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 05:33 PM

Plady - It's awesome that you're keeping up the swimming smile.gif I think I'll stick to dry land for awhile yet.

I'm definitely going to block him and his daughter. I had a long conversation with my mother tonight. She says he's been trying to find her for awhile. She had to change her phone number because he called 29 times in one day. She has blocked him on Facebook. She also said that she left him because he hit her and because he wanted to have relations with another woman (with her approval). She said that last year, around the time that his wife "left him for another", he was convicted of domestic assault, spent 90 days in jail and has an additional year probation. I haven't responded to anything he has sent me yet and am going to block him as soon as I am done writing this post.

#141 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 05:48 PM

AHHH  What a crazy day.  Just had the chance to sit down and try to catch up for a minute.  

MM Thanks for the maine half marathon info.  I can register right on line.  I am doing it with a group, some runners some walkers...wanna come????

I am glad there is lots of sugar free support.  Lets jut say today went down as a FAIL.  Tomorrow I will succeed.......

Jo, indecision and change cause me stress and binge eating as well.  Wishing you peace and perhaps binge exercising.

Nic_  I hear you  on middle school drama.  I choose this age and most days absolutely adore my students and my job.  This week, not as much.  It is so hard for everyone to get back into the routine and I find myself wanting to scream, "How hard is it to be kind!!!!"  Ahhh, they have so much to learn and we have so much to model.  It is such a great time to build positive relationships and they really are becoming amazing people as they grow.

I hear everyone on skiing.  We just started our season and it is so nice to know we will be at the mountain every weekend.  My oldest LOVES it.

Off to bed before my non sleeping littlest is up.........I love the phase of fitful sleep, really I do, although the middle of the night cuddling is so sweet.  

50 minutes on the trainer today and my 100s.  I will catch up more tomorrow while I ride.  Goodnight all and sweet dreams.  

Aimee, wife to Chris, mom to two amazing boys 8/06 and 4/09. Reliving childhood with the boys.
#142 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 05:58 PM

Bec, here's to 10s and then 8s! nod.gif

Plady, I love me a good brainstorm. When it clicks, it's just great. I miss that feeling of awesome creativity. Most of what I have been working on for the past half a year or so has been pre-cooked, creatively. I am just writing the words. It has its pros and cons, but lately it's just feeling like a lot of work. Add to that the fact that I am a flake, and well...there you have it.

JayGee & RM, I am looking ahead and just dreading the thought of putting a sign out in front of this place. For many reasons, but in great part because I fear the market. I hope it all clears up soon for you both.

Shanti, I remember that terrible story, and how lucky you were. Wasn't there a sleep on a strange man's couch? Yeah. Good thinking this time, and welcome back to running!

Motivated, I second Gaye AND RM: modify your settings and block him. I'd probably go nuclear and block his daughter, too. You can always say it was an accident if it comes up in conversation. Memiles, my dd says super-duper to things a lot too. Weird for sure.

welcome oaktree! Easy does it when you're getting back to it!

Nemesis, I can tell by your post that we are feeling the same these days. We even have dhs that do the same thing. It's like there's some magical money setting they have that allows them to optimize spending to whatever is coming in. Amazing. I just watched a short sketch in my head of you and me, attempting and failing to have a conversation with each other because we're both exhausted and our heads are spinning. dizzy.gifnut.gif It was funny for a second.

I did a short workout on the elliptical (3.5mi/31min/500cal), then some lifting, then got dd at school because she fell and bumped her head at recess...took her with me to work, then dh picked her up and I stayed late at the office. Got home at 6 and made dinner, ate by 7 and will be in bed by 8. Tomorrow will be a long day at the office and it needs to be productive, so the plan is to work out (run? maybe? why am I so hesitant to run?) before the office and put in 5 hours or so. Starting to feel back on track, workout-wise, which is nice.

Dh has a meeting with HR tomorrow. Hoping to get some more info. It is all moving really quickly, but it is still just killing me! I think we are both having motivation problems now. bag.gif I think he has all but decided, should they offer something reasonable, he will accept. Oh. My. When he asked me what I would like to do (as in work) if we end up there, I told him I want to sit around and write poems and short stories while the kids are in school. After all, there is a housekeeper allowance. Also a tuition allowance.

Recommendations for curing the tic? I think we did this before, but it is back with a vengeance! winky.gif <--I look like this but not smiling.

#143 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 06:18 PM

They're trying to kill me.  My clients, that is.  And this is no good for my big new year's resolutions of eating healthy and exercising a lot.  I was up much of the night Monday with a lovely teen mama who birthed her baby in the early am Tues.  I was up most of last night with a lovely young woman who I've known since she was 15 (she's 23 now) and caught her baby at 4:44 this am.  Today, I dragged myself to body blaster class in the evening, thinking I'd finally get a good sleep after, but oh no, not to be.  Now I'm sitting on labor and delivery with another lovely client having her first baby after years of infertility and 3 IVF attempts (with miscarriages the first 2 times.)  I'm about to fall over from fatigue.  I've been trying to be good though - and packed food to eat both nights, and I've even worked out every day, but I'm about to fall over nonetheless.

Somebody mentioned a race I didn't get on the list, and I'm too tired to look for it.  JayGee, maybe?

#144 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 06:20 PM

Jo- that is just how it would be!  love.gif   But we could have some wine or beer and eventually be able to speak in whole sentences again.  And I hate eye tics.  I always feel like people can see them, and I feel more tired than usual because of it.    

RR- I ran, again!  I also got the Okay from both friends, so as soon as friend A sets a day, then friend B will take whatever other day I need.  I am feeling very lucky, my friends are so great to help me out.  It probably doesn't hurt that I offered to trade soap, homemade bread or whatever else they want in return for the once a week time to run.  whistling.gif

Dh's uncle is missing.  He hasn't been seen since NYE.  Odds are not in his favor.  greensad.gif   So, good vibes would be appreciated.  We are worried, but MIL doesn't want us to be around with the kids.  

#145 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 06:30 PM

searcher - about the half, perhaps, but I don't want to commit to it yet.

Nemesis - goodvibes.gif I hope they find your uncle-in-law.

doctorjen - goodvibes.gif to you too. I hope your able to get a break and some sleep.

As for me, I'm off to bed sleepytime.gif

#146 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 07:35 PM

MM that is weird but then again so is facebook  ignore block if he messages you then move on

Dr Jen that sound like a long couple of days

mmiles Ive just started treating crap food like gluten its just not an option if I want to be healthy

AFM did an hour and a half of walking running and hiking through the arboretum . my legs hurt so good and my feet have that awesome after a run tingley feeling whoo hoo the down side is my sacrum and hips hurts and not in a good way its so freken swollen and locked up Iv been doing my sexy walk and circles on the yoga ball to try and loosen it up its helping slightly : ( after word I found a babysitter ! someone is one step closer to gainful employment

I took DS to the toy store today and bought him a metal fire truck he can sit on or stand behind and push around , oh and has of today  my little dingo can climb the stairs !

#147 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 07:38 PM

memiles~I haven't been to MMR lately, there *was* an option to use the old site rather than the beta, is that gone now? If so, I'll be bummed. Dailymile does have Garmin support now, but I don't like the map feature as much as I do the google maps that MMR uses.

nemesis~goodvibes.gif

So, I FINALLY got my clinical assignments. I'm kind of bummed that I didn't get my OB rotation at the hospital I was just at (which is the hospital DS was born at). AND it's all the way on the other side of town. The good news is that two of the girls in my clinical group are really cool and live very close to me, so hopefully we can carpool. Peds seems a little strange...we only have 6 shifts (we normally have 8) and apparently have to make up the remaining 24 hours of clinical time through simulation and "online projects". BLECH. At least it's not the 4 12's a week plus 8 hrs of class that I thought might happen. I'll have two weeks of 3 12's plus class, but otherwise it shouldn't be completely horrible. orngbiggrin.gif

drjen~Can you add the Yeti Chase 10k to the race schedule for me on Jan. 23? Eek...racing a 10k in 2 1/2 weeks, not so sure about that, but nonetheless, I got talked into it!

#148 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 08:27 PM
bec

JayGee - St. Louis is about 5-6 hours from where I live.  This tri is so close we could, literally, ride our bikes to the race.  A friend and I were actually on a bike ride last year when we bumped into the racers (only sort of planned).  Anyway, I would love to host you, if you decide to do it!  It would save you hotel costs, and, you know, Dingo slumber party! 

Nemesis - How scary!  I hope he turns up alive and well.  Good thoughts are headed your way.

Day 3 on South Beach, and I'm feeling pretty good.  I have had a few cravings (mostly in the evening), but they have been manageable.  I did stoop down today to really inhale the smell that was coming off of the oranges I have laying around (heavenly).  That was what I remember really missing most the first time I did phase one, the fruit.  I'm a pretty big fruit eater.  But, I really need this detox phase to get my cravings under control.  Then, I can start introducing grains and fruits slowly.  The good news is that, while I had fallen off the wagon, my general diet was pretty whole grain.  So, I don't feel like it is as hard this time around. 

Tri class tonight.  It was the first night of the new session, so was a strength training, with a small amount of cardio.  The strength stuff was pretty tough (always kicks my ass), and I'll be feeling it tomorrow, but still felt really good to work hard and intensely for a short period.

#149 of 775 Old 01-05-2011, 09:08 PM

Nick--hope today is better. I don't miss that middle school drama.

JayGee--that doesn't sound fun. I didn't send R to preschool, but that was what worked for all of us. Education decisions really need to benefit the entire family, not just certain members. If it doesn't work for you, it's hardly fair for your DH to expect you to be the one to do it when there are other options available.

Nemesis--hope your hours drop to a manageable level. That sounds miserable.

MM--that really awful.

memiles--Daily Mile will sync with your Garmin. I also use Garmin Connect.

DrJen--hope tonight's client has that baby quickly and safely so you can get some sleep. goodvibes.gif

tjsmama--the Yeti Chase looks cool. I got an email about it a couple of weeks ago and bookmarked the site as a possibility for 2012 (it's the week after my 10M, so not this year).

No FM yet today, but I *will* do strength training as soon as J goes to sleep. That should be within 25 minutes, but right now she's too busy playing with toys on the rug.

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 
#150 of 775 Old 01-06-2011, 01:39 AM

I've been up since 2 a.m. My life has really gone downhill (financially) lately. I'm going to have to make some tough phone calls today resulting in loss of health and food benefits.

Running has to be my salvation. That, and my three beautiful little children, and DH of course. 20 minutes and I will be able to head to the gym. Sleep is just not in the cards for me today.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page