Mothering Forum banner

"I resolve to run with the Dingos in 2011" January thread

29K views 774 replies 49 participants last post by  Nickarolaberry 
#1 ·
Welcome Old Dingos! Welcome New Dingos!

If you're interested in running, forward motion, or something approximating it, come and join the Dingos. Wondering if it's for you? Well, read our Wiki.

Really, dingohood is in the heart and soul, not the distance. Hang around a little and you get the impression we all run daily marathons. Hang around longer and you'll notice that, as is normal for human nature, those that run 1-3 miles at a time will report that they went running, and those that run 10+ miles will *always* quote the distance. It's kinda like reading baby message boards and coming away with the impression that every baby but yours was walking and reciting poetry by 9 months. It's just 'cuz all parents celebrate the walking. Those with 9 month olds will say "9 mo old dinglet is walking!" whereas those of us whose kids finally get off their tushes at 15 months will say "DS is walking! Yay!". Note the difference? Same goes with our distances. Really, a lot of us are running just a few miles at a time.

Some place below will be a race list (and maybe a refreshed results list?) to help us cheer on those who've entered a race.

Time for a reminder dingos! Post an intro, your resolutions, and why you run. Then get out the door (or hop on the 'mill) and get running.

Intro: I'm Geofizz, a geophysics prof (didja guess that?) living someplace I resent to do it. Two kids: DD-8 in third grade and DS-5, who is working hard to be old enough for school. DH is an enginerd currently working on figuring out if new amusement park rides will stand up. Dingo since 2004.

Goal: 762 miles for 2011. (That's last year's 750 + 12 more).

Why I run:

Stress management: I'm really not a very nice person when I'm not exercising. I also know I *have* to take care of myself or else.

Health: I want to see my grand kids graduate from college. I want to be able to play with my grand kids when they're young.

Weight management: I'm 2 pounds less than this time last year! 750 miles kept me.... in place. But I'm healthy and almost a normal weight, and I'm gonna take it and run.

Silence: My house can get pretty noisy. The park is sometimes a bit noisy, but it's at least not noise I'm responsible for.

To watch the seasons change: I love seeing the neighborhood throughout the year.

To be the biggest neighborhood busybody: Seriously, I know what everyone's up to cuz I run past their house every day. And for those that don't keep their blinds closed, really, you should. I know more about you than I want to.

The challenge: Sometimes running can be easy, sometimes challenging. In the last year, I learned to love the challenge, working to increase my cruising speed from 10:30 min/mile to ~9:15 min/mile. It took a lot of work, which to my surprise, I mostly loved.

To hang with the dingos. In the real and online worlds.

See less See more
#427 ·
DrJen, very exciting stuff! And it sounds like you really made an effort to evaluate the two options side-by-side, by the same criteria. Almost... scientific!
winky.gif
But, really, it sounds like you were able to get all the info that you needed to figure out which situation will be more exciting and more satisfying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjen View Post

Now, need to decide when to tell the kids. Any opinions?
My opinion: I would talk to the older kids and wait with your youngest. I'm sure this depends a lot on your family dynamic, but I could see laying it all out for the teens and older kids, and waiting for more specifics for the youngest. Like when you know it's happening and can plan a trip to visit houses, schools, etc. The older kids probably already know about the interviews, right?

Exciting stuff.

I am mired in work today, but trying to get a couple batches of sourdough bread going so that I can bake tomorrow afternoon. It will be DD's birthday, and we plan to drive up to Myrtle Beach to visit the aquarium there. We do have an excellent aquarium here in town, but driving up to MB makes a fun trip with lunch somewhere. OK, I admit, I love the off season in tourist traps. It's so delightfully tacky.
orngtongue.gif

ETA:

Thank you for the excellent RR BBM!! I loved it. And 8 today? You =
superhero.gif

Real - awesome 10 miler!

#428 ·
BBM: Great race report! So inspiring. I just can't get my head around the Goofy. I've walked the Breast Cancer 3-day twice (3 days, 20+ miles a day), but it was never that physically hard except for my awful blister habit and the one day it was 102. You rock my world.

DrJen: Such an exciting opportunity! Knowing what an amazing doctor you are, it warms my heart to think of you mentoring new FP docs. Especially ones that do OB. Then send them to NW WA. Thanks! As for telling the kids, I'd wait until it's a done deal unless you are willing to really take their reactions into account when deciding. We had a possible transfer situation a few years back, my high schooler tried to tell us that he would move in with DH's aunt to finish school here. Do I think he would have? No, but it made for some real guilt and second guessing the process.

FM: Two miles on the treadmill, then a hot yoga class. Sweaty, sweaty, sweaty, and I was able to get to that zen head space that I'm not very good at.

Weight and running- I'm smack in the middle of the normal bmi range (22), had my body fat calculated at 24% which is on the low end of healthy....basically, I'm seriously muscular. And I'm slow. I'm not sure I'd be much faster if I was lighter, as I've maintained about the same speed from when I was much heavier. Of course, I've never worked much on speed due to my constant state of injury. Who knows?

#429 ·
drjen, after reading your KC response, I could only think, "I don't think Appleton has what drjen needs," and "I can't think of a practice around here that would know how to best put her to use." I have a few med professionals in my circle of friends and acquaintances, and many different specialties are short-staffed, too...which doesn't make it easier on the family docs either, does it? Anyway, it's a bummer for the Fox Cities but good for KC--and I hope good for the drjen family! On moving, we already introduced the move to our kids, even though it a) may not happen; and b) will take months if it does. I figure it's a lot to wrap their heads around, and I am going to need allies, so the brainwashing started early.
winky.gif
If it were city to city, I might wait until it was definite.

I am finally feeling back to the living, but now dd has swollen lymph nodes, sore throat and headache (with hot ears). If she's worse or not better tomorrow, we're staying home.

RR-ish: Yoga was excellent tonight.

On weight: I do get faster when I am lighter. But when I am lighter I am also working out a lot more often and harder, so is it training or weight? Good question.

#430 ·
drjen~Forgot to reply to your post about your interview. It sounds so exciting! I can't imagine taking such a big step, but it sounds like it really might be a great thing for you and your family!

Ladies, I am EXHAUSTED. We only skiied a few hours today, but getting up early two days in a row, plus two and a half days of skiing, plus my long run on Saturday adds up. Conditions weren't as good today, and it was cold and crowded, so not as fun a day. Still fun, of course, and it was great to get caught up with the girlfriends I was with, but I was ready to be done pretty early in the day. Still, it's hard to complain about a weekend of skiing, right?
bag.gif

Tomorrow, a day off! I'm taking DS to the stock show to see the "super dogs" show. I think he's going to love it. And I may be getting a sinus infection, so it's neti pot and emergen-c time!
rolleyes.gif

#431 ·
JenLove--da Bears! I'm not much of a sports fan, but my dad was telling me about the game. (We're from Chicago originally.)

DrJen--glad it went well and hope you find a good way to work the transition.

Weight: I think I'm faster when I'm lighter, but that's a difference of 3-5 pounds in general. Like 1jooj, I think the training--especially strength training--is what makes the difference. My chiropractor said most people will gain speed simply by losing 5-10 pounds though.

1jooj--fingers crossed that you get some answers on your potential move this week.

tjsmama--that sounds like a fun weekend, but hope it doesn't end with a sinus infection! Conditions on the trail were decent. It was mostly clear, except for that first half-mile out through Hudson Gardens (ditto for the final stretch) and probably about a dozen icy or snow patches on the trail. The spots under the bridges were the worst.

Had a birthday party for my niece who turns 4 on Tuesday. Now I really need to wash a couple of floors, take care a few class things (classes also start Tuesday) and chill for a bit. Oh, and I took a nap this afternoon!
joy.gif
J wanted to nurse and needed a nap. I figured I could spend it holding her and surfing the web or just give up and sleep. Sleeping seemed like a better use of my time.

#432 ·
I love catching up with you ladies after a long weekend of work, although it does take awhile
blahblah.gif

Abby
hug.gif

RM: Wow, you are crazy busy, lady! What a great workout on Saturday!

Graceie: I wish fast healing for you.

Nick: I hope your toe is getting better and I hope that running and work become more enjoyable for you this week. Also, I hope for your sake that your DH is feeling better.

Gaye: You make me want to ski.

BBM: Yay Goofy! Awesome half marathon, inspiring marathon, and wonderful pics!

Jaygee: Ugh flu!

Jo: Good luck with the offer and future move. That stinks about your livestock and kidding, but hopefully everything will turn out for the bettwe. Glad you're feeling better, too.

La4: Ugh stomach flu to you too! As far as itching and swimming, maybe some vitamin E oil after a shower? I swear by Vitamin E.

zubeldia: I find that weight has a huge impact on my running. I'm talking minutes per mile, but I also have a lot of extra weight.

Lisa: Awesome frosty frozen 10m!

doctorjen: wonderful news on the KC interview. I would tell your kids as soon as you're 100%, signed on the dotted line, sure.

AFM: I almost took home a 5 week old female boxer puppy this weekend who lost her eye. She was the cutest thing. I definitely have SUCKER written across my forehead when it comes to my animals. I have a husky who had a repaired pelvis and diaphragmatic hernia 7 years ago, a cat who was clipped by a car, a cat who was born to a stray turnover, a tripod cat, and a stray cat who we have yet to name. Did I say SUCKER?

I started studying for my MCATs
joy.gif

No time for workouts this weekend, but I'm back on the horse today. Another day at home on the stationary bike as DH works 8a-12a. Tomorrow will be the day 1 of week 3 of c25k. I'm down 6 pounds from 2 weeks ago
smile.gif

#433 ·
Dr. Jen, the position sounds really very interesting - patient care, mentoring, and research... No ideas about the move and kids, but my sense is that introducing the idea to the older ones might be the way to go.

Motivated Mama... good luck with the MCATs! have you taken them before? I work at university with a medical school so many of my students are studying for them right now.. Good luck.

Real, what a great race, and very nice pace.

Jo, hoping you woke up to a healthy household.

Very interesting comments re: weight and running. I could definitely afford to lose a few pounds (probably middle of the BMI but I haven't weighed myself since DS was about 3 months). I have a very hard time losing weight, though. Any tips? I was underweight in college (stress, stress, unhealthy modes of dealing with stress) and I was much faster than now. It would be nice to be 30 seconds a mile faster than I am now with just a bit of weight loss :bag

I also wonder, sometimes, if chronic sleep deprivation gets in the way of weight loss (given how much exercise I do and what I eat I think I should have lost some weight). DS has yet to sleep through the night and he's up a lot. Thankfully we co-sleep but it's been over 18 months without a decent night sleep.. and another molar is coming through. Poor chap.

I am about to hop on the rower and follow it up with a spin...

#434 ·
zub ~ I don't know how you do it on barely any sleep.

jo ~ I'm awaiting news from you!!

It's snowing and we are expecting 3-5" so I'm home and hunkering down. Homemade vegan mac and cheese for lunch and tea and reading during naptime, I think. I hope you all are well.

#435 ·
Just had a banana with PB in anticipation of running in a little bit. I am looking at 4 miles on the treadmill. I've already walked with the kids and dogs in pretty blustery weather for about a mile, and shoveled my driveway/sidewalk.

#436 ·
DrJ, that position sounds great.

When we knew we would be moving, we didn't introduce the topic to our kids until we were 1000% sure. I have a highly, highly anxious oldest dd. And for the younger ones (at that time) they have no real sense of time, so if it was too early, they wouldn't be able to grasp when it would be.

Saw the podiatrist today, who is a runner...so that's good. He actually just did Goofy! Said it was normal, not infected, and that I can join the 'toenails are for sissies' club. Ha ha.

So, a question. I am thinking of doing my local half marathon on March 13, which is 8 weeks away. Higdon's post marathon reverse-taper takes 4 weeks and is pretty low-key. Runner's World's training doodad came up with an 8 week plan for me that has me doing more or less similar mileage to what I was doing training for the marathon, without the 14+ mile long runs (total mileage about 30 mpw). It's a little more interesting than the Higdon intermediate plan...he doesn't have an Intermediate 1 and 2 for the half, just an Intermediate and then Advanced (which is too intense for me and also requires hill work, which I can't do as I have no hills here).

Not sure if I can/should jump right into the RW plan, stick with Higdon's reverse-taper and then go into his Intermediate plan, or what. I'm feeling really pretty fine now, no residual soreness (except the toenail). My 7.2 yesterday went great, although a little slow. Felt fine. I'm planning to go out with my club tomorrow morning if possible and do an easy 5, if the weather holds.

And oh yes...the RW plan has me training to pace for a finishing time around 2:05. You can all stop laughing now. HA HA. But...that would be just a minute over the goal time of 2:04 and I'll be booking a trip (if dh keeps his word) to Israel!

And...hmmm...oh yeah...I'm trying to decide on my next marathon. <she says, ducking for cover>

#437 ·
Nick, glad you checked it anyway. I am in the "toenails are for sissies" club, too
lol.gif
but have also had what seemed like random infections in the past. And go, you, if you want to do it again! Nut!
orngtongue.gif
Or should I say glutton for punishment?
winky.gif

No news here...still...
demon.gif
...except that dd awoke with a sore throat so I had to stay home with her. And it's been snowing all day, so I had to plow out the driveway to get out, then drive 45min to an office that would have been 20 minutes away under normal conditions, then drive another half hour to the pharmacy where I waited another half hour for them to call me with results so I didn't have to drive home and risk getting stuck in the driveway and having to plow out again just to pick up the abx. Yep, it's strep, and since we didn't start abx until now, she will be home tomorrow too.

Meantime, dh is still waiting and IMO is just being jerked around by someone, dunno who, but someone with a need to feel powerful, it seems. Regardless, we continue to wait and I continue to lose my mind in degrees. And he drove this AM in his tiny car, and the roads are really treacherous out there. It never really snowed heavily, just consistently all day. Passed 3 cars in the ditch off the big highway on the way home from the doc's office.

Chicken soup day here. As always, hoping dh hears something. Beginning to really get fed up with waiting on people, though.
irked.gif

#439 ·
Weight and speed hmmm I think I'm faster when I'm working out more and not injured regardless of what I way when I work out alot I'm a little heaver totally from muscle

MM I'm the same way my last kitty was a runt whose mom tried to kill him , I'm also that way with stuffed animals I spent yesterday going through 5 storage boxes of broken stuffys I bought broken

1jooj I hope your DD doesn't get to sick

zub Ive heard that about weight loss and sleep but haven't experienced it personally I think its you eat more to compensate for the lost energy

RR yayy for naps

RR or WR has it maybe me and DS took a long walk after lunch , I'm still having knee/pelvic issues so I'm slow and sore I'm thinking about PT or maybe just more chro/massage

#441 ·
Oh, Nick. I'm sorry about the puker! I hate that more than anything!

Jo - We have gone through the waiting game before. It sucks and is SO not fun!

RR: 4ish miles on the treadmill at home today. I say "ish" because I accidentally yanked the emergency stop out of it 3 different times!
irked.gif
Frustrating, to say the least. I tried to do a timed mile for the last mile. I felt good and warmed up, fresh, etc. I think I would have done around a 7:30-8:00 mile if I had been able to keep my head in the game. I was about a 8:00 pace at around a half mile, and just lost it. I ended up needing to walk twice. I still ended up with a 9:25. I think I need to do this outside, where it is easier for me to stay focused.

#442 ·
Happy Birthday Lisa!

No RR to report here. I haven't gotten a workout in since last Tuesday or Thursday - yikes. I was doing so well the first week of January too.

Still lots going on with the school board thing, our house has become resistance headquarters and DH is the ring leader. It's quite interesting and a little bit scary. This island is getting smaller and smaller.

Still not enough time to be fully present in the Dingo Cafe but

DrJen - I'd agree with waiting until it's a done deal unless you plan to truly give your kids a vote of some sort. I can't imagine they'll be excited but I'm confident that the transition will be better than they might anticipate. Moving in the summer and getting them involved in some summer program they;d enjoy might be a quick way to jump start some friendships for them before school begins.

Jo - Oy. I mentioned to DH that you love your sheep and might be needing to sell them. He suggested we buy them and my dad drive them out to us. It's a sweet vision albeit nuts.

#443 ·
No RR here either. I should've gone out for a run today, but there's that 'should' word. Honestly I just didn't feel like it. I was starting to lose my mojo before tapering for the goofy and was worried when I felt none of the intense energy that most describe. But frankly I'm still feeling that blah, I dont' feel like doing anything feeling.

Plady - that would be so cool!

Bec I consistently run much faster outside. I don't really know time-wise what I can do now, but in the past when I used to be fast... I could do a mile outside easily close to 7 and be DYING on the treadmill trying to do an 8:30...and that is not an exaggeration!

Back to work tomorrow and school with dd. I'm feeling pretty trepidatious about this. She's not too keen on school and you may recall that blah feeling I've got...

#444 ·
Bec, I am exactly the same as BBM... I CANNOT run on a treadmill. I overheat, get unfocused, and more and I just simply hate it. I run about a minute slower on the dreadmill.

BBM, seriously, mama, I would listen to your body and rest, Your training volume has been really amazing and post-race I know that I'd be crying out for a serious break.. maybe some other activities like swimming, biking?

Plady :lol re: jo's sheep!

#445 ·
Sigh.

We were having a pretty nice day. I took DS to the stock show, we saw cattle, sheep, pigs, chickens, bunnies, etc. The superdogs show was pretty cool, although it went on just a little too long. I'm pretty sure I've got a sinus infection coming on, and the longer the show went, the worse I was feeling. We got home and I tried to lay down for a little bit, but my phone kept ringing. SMIL is seeing spots and so she and FIL are missing their flight in the morning to make sure that she doesn't have a detached retina or anything, which just throws a wrench in all plans. BIL is still flying out on the original flight with a couple of family friends (who nobody bothered to tell me were coming, too
rolleyes.gif
), but can't get the rental car since it's in FIL's name. So I guess I'm doing airport pick-up now until XH can get them to drive them all up to the mountains. Which means I probably won't get a run in tomorrow. Meanwhile, while I was getting all this sorted out, DS turned into a nightmare. He truly doesn't understand that his job as a kid is to listen to and respect his mother. The child was literally yelling at me for not "listening" to him, when in fact he was upset because I wouldn't do what he wanted me to. Needless to say, there was a lot of crying on both sides, and it was not pretty.
greensad.gif

I am so done right now.

#446 ·
Reading along....not much time to respond to everything going on.

My youngest had his first cold. He had me pretty worried last night and I was on the verge of taking him to the ER. Today was better for him. He was much closer to the sweet little guy we all know and love. His three yo big sister has really been missing her best friend. These two are like peas and carrots.

RR: I started week three of C25K!! I am feeling good. The improvements are dramatic. Every day I feel so much closer to actually being a runner again.

NRR: My hubby got his new job. He starts the 27th. He is making a jump from being an outstanding electrician to a station engineer for a major radio broadcasting company. It is a huge blessing for us. My hubby works so hard. He had reached the top of the ladder doing what he is doing. Now he gets a chance to climb it all over again....something he really enjoys.

Keep on running!

#447 ·
PO7 ~ I hope your LO feels better soon. Congrats to your DH on the job and to you on week 3!!

Gaye ~ ::hugs::

Nick ~ How's the rest of the family faring?

Jo ~ Sending some speed on the whole situation so at least you'll know soon. You are amazing, you know that eh? ;)

I did my 100s for the day and some yoga (and even a little dancing). I am thinking of doing BeachBody coaching - anyone familiar? They sell workout programs like P90X and TurboJam and they also sell Shakeology. It's a protein shake with superfoods and vitamins in it, and it tastes really yummy. I want to eat less crap (like the cookies I just inhaled) but get more protein and maybe put on a couple pounds.

V updates of the day: She said over dinner spontaneously, "Hanukkah is 8 days. Elmo says." LOL! The holiday movie did teach her something. Later as I was doing my 100s she proceeded to put a dried blueberry up her nose. She picks a lot, so I didn't think anything of it til she kept on digging. She eventually got mad that the blueberry was up her nose and she wanted to eat it. Go figure! I taught her how to blow out while I held the other nostril and thank goodness it shot out.

It's boring without DH.. I'm off to bed.

#448 ·
Jenlove - I'm cracking up here at your daughter and the blueberry!
lol.gif
Glad she was able to blow it out!

Po7 - Congrats on the job, the running, and I hope your little one is feeling right as rain soon!

Zub and BBM - That is interesting about the treadmill. I have felt the same. I lost the mental battle today. The body was fine (in retrospect), but something in my brain just told me I couldn't take another step. I have a good course to do a timed mile outside, so I will do that soon. We have frigid weather on the way here, though, so outside will have to wait a bit!

NRR: I got a ton of yearbook work done tonight. I don't have the class montages done quite yet as my friend who took about 6 classrooms of pictures had a mishap. Her child either lost the sim card, or her child erased the sim card. In either case, we have no pictures, and she thinks it will be easier to reshoot them than to keep looking. I'm hoping that happens tomorrow or Wednesday. But, I got a bunch of other forms created and out. I would like to have everything ready to go by the beginning of February, giving me a couple of weeks to fill out all the forms to the printing company. Yikes! I think I am going to be SO happy for March to come, because it will all be done!

#449 ·
po7, congrats to your dh, and to you on continued progress! Here's to health in your household, mama.

Nick, noooooooo!
uhoh3.gif
(How I feel about the pukies.) I hope it's a 24-hour thing that disappears and leaves no trace and barely a memory.

Gaye, I hope things with the ILs go smoothly. You're an incredible sport with them, you know. Hoping ds was just tired past his limit.

Plady, hug your dh for me. That is truly a sweet sentiment and I feel just a liiiittle bit understood.
thumb.gif
You might not have told him there are 14 of them, and 12 are most likely expecting, right?
winky.gif

Jennie, any speed you can send, I will take. I am actually a little thankful that dd's strep is keeping me home, because I am just useless at work. I can still turn a phrase, but I have no focus. A CD sent me a one-page part of a presentation to troubleshoot and that was fine, but beyond fixing a few lines, I am no good. I need to get back to today and here and now and just let whatever happens, happen. I am being ridiculous. And I truly appreciate the thoughts and prayers and energy of my Dingos, and the fact that somehow you all can humor me through my insanity. Dh is now slated for a work trip to Europe next month, which has me
angry.gif
and
gloomy.gif
again about lambing (I mentioned he's never been home for a whole lambing season, right? He caught a couple lambs last year and that's been it for him, and it breaks his heart) and of course has me thinking
confused.gif
paranoid thoughts about the new post. Ugh.

So, just for a second, not making this about whether I have to get rid of nearly everything we own, give up guardianship of the animals and navigate an around-the-world move...and not making this about dh's amazing, hard work in a really tough, sometimes hostile environment...I think it really is time for me to rethink my arrangement. Again. For the 4th time in 4 years. I know.
eyesroll.gif
Whether we're leaving or staying, it is not a sustainable arrangement. It's unfair to me and the kids, and probably unfair to dh in ways not immediately tangible. I have to work so hard not to drown in it, and that effort in itself is draining. So, one way or another, by end of school year, I am putting an end to it. As much as I love getting a paycheck, and as hard as it is to get by without a second income, we'll be better off with me home than working. Don't know how I'll make it happen, but it's better for everyone, I'm sure.

Today's plan: I have 2 projects to finish that really, really need to be done. So dd can watch movies nonstop and I will work on writing, breaking to plow the driveway and do barn chores. Tonight, we are supposed to do dance and yoga. My teacher wants to bump me into a more challenging class with another high-stress runner mama.

#450 ·
wave.gif

I feel like I have been gone forever from the thread.
redface.gif
My daughters as usual are giving me fits. Why? 14 yo and 3 yo ds are fine but the three girls in the middle are aging me everyday. In any event, y computer died again I spent most of the day Friday working on it and getting more and more frustrated. I finally took it in ate Friday an there were so many problems, hard ware and software that the store took it back w/o question and gave wonderful customer service - HP from Staples. I should be happy and excited but setup and getting back to where I was is a process that I have been working on all weekend. I have a job offer of sorts as a LC which is the direction I was heading. It is very small, just enough to get my foot in the door and have my continung ed covered. You know there is a but: My family, including dh, is very used to having me be quite available to them. All the time. I have also gotten quite involved in a few other things. The long and the short is that it is just what I asked for (w/o having all the details) but I am not sure if I can make it work especially as I am not set up with child care and it won't pay enough to cover care I want for ds2. Dh is not excited about it but says he would support it. There are ways to make it work but I need more details, hopefully this week.

I had tons of personals but do not want to write a book.

La4, I am so impressed with how you are giving swimming a go. I tried for a few months last year and while I enjoyed it I used a snorkel so I could just do laps while my injures repaired.

Plady, community organizing can be so rewarding - I hope you feel uplifted and not taken advantage of overall.

Gracie, hang on there. I think the first year of motherhod has its own rules no mater how many children you have.

Nic, whoa! Careful as you swing back and forth between post marathon euphoria and let-down.
smile.gif

BBM, you rr was marvelous and I wish you the best as you settle back into homeschooling, work, and 'real life.'

jo, drjen, Moving your family is a big deal, I am holding my breathe for both of you

RM, I've been looing at the bodyrock workouts and thinking of you. Even with time off running you have stayed so fit.

Alex, what JG said.
lol.gif
I think a lower weight is faster but only if you train to find the speed and stay healthy.

Gigi - !! Mostly just happy to se eyou posting here. I always learn from you.

bec, I sounds like that yearbook is coming right along.

Gaye, it is hard to complain about a weekend of skiing but I get the tired thing. :yawn

PO7,
joy.gif
for a good job situation and I hope your little one is healthy and happier today.

#451 ·
I finally feel remotely human, so I thought I'd check in. DH took me to urgent care yesterday because I was coughing so hard that I would vomit. Flu test ~ Positive. So I started Tamiflu and amazingly, I feel much better today. Not all better, but definitely not as bad as yesterday. Remind me to get a flu shot next year....

Anyway, I absolutely must sing DH's praises for all he did yesterday. Not only did he play with the kids all day (scooter races, basement soccer and wiffleball, coloring, math problems for all of them, Lego, you name it!) he also washed dried and folded all the laundry, made all the beds, and cleaned the entire kitchen too. I think he's a better stay at home parent than I am!

Off to catch up with the 23 posts I missed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.