Lots to Lose Tribe - January - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 234 Old 01-16-2011, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone, 

Hope I can join in.

Well I have at least 70 lbs to go until I feel healthy. I have to do this for my daughter on so many levels. She is six months old and I think I officially feel the worst about myself then I ever have before. I gained this weight after I decided to quit eating and purging. 

I was born to a tiny petite woman and a body builder. I am large and big busted. It posed quite a bit of challenges growing up as my parents never understood me. They were always talking about my weight. My husband sees pictures of me as a child and he cannot understand why they were always on me about how big I was.  I find myself being equally critical of myself. I am a recovering bulimic and have a really hard time with weight loss systems such as weight watchers. 

I don't know where to begin with the weight loss, but I do know it needs to happen so that I can love myself for me, steer clear of diseases that are most common among those overweight, and create a healthy life for my child and future children. 

Wow, feels good to write that all down. Thanks. Good luck to all of you.

Learning to be a one income family. Learning to be a mama. Living with lots of heartbeat.gif

#122 of 234 Old 01-16-2011, 04:21 PM

grouphug.gif Suddenly mama. weight was always an issue in my house too. My sister was anorexic.

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#123 of 234 Old 01-17-2011, 03:55 AM

I go up at 4:30am to hit the gym before the kids woke up. Everything hurts.lol.gif

There are three things I learned about life. It goes on. -Longfellow

stillheart.gifRIP DH DJ Delicious but mucho gracias for our children and all I have learnedstillheart.gif

#124 of 234 Old 01-17-2011, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suddenlyamama View Post

Hi everyone, 

Hope I can join in.

Well I have at least 70 lbs to go until I feel healthy. I have to do this for my daughter on so many levels. She is six months old and I think I officially feel the worst about myself then I ever have before. I gained this weight after I decided to quit eating and purging. 

I was born to a tiny petite woman and a body builder. I am large and big busted. It posed quite a bit of challenges growing up as my parents never understood me. They were always talking about my weight. My husband sees pictures of me as a child and he cannot understand why they were always on me about how big I was.  I find myself being equally critical of myself. I am a recovering bulimic and have a really hard time with weight loss systems such as weight watchers. 

I don't know where to begin with the weight loss, but I do know it needs to happen so that I can love myself for me, steer clear of diseases that are most common among those overweight, and create a healthy life for my child and future children. 

Wow, feels good to write that all down. Thanks. Good luck to all of you.

Mama, I can relate.  have suffered with eating disorders all my life it seems. I am either eating to excess, not eating at all, or eating and purging. I have let my weight creep up because I was scared to tackle it the right way. I see a therapist now and I find it to be very helpful. Best wishes!

stillheart.gifRIP DH DJ Delicious but mucho gracias for our children and all I have learnedstillheart.gif

#125 of 234 Old 01-17-2011, 04:50 AM

hug.gif abby and welcome, momonthebeach

I weighed in today at 214, 6 pounds down in 2 weeks, right on track. I worked out 6 times last week. I kept under my calories for the most part, and completely if you average. The things I need to work on this week is the no food after 8pm and less salty foods. This weekend was crazy at the animal e-clinic, as always. I worked a 12 and a 14 hours shift. No workout and yesterday was a bad calorie day for me. I had ramen noodles last night and think it's why I weighed 214 instead of 210. I was maintaining until today. Oh well...like I said, I'm still on track smile.gif

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#126 of 234 Old 01-17-2011, 04:56 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

hi everyone.  i weighed myself this morning for the first time in probably two years and... yikes... it was much more than i was expecting. this is the highest i've weighed, non-pregnant.  i don't even want to write the number down.. sigh.   i'm going to be a bridesmaid in may, and i really want to lose some weight before then, especially, but i'll need to continue on for the rest of the year as well.  i'm aiming to lose at least 50 pounds in the next year.  i really need your support!  i've lost weight before, and gained it back, and lost, and gained... i just seem to lose steam after a few months of working hard.

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th
#127 of 234 Old 01-17-2011, 05:39 AM

Down 2 or 3 - hard to know which (darn scale, lol).  I don't suppose it matters though.  It is not hard for me to lose 2-3 pounds in a week  - I have done it multiple times in my life.  What is hard is doing it consistently week after week.  I can see now I turn to food when I am stressed or bored, so I have to figure out new habits to replace eating at inappropriate times.

I have to do a painting for my moms 70th birthday this weekend which is good.  I have not done much creative stuff in years, and it might be just what I need to relax and keep my hands busy.

#128 of 234 Old 01-17-2011, 06:46 AM

Kathy,

I agree, the hard part is keeping the momentum going. My scale needs a battery so I am off the hook for now at least! I found myself really craving sweets this week, unlike the first 2 weeks (not cycle related). And I found myself HUNGRY!

I thought about what was going on and realized that I am getting tired of the foods and snacks I have been eating already, almonds, yogurt, cheese. So I made a list of things that sounded appealing to me to eat this week - oatmeal, veggies and white bean dip, veggie burgers, and more fruit. We'll see how it works. I didn't realize how much boredom comes into play for me. One other thing I have been noticing since I have been cooking is that I like ALOT of flavor.

On the workout front, I have been sticking to my 4, 1 hour workouts a week. I am working hard and am sore all the time. But I feel great actually, and I can feel myself getting stronger and less winded.

I think that I didn't lose but didn't gain, so about 6 down total.

ETA: Kathy, I am a lapsed creative as well!

Nancy

#129 of 234 Old 01-17-2011, 07:00 AM

hide.gif

I've been doing not so good the past week or two so I haven't posted. I can come up with a million excuses as to why I fell off the wagon, but I'm going to climb back on and start working out again.

#130 of 234 Old 01-17-2011, 08:24 AM

Can I post a challenge?  I hope it is appropriate here.....

OK - challenge for all posters and lurkers (you know who you are!)  do a minimum of 10 minutes of exercise today.  Even if all you can handle is arm chair exercises...do it!

Ok.  Challenge issued.  Have fun.

#131 of 234 Old 01-17-2011, 11:11 AM

Thanks for the welcomes and good job to everyone posting weight loss! I'm looking forward to doing that next week:) I did a 45 min Interval workout today (ChaLean Extreme Burn Intervals) and it kicked my butt! I am proud of how well I kept up though. I am not in as bad of shape as I thought. Sure will be easier once I'm not lugging around all this extra weight! Eating has been pretty good. I had a bite of cake (it was my baby's 3rd b-day Friday) but resisted eating a whole piece. Baby steps...

Katie

#132 of 234 Old 01-17-2011, 05:22 PM

Hi everyone! I weighed in today -- only down 0.2lbs this week. I do have wicked PMS and my boobs feel like they might explode off my body, but still. Those stupid numbers have so much power. :-(

I've been kicking butt with exercising though. I managed to get in a 40 minute walk over my lunch break and then I did a 30 minute Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD. You all should see me though. Imagining a bull in a china shop would be too kind! I'm in a tiny TV/playroom, natigating around a 4 year old, a kitty cat, and an enormous Labrador retriever, all of whom want nothing more than to be directly underfoot... while I attempt to shadow box and do lunges and stuff. I get some balance practice in too, lol! But I'm proud because it means my daughter is seeing me make exercise a priority.

Next week better be better on the scale though! Not even a whole pound in two weeks... come on!

Robin, strong and happy single mama to Anna (7/06)
"Au milieu de l'hiver, j'ai découvert en moi un invincible été."
#133 of 234 Old 01-17-2011, 08:09 PM

Weighed in this morning and gained almost 2 pounds.  I guessed I would have a gain because I was off my diet all week and totally loading up on carbs.  I'm posting my gain to keep myself honest.  Oh, how I wanted to just not tell anybody.

I am feeling better mentally, so I'm hoping that this week will be easier for me to get back on track.   Have a great week everybody!  Keep up the good work!

Judy mom to Dash (9), Corbin (7) and Will (3) :
#134 of 234 Old 01-18-2011, 02:56 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

ok, so i have come up with a loose plan for myself... i'd like to get 30-60 mins exercise in each day, broken down into 2 sessions.. 20-30 mins each.  i plan on getting up early.. that's the best time of day for me.. all the kids asleep!  and hitting the treadmill... i'm thinking of starting c25k.   then, during nap time, i'll either do my 30 day Shred dvd, or elliptical.  i'll at least get the morning exercise in, and hopefully, most days i'll get the nap time session in too.. as long as everyone naps, lol (i run a home daycare!).  i used to try to exercise in the evenings, when hubby gets home, but by then, i am so tired out!

i'm not going to stress out too much about eating, yet.  just doing the obvious no pop, chocolate or chips.. my big 3 temptations.  i should lose weight just from not eating those!  i've been mostly off pop for the last few months, with just a few slip ups, i need to keep working on it... oh how i love dr. pepper!  but that's a big part of how i got here to begin with :(   i figure if i have a hard time with losing the weight (this is only day 2 for me), then i'll revisit my diet.  i'm pretty good with eating healthy meals, it's the snacking that gets me.  hopefully, as long as i snack on healthier stuff, i'll be okay.  we'll see!

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th
#135 of 234 Old 01-18-2011, 06:16 AM

yeah I gained like 3lbs and am eating chinese food left over from last night...

I have had horrific heart burn for 5 days and I am going nuts, can't sleep.

I did buy the pussycat dolls workout video though LOL I do not like them at all FYI but it's like a hip hop dance video so maybe I will feel good about it. It was on sale for $9

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#136 of 234 Old 01-18-2011, 07:07 AM

I am slowly realizing that no matter how few calories I eat, if they're "heavy" calories, i.e. buffalo wings, or calories eaten after 8pm, they result in me weighing a little bit more the next day. I am consistently in my swing of 210-215, but I'm ready to move below that 210 mark. No more buffalo wings (even if I still meet my calories) and no more eating after 8pm. I am so determined this time. This will happen.

I said to someone the other day that my goal weight was 130 pounds and they thought that was too skinny. I'm 5'6" and don't think that's unreasonable. It's certainly in the healthy range. And if I aim for a lower weight, I think it pushes me to try even harder. What do you girls think?

#137 of 234 Old 01-18-2011, 07:39 AM

Well I am 5'3 and my goal is 138lbs which is just at the healthy BMI limit so I may go down a bit more, but I have a very hourglass figure and am suppose to be "thick" KWIM? Like when I weighed 155lbs I looked like I weighed 135lbs, it's all boobs and booty lol well hips too.

DH like me curvy and doesn't want me to be a "stick" but I just want to be in a healthy BMI.

I feel like 130lbs for 5'6 would be very thin, but IDK if it would suite your figure.

#138 of 234 Old 01-18-2011, 08:09 AM

Good morning all! I did another Interval Training today (get lean intervals from Chalean Extreme) Pretty sure I won't be able to walk tomorrow:)! One workout closer to where I need to be...

Katie

#139 of 234 Old 01-18-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivated Mama View Post

I am slowly realizing that no matter how few calories I eat, if they're "heavy" calories, i.e. buffalo wings, or calories eaten after 8pm, they result in me weighing a little bit more the next day. I am consistently in my swing of 210-215, but I'm ready to move below that 210 mark. No more buffalo wings (even if I still meet my calories) and no more eating after 8pm. I am so determined this time. This will happen.

I said to someone the other day that my goal weight was 130 pounds and they thought that was too skinny. I'm 5'6" and don't think that's unreasonable. It's certainly in the healthy range. And if I aim for a lower weight, I think it pushes me to try even harder. What do you girls think?

I am 5'6''.  I weigh 230ish.

The lowest I have ever weighed as an adult was 140.  I was about 22, flat broke and hiking through Europe.  So little food coupled with lots of exercise equalled 140 pound for me.  I do not think it is a sustainable lifestyle, though.

My goal is around 160-180.  Sounds high for some people, but is more realistic for me than 130.  I also like a bit of curve, lol.

I think 130 is lean on most people our height.  I do not think it is too low, but for me it would be an unrealistic goal.  For others, it might be OK.  I can see how for others it might be motivating.

I also like food, and I can eat more of it at 170 than at 130.  

BettinaAuSucre likes this.
#140 of 234 Old 01-18-2011, 11:37 AM

I accept the 10 minute challenge! I have been hiking all around campus with a big ass (oh, I do mean that literally) 40lb back pack. It's like carrying toddlers all over again...only up and down flights of stairs. I was going to get up early and hit the Y but I had to study for anatomy. I'm running on only three hours of sleep but sticking to my food plan. I really like the slimfast shake in the morning because I don't have time in the morning to sit down and eat because it's always hectic in our home with trying to get the kids dressed, teeth brushed, breakfast and then I have to run them to my IL's to catch the bus while I have an early math class from HELL!! This is the second week of school and we have all ready had four quizzes and a test on Friday. My brain is going to explode! If it does explode I hope it takes some stomach and thighs with it.lol.gif

#141 of 234 Old 01-18-2011, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

I was out of town all weekend.  Other than half a pan of a reeses dessert, I didn't do to bad.  Got some walking and cleaning in at our cabin.  My husband caught sight of a mountain lion when we were leaving a state park.  It was pretty surprising to see and very rare.  I was looking the other way and missed it. 

I'm 5'5 and 130 looked pretty thin on me.  I haven't been that weight since 10th grade.  I don't really have a weight goal in mind.  I was pretty happy with how I looked before kids at 150.  Right now, all I'm thinking about is being under 200.

I bought an exercise bike last night.  It should be here tomorrow.  It's a recumbent.  I think it will help me a lot, since walking hurts right now.  I have foot problems that I need to get looked at.  I think I have plantar fascitis. 

Wendy - mom to dd1(11), dd2(7), dd3(3)
#142 of 234 Old 01-18-2011, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Well I think I'm the only person uncoordinated enough to injure myself doing yoga LOL!  I hurt the top of my foot on Sunday.  I did a half ass workout on Monday.  Haven't yet done anything today. It's challenge and weigh in day on my Biggest Loser game, and I don't know if my foot is up for the challenge.  I will probably do some upper body stuff.  I haven't weighed in officially on the game but according to my home scale I've lost another 3-5lbs.

On the topic of goal weight-I am 5'9". I am aiming for around 175lbs.  This is technically over my healthy bmi limit, which is 125-169lbs.  I don't think I'd look healthy or good at much less than 150lbs.  I'm tall and broad shouldered I feel l'd look sick.   

student/sahm to three awesome girls who are always on the go!
#143 of 234 Old 01-18-2011, 05:56 PM

233 today so 3 more pounds for 9 total. I feel like a feather, ha, ha! I do feel so much better, sleeping better as well. Eating 3 prepared meals at home, and 4 hard 1 hour workouts a week.

I too am completely fixated on getting below 200. Am really trying for 230 by February 1st. I was 190 in February of 2006, before I got pregnant with my twins. My twins were 38 weekers and weighed 6.15 and 8.6. That is 15.5 pounds of baby! I was in so much pain by the end. My older DD was 9.1.

I have achey feet as well. There is an insole you can buy called Superfeet and it does help a lot.

N.
#144 of 234 Old 01-19-2011, 12:37 AM

Hiya ladies...  I missed Monday's weigh-in because our scales broke!!  Not happy!!  Getting a new set tomorrow, so I'll be all set for next Monday.

Eating has been on track, exercise not where I'd like it (due to being unwell) - but at least I'm doing more.

I thought you'd all like these cartoons I found...

253.jpg    239.jpg

194.jpg     159.jpg

151.jpg     328.jpg

089.jpg     007-fast-food-cartoon.gif

#145 of 234 Old 01-19-2011, 05:59 AM

Thanks for the cartoons!  I am thinking of posting the "feel a little good/feel a little bad now" one on the fridge.  Without question, the link to "eat fun food now to feel good now" has been a major issue for me.

#146 of 234 Old 01-19-2011, 06:45 AM

WendyLand - i have Plantars Fasciatis as well   i live in an apt. with concrete floors - that always seems to set it off....CANNOT walk barefoot on a concrete floor ...no matter how nice the carpets are!  I invested in some very good shoe to wear ALL the time at home and the pain goes away.

Last week i was in charge of making cookies for a Holiday party with my doula group....why cookies???  i pigged out on them - the good news is my Monday weigh in was the same as the week before 275 - at least there was no gain.  Now i can get back to my reasonable - no sugar, no flour diet and try and squeeze in 10 minutes of lifting the baby up and down!  lol

Happy at Home Mama to DD 4/95 DS 4/98 and DS#2 8/10  femalesling.GIF        h20homebirth.gif       sewmachine.gif

http://www.etsy.com/shop/motherhendoula

#147 of 234 Old 01-19-2011, 06:51 AM

abby - I know what you mean about the crazy mornings. My three are 4, 3, and 2. The 4 and 3 year olds go to pre-K Mon-Thu. The 3 and 2 year olds are both high-needs and the 3 year old has a sensory processing disorder, so trying to get him dressed and out the door in a timely manner is a no-go. It takes a lot of push-and-pull and patience on my part.

Wendy - I would have loved to have seen a mountain lion. How exhilarating that would be! Too bad you missed it! I believe that we had one (being rehabilitated in captivity) come into our emergency clinic once, but I wasn't there; however, I was there for a bald eagle once. THAT was exhilarating. When it came down to it though, I would not touch his talons to get him out of the cage (with help, even). Guess I wouldn't make a good wildlife technician! Also, I love my bike at home - it's a life-saver when I can't get out because DH is working overtime.

Hey Mama! - Don't beat yourself up over the yoga injury. Yoga IS hard.

Caroline - WTG on the 9 pound loss! I know you can reach 230 by February 1st!

music - I love the low-fat, low-carb, turn-into-a-moody-grouch-and-lose-all-your-friends-diet. Definitely need to avoid that smile.gif

I didn't meet my 8pm rule last night. I was at the gym until 9pm and had only eaten around 900 calories at that point, so I ate a stuffed pepper and treated myself to some chocolate ice cream (with milk; I know, weird, right?). I was working hard on my resume and cover letter for a new position and the deadline was yesterday. And I spent 2 hours at the gym. I'm surprised I'm eating so little calories though; here's the food I ate yesterday:

coffee with milk and sugar
cheese omelet (1 egg)
1 slice stuffed-crust cheese pizza (no sauce) with garlic dipping sauce (DH manages a Pizza Hut)
1/2 cup of pistachios, which I didn't finish because I got salt tongue
A mini chocolate chip cookie while grocery shopping with the 3 kids
A stuffed pepper
And chocolate ice cream!
Total: 1485 calories
Fat: 73g Carbs: 143g Protein: 68g Well balanced, but not enough calories
At the gym, I did 25 min on the tm, 20min of light weights, and 45 min on the exercise bike. I don't even ache.

Wow if you made it this far. Sorry for the long post. One last thing I wanted to add is that I weighed 135-145 when I was 21 (6-7 years ago), drinking, partying, and running. So, now, I think that if I'm not drinking and I am running, 130 is a reasonable goal. We shall see...I'll aim for 150 first smile.gif

#148 of 234 Old 01-19-2011, 07:14 AM

I really want to join! Can I start now and catch up with you  guys?

At the new year I weighed in at 256 and that was a real wake up. I can't do that. I did a very laid back approach to losing for one week and then have gotten much more serious. I am working out everyday, crunches, bike riding, jumping jacks, etc. And, I am eating well and really avoiding all sugar. Here is my stats:

January 2:    256

January 9:    253

January 17:  245

Total lost:  11 pounds!

First Goal: 239

Second goal: 225

Third Goal: 215

Ultimate goal 185

#149 of 234 Old 01-19-2011, 07:23 AM

LOL that cartoon is funny music. It is so true when I was 150 I looked damn good but I *felt* huge and was constantly worrying about how fat I looked...

Caroline Awesome job on the weight loss! You will be under 2 in no time!!

Clay That's great you are practically at your goal!

I need to get back on track!

#150 of 234 Old 01-19-2011, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

I liked the comics.  Definitely some fridge worthy ones in there. 

I'm so glad this group is active.  Thanks for the tips on my foot problem.  I walk barefoot a lot.  I'm trying to wear shoes indoors more, but I feel like my feet will get lazy wearing shoes. 

I had my mirena taken out yesterday.  I've been feeling wacky ever since.  I felt like I needed to crawl out of my skin last night. So, I went out and read a book at the bookstore and had a cupcake.  It was so good.  I'm feeling a little less "on edge" today, but having trouble concentrating on my work. 

Wendy - mom to dd1(11), dd2(7), dd3(3)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page