I hate my stomach and thighs!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-05-2011, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've lost about 23 pounds since September but my thighs and stomach still look bad. I've never had super thin thighs but atleast they used to be toned. I also never had a six-pack or anything but my stomach didn't pooch out when I sat down.

I don't have diastasis. I can fit my pointer finger between my ab muscles if I turn it sideways and push a little, so it's 1/4 an inch or less. When I am standing my abs look pretty good but when I sit they pooch out like a pregnant lady. My outer thighs don't look bad but my inner thighs are horrible. They spread out like hot butter when I sit down!!

I'm on W3D2 of C25K, and W3 of New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women. I have also been doing EA Active Sports on the Wii and two more days at the gym. I've been doing low carb but I've cheated a little the past few weeks. I cannot get below 123. The lowest I should go according to my height is 118.

What can I do to improve my stomach and thighs?? I'm also depressed about my breasts, but there isn't much I can do there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2011, 02:53 PM

Congrats on your weight loss! You have a lot to be proud of. You're doing such a fabulous job and are an inspiration for others who want to lose. Maybe you're not "losing" because you've gained muscle. It takes time to tone those muscles. Other than the Wii workout, I'm not sure what those other workouts are but you are doing a lot of workout time. You need to give your body time to rest in between workouts.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the kind words.

C25K is Couch to 5K, a running program. I never thought I could run, as I have asthma and bronchiectasis. I'm on week three of the program though. The other is a weight lifting program. My bootcamp class has been a water one, so it's probably not as tough as a land one. I do C25K and the weightlifting program 3 days a week, bootcamp one day, and then assorted workouts 1 or 2 other days. My husband just got me the EA Active Sports and I have done 4 workouts on it.

Unfortunately the weight seems to have come off my hips and butt, where I didn't need to lose a lot and stayed in the other places. I know I can't spot reduce for the fat, but I was hoping someone had some good exercises for toning those areas. I always wondered why women that exercised and ate well still have lipo, I think now I know!!! I don't want surgery though.

I think I need to revamp my eating plan, because I'm getting bored with the meals I've been fixing. I've been reading some low carb boards for new recipes to try. I didn't exercise at all today because I've been light headed and achey. A bunch of people in my family have had the flu, so I hope I'm not headed that way!

User Tag List