thoughts on WW Points Plus - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-13-2011, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have heard mixed things on the new WW program.. I am very excited to re-join but I wondered what the general consensus is on points plus.  Any feedback would be great!!!

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 01-13-2011, 11:55 AM

I actually just rejoined.  I did WW in college and I really liked it.  The difference between the old program and the new is:

- the old program used calories, fat, and fiber to calculate points. The new program uses fat, carbs, protein, and fiber.

- all fruits and non starchy veggies are 0 points.

- you get more points per day (yay!) and 49 extra points to either use over the course of the week or to save for a dinner out or a party.

- They are much more focused on choosing HEALTHY food ( what they call "power foods)  vs. any food that fits within your points.

I really like the new program :) 

The online tools are really neat and there is a free iphone app for calculating and tracking points when you are out. 

Nikki
Mom to my boys A (6), J (4), and my baby girl A (10/25/10)
#3 of 7 Old 01-14-2011, 03:58 AM - Thread Starter

I went last night, I think I am going to like it too but I have GOT to get out of that mindset of certain foods being  certain points.  I usually have a cup of coffee each day mixed with a packet of hot chocolate and a splash of soy milk..  OOPS- it is now 4 pts. 

So, time to change my ways I think.. I had read some negative things on some website yesterday about the program but a guy in my meeting lost 13 lbs his first week back and a woman lost 6.  I am definitely going to try it- I had the most luck when it was 1-2-3 success but that was right when i started and I was super motivated.  I am glad it is a new program now, a new year, and a new start for me!

(UGH, I sound like a WW commercial).

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#4 of 7 Old 01-19-2011, 08:54 PM

I just restarted (quit while I was pregnant) and I think I like it.  It's hard looking at my total and realizing I ate 45 points and that's ok.  On the old plan my daily target was 32 so I still freak out when it's more than 32.  Then I realize it's a new plan.  I love the free fruit though!

obstruct livery vehicles

#5 of 7 Old 01-20-2011, 08:06 PM

I posted on the WW thread on here the other day... I love it.  It works really well for the way I eat: extremely healthy, veggie and lean protein dense foods... what I need help with is the homebrews, texmex and pizza. Basically I can eat a boat of the good stuff, but its easy to see the junk add up quickly. (Don't tell my DH I called the homebrews junk.)

I have done WW before and I strongly prefer the new program.  For whatever reason, I was always hungry before, but not this time.  Its nice that you can always eat a banana.

I totally know what you mean about your morning drink... Mine was 5 pts, but I am now back to drinking coffee and skim, .5 pt.

Due January 23rd with my
Missing Asa James, born into this world 11-17-08 and into the next 12-25-08
#6 of 7 Old 01-25-2011, 08:19 AM

I've done WW on & off for almost 13 years now.  I've reached goal & for some reason I end up back to my old ways & therefore I've never kept the weight off for any significant amount of time.  I think that this new program is better I feel like I'm going to become lifetime on this program & never look back.  It is just so doable & it follows more of what I believe as far as healthy goes.  For instance the recipes contain real butter & sugar now, instead of substitutes!  I want to lose about 25 lbs and I've already lost 6.5 in 3 weeks!  YAY!

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
#7 of 7 Old 01-25-2011, 10:07 AM

Cookie Pie-

Good for you and I totally agree... it was a total turn off to get recipes with FF Cool Whip.

Due January 23rd with my
Missing Asa James, born into this world 11-17-08 and into the next 12-25-08

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page