Dingos Running For Love in February! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 414 Old 02-26-2011, 06:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
An indoor triathalon sounds interesting. I haven't run in the last couple of days. DH got home in time for me to go out Thursday night with some other moms and I had a few too many and spent yesterday nursing a headache along with a nasty cold. Today I'm working, but I hope to get back on the horse tomorrow and start the Bridge to 10k. Hopefully I'm not sniffling so much tomorrow.

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#362 of 414 Old 02-26-2011, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone.

Tough end of week at work. Too many issues to go into but it seems a lot of kids are just going off the rails lately. Sigh.

So I had a great 13 miler this morning with my club. Very nice.

On the up side, I've lost weight. On the down side, I need some new warm weather running bottoms, as the weather here is getting warmer. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my lotta-breeze-capris from skirtsports. But I am not as in love with their running skirts because I find the inner shorts aren't compressive enough and ride up. I hate that. I love running skirts; I love having the compression shorts underneath because I detest the thigh-rub, but I haven't found a perfect skirt yet. Or shorts. Any suggestions? I just got the Athleta catalogue and they have a ton of new running skirts but I don't know anyone who has any. I always find myself overwhelmed when I go to the running store, and I end up buying something that seems 'okay' but then in the first run...well, you know. You find problems.

I like a bit longer length in my bottoms -- shorts at least 4-5 inch inseam, running skirts about 14 inches.

Any ideas?

I went to TJMaxx and Marshalls but it is so hit or miss there, they had a ton of asics shorts but they were all this weird balloon-like fit. Odd.

Anyway, half marathon coming up in 2 weeks. Then my students' 5K the following, a 10K in the beginning of April...then I am going to need a new goal. My brother registered for the NYMarathon lottery and is bugging me to do it. I am still really undecided about a fall marathon, because it means long runs in the August/September heat here which is totally brutal. I don't know. I was kind of thinking Disney again...

Signing off to go to the park with my kids in a gorgeous, bright blue sky, 75* Florida sunshiney day.

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#363 of 414 Old 02-26-2011, 11:03 AM

I'm back and determined to stay!

I'm also over my post-vacation grouchiness, so that's a good thing.  This was my kids' vacation week, so I wasn't able to escape to work out, but we had a lovely playdate with one of DD's first-grade classmates, who unexpectedly was very willing to include DS in her playdate.  Stuck in the house with three kids entertaining each other meant I got a bunch of housework done.  We also had a big playgroup of the moms I met when DD was a newborn.  It was wonderful chaos, with all of our kids running around crazy and the moms able to drink coffee and chat about how we wished our kids were still little and we could meet once a week like we used to. 

I also spent a couple of days with my parents, and managed to con my mom into doing my sewing project for me--turning two pairs of corduroy pants into skirts.  In return, I took my grandmother to visit a lovely senior living place nearby.  It was beautiful; I would like to move in there myself.  Unfortunately, my grandmother is picky and didn't love it, but continues to complain about the place she is currently living.  She's driving my mom crazy and I hoped I'd be able to fix it, but I couldn't sell her on this place.

Have any of you been looking at the zero waste home blog?  There was an article somewhere that caught my eye, and I've been checking out the woman's blog.  I'm simultaneously inspired and horrified.  Today I decided to start tracking our trash, to see if there's any way to reduce what we throw out.  I've also started tracking my food today, in the hopes of making myself eat better before I get back into working out on Monday.  I start projects like this when I'm bored and restless.  I need winter to end so I can occupy myself with yardwork.

I'll write some lovely personals later; I kind of promised the kids we'd find an ice-skating rink today, and they don't forget things like that.  So now I need to look up some directions and figure out how to be in a good mood about leaving my nice, warm house, getting into the cold car, and spending an hour and a half in a frozen rink.  If DH weren't so grumpy about having to rent skates, I might be in a better mood.  If he knew how I feel about him when he shows off his exceptional skating skills (faint.gif), he would be in a much better mood, too.  winky.gif

Enjoy the afternoon! 

#364 of 414 Old 02-26-2011, 11:52 AM

Have fun at the tri, JayGee! I hope it's great.

La, glad your grumpies are going away. I know I took this most recent snowstorm very personally and actually felt depressed over it for a couple days. I am now drawing my strength from the 10-day forecast and the couple days over 32F that I can see from here.

Nick, I have the shorts issue too, and love the capris. Much of my running gear is wearing out, and I just hope to find a couple decent pieces before we leave, so I don't have any reasons not to get active right away. In my experience, the skirts are almost always too short. I was looking at the Skirt dress + capri combination, but jeez, pricey. Not sure what I'll do.

I suddenly turned reeeaaaallly lazy. Dh got home last night, so I have been poring over info and materials he brought home. Of course, even through we were both exhausted, we stayed up chatting too late, and then had to get up early and feed the babies. They are coming along, learning how to latch as mama learns to put up with 3 nurslings. Ds and dh are handling the midday feeding for me now, and I am going to make a cup of tea and take a hot bath, and later we are going to eat dinner out somewhere. Nowhere fancy, just cooked by someone else for a change. I submitted an official enquiry and started assembling app paperwork for the school in Dubai (yes, Dubai), and I should be able to mail in the app on Monday, which should secure them both spots--a load off my mind.

I wish dh had some time off from his instructing schedule, but he is booked over the next 3 weeks at least. Now I think I really am starting to get nervous. The first send-off party is next weekend already (early because of dh's schedule) and then the family wants to have one three weeks later, and in no time, dh will be gone and I will be wrapping things up. nut.gif I sure hope I can do this. Time now to schedule the shipping survey and get the new bank account opened. I'm really pleased with what I saw of the neighborhood where we'll try to find a place. He brought home lots of little video clips from his housing exploration.

RR: Maybe I should have gone to the Y today, but maybe the rest day was the better idea. I did 15min on the elliptical yesterday + 45min running, and that was 4 consecutive days of pretty decent workouts. I should be able to sneak out tomorrow at 9AM and take the better part of the day at the Y.

#365 of 414 Old 02-26-2011, 12:10 PM

Kinda drowning in stuff to do here, but I did manage 4m this morning. I was slow and kind of wheezy so I called it at 4m instead of going for more, and then realized when I came inside that it was only about 15* out. So, duh! It was hard to breathe. lol.gif I'm hoping to do 6+ tomorrow. Which is my birthday. I'll be 36. Took dd with me to work this morning to do some stuff I should have done during the week but didn't. We had kind of a nice time chatting and playing around in my office. I need to make more one on one time with her as it's our best sort of interaction.

I am having general work despair, but trying not to feel it too badly or take it too much to heart. I am on a committee doing work that is really stressing me out. My dear colleague, who is a friend and also a gentle person, was so upset earlier in the week that he was quite angry near me/in my general direction, if not at me, that I finally told him I was only the messenger and I was tired of being shot. He was very apologetic and I think we're back on our usual very good terms, but it's just an indication of how frustrating the situation is. Bleah.

Off to grade and to clean in preparation for having my interterm study abroad group over for dinner later in the week - I am quite excited to see them again. smile.gif

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#366 of 414 Old 02-26-2011, 01:40 PM

nic~I'm surprised you don't like the skirtsports skirts. I like them for exactly the reasons you mentioned...they're the only ones I've found that have longer shorts that *don't* ride up. Hmm.

la~I dropped our trash down to one bag a week just by recycling. It was insane what a difference that made. It's a hassle for me because I have to take the recycling to a singlestream recycling drop-off, but it makes me feel at least slightly better about my impact on the world. redface.gif

birthday.gif Penelope!

I've been trying to read along but not keeping up very well. Busy busy busy. Week 3 of 4, done, at least. I'm a little irritated that I didn't get as good of a grade as I expected on my care plan, given that I did revisions based on her comments. What irritates me is that the things she took points off for were not mentioned anywhere in her comments on my first submission. She said my interventions section looked good, but just needed reorganized, but then took three points off. irked.gif Oh well. It just makes me worried for the second care plan, which needs to be done this weekend. It's worth twice as much as the first one and she's not going to give us feedback before the final submission.

And, guess what? XH is engaged. rolleyes.gif I have to say, I'm surprised at how little I really care, other than for how it impacts DS. It just infuriates me that he's apparently willing to choose her and HER son over his own son. irked.gif

DS's school fundraiser auction is tonight, which should be fun. Especially because my mom sent me a check for me to buy some stuff for me/DS. love.gif

rr~12 miles. Pushing the chariot. With a major headwind for most of the way back. I had a friend who ran with me for the middle 1/3 and it was a HUGE help. Those miles flew by. Unfortunately, after she left me was when it got a little rough, but still not terrible. I had a decent amount of walking for the last mile and was still under 11 minute pace, so I must have been moving pretty well when I was running. I have no idea, though, really, since I forgot to switch my mile lap counter back on after track on Wednesday. I was surprised with how good I felt, all things considered. Next week's 10 could be kind of ugly, though...especially since it's going to be my only run of the week. yikes.gif

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#367 of 414 Old 02-26-2011, 01:46 PM

blowkiss.gifDingos.

Just a quick hello to all you guys for the weekend. I have been so under water with work this past week ... or two... and it is about to start again on Monday. Oh well, I'm sure glad to have the work, even if it is sometimes too much of a good thing.

So I was a real slacker during most of that busy period. Poor diet, no forward motion of any sort. Starting last Wednesday, though, I put my big girl pants back on and started running, swimming and even made my husband get his bike out for our first brick workout. We rode to the track for a 20 minute tempo run, then rode home. Today, I met up with a beginners bike group starting from a bike shop here near me. It was fun! Even of the beginners, I was one of the slowest, but I kept up and had a great time. We even rode by my house, so now I know a (very indirect) route to the bike store that does not involve more than maybe 1/8 mile on the busy highway. You do have to cross it twice, but I can handle that. So anyway, since getting back into working out, my mood has improved 100%! Lack of exercise + poor diet = a very grouchy lady. Why do I have to relearn that every few months?

Jo, enjoy your day at the Y. It sounds lovely, and is certainly long due.

La4: and you have fun watching your DH skate! wink1.gif

Penelope: Blech about the tense interpersonal stuff at work. I hope you have a very lovely birthday!

ETA: Gaye, 12 miles pushing the stroller... wow. Now that is a workout!!! Good job!

2whistle.gif I did just scarf down a half a bar of really nice chocolate, though.

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#368 of 414 Old 02-26-2011, 02:21 PM

The tri was so fun!  They didn't count transition times, so after the swim, I sauntered to the locker room, changed into bike shorts and a top from my soggy suit and then did the bike and run.  Much better than biking in soggy tri shorts!  I think I did pretty well, but since we went off in waves, there are still people racing and they won't post results until later this evening.  My splits were:

Swim 400y ~ 7:14 (very happy with this!)

Bike 8 miles on spin bike ~ 19:30ish (basically, put the tension at 1 and spin as high RPMs as you can stand)

Run 2.5 miles on treadmill ~ 20:30ish (oh, how I loathe treadmill running), which was a 8:06 pace

I love tris!  Can't wait for my next "real" one.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#369 of 414 Old 02-26-2011, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Gaye I went and tried on the skirtsports one today and I did like it. But holy moly! It's $75! jaw2.gif

No way can I do that on one running skirt. Jeez.

Back later, going to put the chicken on the grill and make the fresh cabbage coleslaw.

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#370 of 414 Old 02-26-2011, 03:05 PM

Happy Birthday Penelope!

joy.gif for a good tri JayGee.

Gaye, you are impressive - that run, jaw2.gif

Nic, I recently ordered some sport skirts (when they had the kick start skirt free with a $75 order). When they arrived I thought they were so beautiful but they did not fit. They were off in body length (short) and gap-py in girth (big). In any event the racer girl skirt had special stay put tape on the leg openings. Sierra Trading Post has some skirt sports but I don't know what at the moment.
I think I like moving comfort compression shorts under C9 cheapie running shorts from Target. I have one set and would like to duplicate it. I've had a couple pieces of workout clothing bite the dust recently and I don't have much to begin with.

After my sucky, congested 6 this morning my parents came down for a birthday celebration (my dad's) serving ice cream and his favorite, cherry pie.eat.gif

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#371 of 414 Old 02-26-2011, 03:22 PM

Nic, I totally scored at TJ Maxx last spring. I think it was their skirt season. I've also gotten some really nice/durable ones at Target. I only wear skirts unless it's super cold and then I dig out the tights, so I am inclined to buy 'em when I see 'em.

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

#372 of 414 Old 02-26-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post

Bike 8 miles on spin bike ~ 19:30ish (basically, put the tension at 1 and spin as high RPMs as you can stand)

Run 2.5 miles on treadmill ~ 20:30ish (oh, how I loathe treadmill running), which was a 8:06 pace

clap.gifthumbsup.gif

Melissa
mom to 3 lovely kids
#373 of 414 Old 02-26-2011, 11:04 PM

Yay, jaygee! clap.gif

nic~I have only ever bought one skirt at full price...I wait till they go on clearance and scoop them up. orngtongue.gif If you sign up for their emails, you get advance notice on their sales. I bought two skirts in the past few months for $40-45 each.

I may have just fired off a not-so-nice email to XH detailing all the thoughts that have been going through my head for the past several months on this moving thing. About finances, about how I can't imagine ever voluntarily leaving my own child, and about the fact that it appears that he's choosing someone else's child over his own, just to name a few points. Grrr.

Probably partially fueled by some frustration from DS's school auction. bag.gif Who knew there would be freaking snipers at a fundraiser silent auction?? I got outbid on three items that I was winning up until 30 seconds to go. I probably wouldn't be so irritated except that I thought I had won them and sat there for an hour, content in my victory, only to find out that I only ended up winning one thing. And if I had known that, I would have donated some money to the school when they did the call for cash during the live auction, but I thought I had exceeded what my mom sent me. irked.gif I was really excited about going out for sushi, too... greensad.gif

surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#374 of 414 Old 02-27-2011, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

Going to try to get some shopping in today. definitely pedicure and grocery store, then maybe I'll take one or two of the kids with me to the outlets and hit nike, adidas, and saucony. Hopefully someone will have something. Plus I need to go to the bra store. LOL

So....I pulled the trigger and entered the lottery for NY! Yeah, it's exasperatingly expensive. And yeah, it means doing long runs in the summer heat here...but it's NY. And ... it's NY. My brother also entered the lottery so hopefully we get in, and if not I will probably do MCM on a charity so we can run together. Fun!

I just made the most delicious egg salad ever. Carmelized an entire huge onion til very brown, then put it in with three hard boiled eggs in the food processor. That's it. Tastes delicious. YUM.

#375 of 414 Old 02-27-2011, 08:27 AM

Gaye, I am not sure what to say. How incredibly frustrating. I hope your x works something out that is good for your ds and accomodating to you.

Nic, I hope NY goes well and the training too! That egg salad sounds delish.

My run totally sucked. One of the ladies I run with picked me up and we did 3.5 together and split about 1/2 mile from my house. Lucky for me she was also having an off day. Dh has decided it was the flu I had; it is the fever and chills that prompted his diagnosis. I think I turned a corner during the night last night, only my left sinus is **** so clogged as to be painful and that is only when I move. That I kept running was plain stupid and I would have told anyone else but that didn't stop me. orngtongue.gif I just hope he stays well as it is a big week coming up. It would also help if none of the kids got sick(er) again. February is so hard but almost over.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#376 of 414 Old 02-27-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post

congrats!!!

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#377 of 414 Old 02-27-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickarolaberry View Post
I just made the most delicious egg salad ever. Carmelized an entire huge onion til very brown, then put it in with three hard boiled eggs in the food processor. That's it. Tastes delicious. YUM.

oooh!  That sounds yummy!  What a cool idea.

Gaye - hug2.gifThat's a lot to deal with mama, I'm sorry that xh is such a tool.

JayGee - Great job on your tri!  It sounds like fun (especially the casual transitions!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel38 View Post
 Lack of exercise + poor diet = a very grouchy lady. Why do I have to relearn that every few months?

Yeah, me too. 

Jo - Hope you got your workout time.  I love reading about the babies, and seeing the pictures, they are so cute.  It makes me want ruminants in my house too.

Happy Birthday Penelope!  I hope it's a lovely one.

It's been a busy weekend.  C was invited to sleepover at her friend's house on Friday but her friend lives off-island now so I walked on the ferry with her Friday night, met the family in the terminal and then turned around came home.  Left at 6:20, got home just after 10:00.  Then on line with the car at 7:00am yesterday to go pick her up and have a little time to run some errands before making the 3:20 boat to be home by 5:15.  My mom came with me yesterday for her first trip off-island since she arrived.  She was feeling sick though (she's had a cough for a long time and lots of little symptoms possibly [probably] related to her boarding up every window in her house, and staying in just one room which she heats only when the inside temp reaches 45*).  So, anyway, I had hoped to hit some of the many thrift stores in the area but only had time to quickly cruise GW, sit for a long time over a too-sweet brunch (we were 5 minutes early for lunch but the server didn't tell us until after she'd taken our order irked.gif) and then I took her to WalMart which she LOVED.  I find myself conflicted about shopping there and try to keep it to the barest minimum but she just went on and on and on about how great it is and how much she loves it and isn't it amazing and wow, such prices!  She was also happy enough to go for lunch where I took her but looked longingly at the McDonalds that we passed.  Her affection for strip-mall-landia may indicate that she isn't going to make it as a permanent island resident.  Whatev.

So, no RR really, I did a decent swim on Friday, I'm so far off the no-sugar wagon but trying again today to get on to stay on.  I told my TKD teacher that while I don't want to quit because I really enjoy TKD, I just find it nearly impossible to motivate now that the class is 30 min. shorter and all 12 year old boys.  I said that if he wants me to help recruit adults for a class I'm totally ready but until there is another person within 20 years of my own age I'm going to stay on hiatus.  That felt both good and bad to get out.  But it opens up time that I can schedule for other things and I won't keep fooling myself that I'll get a workout in in the evening on Mon and Weds and I'll get my ass in gear in the morning while I can.  Tomorrow I'm going to try out a therapeutic yoga class.  It's for total feebs but I've had this pain running up my side from my hip and through my back for so long it's ridiculous and I can't seem to stretch or foam roller it away.  I'm also sucking it up and going for a massage on Tuesday.  I hope that helps and doesn't just feel good in the moment and then have no lingering effects but I'll try to just enjoy it in case it's totally fleeting.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#378 of 414 Old 02-27-2011, 07:17 PM

Got a 4 mile "recovery" run in this morning. I really didn't want to, but since my only run next week will be my long run, I figured I really should get in some miles whenever possible. Sore and tired about sums it up. My freaking triceps are killing me from pushing the darn chariot yesterday. I guess I'm out of long-run-with-chariot shape, at least for the upper body!

Then we spent the rest of the day running errands. Haircut for DS. Costco (actually two since every store in the state except one is apparently sold out of the gift certificate I was looking for rolleyes.gif). Bread outlet store. Grocery store. And then finally home to cook dinner and get DS to bed. And now I really, really must get my care plan that's due next weekend at least MOSTLY done. And then get to bed at a relatively early hour, since I'm already exhausted. Not a good sign when I've got 4 days of clinical in a row, followed by a full day of class. dizzy.gif

#379 of 414 Old 02-27-2011, 08:43 PM

Happy Birthday, Penelope!  Did you have a good day?  I hope you got to do lots of fun things that you like today.

Plady--Wow, I didn't realize how difficult it was for you to get out and about in the world.  That's a long day, to get off the island and then back on again.  I'm sorry your mom is being frustrating.

Gaye--Oh, no!  What a terrible thing about the auction!  I can't bear disappointment, so I try to avoid auctions.

It snowed here again this morning, so I skipped church and lazed around most of the day.  It's our last day of a two-week vacation, and tomorrow morning is going to be the worst morning ever.  Tonight DS, who just turned five, screamed from 9 to 10 about bedtime ridiculousness.  Wanted another glass of milk, wanted me to sleep with him, wanted to watch a show on TV..... crazy, out of control screaming, thrashing around, kicking things.  Argh.

Tomorrow life gets back to normal, I hope.  Kids will go to school, I'll get to the gym and later to the grocery store and we'll start the countdown to April vacation.  orngbiggrin.gif

#380 of 414 Old 02-27-2011, 08:46 PM

Nick--we're here for you. hug.gif On skirts: watch for sales on the Skirt Sports website or keep looking for them on Sierra Trading Post. I'm really happy with my Happy Hour and Gym Girl Ultra skirts, and will be wearing them until they wear out. I did pay a lot for the first one, but I used birthday money and a couple months' allowance to pay for it. I'll be wearing it until it has holes in it, so really, it won't cost me much per wear by the time that happens. Then I scored a whole bunch of skirts dirt cheap at their warehouse sale. It's good to live only 30 minutes from their headquarters!

I really like mommajb's idea of compression shorts under running shorts though. Or in theory, you could buy a cheap running skirt, cut out the shorts that come with it and wear compression shorts under it instead.

Happy birthday Penelope!

tsmama--clap.gif on your runs this weekend. And irked.gif on your XH. Egads.

JayGee--awesome tri!

Note to self: must find a sprint tri for this summer, preferably one that won't require me to start swimming until mid-May or later and that uses a pool rather than open water because I am a wuss.

FM: 8 on Saturday and 3 today. I needed today's 3 for sanity. This afternoon I took R, my 4-year-old niece and J to a party for a girl in her Sunday School class. There were 12 other kids there. And J did not nap at all today. dizzy.gif

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 
#381 of 414 Old 02-27-2011, 08:51 PM

real~The Highlands Ranch series are all pool swims. And there's the new Lookout Mountain tri that's a pool swim. I'm actually considering that one myself.

My care plan is not even close to finished, but I at least got a start, and if it's slow tomorrow on L&D (which I really, really, really hope it's not), then I can work on it. If I do an hour-ish on it each night, it should be done in time. Blech.

#382 of 414 Old 02-28-2011, 04:04 AM

Thanks for all the good birthday wishes! I did have a nice time. I ran 7m and just as I was coming back in dh took the kids to Target so I got another hour to myself. They bought me some nice presents and then I went to get a new tattoo but ended up with ... an appointment for Wednesday of next week. <shrugs> It'll be fun when I get it.

My run felt pretty good. It's still raw out here and I was slow, but the miles themselves were not bad at all. I've got 8wks until my first half of the season and I think it's the right amount of time.

Happy Monday, dingos!

#383 of 414 Old 02-28-2011, 07:04 AM
bec

Happy Birthday Penelope!!!  I'm glad it was a good one!

Gaye - That sucks about the auction.  I would have been really frustrated by it, too. 

I need to get some new compression shorts, too, so I'm paying attention to this discussion!

I am still feeling pretty punk.  Big headache, tired, and real spacey.  Also a little bit of a cough that seems pretty deep, so I don't want to push it and get really sick.  But, it makes me sad that I haven't run (or done anything) since Thursday's brick workout!

In other life news, I started a part time job (very part time) at Bath and Body Works last night.  I'm helping out when they do floor resets.  It's about once a month for about 4-5 hours, but I will go in next Sunday for inventory too.  It's not much, but falls under small pocket change, and every bit counts.  Anyway, it was fun.  I did it with a good friend.

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#384 of 414 Old 02-28-2011, 10:12 AM

Penelope~what tattoo are you getting????  where on your bod??

RR: rest day today, playing catch up on house work and errands, and phone calls, etc. 

HOUSE: the company hired by selling bank to replace pipes, only capped off main water pipe and said the job was complete.  We were supposed to close today but this pipe thing has been going on 2 or three weeks, can't even remember.  Starting to wonder if we aren't supposed to move into this house.  Renters are proceeding so I sent the agreement today to look over and hope to have that signed soon. 

#385 of 414 Old 02-28-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post

Feb goals:

Increasing long runs to at least 1:45

Attend bootcamp every Tuesday

Continue with the 100 pushups program

Weekly meal planning for dinners

Evaluating... nope on the long runs (bah to the snow and cold and 30 minute treadmill limits at the gym!!), but managed all the rest. I've decided to repeat week 4 of the push-ups program, since my form will get too sloppy otherwise. But I'm doing them, and noticing huge improvements in strength. I made to bootcamp every week, and we're great on the meal planning. I just really need to find time and snowless places to do these long runs- less than four weeks until my half and I have yet to run over 15K... Bolt.gif

Sorry no personals today- yet more snow and cold and a brief visit to the gym for my 30 minutes on the treadmill. The forecast is finally for some melting- we're setting records for cold and snow this winter, so I'm ready for the spring rains and melt!!

I'm sneaking a minute at work to post, so no time for personals, but thinking of everyone!

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#386 of 414 Old 02-28-2011, 06:32 PM
bec

Thank you secret sprinter!!!!  I can't wait to feel better to try out my new socks!  And I have a great new book to read, yummy lip balm.  Mmmmmmm.  Which reminds me to get my 2nd box out!  I think I have everything I want to send. 

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#387 of 414 Old 02-28-2011, 07:46 PM

Wow. Slowest. Day. Ever. on L&D. greensad.gif Literally, not a single patient the entire day. Fortunately, there was a scheduled c-section that I got to go observe, and I also went in for another GYN surgery. And spent several hours sitting at the desk studying/working on my care plan. The good news is that if tomorrow is as slow as today, we may get to go home early! And I don't mind staying if we actually have things to do. I was really bummed, though, not to get to see/do much of anything today on my last day of L&D.

One more day of OB. Which I'm both super excited for and really sad to be done. I will NOT be sad to have 24 hours of my life back every week, though! orngtongue.gif

#388 of 414 Old 02-28-2011, 09:02 PM

tjsmama--the Lookout Mountain one looks interesting. Do you think the bike ride would kill me? I don't usually ride mountain roads. Also, sorry for the slow day. Hope the c-sec was interesting, at least. There were a ton of people in the room when I had J, including the peds team 'cause J was early, a student nurse and possibly some med students who were observing (they'd asked for permission and I'd said sure, whatev, but then maybe the OB in charge wasn't a fan? I remember discussion but not the outcome. It was way more people than had been in the room with R, for sure!

RM--ugh. That's so frustrating about the pipe situation.

bec--the B&BW job sounds fun.

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 
#389 of 414 Old 03-01-2011, 02:34 AM

Too tired to make much sense (just caught yet another baby) but wanted to pop on and thank my SS for being completely and totally awesome!  She sent me some yummy silk yarn, which I may not even knit - just keep to pet.  And a dingo meet up in a box - some lara bars, yummy chocolate, socks for a run.  It's been a fantastic thing to perk me up since this month has been non-stop nuts.

My client who just had her baby actually came to a regular prenatal Mon afternoon at 40 2/7 weeks.  We were talking about post dates, and how she was doing fine, baby was fine, and there was no rush to do anything, and she was content with that plan.  As I'm getting ready to head out the door, she says "By the way ..."  Turns out, she'd been leaking fluid since the night before and had forgot to mention it.  Sure enough, her water was broken.  So, we canceled the previous plans and she went off to the hospital.  Since she'd already been ruptured for 24 hours, we decided to start pitocin, but fortunately she had a great labor, and baby had no signs of stress throughout.  Eventually, she pushed him out over an intact perineum.  Now, I'm going to try to get a couple hours sleep!

#390 of 414 Old 03-01-2011, 05:01 AM

Jen, you're such an awesome doctor.

Gaye, I'm glad you're having such a good experience with your rotations! You will rock the care plan.

Mel, good work!

Bec, the job sounds fun.

Re: the tattoo - I'm getting a trio of fir trees, in black silhouette, on my right lower back (above my waistline, below my bra.) I'm pretty excited.

I had another frustrating meeting on this frustrating dang committee I'm on. It is just sucking the joy out of my every Monday. (I mean, Monday: really not the day of the week where you've got joy to spare, no?) I'm kind of scrambling around this week as dh is gone and I'm hella busy, but everything else looks bright in comparison w. that committee work!

Hoping to run this afternoon on the TM.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page