Dingos Running For Love in February! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 414 Old 02-09-2011, 07:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tj- that is awesome! That would be my dream job, but for now being with my kids is my dream job. I did a brief sit t as a PP doula, and I loved every minute of it!

RR: i ran a real good 4.5 yesterday with minimal walking. It felt good. I found out that along with some awesome benefits with dh's new job we get discounts on gym memberships. After I get my health stuff worked out I'm going to get myself signed up! I can get into Gold's for $16 a month! Can't beat that!

NRR: I got a personal phone call from my doc last night to go over my test results. Nothing really abnormal turned up besides a vit. D deficiency. She agreed that it is time to see a gastrointerologist. My mom gave me a good recommendation, so I'm going to make an appointment today. I'm so sick of being sick. If it takes surgery to get me well then sign me up!

#122 of 414 Old 02-09-2011, 09:11 AM

SECRET SPRINTER UPDATE:  I'm at an odd number - any last minute Dingos want to hop in?  I'll wait til this evening, and if no one does I'll gladly jump in on the party. :D  Expect your recipient info by morning!!!

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#123 of 414 Old 02-09-2011, 09:28 AM
bec

So excited for Secret Sprinter! 

JayGee - I hope you get some answers and FINALLY some treatment for the leg!  Geo is right, it's been going on too long!

So, with the 2 degree weather, I decided to buy another set of flannel sheets for my bed.  Turns out, according to Target, flannel sheets are "seasonal" items, and February with frigid weather is not the right season for flannel sheets. headscratch.gif  I'm sick of having to buy things in the wrong time of year.  It's ridiculous. 

Tri class tonight.  We're strength training, so I've been just lounging this morning.  It feels good!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#124 of 414 Old 02-09-2011, 10:01 AM

RR ~ 40 minute run on the indoor track, 50 minutes of spin class.  I'm so happy to be back on a regular, more intense exercise schedule.  It's doing wonders for my mood too!

Po7 ~ if surgery is what it takes to feel better, at least it's done!  That's how I've always felt about surgical stuff anyway.  I hope the gastroenterologist can shed some light on your issue and get you feeling 100% asap.

bec ~ last time I was in Target, it was all swimsuits, pool toys and other summer gear.  Um.... hello... it's February!  Maybe you can find some on sale.  Have you checked Bed Bath and Beyond?

geo ~ glad you're back!

We've decided to not do lacrosse this year, but re-evaluate his interest next year.  And I'm asking for two lacrosse sticks and a ball for my birthday so we can practice catching and throwing in the yard this spring.  I love the feeling of the ball plopping into the stick and then cradling it before throwing again.  Goofy, I know!  But for some reason, it was one athletic thing I was actually good at!  Even my high school coach was surprised after having me "Ride the Bench" for entire seasons of field hockey (which I really do suck at).

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#125 of 414 Old 02-09-2011, 10:40 AM

Po7: Did you stop c25k? Nice that you're able to run 4.5! I'm on week 7 c25k, though I should be on week 6.

I'm SO tired today. DH should be home soon and I'm going to drag my butt to the gym and do 60 on the bike.

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#126 of 414 Old 02-09-2011, 10:55 AM

MM- I guess I kinda did. I was sick for two weeks, and I really needed to just.run for mental reasons. I have managed to hold on to a lot of endurance....back in the day I completed a 50 mile ultra. I just need to build up the muscles to catch up to my endurance.
#127 of 414 Old 02-09-2011, 10:56 AM

JayGee and Po7, good luck to both of you with your health issues and consults. Fingers crossed for some answers.

Geofizz, did they count potatoes as veggies, or truly not have any? It's hard to imagine how anyone could plan menus without fruit or veggies!!

Still coughing, but managed bootcamp last night and a short 30 minute run with my husband this morning. I can breathe once I get the adrenalin going, but have horrific hacking for about an hour afterward... I also didn't get the chance to try out the runkeeper app yet, since my husband said that it would be "too depressing" to see how slow we were today. He's way more self-conscious about speed than I am.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#128 of 414 Old 02-09-2011, 03:52 PM

SECRET SPRINTERS (SPRINTEES?) HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED!  

#129 of 414 Old 02-09-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLove View Post

Thanks Jennie!  When do we start?  End?

#130 of 414 Old 02-09-2011, 05:16 PM

Why don't we try to send the first package within the week.  Then we'll do 2-3 more with the reveal being the week of Spring (March 20th).  Does that sound okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLove View Post

Thanks Jennie!  When do we start?  End?

#131 of 414 Old 02-09-2011, 09:53 PM

Crap! I said I was in earlier in the thread, but spaced on PMing you. Am I too late? I PM'ed you right before I got to the end of the thread. So sorry. If it's too late, oh well, I'll live. greensad.gifbag.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by bec View Post

So excited for Secret Sprinter! 

JayGee - I hope you get some answers and FINALLY some treatment for the leg!  Geo is right, it's been going on too long!

So, with the 2 degree weather, I decided to buy another set of flannel sheets for my bed.  Turns out, according to Target, flannel sheets are "seasonal" items, and February with frigid weather is not the right season for flannel sheets. headscratch.gif  I'm sick of having to buy things in the wrong time of year.  It's ridiculous. 

Um, yeah. This. I totally forgot that when I went to Michael's the week before V-Day last year to find some sort of Valentine-y craft for DS to make for his classmates, they had nothing because all of the Easter stuff was already out. irked.gif And so I did the exact same thing today. Headed there, only to find the puniest assortment ever. At least they were all on clearance, so DS's (somewhat lame, but the only option) valentines cost me a whopping 86 cents. rolleyes.gif

So very, very, very tired. Meant to go to bed at least an hour ago, but my pathology and med cards for my patient tomorrow took me much longer than anticipated. Hopefully it will be a good day. I have a 23 month old boy with an intestinal cyst. He's scheduled for surgery tomorrow afternoon, and I'm hopeful that maybe I'll get to go with. I can't believe I still have two more full days this week. Ugh.

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#132 of 414 Old 02-10-2011, 04:18 AM

If Gaye makes another uneven, I'll even it out, even if that means we aren't "secret" to each other!  It's still a fun thing to do! 

#133 of 414 Old 02-10-2011, 04:55 AM

Ihave almost no time and am just reading along but while I adore my ss you can scramble me up to make thigs secret if needed. I haven't started shopping. lol.gif

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#134 of 414 Old 02-10-2011, 08:41 AM

Sounds good, JenLove. I'm looking forward to it.

RR ~ 50 minutes on Sven.  Good times!  This afternoon I'm going to Power Pump at the Y too. 

#135 of 414 Old 02-10-2011, 09:03 AM

Oy mamas!  I've had three posts mostly done but not finished, wandered off, left it overnight only to find in the morning that my computer did a restart and posts are gone.  You'd think I'd learn, I think one of my New Year's resolutions was even to finish what I start but still....  Anyway, I'll keep trying.

JayGee and Bec - I'm very impressed with your swimming!  I get a mile done and then I just can't seem to keep myself focused enough to keep going.  It's not even a tiredness thing, I just space out and start floating away into lala land.  But, I will have you each in mind the next time I get in and maybe that will keep me moving.  Learning flip turns once and for all has definitely helped.  I get so focused on making the turn nice and at the right time that I just don't ever stop, at least until I realize I've hit the magic mile. Oy.

I sent back my underwater iPod, we'll see what happens, they sounded like they'd replace it but I didn't actually take the time to force them to spell out "We'll fix it for free" so I won't faint if I get a bill.

I did go back to TKD on Monday.  Class isn't what it used to be (1/2 hour shorter, much younger students) but seeing myself do jumping jacks in the mirror was the alarming sight I needed to get my a$$ back to the weight room.  So Tuesday I did upper body weights and then 20 minutes in the pool.  Yesterday I thought I'd go to TKD again but then there was a demonstration against the school board that coincided and I just didn't leave.  Today I'm nearly dressed and going for a run.  I need to do some leg stuff in addition.  My hamstrings are tight tight tight.  Stretching hasn't helped so I'm hoping maybe squats and lunges will break their will.  Hmm, healthy attitude, no? 

RM - Supre joy for your house stuff!  Renters that want to buy sound PERFECT!

Gaye - Thinking of you with the littles, I hope it continues to be inspiring.

DrJen - Thinking of you and all you're doing, I'm in awe as usual.

Jo - Love the blog.  I totally wept for Pokey.  Wept.  Not just a little tear in the corner of the eye.

Tortuga - Congrats on the job!

Po7 - Got you in my thoughts.

JenLove - Let me know if you need to do any rearranging too, I'm still flexible!

Re:Valentines - Thanks for the reminder!!! I am so lame about that kind of thing!  But I'll get on it today!

Okay, before I wander off - I hope to be a better dingo again soon!

<3 you all!

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#136 of 414 Old 02-10-2011, 09:48 AM

We're in that frenzied, frantic time two days before we leave for a week's vacation.  I overthink and overplan and overpack, check the tickets a thousand times, never trust my alarm to actually ring in the morning, and obsess about every possible unlikely thing that could happen in order to prevent us from walking onto a plane in Boston.  The vacation itself, though, will be lovely.

Yesterday I spent half an hour on the rowing machine at the gym, which was a nice change of workout for me.  I haven't rowed in years, but I really like it.  Today my legs and abs are killing me, so that must be a good sign, right?  Timing for the gym didn't work out today, but maybe I'll spend some time with the hula hoop after the kids go to bed.

This morning I was in DS's preschool class for the first time, which was awesome.  I was there to read stories to kids who wanted to listen during their choice time.  I brought a bunch of books and really only ended up reading to DS and two other girls.  Good thing I have good self-esteeem!  After finishing the stories, though, DS wanted me to stick around for a bit.  Their classroom has lots of things to do, but the new exciting thing is a post office booth.  It's the most fantastically thought-out yet simple thing, to get the kids working in sequence, and pretending to write, and handling money, and interacting socially.  In the hour I was there, DS wrote two letters to his classmates and received one back, and the whole process was just so adorable.  It must be exhausting to be a preschool teacher, but so fun, too.

Now, since DS doesn't have school tomorrow, I told him he can pack his carryon bag.  I hear sounds coming from his bedroom that make me think he's become distracted.

Okay, lots to do before we leave, so I'd best get started.

#137 of 414 Old 02-10-2011, 12:14 PM

Good luck with the packing and the trip, LaLaLaLa!

I'm posting in hopes that it reminds me that I actually want to run again this week.

I did make it to bootcamp on Tuesday and have kept up with the 100 pushups program (yeah, February goals!!). I even managed a 30 minute run yesterday, but was rewarded with about 90 minutes of coughing afterwards. This cough sucks. The kids have had it for almost two weeks now, DD1s entire kindergarten class is sick, and DD2 is sleeping like cr@p. She doesn't even want to nurse at night- just wakes up every hour or two to whine *all*night*long*, and still wakes up tired and snotty and coughing before six every morning. Blah! I had planned a long run today, but am instead frantically catching up on course prep and laundry before class this evening. Spring can't quite come fast enough...

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#138 of 414 Old 02-10-2011, 01:58 PM
bec

Plady - The trick for me with long swims is to do drills.  If I have a workout written out and sitting on the pool deck, I am far more likely to finish it.  If I head out to "swim some laps", I'm lucky if I can get half a mile.  Unless, I set a specific goal (I will swim 2500 yards), it just doesn't work.  I can't just go out for a swim, or go out for a run.  I peter out and give up.  Oddly, I have no problem going for a bike ride.  Maybe it's the speed.  I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere with a bike.  On a side note, I still am not good at flip turns.  Way too often, I get water up my nose (yes, even when I'm doing everything right), and it is just painful.  I think, if we had a deeper pool (it's only 3.5 feet on the ends), I would be more inclined to practice, but as it is, it is just faster for me to grab the wall and push off.

La - Have a great time!  I always find it amusing to see what the kids pack in their bags!

Gaye - I can almost understand the seasonal difference in places like Hobby Lobby and Michaels.  It take's time to make a lot of the crafts that they are selling, so if someone is making a gift or decoration, they need the materials well ahead of the Holiday.  Frustrating, to be sure, but there is, at least, some logic.  I just don't see that Target has that excuse.  I am going to try Bed Bath and Beyond soon.  Maybe next week as a present to myself for finishing the yearbook!

Speaking of the yearbook, I am getting closer and closer to being finished!!!  Although, I did just talk to the yearbook company, and I am going to need to save each page as a separate file, rather than as the one big project that I've been creating it as.  That is going to be very time consuming for me, but I'm sure it will all work out in the end!  But, I can see the end, and I feel like I am on top of things!  All that is left is to create a page with the 5th graders words of wisdom (favorite moment in school, and advice to younger students), and possibly a couple more photo pages (assuming that the teachers get me the darned images already!) that were requested.  That's all that needs to be created.  Then, print it out, put it in order, and fill out all the envelopes.  It will be a busy weekend, but I think it is all pretty doable. 

#139 of 414 Old 02-10-2011, 05:46 PM

la4 - have fun!
bec - I told you the end was in sight! You're doing great!

Kind of fly-by posting here. 2 things. 1) DS's genetic test came back negative for everything, including 22q. I'm so RELIEVED. I can finally just parent him and stop worrying so much. 2) I ran 2.5 tonight with no walking. I went out the first mile at 9:30, then slowed down to complete the 2.5 at an even 10:00 pace. Kind of a rookie move to go out so fast, but hey, I felt good! I'm left wondering how much my pace will improve when I've lost ALL the weight.

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#140 of 414 Old 02-10-2011, 07:42 PM
bec

MM - That is awesome news, and you are getting speedy!! Great run!

YR (year book report, which I guess would fall under NRR) - I think I am finished creating pages!  I just have to separate it all out into separate files (PITA, but not hard), etc.  Unless, I get some last minute pictures.

#141 of 414 Old 02-10-2011, 08:27 PM

MM--great news!

bec--you're making such much progress on the yearbook. How much longer until you get a break?

Mel--that sounds miserable. I agree--bring on spring and make the sickies go away!

No more personals because I'm supposed to be grading. Ran 3 on the TM last night and then did the 6-pack abs video. It reminded me why I will never take a class: I'm sooooo pathetically uncoordinated. I'm like "wait, do what with which leg?" redface.gif The first part was ok because it moved pretty slow, but when she sped up I was just lost. I think I can keep up physically once I have the routine down, but boy did I feel lame. At least running just requires putting one foot in front of the other (which I need to do again tonight on the TM.)

Lisa  caffix.gif and her wonderful girls: R (9) violin.gif &  J (3-3/4) coolshine.gif 
#142 of 414 Old 02-11-2011, 04:43 AM

Mel, how is your mil? goodvibes.gif

I have been feeling so much anxiety related to changes that may or may not be happening if that isn't too cryptic. I perhaps am just not coping well with the day to day. I am okay when I can get out for a run but if it strikes say at 7:00pm when I am home alone with the three younger children and staring at the bedtime routine I eat. I tried telling myself that time not food will help but then I told myself that there will just be new issues to stress over. I need to get better at self talk.

My one child that sleeps (dd2, 8 on Sunday) has taken to taking an afternoon nap. It does wonders for her attitude but not so much for our after school routine. I could be convinced to make it work if her younger sister would also nap rather than have melt down style temper tantrums directed at me. This morning's reason was that the buttons on her shirt were in back. A very real probem for any woman who has traveled alone for a job interview with a dress that zips up the back but I digress. It was a soft, comfortable Hanna Andersson shirt that she would later not be able to complain about scratchiness and the like if only I could get it on her! I'd even let her wear it backward if she would just get dressed! Sorry for the exclamations!

RR: yoga with a video this am as I overslept. My hamstrings are t-i-g-h-t. Once Linus is up and breakfasted we will hit the weights and perhaps gymnastics.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#143 of 414 Old 02-11-2011, 04:58 AM

bec, your post made me laugh. The PITA part is what will forever keep me away from that sort of commitment. I am far too flaky for yearbook.

mommajb, I have been having very similar convos with myself, down to the scolding about my self-talk. I have been stuck home with two kids this week, due to illness, then my mom came down with her first-ever cluster headache (probably brought on by hypothermia), so I was home with her yesterday...end result is that I have not worked out since Sunday. I vaguely threatened dh that I was likely to do something criminal soon. That was two days ago. I don't think I've broken any laws, but I am going to the Y before my last day of work today.

Change is hard.

On the happy side, dh is totally, 100% behind my taking a lot of time for myself starting now. He is aware that I need to be in the best possible shape (mentally) for this move to go well. He has been ripped into by a million people who assume he made the decision to move without family input or my full support. People are such jerks. He has coworkers gossiping that we're having financial problems (totally untrue), telling him his family will fall apart, calling him cruel for taking me to the Middle East...basically casting the evil eye and wishing him failure at every turn. It's been painful for him. I am thankful that we are a true team and that my family is fully supportive of our new direction. My parents are so proud of him.

RR: I have PMS like a disease this week, but I will do something, anything, at the Y for 45 min before work today. And that is the start of something new and good. It will coincide with the end of the coldest spell of the winter, which is perhaps the best part.

#144 of 414 Old 02-11-2011, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter

Hugs to everyone. Jo and Mommajb, sending you good peaceful vibes and prayers.

I have had a truly awful week at work. Too much to go into now, I will maybe post more later. Hoping for a better day today. At least I got in a good run this morning and have a nice 11 miler scheduled for tomorrow with my club. I need the time.

More later.

TGIF!

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#145 of 414 Old 02-11-2011, 05:23 AM

Jo ~ that's horrible!  I know how excited you and your family are to make this move and for other to assume otherwise and to blame your DH is just awful!  I hope you get to the Y very, very soon. 

mommajb ~ as always, I can totally relate to your eating issue.  I've kind of pinpointed the exact emotion that sends me over the edge (anxiety, feeling out of control, stress), but I still don't know other ways of coping with it.  I'm considering looking for a cognitive-behavioral therapist who can guide me through to a better way.  Lord knows I've tried everything else, and yelling at myself for being weak willed certainly doesn't work.

Yesterday was yuck.  I had an eye appointment at 12:00, but when I went out to start our van, the battery was dead.  So DH came home from work, jumped the car, I drove to WalMart (where my eye exam was), only to have my car die again in the parking lot there.  Luckily, the auto center at WalMart jump started the van again, but it died again on my way through the parking lot.  Luckily, at WalMart they also sell car batteries, so I got a new one installed.... 3 hours later!  Three hours in WalMart with a 4 year old.  ARGH!!!!!  Needless to say, I came home and promptly ate a bowl of ice cream, 3 donuts, and a cookie.  Not like that helps, right...Don't even ask my why this crap food exists in my house.  Suffice it to say that 3 hours at WalMart concludes with some interesting food in the cart.  And toys. 

This weekend is supposed to be in the 40s, so I am looking forward to running outside!  Today I am taking off, but may lift weights at home this afternoon since I missed Power Pump last night.

#146 of 414 Old 02-11-2011, 05:28 AM
bec

Jo - I'm so sorry your DH is getting flak about your moving.  From the outside, looking in, it may seem that my DH is the one who rules the roost, and doesn't consult me, but, behind the scenes, we both have an equal voice in the decisions made.  I don't think people are able to accept that the first glance may not be what everything is about. 

Probably a rest day, today, but I might ride on the trainer for a bit.  We'll see how things go.  My middle DD has fluid (clear) draining out of her ear, so DH is going to bring her to the doctor this morning.  No fever, so I am hopeful that she'll get to go to school this afternoon, and not have to miss out on the Daddy Daughter dance today. 

#147 of 414 Old 02-11-2011, 06:14 AM

Ladies, I came here because I am having a bad morning with my son and now my dad is being a jerk.  I don;t even think I have had a chance to tell you the latest about the new house.  Remind me if I haven't please because the last few days have been a whirlwind. 

Thank you for your openess about your life that I REALLY needed to hear right now.  Jaygee, I eat for the same reasons, and reading what you ate actually made me feel not so alone in my actions.  Also Jo, BEc, I hear you so much on the pursecution from outsiders (even family at times) that don't live our lives or know what is in our hearts.  Change.  I hear you so much on that. 

Anytime I talk to my Dad about our new house instead of being happy for us, he says"interesting".  He feels like we are paying too much for it.  I even flat out told him I just want him to be happy for us.  Then today I asked if I did something to upset him from an email he sent me and he went on to tell me "Geez, Lisa, I feel like I am always being put into a position to have to apologize to you for, well, nothing."  What???? This is the man that I thought we had a great relationship with (after a lifetime of NOT) and here we are again.  When I asked him what he meant and even said "I am clueless as I thought we had a great relationship" his answer ???  "I'm glad I haven't offended you, let's just leave it at that and move on".  WTH!!!??

I have actually shed a couple of tears now (I rarely can cry) and will get on the TM for a very cathartic 5 miles.  Thank you so much ladies. I really needed you and you are always here for me.   Much love,

Lisa :)

#148 of 414 Old 02-11-2011, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realrellim View Post

No more personals because I'm supposed to be grading. Ran 3 on the TM last night and then did the 6-pack abs video. It reminded me why I will never take a class: I'm sooooo pathetically uncoordinated. I'm like "wait, do what with which leg?" redface.gif The first part was ok because it moved pretty slow, but when she sped up I was just lost. I think I can keep up physically once I have the routine down, but boy did I feel lame. At least running just requires putting one foot in front of the other (which I need to do again tonight on the TM.)

I laughed out loud because I suck at grading too. I try to be really timely and then get behind and wham.

FWIW: 2nd time I did the 6 wk 6 pack (6w6p ?) I got better at it. I think the problem is that she's trying to work in so dang many exercises and cram it all into 30 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post

I have been feeling so much anxiety related to changes that may or may not be happening if that isn't too cryptic. .

Not too cryptic at all. Changes are tricky and I'm always a little wary of them. Ok a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jooj View Post

Change is hard.

Yes, indeed. I still can't wrap my brain around you're leaving before we get a chance to do the meetup this summer. That's my selfish problem though, not to burden you with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickarolaberry View Post

I have had a truly awful week at work. Too much to go into now, I will maybe post more later. Hoping for a better day today. At least I got in a good run this morning and have a nice 11 miler scheduled for tomorrow with my club. I need the time.

TGIF indeed. I've had a hard week with work/school/family. I'm needing a weekend.

Hugs to you RM. It is always so hard to work out those relationships with parents. I was just watching a sitcom last night where the siblings were working it out with a parent who had distanced themselves from the (now adult) women at times in their past. It was very true in that these are so so tricky. I hope nothing's going on with the house, I couldn't tell from your post.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#149 of 414 Old 02-11-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGee View Post

Jo ~ that's horrible!  I know how excited you and your family are to make this move and for other to assume otherwise and to blame your DH is just awful!  I hope you get to the Y very, very soon. 

Yesterday was yuck.  I had an eye appointment at 12:00, but when I went out to start our van, the battery was dead.  So DH came home from work, jumped the car, I drove to WalMart (where my eye exam was), only to have my car die again in the parking lot there. 

Jo - Yeah, what she said.  How ridiculous people can be.

JG - I feel; your car pain.  My car is dead.  Again.  I know the starter is nearly done, the alternator is on the blink and battery is dying but the mechanic didn't want to fix one until he was sure it was really dead.  So yeah, sounded good in theory.  But now I have no car and dh and I are actually going in opposite directions a lot these days.  And to make me feel like snarfling donuts, I've (I'm pretty sure it was me anyway) managed to lose the keys to our spare car.  It's so embarrassing to even have a spare car, add to that that it's a decommissioned police cruiser and I'm ready to hang my head.  But to have lost both the keys to it is around the bend.  I didn't get my run in yesterday because I thought I'd find the keys if I just tore the house apart.  Today I'm going running in the hope that inspiration strikes while I'm out.  Or that St Anthony comes by and drops them on the kitchen counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerc View Post

Originally Posted by Nickarolaberry View Post

TGIF indeed. I've had a hard week with work/school/family. I'm needing a weekend.

Hugs to you RM. It is always so hard to work out those relationships with parents. I was just watching a sitcom last night where the siblings were working it out with a parent who had distanced themselves from the (now adult) women at times in their past. It was very true in that these are so so tricky. I hope nothing's going on with the house, I couldn't tell from your post.

Yes to this all too. 

Okay, sorry! Lame personals AGAIN.  But I'm really running this time.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#150 of 414 Old 02-11-2011, 03:27 PM

Jo, I'm sorry you are getting flack from everyone. People can be really mean. We go a lot of less than supportive comments from friends and family over dh's recent job change even though it was nothing but a heaping of blessing for him and our family.

No running to report for me. I have no energy at all and feeling horrible. I have an appointment with the gastro doc on Monday. It won't come soon enough. I have something serious going on. Praying they can get to the cause of this problem.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page