Mothering Forum banner

Dingos Running For Love in February!

14K views 413 replies 31 participants last post by  bec 
#1 ·
New Thread!

(Though I could hardly be called an enterprising young thing, P....but I do run sometimes.
winky.gif
)

See less See more
#5 ·
Gotta love the snow!

30 min on the mill and 45 on the bike this morning, plus some light weights. I attempted to do some sit-ups, but after doing 50 two days ago, I can't even get myself off the ground. Ouch. I plan to do some crunches at home today and attempt some push-ups with my extremely sore pectoral muscles.

bawling.gif
<--- that's for all my whining. It's a particularly whiny day for me.

#6 ·
cold.gif
is right!

No school AGAIN today. Come on people, it only snowed about 3 inches. That'll be 5 days tacked onto the end of the year and counting.

MM ~ you're doing great!

FM plan ~ ride the trainer this morning, hit the pool this afternoon, and cram some weights/pushups/crunches in there too. I'm tired of feeling so bloopy.

Speaking of which, mommajb, do you want a partner for your binge-free February? My pantry-face-stuffing has gotten way out of hand again. Sigh.

#7 ·
3.5 very ugly miles in the fog this morning. having GI issues, somewhat stressed about dd1's surgery tomorrow (eye surgery) and dh not being able to get back in time as he's snowbound in Massachusetts. He's going to try and get a bus to Baltimore today then a flight back, we'll see if it works.

#8 ·
Here's the race list for the February thread. Please PM me if you'd
like me to add something for you!

: dingo race list
:

JayGee - O'Fallon YMCA Indoor Triathlon - February 26
modmom - Disney Princess Half Marathon - February 27
Nickarolaberry - Sarasota Half Marathon - March 13

MelW - CVRR Half Marathon - March 20

poppywise - Oakland Half Marathon - March 27

Mel28 - Cooper River Bridge Run 10K - April 2

bec - Reach Out and Run 5K - April 9

Realrellim - Platte River Half Marathon - April 10

OceansEve - OKC Memorial Marathon - May 1

bec, Runningmommy - Indy Mini Half Marathon - May 7

tjsmama - Colfax Marathon - May 15

Nemesis - Fargo 5K - May 20

Nemesis - Fargo 10K - May 21

mommajb - Carmel Marathon - June 11

memiles - Warrior Dash - July 16

Nemesis and dh - Minnesota Warrior Dash - July 23

tjsmama - Ironman 70.3 Boulder - August 7

mommajb - Indy Women's Half Marathon - September 3

bec and bec's dh - Warrior Dash Upper Midwest - September 17

mommajb - Columbus Marathon - October 16

bec - Hot Chocolate 15K - November 5

Other places to find the Dingos:

: cooking blog
:

knitting blog

We have a private Yahoo group. Submit a request to join and mention your MDC
username in the request so we know who you are.

We also have a private location map. Send a PM to eksmom to get info
and join up.

Why are we called the Dingos?
See this post

#9 ·
run.gif
2011 Dingo Race Results
partytime.gif

babybugmama - Walt Disney World Half Marathon - January 8 (First half of Goofy challenge) - 2:21:14
babybugmama - Walt Disney World Marathon - January 9 (Completion of Goofy Challenge) - 5:08:02
Nickaroloberry - Disney Marathon - January 9, 2010 - 4:59:14 (PR!)

HomeBirthMommy - Walt Disney World Marathon - January 9, 2010 - 6:12:57

Realrellim - Frosty's Frozen 5 and 10, 10 miles - Jaunary 15 - 1:33:51

Tjsmama - Yeti Chase 10K - January 22 - 1:05:18

Realrellim - Snowman Stampede 10 miles - February 19 - 1:29:05

Nickarolaberry - Scrub J 10K - February 19 - 1:01:42

2010 Results

#10 ·
Morning all! I was wondering about a February thread, but I was too lazy to start one.
twins.gif

Yesterday I had a chiropractor appointment (have I mentioned how much I love her)?! She has offered to exchange Reiki for adjustments. But, now I have those weird twingey headache things back... hopefully it's short lived because she's getting me back in line.

Last night, I did prenatal yoga and it's so cute to see Val mimic it! <3

This morning, I'm tired and a little queasy. Helllooo pregnancy!

#11 ·
I posted last night in the January thread before bed, but forgot to submit. And when I woke up found that we're on to February <3

Good luck to everyone snowed in! And take care of your arms and backs with the shoveling!

I survived my first week of back to back 3 hour classes (Mon and yesterday). Now just 11 weeks to go... My kids are not happy about the new schedule and so many evenings away, and my youngest is "rewarding" me with getting up at 5 am so we can have some extra time together in the mornings. This morning she also managed to wake up the oldest, too. So it's 6 am and fiddle practice is finished and the kids have started arguing over who gets which side of my lap.

RR- Long run yesterday with a new route/trail. I need a new trail map and to see if I can figure out distances. I'm also questioning the sanity of doing my long runs on the morning after Tuesday night bootcamp. This week was more arms/core, but I might change my schedule to see if I can have better energy on Mondays. And for today...maybe a really short run, but quite possibly a nap instead.

#13 ·
Hellloooo Dingos!

. No running yesterday but a ton of shoveling. No school but some work for me. Hoping to get on the yak trax and get out there for a little run. Should have clearer streets for this weekend when I need to get in a longer one. 24 days until my 1/2 longest run has only been 11 but I feel pretty good about it---mostly concerned about that early start time and sleep since we will be at disney.

NIC-blessings and good vibes to you dd.

Jenlove I have the best memories of doing yoga with my little ones how sweet and wow this is Val bday month!

#14 ·
Reporting one hour on the trainer, with sprints during commercial breaks
orngbiggrin.gif
! The area surrounding my bike is now littered with an American Girl tea party, a doll bed and all the sofa cushions from the den
lol.gif
. At least everyone was happy during my ride.

Nic ~ praying that your DH gets home easily and your DD has a successful and uneventful surgery.

JenLove ~ queasy is good! I can't believe Val is almost 2. Time sure flies. Your two will be just about the same age difference as my two oldest.

DS is begging me to go out and clear a "hockey rink" in our driveway. It's bright blue sky, frigid cold temps out there
cold.gif
. Time to channel my inner Wayne Gretsky!

#15 ·
Morning Dingos,

Thanks for the FB love yesterday. The day was much easier to go through here than it had been in Mexico last year. Whew. Who says you can't run away from sadness? Kidding. Kind of. I'm sure an extra year helps smooth out the rough edges too. A n y w a y . . .

Thanks for starting the new thread Nic (and
goodvibes.gif
for your dd tomorrow), even though my RR is just to report that I might do some swimming today. It is suddenly raining again,
gloomy.gif
I have missed my opportunity for a sunny jog. It might be asking for trouble but I'm super envious of all the snow everyone east of here seems to be getting this winter.

DrJen, if you haven't already removed me from the Fat Ass on 2/5 you can, I'm still not going. Thankfully neither is dh now. I was beginning to worry as he wasn't training at all. I was afraid he might get all macho and try to do it anyway and then keel over behind some bush. At least my number will be taken over the course by someone moderately fit! (Not me).

Penelope, I did think about this when you posed your 'to register or not to register?" I really thought way back in October that I'd get my training in even though at the exact moment that I registered I didn't feel any mojo at all. But as it turned out I pretty much bought myself a bunch of anxiety with a side of guilt.
redface.gif

JayGee - I fell off my no-dessert resolution this past week so can I join your team to get back on track?

Graceie - You asked about the principal saga right? My dh just filed a petition to recall the school board. It has to be approved by a judge but it is a big loud flag of discontent and all our online papers are running the story and another parent had bumper stickers made up to show support for the Principal. - So, the saga continues.

Lab - Hi! I'm in the possibly-far-too-old-fashioned-about-texting because I've yet to try it myself. But if you're cool with that then I agree with the others about keeping the sports doc and/or athletic trainer in touch the coach. How exciting to have such a talented son!

Okay, gotta go!

#16 ·
No school here. The kids enjoyed a sleepover at a friend's house last night. I am watching those kids today so she can work.

There may be running on my treadmill, but I'm pretty sore from yesterday's shoveling! 4 miles are on the alleged schedule.

Penelope - I find that having had money laid out is very motivating for me to get my runs/medical needs taken care of.

#17 ·
Thank you to all who are using the RR and NRR in this running thread. I don't know what AFM stands for and everytime I see it makes me think of Aunt Flow. I'm sure it's something to do with forward motion or something? But since this is a running thread, it would be nice to stick to the RR-running related and the NRR-not running related. It should cover everything, even the cross training such as biking and swimming, weights, etc.

Okay, off my soap box...and you can boot me off the thread if I'm way off base (or too anal)....

RR: rest day but spent two hours trying to get the ice off the steps and the van.

NRR: third day of no school and not going anywhere. I'm organizing and baking. :)

#18 ·
Nic - I hope the surgery goes well for your DD tomorrow.

RM - AFM = As for me I'm fine with RR, NRR, but really don't care either way. What is FM?? Fitness something maybe?

Oh so tired, maybe I'll take a nap.

#19 ·
FM=Forward Motion

NRR: I can do that... although I can almost warn you all of mine will be NRR. LOL! My exercises these days are on a rectangular mat or spinning a circle around my waist. Is it spring yet?

Btw, if anyone wants to do Secret Sprinter - I won't be a part of it since I'm not running but I would manage the list. Just an offer if there is interest.

#20 ·
mommajb--wow on the 8:20 tempo!

Nick--glad it's sunny and 70 someplace! Also, hope your DD's eye surgery goes well.

It's finally warming up here, though tonight's going to be another dreadmill run. Ideally I'll do 5 miles of hill repeats, but it might only be 3, depending on how late it is.

#22 ·
Hello!

Thanks for the new thread, Nic! I hope that your DD's eye surgery goes well and her recovery is uneventful.

This morning at the gym I saw my sister-in-law, who peer-pressured me into the pool. I'd been wavering between pool and treadmill. I took a long shower beforehand, didn't use the hot tub, and took another long shower afterward. At home I took an allergy pill. I'm a bit itchy now, nothing I can't handle, but signs are still pointing to my being allergic to the chlorine. Darn it. Now I need to figure out if any tips I've had will help, and in what combination. I'm not quite ready to give up yet.

I likely won't work out again until Monday; this is DS's birthday weekend (five years old!) and we're planning on going to some sort of museum on Saturday and then out to a fancy restaurant on Sunday. Somewhere in there I need to make an ice-cream cake (for us) and a batch of cupcakes (for preschool).

Apparently I'm not joining the eat-healthy folks at the moment.

#23 ·
Today was beautiful- 20*F and sunny! We had the windows open and cleaned the house, I made soap and have some cabbage and ham soup on.
love.gif

TOMORROW I should be getting my tax refund and ordering a laptop! Then these short messages won't take me 45 minutes to write and the site will load in less than 20 minutes!! I am so excited!! (Sorry for the exclamation mark abuse, I am hyped up!)

No Running lately. I feel like a loser. I have no time, but some motivation. I want to be great, but I am barely covering the basics lately. Blah.

#25 ·
I have been so exhausted all day. No running happened, but I did spend about 30-45 minutes clearing off the part of the driveway that the plows pushed snow onto. It was heavy and wet and icy, so hard work. I consider it good. I spent the rest of the day doing lots of yearbook stuff. I am really nearing the end game! I just have the messages from the 5th graders to do (need to get them first), proof read the stuff I've typed, get my layout order set up, and then print the darn thing out, fill out paperwork and burn discs! The last part is the only part I'm not too sure about. But, I'm sure it will work itself out when it needs to be done. Ugh! I am so tired! I worked on this for 4 hours today!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.