Postpartum Weight Loss- February! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 36 Old 02-05-2011, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Its a new year full of new beginnings! Welcome to the February thread! Lets all get an early start on our new years resolutions to be healthy, lets focus on getting healthier and losing weight! Time to work off those holiday temptations and stick with our goals!

We've gotten a lot of new ladies this month, lets all help keep each other accountable as we reach our goals! We love to see progress pictures, so don't be afraid to share, this is a no judgment zone!

This is our official accountability thread!
If you want to be added to the roll, let me know your info and I will get you listed. And of course, let me know any changes you want made to your listing by posting in bold. We want to share your success with you!
If you have any links to tips, recipes or exercise you want to share, I will post that too.

Current Hot Mama's-
Amandamanda- Current Weight- 135lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost- 85lbs!
Nola79- Current Weight- 132.2lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost- 43lbs!
AnnieMac- Current Weight- 110.5lbs, Goal Weight- 100lbs, Total Lost- 31lbs!
Kitteh- Current Weight- 127lbs, Goal Weight- 116lbs, Total Lost- 27lbs!
Mandica- Current Weight- 134.5lbs, Goal Weight- 134lbs, Total Lost-68lbs!
Pacificbliss- Current Weight- 182lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost- 12lbs!
Carley- Current Weight- 130lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost- 26lbs!
Mamacatsbaby-Current Weight- 185lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost- 10lbs!
SpuglyRoo- Current Weight- 137lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 47lbs!
Tracymom1- Current Weight- 127lbs, Goal Weight- 115lbs, Total Lost- 23lbs!
Lovemore- Current Weight- 124lbs, Goal Weight- 115lbs, Total Lost-31lbs!
Decafmom-Current Weight- 122lbs, Goal Weight- 110lbs, Total Lost- 29.5lbs!
Loveneverfails-Current Weight- 162lbs, Goal Weight- 160lbs, Total Lost-10lbs!
Hannah32- Current Weight- 178lbs, Goal Weight- 150lbs, Total Lost- 27lbs!
Sosurreal09- Current Weight- 163.3lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost- 75lbs!
Fruitful4him- Current Weight- 184lbs, Goal Weight- 160lbs, Total Lost- 63lbs!
P.J.- Current Weight- 155lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 22lbs!
Sunsetdancer- Current Weight- 233lbs, Goal Weight- 153lbs, Total Lost-
JAntoinette- Current Weight- 145lbs, Goal Weight- 132lbs, Total Lost-
Theoldmommers- Current Weight- 129lbs, Goal Weight- 115lbs, Total Lost- 38lbs!
Ihugtrees- Current Weight- 165lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost-
Gobecgo- Current Weight- 211lbs, Goal Weight- 175lbs, Total Lost- 20lbs!
Geigerin- Current Weight- 208lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost-
Mammab21- Current Weight- 160lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost-
MamitaM- Current Weight- 121lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 39lbs!
Jess_paez- Current Weight- 181lbs, Goal Weight- 150lbs, Total Lost- 23lbs!
Maciascl- Current Weight- 167.5lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 6lbs!
Aphel- Current Weight- 165lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost- 5lbs!
RaeRae91-Current Weight- 145lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost- 28lbs!
OneWithTwo- Current Weight- 200lbs, Goal Weight- 150lbs, Total Lost-
Chloe'sMama- Current Weight- 148lbs, Goal Weight- 135lbs, Total Lost- 17lbs!
Amy@STL- Current Weight-184lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost-
CherryBomb- Current Weight- 238lbs, Goal Weight- 175lbs, Total Lost- 27lbs!
KittyWitty- Current Weight- 152lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 17lbs!
Laylasmomplus1- Current Weight- 252lbs, Goal Weight- 205lbs, Total Lost
Poorlittlefish- Current Weight- 163lbs, Goal Weight- 150lbs, Total Lost- 4lbs!
Chewynotcrunchy-  Current weight-172lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost- 33lbs!
Hollymommy- Current Weight- 131lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 17lbs!
Pittnurse08- Current Weight- 135.5lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 70lbs!

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
#2 of 36 Old 02-05-2011, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

HAPPY FEBRUARY THREAD EVERYONE! Sorry it was so late! Here is my latest post in our last thread for those who hadn't seen it.

Aaaaanyway..

I had a follow up appointment at the endocrinologist today. Just a follow up to check on my thyroid. I weighed in at 138lbs on normal metal slidey scale thing. I was a little bummed out, because I (obviously) have been weighing myself at home, and I've been somewhere around 135lbs, but then she reminded me that when I initially went in in October for my first appointment, I was at 148lbs, and I know that I'd been weighing at home around 144. Either way, I've lost 10lbs on the same scale. 10lbs in 3.5 months isn't GREAT, but hey- I'll gladly take it. These last few pounds are a struggle. But I just keep reminding myself of that initial thread where I said I wanted to be 150lbs by my sons first birthday in March!

I also joined a Weight Loss challenge on Daily Burn hosted by one of my favorite bloggers.

(heh, just realized I'm in 11th place!) I KNOW I'm not going to win, because I only have a little bit left to lose- but I figured I need the extra motivation. As part of the challenge, we had to send in before pictures of ourselves. Who wants to see mine?? In all honesty, these before pictures are really closer to my "after pictures" since we all know what my before picture really was. But for the sake of the contest, here they are. Hopefully when the challenge is over I will have toned my arms, hips and stomach! But here I am!

twlc2.jpgtwlc3.jpg

and why not. Here is my true before picture yet again. I want to carry a copy of it around in my wallet. I can't believe this was less than 10 months ago.

before.jpg

and while I'm at it.. I can't believe this little guy will be ONE in a month. He was worth all the weight gain and stretch marks. But I'm glad some of it is gone. :)

a1.jpg

Okay ladies, your turn.. I want to see pictures!!

GET YOUR STATS POSTED. I'm really sorry for slacking in January guys. I will be better in February!

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
#3 of 36 Old 02-05-2011, 11:25 AM

Wow Amanda your BEFORE pics for the contest are even impressive but I admire you for having a personal best in mind. Each month when I read through the stats on Everyone participating I am just really impressed with all the weight these women are losing despite the responsibilities and challenges of motherhood and life in general. I just feel that needs to be said.

Keep up the good work everyone~ Summer is at least 16 weeks away and even if we don't meet our goals by that point if we stay the course we can make considerable progress!

Mama to my tribe
#4 of 36 Old 02-05-2011, 06:30 PM

I didn't post much in Jan but I hope to get back into it a bit more in Feb. My weight is still jumping around more than normal but I'll say I am at 168. Worked at our produce co-op yesterday and my legs are sore today from squating with little one in the mei tai. So yay for exercise as part of life orngbiggrin.gif I bought a pedometer last week but have been forgetting to wear it. Most days that I do wear it I am getting over 10,000 steps which is what I remember reading we should try for so I guess I am not as lazy as I thought I was.

My goals for Feb:

Drink atleast 48oz water everyday

Try 5 new raw recipes

Take my thyroid pills everyday

Strech every night

Incorpoate exercise into daily living (park further away, squat don't bend over, etc...)

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#5 of 36 Old 02-06-2011, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Amanda, you look amazing. Very inspiring.

No update from me. I had to spend last month getting rid of the holiday weight I put on. I need to remember this is a lifestyle change and not a diet. Like today for instance. NO THROWING GOOD EATING OUT THE WINDOW BECAUSE OF THE SUPERBOWL! I have a bad habit of saying tomorrow I will get back into it but there is no "it". This just needs to be the way I eat now.

#6 of 36 Old 02-06-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post

My goals for Feb:

Try 5 new raw recipes

Strech every night

Incorpoate exercise into daily living (park further away, squat don't bend over, etc...)

I like that your goals aren't weight loss specific but are instead just healthy habits.  I'm inspired! orngbiggrin.gif so here are mine for Feb:

-Eat a piece of Fruit every day (for someone who likes fruit this should be a no-brainer, but for some I have a hard time doing it f

-Eat Super Oatmeal for Breakfast at least 5 out of 7 days (instead of junk cereal)

-Knead my bread dough by hand (we didn't buy any bread this month in an effort to save money and be a little healthier)

-Drink my 2 pitchers of water every day, instead of most days

-Sit less (hard to measure, I think I'll have to cut down on a lot of computer time to do this one)

In other news, I've lost a bit more! Only .5 a lb but still, I'm excited!  I'm at 136.5 now, soo close to reaching the last ten lb stretch (which I know takes a while) but once I'm there I will feel like my goal is within my grasp.

Hey, Babe  +  Me  =  Little Man 07-27-08  &  the Storm Sprite 07-11-10  computergeek2.gif    
#7 of 36 Old 02-06-2011, 02:12 PM

SnugglyRoo and maciascl, I really like your goals, I am copying several of them in mine: 

*incorporate exercise into daily life

*drink 80oz of water daily

*eat fruit every day

*eat a green vegetable every day

*go outside every day (even if it is just to get the mail)

*formally exercise at least 3 times a week

#8 of 36 Old 02-09-2011, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post

My goals for Feb:

Try 5 new raw recipes

Strech every night

Those are great goals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuglyRoo View Post

I like that your goals aren't weight loss specific but are instead just healthy habits.  I'm inspired! orngbiggrin.gif so here are mine for Feb:

-Eat a piece of Fruit every day (for someone who likes fruit this should be a no-brainer, but for some I have a hard time doing it f

-Eat Super Oatmeal for Breakfast at least 5 out of 7 days (instead of junk cereal)

-Knead my bread dough by hand (we didn't buy any bread this month in an effort to save money and be a little healthier)

-Drink my 2 pitchers of water every day, instead of most days

-Sit less (hard to measure, I think I'll have to cut down on a lot of computer time to do this one)

Those are also great goals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewynotcrunchy View Post

SnugglyRoo and maciascl, I really like your goals, I am copying several of them in mine: 

*incorporate exercise into daily life

*drink 80oz of water daily

*eat fruit every day

*eat a green vegetable every day

*go outside every day (even if it is just to get the mail)

*formally exercise at least 3 times a week

Those are ALSO great goals!

I am inspired by all of these goals. They seem so simple to do, when losing pounds seems so impossible. It is so important to remember that small steps can lead to great things. Its all about making good choices isn't it? I actually haven't been counting calories. Weird right? Maybe I need to start again, because most likely I am overestimating what I am eating, but I am so glad to be "acclimated" back into the real world, which means no more neurotic amanda not being able to go anywhere without googling what she can and cant eat, and not eating dinner because shes maxed out for the day. It seems to be working for me, because I certainly haven't GAINED any weight.

135.2 today.

I doubt I'm going to lose 5lbs in 3 weeks for my babys birthday, but you know what. I'm happy with where I'm at. When I started my pregnancy at 177lbs, I never dreamed that a year AFTER he was born that I'd be in the 130's. So yeah. Not too shabby.

I'm thinking if I can just gradually lose weight (like 2lbs a month like its been) that it means it is a true loss and not just a quick fix. When the weight first started coming off, I thought that maybe it was too quick and that once I stopped being so strict it would just come back on. I think the fact that I have been under 150 since oh.. August, means that most likely it is not going to come back! I really want to just focus on toning up now, but unfortunately my gym time has been strictly cut back. I have an exercise ball at home and I have been trying to do workout videos, but I need to get motivated again. Small steps, right?

#9 of 36 Old 02-11-2011, 01:37 PM

I find that when I just try to be health rather than focus on weight loss I feel better and it just naturally happens orngbiggrin.gif I found this 200 squat challenge that I am going to try. In fact there is a squat, push up, and sit up challenge. I think I am going to try all 3.  I  Let's see if I can  Let's see if I can make it through the 6 weeks. I tend to give up too soon.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#10 of 36 Old 02-12-2011, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Okay, FINALLY the holiday weight seems to be GONE for good! I can't believe after all that I've accomplished I let myself gain like 6lbs, which turned to 10lbs, etc. I feel like I've been losing the same 10lbs for 2 months! But yes. The whole month of February seems to be working in my favor, and now I am losing additional weight and not just the weight that I put back on. I still want to be 130 by my sons first birthday. Which I should probably mention is in 18 days. Hmm.. I doubt its going to happen. But this is what the scale told me today. I am quite pleased.

Feb

So what do you think? Can I do it? 4 and a half pounds in under 3 weeks?

Watch me try...

#11 of 36 Old 02-13-2011, 08:42 PM

Someone please tell me I did not go away to wine country for a WEEKEND and gain 5 lbs! So, I usually weigh in the morning and I weighed tonight when we got home. I did not log into WW all weekend but didn't really pig out either. Did drink a fair number of calories....Please tell me at my weigh in next Sunday I can be back where I was...at least!

with that out of my system:

I think you can totally rock it Amanda! No problem. You're almost there.

200 squats is an awesome goal maciascl! Seems like lots of you have goals that are more about health than weight loss but will likely lead to weight loss. I think that's a great way to go about it.

#12 of 36 Old 02-16-2011, 03:47 PM

Pacificbliss: Alcohol dehydrates you. When I am dehydrated my weight actually goes up. It's worth a try. Drink lots of water and see what happens.

Amandamanda: Good luck!

I did day 2 of my squat/sit-up/push-up challenge today and suddenly realized that I am did 28 squats, 20 push ups (on my knees), and 30 sit ups today. If I can keep up with this challenge, in 6 weeks I'll be doing 231 squats, 170 push ups, and 257 sit-ups according to this program... I am skeptical. I think it may take 6 months rather than 6 weeks but I'm giving it a shot anyway ..

#13 of 36 Old 02-16-2011, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

any chance chocolate cake dehydrates you too?

darn you valentines daya!

#14 of 36 Old 02-21-2011, 06:34 AM

maciascl- I will be very impressed if you reach those numbers by 6 weeks, if you do maybe I'll take the plunge and try the challenge myself!  Keep us updated with how it is going because I am very curious.

Amanda-  4 and a half pounds is nothing compared to what you have done already.  If only random holidays would stop popping up that give us excuse to eat their accompanying treats we would probably all be better off. 

pacificbliss how has rehydrating gone?

Last week we finally had a few gorgeous days out so I was able to take the kids into the yard.  Unfortunately it was soo swampy out there that I pretty much stayed on the patio since I only had sneakers to wear.  Our yard tends to get and stay very wet so I went and picked up a pair of rubber boots so that I'll be able to get us all outside even on wet days.  I am hoping to get outside with the kids just about every day, now that we both have proper footwear I really don't have an excuse.  Winter is throwing her (hopefully) last hurrah and we have snow coming down again, rather disappointing after having been outside without even a jacket three days ago, but at least I know spring is nearly here.  As the temps keep warming up DH and I have plans to start using all his gym equipment in the garage again.  He is one of those weird people who LOVES to exercise, so I am hoping some of his enthusiasm rubs off on me.

I have a new low over here, weighed in at 134 yesterday morning!  That means I have officially dropped into the "last ten pounds" category.  I never thought I would get here this soon, Phaedra is only 7 1/2 months right now so I have great hope of reaching my goal before her birthday in July.  Unfortunately, I think that this is due in part to my thyroid going wonky (overacting instead of it's usual underacting).  It is kind of nice that it means I get to lose some weight, but it also means that I should probably head in for a blood work up.  Me and doctors? Not so much.  I think I'll wait and see if any other symptoms change over, it could also just be that my hormones are starting to level out from pregnancy (just got my first period) so I think I will hope for that and take a wait and see stance.

Doing pretty well on the goals-

eating fruit daily? I'd say 4 out of 7 days

kneading my own bread? I actually haven't made any yet this month

drinking my water? 5 out of 7 days

eating my oatmeal? every day! woohoo! one goal going well :-)

Hey, Babe  +  Me  =  Little Man 07-27-08  &  the Storm Sprite 07-11-10  computergeek2.gif    
#15 of 36 Old 02-21-2011, 09:37 AM

spuglyroo you're doing great on those goals! Rehydration went well actually. Thank goodness I did not gain weight in Calistoga. I managed to lose a lb last week so I will be updating soon :) Thanks for checking in!

How is everyone else doing?

#16 of 36 Old 02-22-2011, 02:28 PM

Hi! I'm going to jump in at the end of the month, but you are all very inspirational!

Here were/are my goals for Feb:

• count calories a few days a week (My Plate is a helpful site for this- they also have a free app which is o.k.)
  • limit snacks to fruit and nuts
  • no rice/pasta/bread at dinner
  • double amount of veggies at dinner
  • good, sweaty cardio exercise 5 times a week (Jillian Michaels workouts are great!)

Since Jan. I have lost about 10 pounds and my goal is to loose 10 more. 

I weigh myself every morning. It feel a wee bit obsessive, but oh well, it motivates me. 

Rock on, mamas!thumbsup.gif

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#17 of 36 Old 02-22-2011, 07:53 PM

Welcome, GoldBerry!!!

I signed up for sparkpeople.com and have been logging my calories there.  I am doing well on drinking water, but not so great on anything else. And I am scared to weigh myself.  I have just been *so* hungry the past several days, I can't control myself!!! Grrr....  hopefully March will be better...

#18 of 36 Old 02-23-2011, 05:32 AM

Welcome, GoldBerry! I noticed that when I was weighing daily I was more conscious of my food choices and actions throughout the day and was losing weight more consistently. 

maciascl, I looked into the squat challenge you mentioned and noticed the other challenges there as well.  I am thinking of joining you.  I'm going to do the squat and push -up challenges but I don't think that I'll be able to do the sit up one (I vaguely remember reading somewhere that they are bad for my prolapse, but I can't remember where so I'm going to err on the side of caution).  We also have a chin up bar in the garage, and I was going to look at that program too, but the webpage isn't finished.  Maybe I'll just follow the principles from the other challenges and just make up a pull up challenge for myself after I complete the other two challenges.  I just think I need a more tangible goal activity wise and this might fit the bill.  If I rotate back and forth between the two challenges that means I will have something structured to do every day (except Sundays) but will still be giving the muscle groups a rest in between. 

#19 of 36 Old 02-23-2011, 07:10 AM

Welcome Goldberry! No worries about the regular weigh in. I have taken to weighing my self several times a day. I want to see the fluctuation. Truly obsessed but it does help keep me in check.

#20 of 36 Old 02-23-2011, 09:56 AM

Good- I think if it motivates us it's a good thing! Infact, I need to get off my butt and get motivated right now! broc1.gif

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#21 of 36 Old 02-25-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuglyRoo View Post

Welcome, GoldBerry! I noticed that when I was weighing daily I was more conscious of my food choices and actions throughout the day and was losing weight more consistently. 

maciascl, I looked into the squat challenge you mentioned and noticed the other challenges there as well.  I am thinking of joining you.  I'm going to do the squat and push -up challenges but I don't think that I'll be able to do the sit up one (I vaguely remember reading somewhere that they are bad for my prolapse, but I can't remember where so I'm going to err on the side of caution).  We also have a chin up bar in the garage, and I was going to look at that program too, but the webpage isn't finished.  Maybe I'll just follow the principles from the other challenges and just make up a pull up challenge for myself after I complete the other two challenges.  I just think I need a more tangible goal activity wise and this might fit the bill.  If I rotate back and forth between the two challenges that means I will have something structured to do every day (except Sundays) but will still be giving the muscle groups a rest in between. 

I did week 1 but then I stopped. I have issues with follow through duck.gifHowever I think the squats messed up my back. I am just not strong enough yet. I am going to start again next week but I may drop the squats for now. Either that or I will follow the same pattern but do lunges instead.

I seem to be back down to a regular 168 again. I'm doing better with my water but I'm eating horribly. I am so hungry lately. DS seems to be nursing more so that is probably why. If I could get myself to exercise regularly I  wouldn't worry about my eating as much right now. I also haven't taken my vitamins or thyroid pills in a few days so that I could really test if they help or not and I feel aweful so I guess they really are helping. Starting tonight I will be taking them regularly again.

#22 of 36 Old 02-27-2011, 09:52 AM

Wahoo! 180 on the scale today. Next week I can put up a new number next to the 1 and break through a plateau it feels like I have been at forever.

Amanda, if you are doing a March thread can you update me? Thanks!

#23 of 36 Old 02-27-2011, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Please post your stats for the March thread! Thanks!

Will catch up more tomorrow. =)

#24 of 36 Old 02-28-2011, 06:08 AM

Current Weight- 133.5 Goal Weight- 125 Weight Lost- 50.5

#25 of 36 Old 02-28-2011, 09:23 AM

Current Weight- 168 Goal Weight- 125 Weight Lost- 5

#26 of 36 Old 02-28-2011, 09:28 AM

Current Weight: 182  Goal Weight: 169 Weight Lost- 68

Mama to my tribe
#27 of 36 Old 02-28-2011, 09:57 AM

Amanda, can you remove me from the roster? I haven't posted in awile, I've lost all my weight, and I don't see myself realistically losing any more. I may come back and post but for now I'm in maintenance. Good Luck to everyone!

Amandamanda likes this.
#28 of 36 Old 03-03-2011, 05:07 PM

Me me me. I would like to join the club. I am 1 week pp but figured why not go ahead and start tracking now. I love the goals on this thread-would love to have the motivation of others.

Current Weight 223-------Goal Weight 140

83 in total to lose

Got a way to go but I am excited to be doing it!!!

Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif

#29 of 36 Old 03-03-2011, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Will edit this when my computer is fixed, hopefully in a few days. For now- I will just change the title on the Feb thread.

PS- My baby turned ONE on Wednesday. I weighed 134. Not too Shabby. One year ago I was 212! :)

#30 of 36 Old 03-04-2011, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamanda View Post

Will edit this when my computer is fixed, hopefully in a few days. For now- I will just change the title on the Feb thread.

PS- My baby turned ONE on Wednesday. I weighed 134. Not too Shabby. One year ago I was 212! :)

Awesome! I hit a new low of 131.8!!!! Sooo close to the 120's. (which I really don't think I'll see, but it's still pretty cool.)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page