HCG Phase 3 thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 53 Old 03-25-2011, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hooray!  Back on P3!  Oh cheese, how I have missed you.  Lots of yummy P3 recipes will be coming up on my blog soon :)

WAHMama to Allen (2-10-05) and Alexa (6-27-08)
#32 of 53 Old 03-26-2011, 08:42 AM

Hi LianneM-

I think I'll join you for a week.  I've decided to experiment doing a one week cycle of P3 (or interruption) and then hop back into P2 a week from tomorrow: 4/3.  I'm on my 3rd round, P2 Day 23 here.  I'm going to keep the P3 foods pretty simple since it's only for 7 days.  But, Yum!  P3!  Well, starting tomorrow officially because I'm doing one more VLCD without drops today.

I think I'm going to try to remember to do CO every day this week.  Nourish this body. orngbiggrin.gif

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#33 of 53 Old 03-26-2011, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Awesome!  Enjoy! 

So far I've had two days of P3 and 2 days of pizza.  I don't think I've ever loved pizza so much.

#34 of 53 Old 03-27-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post

I think I'll join you for a week.  I've decided to experiment doing a one week cycle of P3 (or interruption) and then hop back into P2 a week from tomorrow: 4/3.  I'm on my 3rd round, P2 Day 23 here.  I'm going to keep the P3 foods pretty simple since it's only for 7 days.  But, Yum!  P3!  Well, starting tomorrow officially because I'm doing one more VLCD without drops today.

I think I'm going to try to remember to do CO every day this week.  Nourish this body. orngbiggrin.gif

You will have to elaborate on how you're doing this. I might be doing this over Easter weekend and I'd love some pointers and someone to hold my hand smile.gif April 3rd is the first day of Treasure Map time...are you doing one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LianneM View PostSo far I've had two days of P3 and 2 days of pizza.  I don't think I've ever loved pizza so much.

How are you doing pizza on P3? How do you make a starch-free crust? Gawd, I love pizza. But not often. I have it on Loading days and that's pretty much it for me.

Back on VLCDs. I'm on Day 3. I gained some NINE pounds in Loading and pre-Loading days. I've taken off 6 of them in the past 2 days. My MyPlate graph looks wildly swinging up and down and decidedly unhealthy as for pendulum eating...sigh...I am still so sick with food issues. I really would love to stabilize one of these days, at a reasonable weight. I guess, like alcohol for me, it's really all about vigilance. But it's so much harder with food!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#35 of 53 Old 03-27-2011, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Check out my blog for two recipes, and two more coming next week.  I'm on a mission to find the best starch-free pizza crust.  They involve a lot of cheese, and other stuff too.  YUM!

#36 of 53 Old 03-27-2011, 03:34 PM

I've done the Tropical Traditions pizza crust while on P3 and it is so good!  It's basically cheese, eggs, coconut flour, and a bit of ground flax.  I like to top it with pesto and sliced tomatoes... yummy.gif

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

#37 of 53 Old 03-27-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LianneM View Post

Check out my blog for two recipes, and two more coming next week.  I'm on a mission to find the best starch-free pizza crust.  They involve a lot of cheese, and other stuff too.  YUM!

Wow! Just skimming right now, but yay, thank you! joy.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#38 of 53 Old 03-27-2011, 03:54 PM

Here's the TT pizza crust recipe-

http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/recipe_Gluten-Free_Pizza_Crust.htm

#39 of 53 Old 03-27-2011, 05:27 PM

Yum...that TT pizza crust sounds yummy. :)

Maia-I hope to do a TM.  I need to brainstorm about size since I'll be moving.  For this "interruption" or "cycling" I don't really know what to call it, I'm just doing it for one week.  I was thinking of doing one last long round, but my intuition was telling me it would have to be too long to get off all the weight.  I'm also feeling a little impatient, so I'm experimenting.  I stopped taking my drops on Friday, kept VLCD through yesterday while trying to antidote my hHCG (I did this my drinking coffee and huffing eucalyptus oil yesterday), today I started eating P3 and will continue for 7 days.  Then I will go right back into P2 without loading next Sunday.  I'm doing P3 really simply.  I don't want to try to add in too many things because I don't want to gain any weight fingersx.gif or make it difficult to transition back to P2.  I'm going to eat lots of healthy fats and protein.  If I do cheese, I'll only add a little the last 3 days.  For the most part, I'll keep the vegies and fruit the same as P2.  This is what I normally do the first week of P3, and I've had good success with stabilizing my first 2 rounds.  I'm kind of just making it up as what feels right for me.  I'll let you know how it goes, and I'll be happy to hold your hand. love.gif

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#40 of 53 Old 03-27-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post I'm doing P3 really simply.  I don't want to try to add in too many things because I don't want to gain any weight fingersx.gif or make it difficult to transition back to P2.  I'm going to eat lots of healthy fats and protein.  If I do cheese, I'll only add a little the last 3 days.  For the most part, I'll keep the vegies and fruit the same as P2.  This is what I normally do the first week of P3, and I've had good success with stabilizing my first 2 rounds.  I'm kind of just making it up as what feels right for me.  I'll let you know how it goes, and I'll be happy to hold your hand. love.gif

Maybe that's where my problems have been. I tend to snarf cheese and all sorts of what-not on P3, nearly immediately. And lots of it. So basically your P3 is just a higher calorie P2? Plus...what, more fat, I guess? Got sample menu for a day? Or three? lol.gif

I want to do it right next time. I'm tired of gaining back half or more of my P2 losses. I really have to remember to BE PATIENT. I still have to figure out just exactly how to ask my mom to KEEP IT SIMPLE when we go visit her on Easter weekend. I think I might try to do what you're doing.

#41 of 53 Old 03-27-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Maybe that's where my problems have been. I tend to snarf cheese and all sorts of what-not on P3, nearly immediately. And lots of it. So basically your P3 is just a higher calorie P2? Plus...what, more fat, I guess? Got sample menu for a day? Or three? lol.gif

I want to do it right next time. I'm tired of gaining back half or more of my P2 losses. I really have to remember to BE PATIENT. I still have to figure out just exactly how to ask my mom to KEEP IT SIMPLE when we go visit her on Easter weekend. I think I might try to do what you're doing.

Do you have issues with dairy, maybe?  I can't remember if you've talked about that in the past or not.  But if you are following protocol in P3 and having a hard time stabilizing chances are you are reacting to something you are eating.  The extra weight could be due to inflammation.  Dairy products are the most likely culprit as there are no grains in P3.  Just a thought. 

#42 of 53 Old 03-28-2011, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

I don't mind giving you a menu at all.  When you're getting ready for P3, remind me, K?  I don't know if it will work for you, but so far it's works well for me.  smile.gif

#43 of 53 Old 03-28-2011, 07:47 AM

Oh, I just found a recipe for coconut flour tortillas that actually seem to function like tortillas....cant WAIT to make some!!!!

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#44 of 53 Old 03-28-2011, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

ooh, can you share the link to that recipe? Thanks!

#45 of 53 Old 03-28-2011, 08:04 AM

http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/recipe_Coconut_Flour_Tortillas.htm

amybw likes this.

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#46 of 53 Old 03-28-2011, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I saw that one but was nervous from the comments underneath.  Let us know how they work for you!

#47 of 53 Old 03-28-2011, 08:20 AM

I saw it on some other blogs were people had better comments:)  I figure if I smother it in cheese and sauce it will taste good regardless lol.   Think I am going to make enchiladas tomorrow

#48 of 53 Old 03-28-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovergirl View PostDo you have issues with dairy, maybe?  I can't remember if you've talked about that in the past or not.  But if you are following protocol in P3 and having a hard time stabilizing chances are you are reacting to something you are eating.  The extra weight could be due to inflammation.  Dairy products are the most likely culprit as there are no grains in P3.  Just a thought. 

I dunno. Maybe. I don't look inflamed. I don't feel inflamed. My gut doesn't do icky stuff. I just...well, my first two P3s I gained back about 4lbs and then kinda-sorta stabilized there, but it wasn't easy. Had to be very, very vigilant and weigh me and weigh and keep track of foods still and I was hoping to get beyond that...but like I said, I just went apeshit in P4 and went right back to my old habits at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View PostI don't mind giving you a menu at all.  When you're getting ready for P3, remind me, K?  I don't know if it will work for you, but so far it's works well for me.  smile.gif

Aw, you don't have to wait; you can post it now. I won't be in P3 for awhile. I'll probably save it and peruse it when the time comes smile.gif Thanks!

#49 of 53 Old 03-28-2011, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmagick View Post

I saw it on some other blogs were people had better comments:)  I figure if I smother it in cheese and sauce it will taste good regardless lol.   Think I am going to make enchiladas tomorrow

Love it LOL

#50 of 53 Old 03-29-2011, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

WOW, the TT pizza crust recipe is the best one I've had yet - I made it with all coconut flour, no flax.  I'm going to try it with the flax too, but the all coconut ROCKED!  Making half a recipe is the perfect personal size pizza.  Delicious!  Thanks for sharing that link!

#51 of 53 Old 03-29-2011, 12:08 PM

Yay, glad you liked it!  And I agree, half the recipe makes a great personal size pizza.  I usually make the whole thing and then split it in two- one for DH, one for me.  Although a lot of the time I can only eat half of my my personal one, it is very filling!

#52 of 53 Old 03-29-2011, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

I thought for sure I'd only eat half, but I wanted the rest.  Half really should be enough, probably. 

I made it today with the flax, and added basil and garlic powder and it pretty much masked the coconut flavor.  I think my husband would eat it that way.  He doesn't do coconut at all and pretty much hates anything with coconut.

#53 of 53 Old 03-29-2011, 05:31 PM

How did you do the pizza crust again? Can you post recipe with and without the flax meal? Thanks! No P3 for me for awhile, but I want to plan ahead winky.gif

Actually we're going to my mom's part of the week of 4/11-15, for ds's spring break, and I'm going to have to plan an interruption to my P2 while I'm there greensad.gif It'll only be like VLCDs 18-23 or something. So I am going to go off the drops a day or so before, and try my arse off to antidote the hHCG, and do a modified P2/P3 while I'm there, then go back into P2 on the way home. Or start the drops on the way home but start P2 when I get here. I hope it doesn't impact TOO much.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page