Busting my butt for 1 pound??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-01-2011, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Is anyone else finding it hard to get the lbs off? I am doing Weight Watchers and working out a ton.  Currently I am burning about 3500 calories a week with exercise on top of the dieting with Weight Watchers.  I started on October 19 and since then have only lost 30 lbs.  Today I weighed in and only lost 1 lb this week.  I feel like why in the world am I busting my butt so hard and being so good when I am only losing a pound a week?  I know they say 1-2 lbs a week is good but I feel like I should be closer to the 2 than the 1 considering how much I am doing.  Any advice for me?  I started at 184 lbs and I am currently 154 lbs.  I have 24 more pounds to lose until I hit my goal. 

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2011, 09:20 PM

Aw, sorry you're frustrated but that is actually really good progress! It will get a bit harder the closer you get to your goal. What exercise are you doing? Are you getting any work with weights in?

Old 03-01-2011, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

I burn 400-500 calories a day on the treadmill, I do intervals so my body doesn't get used to it.  I swim 2-3 times a week.  I also walk at the track with a friend 3 hours a week.  I do free weights about 20 minutes a day at home.  I used to do Curves but find it too hard to get there so I bought the treadmill.  I am going to be starting horseback riding again when I lose 40 lbs (10 more lbs to go).  I think I am getting pretty well-rounded exercise but I feel like it's not enough.

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
Old 03-01-2011, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It might not seem like it to you, but 30 lbs since October is great! Keep doing what you're doing and those last few pounds will come off.

User Tag List