Lots to Lose - March - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 116 Old 03-23-2011, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
I seem to really be craving that "too stuffed to think, totally numbed out" feeling.

I like this. Good way to put it.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#92 of 116 Old 03-25-2011, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This month is starting to fustrate me.  I haven't lost anything this month.  I know what the problem is but I can't seem to get my act together.  One week I'll be exercising well but not really watching what I eat.  Then the next week I'll watch what I eat but not exercise.  So here is to hoping I can combine the two this week and shed at least 3 pounds! I WILL get under 200 this last week!

Starting weight: 212

Goal weight: 130

Current weight:  

3/10- 202

3/17- 202

3/24- 202

Mom to cat.gif and looking forward to breastfeeding and nurturing future kids!  luxlove.gif
#93 of 116 Old 03-25-2011, 10:25 AM

I can see I'm not the only one struggling. I need somebody to kick my butt. I eat what I want because I'm pregnant and feel the urge to eat constantly, but I'm not making all good choices. I use my exhaustion as an excuse not to exercise. I need to stop doing these things! Grrrrrr.

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#94 of 116 Old 03-25-2011, 10:28 AM

2 days with the normal amount of sodium a person should have and I think Im going to die. Im craving everything salty (chips, crackers, salt....just out of the shaker)

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#95 of 116 Old 03-25-2011, 11:44 AM

Well, despite fighting very hard not to binge and counting every point I gained this week .4  :(  

I really don't know why, hopefully I was just retaining water because I drank wine and ate salty crab the night before.

flowersforyou.gif

#96 of 116 Old 03-25-2011, 02:41 PM

Well I have been doing good for once :) according to the scale I am already down 6lbs this week!

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#97 of 116 Old 03-25-2011, 03:10 PM

Well, I haven't been doing well this week, at all!  I'm trying to give myself a break bc it was my birthday earlier this week... and I had cake, and treats all week.  Next week, I'm back to doing a good job with my diet and exercising.

~maddymama

#98 of 116 Old 03-26-2011, 07:21 PM

Just wanted to encourage all of us who are struggling this month. We can do this, ladies!  

And to those who are doing well  Keep up the great work!  

Mom to cat.gif and looking forward to breastfeeding and nurturing future kids!  luxlove.gif
#99 of 116 Old 03-27-2011, 04:39 AM

Well I am pissed. AF still has not come and I was hungry last night. We had been out all day and we got home and I did not want to cook so I thought "I can just order out" well I talked myself out of it and maybe spaghetti instead (again it is late so I needed to make something quick) I only ate 2cups total and it had veggies and scallops in it. I did not have anything bad afterwards I just sucked on a couple squares of dark chocolate and BAM nearly 3 lbs heavier today than yesterday! ERRRRR

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#100 of 116 Old 03-27-2011, 06:51 AM

Sosurreal- Ill bet you are just retaining water. Did you make it with marinara sauce? Perhaps it was salty.

My weigh in is tomorrow. I feel like Ive been starving all week, except for yesterday. I was away from home all day and went to whole foods for lunch and ate a really good salad with just ACV as dressing, but then for dinner I went out with MIL and ate half a seitan (fake chicken) parm sandwhich and and 3/4 cup of potatoes that Im sure were covered in butter. Oh well, it took all I had not to binge and eat the other half of the sandwhich, which I  brought home to dh and watched him eat :(. I didnt eat anything else for the rest of the day, so Im sure my caloric intake was still pretty good, but I know the fat was probably outrageous.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#101 of 116 Old 03-27-2011, 08:31 AM

Hey Ladies.  I know how it feels to struggle with binge eating. I am trying to eat healthy but really have declared nothing off limits completely. I did make myself a deal that if I ate anything "extra" I had to compensate by working it off in the gym. It's funny how easier it is not to binge when you know it'll cost you another hour on the elliptical.  The only thing I did completely eliminate was soda. I am now two weeks soda-free and it really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I don't even crave it now.  I am still on the C25k training schedule and I'm done with week 2 as of today. I might need to repeat week 2. Week 3 looks a little scary.

Weight:

Starting weight: 232 (March 10th)

Last week: 228

This week: 222

Goal Weight: 145 (by the end of the year)

Running Goal:

March: Run 1 minute Walk 2 minutes for 30 minutes

End of April: Run one mile without having to walk. Walk the other two miles

End Goal: 13.1 miles in October, 2011 ( No time goal right now, I just want to make it!)

journeymom likes this.
#102 of 116 Old 03-27-2011, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Sunday night -- just thinking about my upcoming week.  Everyone is finally feeling good again.  No more illness for this family!  We have met our quota for flus and colds.  With the family healthier, I am free to focus on myself again.  

I went for a terrific walk yesterday and mapped out a new running route.  I am going to try my hand at getting up earlier and getting 3 runs/walks this week.  I have my clothes laid out, alarm clock set and I plan to be up and out with the early sunrise tomorrow.  Being outside has been incredibly good for me lately.  The exercise is wonderful, but I think the mental well being is what I am really craving.  

I am also going to head to the gym for a Step class.  It us a good workout and really, really fun.  I look forward to it every week.  

And of course, back to ww this week. I know it works.  I know I can do it.  I just need to do it.  

So, there I go.  3 runs, 1 Step class, WW everyday.  

Be well everyone!  

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#103 of 116 Old 03-27-2011, 09:31 PM

Hey everyone,

Sorry I have been a bit of an absentee LtL-er lately, but things have been pretty rough around here.  This month my DD has had a cold, a horrid stomach flu, and now for the last two days she has been running a fever with no other symptoms.  It is like as soon as she gets back to her old self she gets sick again.  Then last weekend my DH had a flare of his colitis, the worse I have ever seen him.  And then.... I ended up in Urgent Care with suspected kidney stones.  Nothing showed up on the xray but the doctor was pretty sure that is what it is, and sent in a referral for a ct scan.  Still haven't heard anything though.  So all in all, a rough couple of weeks. 

But somehow, through all of that, I still lost.  I am now at a total of 26.5 pounds lost.... I can't remember what I weighed in at last time, but I think it is about a 3 or 4lb loss over two weeks.  I'll take it! 

I mentioned before that I have given up all white starchy foods for Lent, and I am sure that is helping.  I am craving sweets something fierce though!  I can't wait for chocolate on Easter Sunday!!!

I am desperate to be able to get outside and go for walks and eventually runs, but the weather here is still awful.  Still snow on the ground, still snowing.  Last night I went out for a walk anyways, and I basically walked in freezing drizzel.  I didn't bring a hat, and really regretted it.  Spring, where are you???

Wife to DH (06/10) and Mummy to DD (07/08).

#104 of 116 Old 03-28-2011, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_lily View Post

Hey everyone,

Sorry I have been a bit of an absentee LtL-er lately, but things have been pretty rough around here.  This month my DD has had a cold, a horrid stomach flu, and now for the last two days she has been running a fever with no other symptoms.  It is like as soon as she gets back to her old self she gets sick again.  Then last weekend my DH had a flare of his colitis, the worse I have ever seen him.  And then.... I ended up in Urgent Care with suspected kidney stones.  Nothing showed up on the xray but the doctor was pretty sure that is what it is, and sent in a referral for a ct scan.  Still haven't heard anything though.  So all in all, a rough couple of weeks. 

But somehow, through all of that, I still lost.  I am now at a total of 26.5 pounds lost.... I can't remember what I weighed in at last time, but I think it is about a 3 or 4lb loss over two weeks.  I'll take it! 

I mentioned before that I have given up all white starchy foods for Lent, and I am sure that is helping.  I am craving sweets something fierce though!  I can't wait for chocolate on Easter Sunday!!!

I am desperate to be able to get outside and go for walks and eventually runs, but the weather here is still awful.  Still snow on the ground, still snowing.  Last night I went out for a walk anyways, and I basically walked in freezing drizzel.  I didn't bring a hat, and really regretted it.  Spring, where are you???

Congrats on the weight loss and my sympathies for all your family's illness.  I know how a single illness can sidetrack your best intentions and you have had many illnesses to deal with!  

Kidney stones?  Are you in pain?  That sounds terrible.  Hoping your dr. gets a diagnosis quickly. 

And I hear you about the weather.  I went for a walk this morning and slipped around on the ice for an hour.  Going is better than not going, but I would really like a splash of warmer weather to make my walks/runs more enjoyable.  

Good for you for keeping up!  

#105 of 116 Old 03-28-2011, 05:25 AM

grouphug.gif Lily

starting weight- 238 (9/09)
current weight- 191.0
goal weight- 130 (10/11)

4.7lbs down this week!!!! That hypnosis cd I did REALLY helped I haven't even been craving sweets or junk food at all and I just got AF today. This was the first PMS I have ever gotten through without gorging on chocolate!!!

#106 of 116 Old 03-28-2011, 07:11 AM

Thanks girls.  I am not currently in pain, but I was when I went into Urgent Care.  I have been having these flare ups every couple of weeks or so lasting several hours, but never days at a time or anything.  The first time it happened I went into a walk-in clinic and they diagnosed a kidney infection, but warned that it could also be stones and to go into the ER if it wasn't getting better within 24 hours.  It cleared up, so I thought that is what it was.

But every couple of weeks I get the same pain again.  It hasn't been the-worst-pain-of-your-life kind of pain that everyone talks about so I just took some Advil and laid down for a while and it would go away.  But kept coming back.  Finally last weekend I figured I would go in while it was hurting in order to try to figure out what was up.  But it is not like I am in pain all the time.  Maybe I just have little stones or something?  No idea.

And of course all of this only started once I started losing.  I wonder if my body is releasing toxins causing the stones or something.  Weird.

#107 of 116 Old 03-28-2011, 07:43 AM

So sorry to hear about the trip to Urgent Care and the tough month you have been having. Hears hoping things improve for you guys and you are feeling great soon!

I had 2 parties this weekend and had chosen a couple weeks ago to let myself do anything at the parties and not pay attention to weight loss. So, that was my weekend. Fun but fattening :)

The upside is, I got on the scale this morning and I have not gained above last week  -- so I am just at a stand still for this week. Fine. Back to eating well and working out. Not looking promising for making my goal this month (which was ambitious) but still wanting to get closer!

Stated 1/1/11: 256

2/1/11: 242

3/1/11: 236

last week: 230

this week: 230

next mini-goal: 225 (hoping for this by April 1!)

#108 of 116 Old 03-28-2011, 01:28 PM

Claybear, I think you have a typo.  Unless you really are trying to lose 105 pounds this week, in which case it is definitely too ambitious!! 

#109 of 116 Old 03-28-2011, 06:11 PM

I have another week with no weight loss...im 255 and bound and determined to be 250 by April 1.  I have been suckered into several dinners with the in-laws lately  - my DS#2 is their first grandchild and they cant go two weeks without fawning all over him.  For the most part they are OK and i know they adore DS..but MIL can be very judgmental - which usually puts me on edge and ready to binge....ive been decent, but, of course - if im cooking for all these people - i indulge in dessert.   This will be a tough week but i cant sit back anymore and say 'at least im not gaining'  the scale needs to MOVE!

Happy at Home Mama to DD 4/95 DS 4/98 and DS#2 8/10  femalesling.GIF        h20homebirth.gif       sewmachine.gif

http://www.etsy.com/shop/motherhendoula

#110 of 116 Old 03-29-2011, 03:28 PM

Ha! Yes! I made myself gain nearly 100 pounds in there! Not what I had in mind for sure.

I am hoping for 225 by April 1st -- not sure I will make it but working on it!

#111 of 116 Old 03-30-2011, 06:57 AM

Starting weight 175

Week 1 -- 174

Week 2 -- 173

Week 3 -- 175

Weigh in yesterday.  Started my period this morning, so I know that weight gain is a fluke.  Will see what is happening at next week's weigh in and make adjustments if I need to.  Still truckin along.  I have done 1 of my planned 3 walks this week and went to a Step class yesterday.  I raised the step higher and sweated buckets.  My thighs and bum are sore today.  I know it is rather old school, but I do love an hour of sweaty aerobics.  

#112 of 116 Old 04-01-2011, 02:16 AM

Hey! Where is everyone? Working out? Eating well?

Illness has hit my family again!   Agh!  We moved internationally in Januray, just in time for cold and flu season.  I swear we have NO immunity to any of the standard winter illnesses here.  We are so, so sick! 

Thankfully, I am avoiding it so far (this time), so I am eating well.  More protein, less carbs and it seems to really help control my appetite.  Eggs and salmon this morning for breakfast and I still feel good many hours later.  I used to be a toast and tea person and I think maybe this is what sets me up for the all-day-hunger issue.  Anyway, I am going with it.  Still sticking to ww points.  

I skipped my run yesterday in order to get to the gym for a hard session of weights.  My arms are so sore I can hardly lift them.  But I am determined to be able to do a decent push up some day.  I can do about 50 of them at an incline right now, so maybe in a couple of months I'll be able to do a real one.  Darn things are hard! 

Rainy, sick day today.  I am going to get out for a run tomorrow.  

#113 of 116 Old 04-01-2011, 04:51 AM

I weighed myself hesitantly today after not exercising and having food adversions/cravings for the last two weeks. I'm actually down 3 pounds to 190! That's 30 pounds lost since January and I'm 7 weeks pregnant. I'm going in for an ultrasound today to check viability as I had a loss last August. Wish me luck!!

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#114 of 116 Old 04-01-2011, 05:28 AM

Wishing you luck! Hope all is well.

It is April 1 and I am unfortunately not going to make my mini-goal, which sucks. But, I am still in this and working hard and not letting myself get discouraged when weight loss feels slower than I would like (cuz' really, I am nutty and would like to loss 1-2 pounds a day and be done losing weight in a month, which just is never going to happen so expectations, expectations, expectations)!

Stated 1/1/11: 256

2/1/11: 242

3/1/11: 236

4/1/11: 230

So, that 6 pounds a month for the last two months. In February I was not trying as hard and lost 6 pounds. In March I have felt much more stuck. I lost 4 pounds in the first 10 or so days and have now been stuck essentially at 230 for about 10 days. Ugh. Need to find a way to power past and get to 225 (my next mini goal)! I want to have some sort of reward for this goals but I am not sure what yet. Anyone else doing rewards?

#115 of 116 Old 04-01-2011, 06:49 PM

Hi LtLers,

I was stuck at my last number for 3 weeks, but recently dropped 4 lbs this week.  I did it by upping my cardio by a few (no more than 5) minutes a day and by REALLY paying attention to my portion control and snackies.  I realized that I had allowed my portions to creep up again, and was allowing a snackie here and a bite there.... it all added up.

I don't expect any big drop again next week, but maybe back down to 1-2 lbs. 

I think I'm going to start our April thread..........

~maddymama

#116 of 116 Old 04-02-2011, 12:14 PM

Spent the week at a friends house, ate conventional all white-processed-crap food and feel gross. IDK what I will weigh Mon since we ate pasta like at least once a day every day this week! EWW

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page