March Weight Watchers - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 03-07-2011, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I thought I'd start the March thread.

I'm doing ok, but I'm in a food rut.  What are you r fav snacks and sides?

obstruct livery vehicles

#2 of 26 Old 03-08-2011, 02:42 PM

Here are some things that I love as a snack:

smoothie with banana  and frozen fruit and soy milk

baby carrots, red peppers, cucumbers, pretzels, pitas dipped in hummus

banana or apple with 1T of peanut butter or almond butter

popcorn

greek yogurt with a sprinkle of cereal

small bowl of lentil soup

I've had a rough week.  I had a small procedure done and am unable to walk much, let alone exercise at all.  This has been tough mentally, and the scale also shows I am up a pound or two.  I'm worried how long I will take to recover, I know I need to let my body heal, but at the same time, I miss running.  Sitting or laying around all day is hard.  Hopefully this Friday I will get cleared to start 'moving' again.  

I have been doing so much better with the tracking though.  I really stopped for months, and it feels good to be tracking most days.  Not every single day, but most.  

mama tocoolshine.gif  andbikenew.gif3rdtri.gifdue in November

#3 of 26 Old 03-11-2011, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

I'm down 2lbs this week!  I might reach my mini goal of 155 by next Friday! 

mama_y_sol did you get cleared to start moving again?  We had the flu here a few weeks ago and I was out of exercising for 2 weeks between myself and the sick kids so I know you feel.  Cut yourself some slack about the pound or two though.  Hopefully you'll drop it pretty fast.

obstruct livery vehicles

#4 of 26 Old 03-11-2011, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Woohoo! Awesome job Honey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey693 View Post

I'm down 2lbs this week!  I might reach my mini goal of 155 by next Friday! 

mama_y_sol did you get cleared to start moving again?  We had the flu here a few weeks ago and I was out of exercising for 2 weeks between myself and the sick kids so I know you feel.  Cut yourself some slack about the pound or two though.  Hopefully you'll drop it pretty fast.

I was traveling this week and was a bad tracker.  I don't think I will post a loss on Sunday but I don't think I have gained either.

#5 of 26 Old 03-12-2011, 10:29 AM

hi everyone,

honey, i did not get clearance to get moving.  Instead I was told to wait another week.  Very disappointing.  Thank you for your support, though, it really helps.  And you are totally right about cutting myself some slack.  I need to let myself recover...or I have have to have the entire procedure done again.

#6 of 26 Old 03-23-2011, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

How do you guys deal with emotional eating?  DH has been working crazy hours lately, the kids miss him so they're nuts and I'm exhausted.  I've been going to the gym in the morning, but night rolls around and I end up eating half my fridge.

That being said I hit my first goal last week!  I overate by about 20 points, but I made it up in activity points.

obstruct livery vehicles

#7 of 26 Old 03-23-2011, 07:04 PM

Can anyone join this thread? I'm signing up for WW tomorrow about I see my doctor. I've tried low-carb, etc. but decided I finally need some official and structured help.

Emotional eating? Yes. I find I eat when I'm stressed or bored and being a new mother has given lots of opportunities for both. I end up grazing a lot. In the past, it helped to keep trigger foods out of the house (even things like nuts- i cant stop with just a handful.) If I can keep some "free" foods in the house and actually go to those when I'm hungry or have a craving, that helps. Also, drinking water, chewing gum. But even more: trying to talk to myself when I go to the fridge. Why am I emotionally eating? What's really going on?

My son is 5mos. I see being inactive as one of my biggest challenges. (Ok. And that I totally emotionally eat!!)

surf.gif West Coast Momma to Seb since 10/10, venturing into SAHMing, bfinfant.gif,slingboy.gif. I make good blueberry muffins ROTFLMAO.gif
#8 of 26 Old 03-23-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:

How do you guys deal with emotional eating?  DH has been working crazy hours lately, the kids miss him so they're nuts and I'm exhausted.  I've been going to the gym in the morning, but night rolls around and I end up eating half my fridge.

That being said I hit my first goal last week!  I overate by about 20 points, but I made it up in activity points.

Still struggle with this. I have started keeping lots of cut up veggies in the fridge so at least when I do it there's something free to grab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybabyquepaso View Post

Can anyone join this thread? I'm signing up for WW tomorrow about I see my doctor. I've tried low-carb, etc. but decided I finally need some official and structured help.

Emotional eating? Yes. I find I eat when I'm stressed or bored and being a new mother has given lots of opportunities for both. I end up grazing a lot. In the past, it helped to keep trigger foods out of the house (even things like nuts- i cant stop with just a handful.) If I can keep some "free" foods in the house and actually go to those when I'm hungry or have a craving, that helps. Also, drinking water, chewing gum. But even more: trying to talk to myself when I go to the fridge. Why am I emotionally eating? What's really going on?

My son is 5mos. I see being inactive as one of my biggest challenges. (Ok. And that I totally emotionally eat!!)

Of course! Welcome! Are you doing the online or meeting WW? I am 10 months post partum with my second and am definitely trying to break some bad habits. I have out here and on the postpartum weight loss thread. Lots of inspiration on both.

#9 of 26 Old 03-24-2011, 07:38 PM

I guess I joined both? I did it today- my goal was meetings and I accidentally first signed up for the pass and then changed my subscription to meetings (and I just need to make sure I'm not double-charged!) It's exciting and a little scary- what if I fail, you know? Gotta try something though. I found out I gained when I went to my doctor today!

surf.gif West Coast Momma to Seb since 10/10, venturing into SAHMing, bfinfant.gif,slingboy.gif. I make good blueberry muffins ROTFLMAO.gif
#10 of 26 Old 03-25-2011, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I guess I joined both? I did it today- my goal was meetings and I accidentally first signed up for the pass and then changed my subscription to meetings (and I just need to make sure I'm not double-charged!) It's exciting and a little scary- what if I fail, you know? Gotta try something though. I found out I gained when I went to my doctor today!

You can do it!  Just remember it's not going to come flying off (I have to constantly remind myself of this) and every little but counts!

obstruct livery vehicles

#11 of 26 Old 03-25-2011, 05:23 PM

Can I join??  I'm new to WW - started today actually!  I'm 240 and goal weight is 145.....  Looong way to go.  Itty bitty baby steps.  Once I hit goal we are planning on TTC!

hippie.gif Hi, I'm Amber

Ava {12.20.08}  Levi {8.19.10}  Aspen  {EDD 7.21.13}

#12 of 26 Old 03-26-2011, 10:00 PM

heybabyquepaso- I was so scared of failing when I started.  I was really skeptical too.  "what if it works for everyone else in the world, but doesn't work for me?"  I figured I would give it one week.  I stuck with it really well that first week, eager to see if anything happened.  I lost 4.6lbs that first week.  And that was just the beginning.  I am the type of person who worries a lot about failing.  So much, that I almost never started WW.  But I am so glad I did.  WW was the "only" thing that ever worked for me and I really believe in their program.  I think you've taken the first hardest step, which is realizing you want to make a change.  How are your first couple of days going?

#13 of 26 Old 03-28-2011, 11:50 AM

Thanks :) So far, it's been ok. I mean, I'm excited to see change and that's been kind of fun. Eating hasn't been that bad but I think it's in part because I have a lot of points to work with (I'm still EBF with LO). I think the hardest thing has been how hungry I still feel, which leads to cravings and wanting to snack and then trying to find something to eat that isn't going to be bad for me. Tomorrow is my first meeting- I chose the option with meetings so that I could get some in-person support and this particular meeting has a mommy and me option so I'm excited :)

#14 of 26 Old 03-28-2011, 11:51 AM

I think you can (if I can!). On Thursday, I was at 229 so I am right there with you!

#15 of 26 Old 03-28-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:

You can do it!  Just remember it's not going to come flying off (I have to constantly remind myself of this) and every little but counts!

ahah! well, because I'm still EBFing my LO I am going to try to be intentional about pacing myself!

#16 of 26 Old 03-28-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:

Thanks :) So far, it's been ok. I mean, I'm excited to see change and that's been kind of fun. Eating hasn't been that bad but I think it's in part because I have a lot of points to work with (I'm still EBF with LO). I think the hardest thing has been how hungry I still feel, which leads to cravings and wanting to snack and then trying to find something to eat that isn't going to be bad for me. Tomorrow is my first meeting- I chose the option with meetings so that I could get some in-person support and this particular meeting has a mommy and me option so I'm excited :)

I think the hunger gets easier. It was hard for me too when I first started. Remember vegetables and fruit are free. I always try to have cut up carrots, broccoli, etc in the fridge. I like creamy dressing so I have been making them using Greek yogurt as a base.  I have decided Greek yogurt is magic. Have fun at the meeting!

#17 of 26 Old 03-28-2011, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificbliss View Post
 I like creamy dressing so I have been making them using Greek yogurt as a base.  I have decided Greek yogurt is magic. Have fun at the meeting!

what do you add to it?

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#18 of 26 Old 03-29-2011, 10:15 AM

If I want a spicy dressing I add chipotle. Sometimes I add dill and a bit of garlic. If I want something more like ranch I will add salt, freshly ground pepper, parsley flakes, onion powder, dill. Sometimes I add lemon. You should play around with it. I add lemon to it and use it as a substitute for sour cream too. I thin it with water for salad dressing or use it thick as a dip. It has more protein than regular yogurt and a full cup of it is only 3 points.

#19 of 26 Old 03-29-2011, 02:13 PM

oooh that sounds good, Pacificbliss.  I have been doing a lot of hummus dipping, as well as Amy Goddess dressing (have to be careful with portions there) but the greek yogurt dip is making my mouth water right now!

#20 of 26 Old 03-30-2011, 07:50 AM

Thanks for the dip ideas.

I'm a lifetime member, but I quit going to meetings when we moved last summer, and my weight has been creeping up. I went to a meeting this week for the first time in AGES. I had to use my GPS system to get there. 

But I'm back on the wagon. thumb.gif

#21 of 26 Old 03-31-2011, 09:27 AM

Hi everyone, I joined WW about 3 weeks ago, and I am doing OK.   I lost 3.8 the first week but gained .4 the second.  I really think I didn't gain (I weigh at home too) but what I ate that day threw me off.  So, my question is this - does anyone here have their WI during the evening, and if so what do you eat during the day of WI?

I have WI tonight and again my home scale is showing a loss, but I guess we will see what WI's scale says. :/

I also love greek yogurt.  I mix it with dry ranch dressing and eat it with pepper strips!  I can't remember the exact point count, I think it's half a cup of dip for 2 points?  It's a nice big amount. :)

flowersforyou.gif

#22 of 26 Old 03-31-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Attila the Honey View Post

I really think I didn't gain (I weigh at home too) but what I ate that day threw me off.  So, my question is this - does anyone here have their WI during the evening, and if so what do you eat during the day of WI?

....I have WI tonight and again my home scale is showing a loss,

I've found that I have better success with Weight Watchers when I don't weigh at home. Here's why. If I eat something that I feel like I shouldn't and it doesn't immediately show up on my scale, then I feel like I got away with it and I eat more. If I eat really well and don't see a loss, then I feel like eating really well didn't pay off, and I eat more. Weighing every day was just a recipe for eating more *for me.* I ended up using it as feedback for how I was doing. I found that I stayed on plan better when I used my Tracker for day to day feedback of how I was doing, and just weighed once a week at Weight Watchers.

The kind of steady, long term weight lose we are aiming for isn't going to show up with a daily weigh in.

Plus, WW scales are more accurate and are checked regularly. It's easy to play games with my weight if I weigh myself at home, too. Making peace with just getting on the scale and accepting the number helped me get over my issues with scales in doctors office's, too.

I have a mid day weigh in. If I were weighing in the evening, I think I would aim to drink lots of water, eat lots of fruits and vegies, and avoid sodium on my weigh in day. I'm kinda goofy about eating the exact same breakfast every weigh in day, and I could see that extending to more meals if I weighed in later in the day!

#23 of 26 Old 03-31-2011, 04:31 PM

Thanks Linda!

I don't weigh in every day, just occasionally and I feel it works for me.  For starters, I've learned that my weight is a range, not a number!  Also, without weighing at home and seeing a definite loss that week I would have been thrown for a loop when I gained .4 at weigh in. (It didn't matter that the scales weren't identical, I saw a downward trend.)  But, because I had weighed at home and knew my weight was going down consistently I recognized it as a fluke and didn't get upset.  I knew I had stuck to my points, drank a lot of water and done everything "right", so I was fairly chill.  Without weighing at home and knowing how I am I probably would have decided WW didn't work for me and thrown in the towel.

Also, I haven't had a problem with eating as a result of my WI, but I can see how that might effect some people.  I've been fairly consistent with sticking with my points.  At this point I have 47 points, though, so it's not hard to stick to them for me.

Thanks for the recommendations for what to eat on WI day.  I will be sure to avoid the sodium, I think that's what I did wrong that one week - I ate a lot of pop chips with lunch.  lol

This week I lost 2.8!  I was really glad to see the WW scale finally catch up to my home scale. :)

flowersforyou.gif

#24 of 26 Old 04-01-2011, 11:16 AM

Good for you, Attila!  When I was losing, I liked to WI at home every so often too.  It just worked better for me.  I especially don't like surprises at a WI, so it was nice to go into it with a positive mindset and not be totally shocked that i just gained or lost a ton.  But thats me.  

I had a week once where I ate multiple pickles.  Just on a weird craving kick, I guess.  Overnight, the scale went up 5lbs!  Crazy what the sodium did!  I am careful not to overeat on WI day.  I WI just before dinner, but I make sure to have a normal sized lunch and not overdo anything.  

Regardless, I really refused to "play games" with the scale like some members did.   yes, we all have normal fluctuations, and true weight loss will show up eventually regardless of whether I am wearing pants or shorts, you know?  Some people would stop drinking water all afternoon before the WI, which I don't think is healthy.  I am in this for the long term, overall trend, not some day to day fluctuations.  

#25 of 26 Old 04-02-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_y_sol View Post
 I am in this for the long term, overall trend, not some day to day fluctuations.  

thumb.gif yeahthat.gifclap.gif

Are there enough emoticons to express how much I love this statement? Like I want to write it down and put it somewhere I can see it all the time? :)

#26 of 26 Old 04-02-2011, 01:52 PM

I love that statement too! I had to laugh out loud when I read about some members wearing shorts to wi.  I've seen it!

I am switching to a morning meeting tomorrow.  Mostly because I am tired of worrying about what I eat the day of weigh in, but also because Sunday morning is just more convenient than rushing to a meeting after dh gets out of work.  I will let you know how that goes!

flowersforyou.gif

Tags
Nutrition , Nutrition Good Eating , Fitness , Weight Management , Weight Loss

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page