Yoga book/dvd recs please? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-09-2011, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am looking for something that would be like a 30 day yoga challenge or something llike that with several yoga sequences. anyone know of anything like that? Ideally shorter sequences. It doesn't have to be beginner beginner but I haven't practiced for 2 years.

#2 of 2 Old 03-15-2011, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)

I'm not really a DVD person but I think one of the best books on yoga is "Yoga: The Spirit and Practice of Moving into Stillness" by Schiffman. It has several sequences (which are listed in the back). The section with details of the poses is excellent -- lots of variations and modifications to allow you to safely do the pose now, with options for deepening the pose as you continue to practice. You can really customize your sequence, and then exactly how you do the poses within the sequence. And you can practice for as long or as short as you want to each day.

Part of the reason that I don't care for DVDs is that you just do the exact same thing over and over with the exact same instructions, and never learn to turn inward. Some people love DVDs and there are some good ones out there (I've heard good things about the one's published by Yoga Journal) but any DVD is limited just because of the format.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page