Postpartum Weight Loss- March! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 64 Old 03-11-2011, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter
 
Amandamanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: here at the top of the world.
Posts: 2,219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Its a new year full of new beginnings! Welcome to the March thread! Lets all get an early start on our new years resolutions to be healthy, lets focus on getting healthier and losing weight! Time to work off those holiday temptations and stick with our goals!

We've gotten a lot of new ladies this month, lets all help keep each other accountable as we reach our goals! We love to see progress pictures, so don't be afraid to share, this is a no judgment zone!


This is our official accountability thread!
If you want to be added to the roll, let me know your info and I will get you listed. And of course, let me know any changes you want made to your listing by posting in bold. We want to share your success with you!
If you have any links to tips, recipes or exercise you want to share, I will post that too.


Current Hot Mama's-
Amandamanda- Current Weight- 135lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost- 85lbs!
AnnieMac- Current Weight- 110.5lbs, Goal Weight- 100lbs, Total Lost- 31lbs!
Kitteh- Current Weight- 127lbs, Goal Weight- 116lbs, Total Lost- 27lbs!
Mandica- Current Weight- 134.5lbs, Goal Weight- 134lbs, Total Lost-68lbs!
Pacificbliss- Current Weight- 178lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost- 16bs!
Carley- Current Weight- 130lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost- 26lbs!
Mamacatsbaby-Current Weight- 185lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost- 10lbs!
SpuglyRoo- Current Weight- 133lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 51lbs!
Tracymom1- Current Weight- 127lbs, Goal Weight- 115lbs, Total Lost- 23lbs!
Lovemore- Current Weight- 124lbs, Goal Weight- 115lbs, Total Lost-31lbs!
Decafmom-Current Weight- 122lbs, Goal Weight- 110lbs, Total Lost- 29.5lbs!
Loveneverfails-Current Weight- 162lbs, Goal Weight- 160lbs, Total Lost-10lbs!
Hannah32- Current Weight- 178lbs, Goal Weight- 150lbs, Total Lost- 27lbs!
Sosurreal09- Current Weight- 163.3lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost- 75lbs!
Fruitful4him- Current Weight- 182lbs, Goal Weight- 169lbs, Total Lost- 68lbs!
P.J.- Current Weight- 155lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 22lbs!
Sunsetdancer- Current Weight- 233lbs, Goal Weight- 153lbs, Total Lost-
JAntoinette- Current Weight- 145lbs, Goal Weight- 132lbs, Total Lost-
Theoldmommers- Current Weight- 129lbs, Goal Weight- 115lbs, Total Lost- 38lbs!
Ihugtrees- Current Weight- 165lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost-
Gobecgo- Current Weight- 211lbs, Goal Weight- 175lbs, Total Lost- 20lbs!
Geigerin- Current Weight- 208lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost-
Mammab21- Current Weight- 160lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost-
MamitaM- Current Weight- 121lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 39lbs!
Jess_paez- Current Weight- 181lbs, Goal Weight- 150lbs, Total Lost- 23lbs!
Maciascl- Current Weight- 168lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 5lbs!
Aphel- Current Weight- 165lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost- 5lbs!
RaeRae91-Current Weight- 145lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost- 28lbs!
OneWithTwo- Current Weight- 200lbs, Goal Weight- 150lbs, Total Lost-
Chloe'sMama- Current Weight- 148lbs, Goal Weight- 135lbs, Total Lost- 17lbs!
Amy@STL- Current Weight-184lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost-
CherryBomb- Current Weight- 238lbs, Goal Weight- 175lbs, Total Lost- 27lbs!
KittyWitty- Current Weight- 152lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 17lbs!
Laylasmomplus1- Current Weight- 252lbs, Goal Weight- 205lbs, Total Lost
Poorlittlefish- Current Weight- 163lbs, Goal Weight- 150lbs, Total Lost- 4lbs!
Chewynotcrunchy-  Current weight-170lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost- 35lbs!
Hollymommy- Current Weight- 131lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 17lbs!
Pittnurse08- Current Weight- 135.5lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 70lbs!
Upnorthmama- Current Weight- 223lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost-

Mauraa629- Current Weight- 154lbs, Goal Weight- 122lbs, Total Lost-

TrekkinGirl- Current Weight- 204lbs, Goal Weight- 170lbs, Total Lost-

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
Amandamanda is offline  
#2 of 64 Old 03-11-2011, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter
 
Amandamanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: here at the top of the world.
Posts: 2,219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, I've been thinking about this for awhile.. but.. does somebody want to take over the tread starting next month? Now that I have pretty much reached my "goal weight" (remember I wanted to be under 150 by his first birthday- and ultimately 135, which I am now) I have been feeling like I dont have that much to contribute. I will still be active on the thread and checking in regularly. I just think it is time. Ironically, I started the very first postpartum weight loss thread in April of 2010, so it is fitting that somebody new take it over, as it will be exactly a year later, and as I am also not really postpartum anymore. :)

 

Anyway, let me know what you think. :)

 

Hanging tight at 134-135. Frustrating that the last 5lbs arent budging, but still amazed at how far I've come.


"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
Amandamanda is offline  
#3 of 64 Old 03-11-2011, 10:13 AM
 
pacificbliss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 1,394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Amanda, you read my mind. I was going to send you a PM and ask if you wanted me to take it over. I just didn't want it to sound bad. I thought you might enjoy participating without all the responsibility. Also, I could use some threadmistress mojo. You will just have to tell me how to do it and I would be happy to pick it up for a while.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamanda View Post

So, I've been thinking about this for awhile.. but.. does somebody want to take over the tread starting next month? Now that I have pretty much reached my "goal weight" (remember I wanted to be under 150 by his first birthday- and ultimately 135, which I am now) I have been feeling like I dont have that much to contribute. I will still be active on the thread and checking in regularly. I just think it is time. Ironically, I started the very first postpartum weight loss thread in April of 2010, so it is fitting that somebody new take it over, as it will be exactly a year later, and as I am also not really postpartum anymore. :)

 

Anyway, let me know what you think. :)

 

Hanging tight at 134-135. Frustrating that the last 5lbs arent budging, but still amazed at how far I've come.



 

Amandamanda likes this.
pacificbliss is offline  
#4 of 64 Old 03-11-2011, 02:12 PM
 
nola79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: chocolate city
Posts: 1,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamanda View Post

 

 

Hanging tight at 134-135. Frustrating that the last 5lbs arent budging, but still amazed at how far I've come.


Amanda, I was having the same problem wth those last 5 lbs. I started incorporating whey protein shakes into my diet (as snacks) and it has made a huge difference. In the 8 weeks since I started, I've lost 4 lbs!

I still eat breakfast lunch and dinner but I have 1-2 protein shakes in between meals.
 

 

nola79 is offline  
#5 of 64 Old 03-11-2011, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter
 
Amandamanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: here at the top of the world.
Posts: 2,219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificbliss View Post

Amanda, you read my mind. I was going to send you a PM and ask if you wanted me to take it over. I just didn't want it to sound bad. I thought you might enjoy participating without all the responsibility. Also, I could use some threadmistress mojo. You will just have to tell me how to do it and I would be happy to pick it up for a while.
 



 


I'll do it for this month, and then next month just copy the first post (or add to it, change it- whatever you want!) and then start a new thread for the April thread. Thanks!! :) Its been a challenging year and I've enjoyed these threads so much, but its time to pass the torch. :)

 


"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
Amandamanda is offline  
#6 of 64 Old 03-12-2011, 05:49 PM
 
kitteh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 1,540
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey ladies, it's been a long time since I've posted here! Ela turned 1 at the beginning of last month--I can't believe how time flies. I'm *STILL* trying to get rid of the last stubborn pounds. I was hoping to be at 120 by now, but instead I'm [b]123.[/i] That's not bad, I suppose, only 3 lbs away from where I'd like to be right now. But still 7 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight.

 

I've gotten back into running again and I really love it. I bought a used jogging stroller off craigslist. Ela adores it, which is great. She frequently falls asleep while I'm running, and when she isn't sleeping she's still just happy as a clam. We did 3 miles last night, and 4 miles last Sunday. I missed a bunch of days this week because I was fired from my (crappy serving) job, so I had to switch gears a bit and figure out unemployment and budget stuff. We were SO CLOSE to being out of debt--we've got about 6 grand left (down from 18 grand one year ago)--and were hoping to have it gone by June or July. But now it's looking like it will take the rest of the year to pay it off.

 

Anyhow, I'm still trucking along, trying to lose the last 5-7lbs. Unemployment sucks, but it should be great for my workout schedule. I have so much more free time now! In January I read Jackie Warner's This Is Why You're Fat book, and I got some interesting stuff from that. Our diet has always been pretty clean, but I'm trying to remind myself to eat every 3 or 4 hours or so. In February my in-laws were here for the month and we ate out a lot, and I tend to "splurge" when I eat out--so now that they are back in Chile and we're on a tighter budget I think that should help with the weight loss.

 

K, baby is napping, I'm off to do a workout video!


Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

 

Expecting #2 in late June!

kitteh is offline  
#7 of 64 Old 03-12-2011, 06:54 PM
 
trekkingirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,627
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm so glad I found this thread! My third child Aubrey Rose was born on Jan 23. She is seven weeks old now. I gained 36lbs this pregnancy. I am really proud of that gain because my first pregnancy I gained 80lbs and my second pregnancy I gained 50lbs. So far I have lost 20lbs which leaves 16lbs to get to my prepregnancy weight. Unfortunately my prepregnancy weight was 188lbs! I used to be 5'6" but I have degeneration in my lower back so now I am 5'4". So yeah, waaay over weight! I would like to lose around 35lbs. Only problem is since my DD was born I feel starving all the time! Not sure what to do about that. She is a good nurser and I am guessing that's why I am always hungry. I need help!

 

 

My current weight is 204lbs

My goal weight is 170lbs

 


living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

trekkingirl is offline  
#8 of 64 Old 03-12-2011, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter
 
Amandamanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: here at the top of the world.
Posts: 2,219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post

I'm so glad I found this thread! My third child Aubrey Rose was born on Jan 23. She is seven weeks old now. I gained 36lbs this pregnancy. I am really proud of that gain because my first pregnancy I gained 80lbs and my second pregnancy I gained 50lbs. So far I have lost 20lbs which leaves 16lbs to get to my prepregnancy weight. Unfortunately my prepregnancy weight was 188lbs! I used to be 5'6" but I have degeneration in my lower back so now I am 5'4". So yeah, waaay over weight! I would like to lose around 35lbs. Only problem is since my DD was born I feel starving all the time! Not sure what to do about that. She is a good nurser and I am guessing that's why I am always hungry. I need help!

 

 

My current weight is 204lbs

My goal weight is 170lbs

 



First, a big welcome! Second, I can relate SO much to where you are. To give you a quick recap of my situation, I am also around 5'4" and ended my last pregnancy at 220lbs! My pre-pregnancy weight was somewhere around 170-180 (didn't have a first appointment/weight check till around 12 weeks so idk the true number)- So I gained about 40lbs too. I have never had success losing weight after pregnancy till I decided to do something and be serious about it! I am now at 134lbs if you can believe it, and my son just barely turned one! I am about 50lbs UNDER my pre-pregnancy weight! When I startedd the original thread in April of 2010 at 5 weeks postpartum I was 193lbs. I lost 60+ lbs just from eating healthy and exercising and basically just changing the way my mind worked. This thread was a huge help to me, and I hope you have as much luck here as I did. One big piece of advice. Don't treat this as a diet. If you are hungry- eat, Just remember there is a difference between a good calorie and a bad calorie. Drink your water! Keep hard boiled eggs to have as a snack, frozen grapes, strawberries and blueberries to much on or throw in the blender with skim milk and yogurt for a quick filling smoothie. Eat REAL food, don't fall for the diet food gimmicks. I did for too long and it didn't work. Check the labels- all the nutrition content is important as a whole, not just the amount of calories. Most importantly, don't deprive yourself! If you NEED to have a slice of pizza, eat it. If you don't, or you try to look for a subsitute, you might end up binging to try to satisfy the craving and eating wayyyy more calories than you would have with the one slice. Also, if you do "fall off the wagon" get right back on. One meal does not undo the whole day. I used to always say "Oh well, I messed up today- might as well pig out and start again tomorrow, or Monday, or the weekend, or next month, or next year. etc." Every choice you make counts. Don't deprive yourself, and don't feel bad if you let yourself indulge a little here and then. Remember- You really can have it all, you just can't have it all at once!

 

Congrats on your baby!

 

-Amanda


"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
Amandamanda is offline  
#9 of 64 Old 03-12-2011, 08:57 PM
 
pacificbliss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 1,394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congratulations on the baby! Just wanted to say that I am 5'4" and my pre-pregnancy weight was also 188. Now it is 178 so I am getting there slowly but surely. I also wanted to echo what Amanda said. I eat. Tonight i even ate cake (our anniversary) but on the whole I am trying to form better eating and exercise habits. I had one piece of cake tonight. I did not go back for seconds and tell myself, "oh well, you have already blown your diet". I am not on a diet. This thread has been a big help for me too. It's great to see women succeeding at this. We need to be healthy for ourselves and our babies.

 

Welcome to the group.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post

I'm so glad I found this thread! My third child Aubrey Rose was born on Jan 23. She is seven weeks old now. I gained 36lbs this pregnancy. I am really proud of that gain because my first pregnancy I gained 80lbs and my second pregnancy I gained 50lbs. So far I have lost 20lbs which leaves 16lbs to get to my prepregnancy weight. Unfortunately my prepregnancy weight was 188lbs! I used to be 5'6" but I have degeneration in my lower back so now I am 5'4". So yeah, waaay over weight! I would like to lose around 35lbs. Only problem is since my DD was born I feel starving all the time! Not sure what to do about that. She is a good nurser and I am guessing that's why I am always hungry. I need help!

 

 

My current weight is 204lbs

My goal weight is 170lbs

 



 

pacificbliss is offline  
#10 of 64 Old 03-13-2011, 10:04 AM
 
trekkingirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,627
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

wow guys, thanks for the support. I think I got my foot in the door just by holding myself accountable somewhere. Not even DH knows my weight. I really love cake! I am happy to hear that you can lose weight and still have a slice of cake every once in a while. Is there a weekly weigh in day?


living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

trekkingirl is offline  
#11 of 64 Old 03-13-2011, 12:59 PM
 
nola79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: chocolate city
Posts: 1,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamanda View Post





First, a big welcome! Second, I can relate SO much to where you are. To give you a quick recap of my situation, I am also around 5'4" and ended my last pregnancy at 220lbs! My pre-pregnancy weight was somewhere around 170-180 (didn't have a first appointment/weight check till around 12 weeks so idk the true number)- So I gained about 40lbs too. I have never had success losing weight after pregnancy till I decided to do something and be serious about it! I am now at 134lbs if you can believe it, and my son just barely turned one! I am about 50lbs UNDER my pre-pregnancy weight! When I startedd the original thread in April of 2010 at 5 weeks postpartum I was 193lbs. I lost 60+ lbs just from eating healthy and exercising and basically just changing the way my mind worked. This thread was a huge help to me, and I hope you have as much luck here as I did. One big piece of advice. Don't treat this as a diet. If you are hungry- eat, Just remember there is a difference between a good calorie and a bad calorie. Drink your water! Keep hard boiled eggs to have as a snack, frozen grapes, strawberries and blueberries to much on or throw in the blender with skim milk and yogurt for a quick filling smoothie. Eat REAL food, don't fall for the diet food gimmicks. I did for too long and it didn't work. Check the labels- all the nutrition content is important as a whole, not just the amount of calories. Most importantly, don't deprive yourself! If you NEED to have a slice of pizza, eat it. If you don't, or you try to look for a subsitute, you might end up binging to try to satisfy the craving and eating wayyyy more calories than you would have with the one slice. Also, if you do "fall off the wagon" get right back on. One meal does not undo the whole day. I used to always say "Oh well, I messed up today- might as well pig out and start again tomorrow, or Monday, or the weekend, or next month, or next year. etc." Every choice you make counts. Don't deprive yourself, and don't feel bad if you let yourself indulge a little here and then. Remember- You really can have it all, you just can't have it all at once!

 

Congrats on your baby!

 

-Amanda



 Amanda, well said! This is seriouly the some of the best advice I've seen on this board regardng weight loss.

Amandamanda likes this.
nola79 is offline  
#12 of 64 Old 03-13-2011, 03:09 PM
 
maciascl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Land of Confusion
Posts: 3,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Shows you how much I've been paying attention I didn't even realize the new thread was up...

 

I thought I'd dropped 2 pounds but they are back now. It is so weird I've always weighed myself 1st thing in the morning and kept fairly consistent but lately I've been bouncing around so much. Very frustrating!

 

Welcom trekkingirl! Amanda gave you some great advice, especially the idea that if you NEED to eat something you'll do better to allow yourself a little bit rather than to eat 10 other things  trying to fill that need.


Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

maciascl is offline  
#13 of 64 Old 03-13-2011, 10:17 PM
 
pacificbliss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 1,394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We don't all weigh on the same day. Some of us (me for example) weigh everyday. I am doing weight watchers and am only supposed to weigh once a week. My "official" day is Sunday.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post

wow guys, thanks for the support. I think I got my foot in the door just by holding myself accountable somewhere. Not even DH knows my weight. I really love cake! I am happy to hear that you can lose weight and still have a slice of cake every once in a while. Is there a weekly weigh in day?



At today's official weigh in I was exactly the same weight I was last week. Amanda please update to 178. I am actually ok with this. My back was sore and I didn't run. I was travelling to Salt Lake City and Colorado 4 days last week and ALL my meals were in restaurants. Given the week, I am happy with the maintenance.

 

Baby girl's birthday is May 21st and i really want to be 20 lbs below pre-pg weight by then. I have 10 lbs to go. Then I want to be 48 lbs below my pre-pg weight by the time we go to Hawaii in October. If I can get to that goal I will be well in to the healthy weight range for my height.

pacificbliss is offline  
#14 of 64 Old 03-14-2011, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter
 
Amandamanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: here at the top of the world.
Posts: 2,219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by nola79 View Post



 



 Amanda, well said! This is seriouly the some of the best advice I've seen on this board regardng weight loss.

 

It only took me a whole year to get there mentally. Its amazing to look back and see how lost I was when I first started. If I could spare others part of the "crazy" of the journey, I'd like to do it!
 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificbliss View Post

We don't all weigh on the same day. Some of us (me for example) weigh everyday. I am doing weight watchers and am only supposed to weigh once a week. My "official" day is Sunday.

 



At today's official weigh in I was exactly the same weight I was last week. Amanda please update to 178. I am actually ok with this. My back was sore and I didn't run. I was travelling to Salt Lake City and Colorado 4 days last week and ALL my meals were in restaurants. Given the week, I am happy with the maintenance.

 

Baby girl's birthday is May 21st and i really want to be 20 lbs below pre-pg weight by then. I have 10 lbs to go. Then I want to be 48 lbs below my pre-pg weight by the time we go to Hawaii in October. If I can get to that goal I will be well in to the healthy weight range for my height.

 

Awesome!! Congrats on the loss! Did you have fun on your trip? I lived near Salt Lake for a bit, and miss Utah/Idaho like crazy since we've moved east. =(
 

 


"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
Amandamanda is offline  
#15 of 64 Old 03-14-2011, 09:32 PM
 
trekkingirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,627
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

well I did really good staying on track today until I wound up making sugar cookies with the kids! I hope I have better willpower tomorrow. I hope the scale is good to me in the morning. I can't afford to gain any weight.


living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

trekkingirl is offline  
#16 of 64 Old 03-15-2011, 07:51 PM
 
maciascl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Land of Confusion
Posts: 3,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think I figured out why my weight has been jumping around so much...I needed to change that battery in my scale orngbiggrin.gif I got 166.5 this morning YAY!

 


Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

maciascl is offline  
#17 of 64 Old 03-16-2011, 06:36 AM
 
upnorthmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My plan for the rest of March:

 

FOOD:

Make a plan and plan ALL meals ahead-I meal plan night time meals but need to plan breakfast, lunch and snacks ahead as well. So that when I am hungry I can grab something healthy.

Track my calories-I have the sparkspeople app on my phone. Going to start using that to make sure that I am meeting calories.

 

FITNESS:

Walking-The weather still isn't great here and I am only 3 weeks PP so not to crazy for fitness yet. I am going to make an effort to have a 30 minute casual walk everyday.

Stretching-This doesn't really have anything to do with weight loss but a person need. I need to get my flexibility back. I'm not 30 yet and some days I feel like I live in the body of a 60 year old. Gentle daily stretching to address this.

 

GOAL: I hope to be down to 210-213 by the end of the month.

 

Weigh Ins:

3/17 217

3/23 214

3/30 208


Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif
 
upnorthmama is offline  
#18 of 64 Old 03-16-2011, 05:10 PM
 
trekkingirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,627
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

4 days in and still on the bandwagon. if I fall off, I'm just getting back on! I desperately want to be under 200lbs. I'll be 30 this year and I have been hovering around 180 since I was 15 years old. My skinniest was 160 but my goal is 170lbs. Right now I am just focusing on getting under 200lbs. Does anybody add anything to their water? I usually do one third juice to two thirds water. IDK? Maybe I should stop using cream in my coffee?


living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

trekkingirl is offline  
#19 of 64 Old 03-16-2011, 06:24 PM
 
upnorthmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Are you adding something for flavor? I like the EmergenC-I mix it in with my water. Adds flavor, vitamins, and electrolytes. You can buy it by the case for way cheaper then in single packs.  I don't know about calories though. I haven't ever thought to check. I will now.


Mama to one boy 12/98, one girl 5/08 and a new addition!!!! 2/23/11 Vincent Michael joy.gif
 
upnorthmama is offline  
#20 of 64 Old 03-16-2011, 08:29 PM
 
pacificbliss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 1,394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post

4 days in and still on the bandwagon. if I fall off, I'm just getting back on! I desperately want to be under 200lbs. I'll be 30 this year and I have been hovering around 180 since I was 15 years old. My skinniest was 160 but my goal is 170lbs. Right now I am just focusing on getting under 200lbs. Does anybody add anything to their water? I usually do one third juice to two thirds water. IDK? Maybe I should stop using cream in my coffee?


I sometimes squirt a little lemon juice in my water. I like the flavor of water plain though so I don't usually have to do much. I need to be drinking more though...

 

pacificbliss is offline  
#21 of 64 Old 03-16-2011, 08:44 PM
 
mamaofprincesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I want to join! DC4 will be eight weeks old this Saturday. I've been really lucky and have felt fantastic since giving birth. Some compensation for feeling like complete crap for the nine months I was pregnant. My other kids are 6, almost 4, and 15.5 months so. . .I'm busy. And DH has been working 60-65 hours a week. And I love to bake. And then eat when I'm bored at night.

 

Good thing I have a treadmill, eh?

 

I'm 181 lbs, and my goal is 150.

mamaofprincesses is offline  
#22 of 64 Old 03-17-2011, 10:44 AM
 
trekkingirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,627
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

mamaofprincess welcome! My DD2 was born on Jan 23rd. What's your baby's birthday?

 

upnorth the emergen c is a great idea!

 

I also do the lemon water occasionally. Maybe that's a better idea than juice.


living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

trekkingirl is offline  
#23 of 64 Old 03-17-2011, 12:09 PM
 
mamaofprincesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi trekkingirl, mine was born jan 22! Early in the morning, 2:30 am.

mamaofprincesses is offline  
#24 of 64 Old 03-17-2011, 12:26 PM
 
nola79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: chocolate city
Posts: 1,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have a lot of Jan babies here, mine was born Jan 29th. Of course, that was 2010, though, lol

Amandamanda likes this.
nola79 is offline  
#25 of 64 Old 03-17-2011, 09:40 PM
 
trekkingirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,627
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I noticed that I have a habit of finishing my kids dinner plates. I hate to throw away food but I guess I am throwing away my chances at a healthier body if I act as a garbage disposal!

 

I needed to confess!


living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

trekkingirl is offline  
#26 of 64 Old 03-17-2011, 09:51 PM
 
pacificbliss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 1,394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post

I noticed that I have a habit of finishing my kids dinner plates. I hate to throw away food but I guess I am throwing away my chances at a healthier body if I act as a garbage disposal!

 

I needed to confess!


I used to do this. Now I just head for the trash. At least I try...

 

pacificbliss is offline  
#27 of 64 Old 03-18-2011, 06:09 AM
 
SpuglyRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post

I noticed that I have a habit of finishing my kids dinner plates. I hate to throw away food but I guess I am throwing away my chances at a healthier body if I act as a garbage disposal!

 

I needed to confess!



Yeah, here too.  I've been getting better.  I also tend to finish things off rather than store the little bits that aren't enough for a complete meal tomorrow, or (gasp) throw it away.  I've been getting better and trying to stop when I'm done rather than stop when the food is gone. 


Hey, Babe  +  Me  =  Little Man 07-27-08  &  the Storm Sprite 07-11-10  computergeek2.gif    
SpuglyRoo is offline  
#28 of 64 Old 03-19-2011, 11:40 AM
 
nola79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: chocolate city
Posts: 1,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just wanted to update...127!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't even believe it. I had a horrendous stomach bug for over a week and ended up losing 4 lbs. Not the way I wanted to lose it, but it was my goal from the original thread to be in the 120s, lol.

nola79 is offline  
#29 of 64 Old 03-19-2011, 03:03 PM
 
trekkingirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,627
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

nola congratulations on hitting your goal.

 

6 days in for me and I haven't hit my first mini goal yet. 201 lbs today! That's 3lbs lost in six days! Not bad.


living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

trekkingirl is offline  
#30 of 64 Old 03-19-2011, 05:01 PM
 
nola79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: chocolate city
Posts: 1,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post

nola congratulations on hitting your goal.

 

6 days in for me and I haven't hit my first mini goal yet. 201 lbs today! That's 3lbs lost in six days! Not bad.



Thanks! 3lbs in 6 days is very impressive!

 

nola79 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off