Medifast While Breastfeeding - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-16-2011, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am currently nursing my almost-9month old.  Since we started her on solids at 6 months (which she is LOVING) I have been consistantly gaining weight.  I am now at 167 at 5'8 so technically overweight. 

I want to get back down to 153 or the weight I was forever, until I got pregnant the first time 2 years ago. I have tried counting calories, ediets, weight watchers etc.  Anything that has ANY leeway I end up cheating.  I need something structured.

I have been thinking about doing Medifast  and I want to know if anyone has had any luck doing this plan and if so, were they nursing?  THey seem to have a plan for nursing moms that adds in a few extra calories.

It is spendy and I am trying to decide if it is worth it.....

Thanks!

Edited:  Scrap this.  Hubby says it is too expensive.  I feel so desparate though.  Just looking for an answer I guess.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 03-16-2011, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

((hugs))  I have a hard time losing weight when nursing, too.  It's not so uncommon.  Presumably it'll be easier once you stop... when you're nursing, your body may be holding on to some extra fat the more you cut calories, because it thinks you might be starving, which would, of course, be disasterous for a nursling if that's it's only food (your body doesn't know if your baby eats solids or that formula is an option... your body still thinks it's a caveman).  Give it time. 

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

User Tag List