Wanna Join? 5lbs in April! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 03-30-2011, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I looked and did not see anything like this, so I started a new thread.

I was on this forum last year and we did 5lbs in ________, and I loved it for support and being accountable.

joy.gifI was hoping some other mamas were looking to lose 1-5lbs in April and wanted to join me.joy.gif

I figure all that want to join can post the following on Friday, April 1st:

Start weight:

Body fat %:

Goal weight to be at on last weigh in:

Exercise goals:

Eating goals:

Alrighty, hope someone joins me!

#2 of 32 Old 03-31-2011, 09:03 AM

This is exactly what I need. Thanks for starting this.

Starting weight: 148

Body fat %: no idea, but I'm about 5'5"

Goal weight: I would eventually like to get to 132ish

Exercise goals: Do something every day, running, biking, walking. Try to work in some yoga/strength training. I don't belong to a gym, so I just have to work with what I have. I have a pedometer and challenge myself to get as close to 10,000 steps as possible each day.

Eating goals: Giving up alcohol, keeping junk food to a bare minimum. Eating more fruits and vegetables.

I try to keep my goals modest to make them easier to stick to. I have literally never lost weight on purpose before, so it would be a huge accomplishment for me if I were able to actually do this.

#3 of 32 Old 03-31-2011, 07:19 PM

I'll join! I am looking to stay accountable and get in great shape by summer, which is not too far off living in the South.

Start weight: 128.8

Body fat %: 16.9

Goal weight to be at on last weigh in: I'm not so worried about weight but would like to get down to about 15% body fat. I'll be happy anywhere between 126-130.

Exercise goals: Work out 3-4 times a week for about an hour each time..

Eating goals: Do my best to eat clean.

#4 of 32 Old 04-01-2011, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, there use to be so much more people on this board!whistling.gif Well at least we have a group of 3!

Today is my birthday so I have been super busy and have not had a chance to turn on the Wii and weigh myself, LOL, but I will tomorrow or tonight. Officially I wil start tomorrow as we are going out to eat tonight and I have ate alot of sugar today. Here is the rest of my info though:

Start weight: **weighing in tonight or tomorrow, guessing 115

Body fat %: **will do in morning

Goal weight to be at on last weigh in: 5 pounds less than weigh in

Exercise goals: Treadmill 4-5 days a week and 3 days a week free weights

Eating goals: Basically eat half of the portions I am eating now and less carbs after noon.

#5 of 32 Old 04-01-2011, 02:04 PM

Happy Birthday, Lovenest!

#6 of 32 Old 04-02-2011, 05:58 AM

Happy birthday, Lovenest!

It's going to rain all day here, so probably no chance for running or bike riding. So today's the day to bust out a yoga or pilates DVD, I suppose. And now that I've said it, I'll have to make time to do it, right? And we have hardly any food in this house (lots of black beans and eggs, just nothing interesting), so over-eating should not be a problem.

#7 of 32 Old 04-03-2011, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, so Fri and Sat I did no formal exercise.. I was so busy and today we ran outside and played tag but I am going to go hop on the treadmill for at least 30 mins. I will post back when I am done. How is everyone else doing? I sure wish there were more involved as the threads use to move much more quickly and more motivation with more people! Anyways, hopefully we can form a good group between the few of us!

And thank you guys for the bday wishes!!!

#8 of 32 Old 04-03-2011, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Ok did 40 mins! Thank goodness that is over...LOL!

#9 of 32 Old 04-03-2011, 06:49 PM

The weather ended up clearing up for a while yesterday so we took a family bike ride, it was my first bike ride of the year. Today DS and I walked (well he rode in his stroller) to the grocery store, which is about 3 miles round trip and then we played outside a bit, so I got some good exercise in today, too. Eating is going alright, except that DH bought beer yesterday, so I had 1.5 of those last night. Tonight I'll probably have half of one while we watch a movie, too. Eh. They'll be gone by tomorrow so that's fine.

#10 of 32 Old 04-03-2011, 06:54 PM

Hey guys! I have done well with exercise, but eating has not been as great. It's cool, though, b/c I know it's that time of the month.... and I always seem to eat everything in sight the week before, ya know?
I plan to get back on track next week. I didn't do any formal exercise either today, but I was very busy so I'm sure that helps. Walked around the outlet mall today for about an hour, then went to my son's baseball game. Cleaned up tonight, so I guess even that counts, lol

Good luck this week ladies. smile.gif

#11 of 32 Old 04-05-2011, 07:32 AM

I did a good 30 minute run yesterday and haven't eaten too terribly. I think I need to do more strength training and possibly tweak my diet a little more if I want to see weight loss on a weekly basis. I think I retain a lot of water, so I am going to start watching my sodium intake more closely. Yesterday the weather here was beautiful, but today is a little cold and rainy. The rest of the week the weather should be really nice so I look forward to a few more runs and a bike ride at some point. Hope everyone is doing well :)

#12 of 32 Old 04-05-2011, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

You girls sounds like you are doing great!!

Last night I did my weights and today I will do at least 40 mins on the treadmill. I will do it. I will post back today when I am done. 

#13 of 32 Old 04-05-2011, 12:31 PM

I actually got up before 5 this morning to go to the gym. I had too much to do during the day to make my usual class, so I tried going earlier. It actually wasn't that bad. I liked getting it out of the way 1st thing in the morning. I am not by any means an early morning person, but I did  it!

#14 of 32 Old 04-05-2011, 12:49 PM

My scale's battery is dead, so I don't know what I weigh...  But my goal is to start running 3-4 times per week.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate!  I think I would like to lose 5-7 pounds (actually # might be much higher, depending on my current weight). 

My diet has been pretty darn good the last few weeks.  Not perfectly, but cut out lots of sugar and generally eating a lot less.  But like the pp, I have PMS in a bad way, so I am hungry all the time right now.  Hopefully it won't last too long, right??

My biggest issue is that I love to bake.  LOVE IT.  And when there are treats in the house, I eat them.  A lot of them...

#15 of 32 Old 04-06-2011, 05:50 AM

Welcome june'smom. I can't have any treats in the house at all. I will eat them without even realizing it.

I didn't do any formal exercise yesterday, but I walked DS to the library (about a mile round trip, with hills), which is better than nothing. I also did quite a bit of housecleaning, so I wasn't sedentary. It was cold and windy here yesterday, I'm glad I didn't try to run in it, I would have hated it. Today I'm definitely either going to run or take a bike ride when DH gets home from school.

Eating is going fairly well. We are truly running out of food in the house, which is good and good for cleaning out the pantry a bit.

Hope everyone has a good day!

#16 of 32 Old 04-06-2011, 12:45 PM

Fioner, I can't have treats in the house, either. If it's not here, I don't really miss it. However, dh and ds keep treats, so I try to at least buy them stuff I don't like, lol.

I didn't go to the gym today, but I did go on a walking field trip with ds's class.

I haven't weighed in awhile, I guess I'll get on the scale at the gym tommorrow and see how I'm doing. As long as I'm maintaining, it's cool. I am really trying to add muscle at this point. I can tell my body fat has gone down a little, my stomach is finally getting to where I want it. Yay! It has been tough since having my dd, that's for sure. She's 14 months and I'm finally there after some intense boot camp type classes and diet changes.

#17 of 32 Old 04-07-2011, 07:08 AM

I stepped on the scale last night (and this morning) and I seem to have lost about 1.5 lbs. Not much, but enough to encourage me to keep going, and push myself a little harder. My stomach feels smaller, too. It's a good feeling. I'm going to try and work more veggies into my diet in the next week.

#18 of 32 Old 04-07-2011, 07:10 AM

I know me, and I can't cut out all treats.  It just doesn't work for me.  I try to eat how I normally do, just a bit less and exercise a bunch more.  Serious dieting doesn't work - I just gain it all back. 

And I love to cook and bake.  It's a hobby for me.  I have to find my balance this time around, I guess...

#19 of 32 Old 04-07-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june'smom View Post

I know me, and I can't cut out all treats.  It just doesn't work for me.  I try to eat how I normally do, just a bit less and exercise a bunch more.  Serious dieting doesn't work - I just gain it all back. 

And I love to cook and bake.  It's a hobby for me.  I have to find my balance this time around, I guess...

Oh, I can't cut out all treats either. I keep a bar of good chocolate around, and sometimes I eat chocolate chips, too. I just try to keep the amount at a minimum. I have to be able to enjoy myself, too, because I want to build habits that are sustainable. I want to be happy and less fat. I know I won't be happy depriving myself of everything yummy.

#20 of 32 Old 04-07-2011, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

I did not exercise Tue or Wed... I just got too busy and with waking up for my morning job at 4:30am I am so tired by the end of the day.

I have been doing good on eating though, which is good! 

Today I will be doing weights (I never miss that as my husband and I do them together) and I am going to try to squeeze in 20-30mins on the treadmill while the lil' girl I watch naps this afternoon, not sure if I will be able to though. We shall see.

You girls sound like you are doing so good, motivates me to do better! Thank you!

#21 of 32 Old 04-07-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fioner View Post

Oh, I can't cut out all treats either. I keep a bar of good chocolate around, and sometimes I eat chocolate chips, too. I just try to keep the amount at a minimum. I have to be able to enjoy myself, too, because I want to build habits that are sustainable. I want to be happy and less fat. I know I won't be happy depriving myself of everything yummy.

So true.

#22 of 32 Old 04-07-2011, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

I did my weights, did not get to do treadmill.. although did walk around IKEA for a good amount of time....LOL!

How did everyone else do today?

#23 of 32 Old 04-08-2011, 04:56 AM

I did a 30 minute run with lots of hills (and a little bit of walking) yesterday. I'm just not getting any strength training in. I need to start working a specific time into my day for something other than cardio. Feeling discouraged right now despite my (very) small weight loss, still feeling "big", I have to try to just keep working and eventually, little by little, I'll get there.

#24 of 32 Old 04-08-2011, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

So I finally got to weigh in... I can not believe I gained like 10lbs in like less than 10 months. Anyways, I got to stay positive. Ugh.

Start weight: 114.9

Body fat %: Unsure, will do tomorrow morning

Goal weight to be at on last weigh in: 113

Exercise goals: Weights 3 days a week and aerobic 3-4 days a week

Eating goals: Just eat less of everything I do eat

#25 of 32 Old 04-09-2011, 03:58 PM

I've been eating like crap lately. I really need to get back on the ball! Anyone else?

#26 of 32 Old 04-09-2011, 04:43 PM

I had a "day off" yesterday. I ate things like sausage and tortilla chips and drank wine. Also didn't exercise because it poured rain literally all day.I'm mostly back on track today. Except for the beer I just drank. I did go running today, at least. Trying not to get discouraged by slow progress.

#27 of 32 Old 04-10-2011, 04:58 PM

Hi everyone wave.gif. I had a very busy day today. Didn't to to the gym, but went to a local festival and did a lot of walking. Actually, my whole weekend was busy. Deep cleaned a few rooms in the house, and boy did I break a sweat. I feel good because even though I haven't been to the gym since Thursday, I've at least been active. I'll get back on track with the gym and my eating tommorrow, so that's good. Hope you all had a great weekend and good luck in the week ahead!

#28 of 32 Old 04-11-2011, 06:24 AM

I ate somewhat horribly this weekend (though not nearly as bad as I usually would have). I did go for a run on Saturday, didn't do anything "real" yesterday, but walked DS over to the nearby school a couple times to play with his friends, so that was a little something. This is a new week, starting fresh and trying not to put too much pressure on myself. Hoping everyone had a good weekend and wishing you a successful week.

#29 of 32 Old 04-14-2011, 06:35 PM

So, what is everyone up to? Just wanted to bump up our thread. I ate a tad bit better than I have been today, but I skipped the gym. Oh, well. I cleaned instead so at least I moved around a little, lol.

#30 of 32 Old 04-14-2011, 07:28 PM

I was doing SO WELL!  I ran on Monday night and ate really well...Then I fell down the stairs and got a concussion : ( 

So - I am laid up for a while.  My chiro said I need to take some serious time off from anything strenuous.  Major bummer.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page