Anyone done the Insanity videos? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-31-2011, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What did you like abou them?  What didn't you like about them?  Would it be a good way to cross train while running?

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#2 of 6 Old 03-31-2011, 09:18 PM

Today is the end of my first week doing the program.  I have lost 3lbs and gone down a pants size. Crazy!  I am also a runner but have committed to the 60 day program outlined without extra running. Honestly, I doubt I would even be able to.  The workouts are short (40 minutes or so for the 1st month) and  intense but doable. Your heart rate is kept at 85-90% for long intervals ( a couple of minutes) and then you rest for 30 seconds to bring the heart rate down.  I am able to push through and keep up with the people on the video and can do more than 5 push-ups at a time now! 

I am interested to see how my 10k time is for a race I run on Summer Solstice...I feel like I will have much more stamina and speed.

The set also comes with a meal plan...I don't really follow it as I am veg, but I do try to eat the 5 small meals a day (300-400 cals) as recommended.

#3 of 6 Old 04-01-2011, 05:46 AM

I've been doing Insanity since August of 2009, and I'm still loving it!! I can't think of anything I don't like about it.

I started off doing a full round (following the schedule), but adding in 2 days a week of running to keep up my running shape. It took me a little over 70 days to finish the round that way, but I really needed to keep running.

Ever since then, I pick-and-choose which video I'm in the mood for as a cross-training tool for my running. I think it's great and has definitely made me a stronger runner. My core is the best it's ever been, and I honestly don't ever do the actual abs dvds that came with the program. The other videos alone work the abs sufficiently.

I'm always recommending Insanity to other runners. It's such a good way to strengthen your whole body. And I love to do either of the Recovery dvds the day after a long run.

I love that you can do these DVDs anywhere, too. (I even did them in the campground bathroom over the winter a few times!)

The workout is no joke. Even if you're fit, you will find them pretty challenging. I still can't do all the push-ups!

There's a new set coming out soon called Insanity- The Asylum. It's supposed to be even harder!! I can't wait to try that out, too.

Good luck with it! I think you'll find it worth the money and good for those days when you need a day off from running.

Leslie, mom to John :, 02/25/06
::::
#4 of 6 Old 04-01-2011, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Sounds like it's definitely something I need to look in to getting!   Everything both of you have said is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for!  Thanks.  Anyone else use the program?

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#5 of 6 Old 05-02-2011, 09:05 PM

I am just into my second month of Insanity and I LOVE it!  I lost 2 inches off my waist within the first 3 weeks.  All of my smaller pants are fitting again as well!  I actually already ordered Insanity Asylum and plan to start that when I am done. 

I feel like an addict!  It all started with p90x in December and i was hooked!

I also have been following the diet.  I am mostly a vegan, but just eat 5 smaller 3-400 calories per day and it is working!

#6 of 6 Old 05-03-2011, 08:46 AM

I did the whole thing last year after first doing a month of 30 day shred.  I was much tighter but didn't lose anything, I'm not sure why because I do have lots to lose!  It was a fantastic program, I loved doing it!  I would not have been able to do it and run at the same time though, I think unless you modify it with specific days just for running and stretch out the length of the program it is better just to do it on its own.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page