Lotss to Lose- April - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 04-14-2011, 09:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

SoSurreal: beans are a great way to eat both healthy and cheap! I love lentils, 15 bean soup, and red beans and rice. If you add some sort of sausage to them, boil it first and it will take a lot of the grease out. I am married to a cajun and his red beans will never be w/o sausage:)! I usually take one or two slices and cut them up into small pieces so I feel like I'm getting a little with each bite and the kids are happy to be left with the rest!

Katie

#32 of 40 Old 04-15-2011, 06:24 AM

SoSurreal:  I know how hard that is.  I second the recommendation for beans, and we still eat pasta but watch portions (and that si very difficult to do).

I have a good and bad update.  The good news is that the plan to walk 30 min a day is going great.  I actually walked 22 minutes all at once yesterday, a week ago I didn't think I could do more than 8 min at a time!  I discovered the benefits of a good stretch before working out, and found out that I can walk longer with my ipod than I can while watching tv.  Also, I've been sticking to my points pretty well so overall it's been a nice, successful stretch of a few days.  yesterday I was very emotional over some family stuff and I didn't binge, instead I journaled and hopped on the treadmill.  I am amazed I was able to get through that without inhaling the kitchen.

The bad news is the scale is up.  I have no idea why!  I drink a gallon of water a day, work out, eat healthy, it's not my time of the month...  I am really frustrated with this.  My WW weigh in is on Sunday and I really do not want to have a gain but I feel like I've done everything in my power to lose and the scale is just not cooperating.  :(

I guess this will be the week to concentrate on Non Scale Victories.  :/

(Edited to add:  I forgot to mention that I measured myself and I've lost 13 inches, including 2.5 inches from my waist!  that is super exciting, I had to keep measuring to be sure I was reading it right.)

flowersforyou.gif

#33 of 40 Old 04-15-2011, 07:42 AM

Attila- When I increase my workouts, I tend to hold onto or even gain what I assume is water weight for a week or so. Sometimes lasting 2 weeks. Focus on the way you feel and the inches you're losing this week and the numbers on the scale will come eventually(I know, easier said than done). You are doing great...I can't believe how much you have increased your walking in such a short period of time! Even if it's slower than you would like, you are moving in the right direction:)

Katie

#34 of 40 Old 04-15-2011, 12:58 PM

Atilla- I am thinking a gallon of water is too much.

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#35 of 40 Old 04-17-2011, 10:09 AM

Craziest week ever. I had to work 3 times as much as usual and got no sleep this week. Only 2 work outs all week and one day I ended up eating really badly because I had no food left with me and was looking at 10 more hours of being at work. And then, I got my period this morning. Ugh. Got on the scale today and I am still 226, no change from last week. Glad to have not gained I guess. Hoping next week will be a better one!

#36 of 40 Old 04-22-2011, 10:08 PM

oh I am such a slacker-  I thought joining this group would help me stay motivated and provide some accountability.  I have busy the last couple weeks getting ready for a friend's wedding and preparing for Easter.  I haven't stepped on a scale since my first weigh-in of the month  I was encouraged that the dress I wore in my friend's wedding was actually too big!  It was supposed to be a strapless dress but we had to sew the straps on the dress in order to keep me in it!  joy.gif The dress fit perfectly when I bought it last Sept so it is encouraging to know that I am making progress!  I will weigh myself in next Wednesday to see how the numbers look.

Mom to cat.gif and looking forward to breastfeeding and nurturing future kids!  luxlove.gif
#37 of 40 Old 04-28-2011, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Honey View Post

Hi LtLers! I have a mega lot to lose, about 170lbs.  I am trying to start walking and really, really struggling.  I think 12 minutes at a time is my limit, then I feel actual pain in my lower back and feet.  Actually, the pain starts around 8 minutes, by 12 it's unbearable.  I am walking on the treadmill, 1.5 mph and no incline.  (and I am embarrassed to admit that)

Anyone been there?  Have any words of advice or anything?  I really feel like giving up, it hurts so badly.  I am tempted to try to lose a chunk of weight first and then start exercising.  :/

Hi Attila! I'm in the same place you are - i've got 200lbs to lose myself. I confessed my true weight here, something I'd never dare to do even to my IRL BFF. Don't be embarassed because you are among friends.

Walking is horrible for me too. I get about 10 minutes in and my feet, my bad knee, and my lower back all start aching. The worst is when I stop - the pain and stiffness when I move again is almost unbearable. I've found that if I take a lot of fish oil and tumeric (careful, it's a blood thinner too) each day, my joints feel better, but not enough to counter the pain fully. I don't really have any advice, just wanted to let you know that you have a buddy who knows what you're going through...PM me if you want to talk privately.

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

#38 of 40 Old 04-28-2011, 12:28 AM

So I'm right back to where I started - 385lbs.

I know that the last few weeks have been super busy and stressful for me and I've been binge eating every speck of sugar and fat in the house. DH has decided to perfect his cinnamon roll recipe, making 48 rolls at a time. It is SOOOOOO hard to restrain myself from eating all of them!

So back on the wagon I go. Giddyup, cause this fat butt has got to go!!! 

Starting weight: 385lbs.

Current weight: 385lbs.

1st Goal Weight: 380lbs.

Final Goal Weight: 175lbs.

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

#39 of 40 Old 04-28-2011, 03:35 AM

Alright, it seems that I belong on this thread, lol.  I've been THINKING about losing weight for over a year, and that strategy has caused a gain of 20lbs or so.  Time to be a bit more active about it, no? 

My issues - time, mostly.  I have three tiny kids - a nearly 3-yo and 5 mo twins, and my DP works a lot, so I don't really get time without them to work out.  I'd been getting up to do yoga first thing in the morning, but then the 3yo started waking up and wanting me to lay with her (or just getting up for the day)  way too early, so that has fallen by the wayside...  A gym is not an option for financial and logistical reasons.  But I like working out, so at home usually works for me.

My plan - right now I'd like to get back into the daily (or most-days) yoga routine, eat sensibly, and walk with the kids every day.  I just bought a triple stroller so I can push all three kids on walks.  It weighs 60lbs (and my kids weigh 65 together) so it seriously intensifies a walking workout.  Plus this is a hilly town.  Yesterday I made a new friend and we walked 4 miles (2 hours!)  That's not feasible every day, but 30 mins/1.5 miles should be doable most days. 

My stats -

current weight 223lbs

long-term goal 150lbs

short-term goal 175lbs

mini-goal 210lbs by May 30

ribbonrainbow.gif: mamas to one DD (5/08) and two DS's (11/9/10 @ 35wks)
blogging.jpgnocirc.gifdelayedvax.gifgd.gif1pump.giftoddler.giffamilybed2.gifcd.gif
#40 of 40 Old 04-30-2011, 05:51 AM

To those with joint pain. What worked for me was drinking a liter of water with juice from half a lemon and a tbs of MSM daily. MSM has lots of wonderful properties and it's completely non-toxic. I discovered it jucefeasting last year and it's one of the few habits I kept up until I became pregnant again, but I'm betting it would be ok even now.

2 weeks and another 2 pounds lost. I'm gearing up for the 2nd and 3rd trimesters as I'm 11 weeks today. I'm hoping to get back into walking and some slow jogging. Lately I've just been too TIRED.

Jan: 220 pounds
Current: 186 pounds
Current goal: Gain less than 15 pounds this pregnancy
Ultimate Goal: 130 pounds after baby, losing 2-3 pounds a week

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page