Lotss to Lose- April - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 04-01-2011, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi LtLers,

Here we are in April!  I hope we have a great month full of lots of weight loss.....

I was sooo proud of myself today.  Last night DD1 woke up with a stomach bug, and was up for a few hours in the middle of the night.  Once she was back asleep, DD2 was up and fussy for no discernible reason.  DD1 was home from school sick today, I was grumpy and exhausted..... and I still was able to get in a workout today.... Yippee!  I did Level 3 of the 30 Day Shred..... and I survived most of it.

~maddymama

#2 of 40 Old 04-01-2011, 08:10 PM

Hello!

I am feeling a bit lost right now. Not sure what to do having been in the same place for several weeks. The weight loss slowing down is weaking my resolve and I find myself "cheating", which is obviously not helping anything! Ugh. I am done 26 pounds and I want to maintain this and keep taking the pounds off.

So, I am considering going Eat to Live for 6 weeks. I loved it when I did it 3 years ago (for about 4 weeks) and lost about 19 pounds doing it. Felt great. It is not something I can maintain for ever but it is something I can do for a period and coupled with working out it really has worked. Has anyone else here done it?

M

#3 of 40 Old 04-02-2011, 07:49 AM

Hey Everyone!  I'm going to give this another try.  Last month I managed a whopping 1 pound.  ugh!  But this month I'm going to shoot for 10 pounds.  The challenge this month will be my friend's wedding right smack in the middle of the month.  I'm in the wedding so I tried on the dress that I bought this past September.  It fit perfectly when I bought it but now it's loose! woo hoo!  

I'm making excuses but I can't afford to go down a whole lot at the beginning of the month.  My budget is tight b/c I'm traveling for the wedding and can't afford to pay someone to do quick alterations on this dress.  But I do want April to be better than March.

Starting weight- 212

Goal weight- 130

Current weight- 201

Aprils Goals- -10 pounds, 90-120 mins of Cardio per week, limit sweet tea intact to 3 8oz servings a week

Mom to cat.gif and looking forward to breastfeeding and nurturing future kids!  luxlove.gif
#4 of 40 Old 04-02-2011, 10:26 AM

So my loss for last month was 6.7 pounds. Not a lot, but it was more than nothing. Next month will be better

My problem this mnth seems to be that I'm sneaking sweets. I feel like I'm getting away with something when I do it. Problem is, I'm not really "getting away" with anything. In fact, I'm harming myself even more than if I overate in full view of my family. How do I stop this childish, stupid behavior? Any ideas out there?

Starting weight: 385 pounds

Current weight: 379 pounds

Goal for April: 15 pounds

I think I can do this!

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

#5 of 40 Old 04-02-2011, 05:30 PM

I know what you mean Triana... i have a 'Ill show you!"  eating pattern..where when people in my family aggravate me - i eat.  (That'll show 'em!)   for me nothing has helped long term...but the short term has been like...."OK its been 4 weeks since ive had eating binge..i dont want to give in now....."   "Ok its been 10 weeks since ive given in to the silly temptations and overeaten - i dont want to gve in now..."   and so on and so on....  I also eat a ton more when im home alone...also feeling like im 'getting away with something"  because no one is there to see me.  

ive been lucky because i am now a stay-at-home mom.  which is something i really wanted to do and we werent sure during the pregnancy if we were going to be able to pull it off or not... well LO is 7 mo old and im still at home!  so im very content about that and i think its filtering into my eating habits.  I have really only had one out and out binge since starting this in January.  I didnt make my mini goal of 250 by April 1 ...but i think i will make it by Monday ..so i am thrilled with that.   that will make 30 lbs in 3 months.  It has really helped to JUST focus on the mini goal of 10 lbs a month!

Happy at Home Mama to DD 4/95 DS 4/98 and DS#2 8/10  femalesling.GIF        h20homebirth.gif       sewmachine.gif

http://www.etsy.com/shop/motherhendoula

#6 of 40 Old 04-03-2011, 05:35 AM

I had lost almost 60 pounds after my DD was born using a shake, protein bar, shake, protein bar, meal, with fruits and veggies as snacks type of diet. It worked wonderfully even when I did sneak the occasional treat. I really want to do it again, but I'm finding that I have no willpower to do it. I wake up each morning with the intention of starting it, but then Dh starts making breakfast - usually something yummy like blueberry pancakes or homemade danish...and my resolve crumbles. I know that blaming Dh for making such good food is placing blame on him for my weakness, but it doesn't help matters either.

I think I'm going to use this place as my accountability towards following the shake diet. Do you all mind?

I'm off to go have a cup of coffee and my first shake of the day...Thank you guys for being here!

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

#7 of 40 Old 04-03-2011, 07:00 AM

I find I don't have the willpower to put myself on a Strict diet. I do much better when I can still eat my favorite foods but use portion control. I admire you ladies who have that kind of willpower. 

Things good for me in March:

I kicked the soda habit. I havent had soda in a month and I dont miss it! 

Exercise. I have been working out at least 90 minutes 6 days a week and am on track for the C25k

Lost 11.5  pounds

Things not so good.

I dont drink as much water as I should. I'm trying but I really just don't like water

I'm eating healthier but not as healthy as I would have hoped to.  We are still dining out way too much.

I didn't hit my mini goal weight of 219 by the end of the month. 

Starting weight: 232 (March 10th)

Last week: 222

This week: 220.5

Goal Weight: 145 (by the end of the year ))))

Mini Goal Weight by April 30th: 209

#8 of 40 Old 04-03-2011, 10:18 PM

We finished our weight loss challenge at work.  I lost 30 lbs in 12 weeks, but now I've gained 4 back eyesroll.gif    I definitely fell off the wagon a little bit.  We are going to continue to weigh in and post our losses on the office wall at work, so I will still have to be accountable.  I'm not a "moderation" person--it seems that if I have a little, I will eat a lot. 

Tired mama to my wild childenergy.gif ribbluyel.gif

#9 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 12:44 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Okay, here's to getting April started.  Of course, I say that on the 4th of April...I tend to run a little late.  

I did okay in March -- kicked up my exercise, lost 2 pounds and my clothes are fitting better.  Slowly moving things back to center.    

April goals:

WW 5 days a week

Exercise 3-4 days a week, at least one session should be weight training

Stop the after dinner snacking.  I eat a nice dinner, well portioned and healthy and then I overdo it with rich yogurt and jam after the kids go to bed.  I am such a nut!   I should just go to bed.  

Pay attention to my appetite!   I find that I eat when sometimes I am just thirsty, or bored, or mopey from all the grey, rain.  It has been raining endlessly and I am so bluesy right now.  I hate that I eat when I am emotional.  

Challenges:

My in laws are coming for a visit in a month and I get really wound up when they visit.  They are the only people who actively comment on my weight and it really, really gets under my skin.   To make matters worse, I get defeatist when I know they are coming.  Just knowing that they are going to be scrutinizing me makes me feel crappy and I overeat when I am feeling crappy. 

So, April is all about doing the right thing for myself.  Exercise away the emotional blues, eat only when I am hungry, and do the right thing for myself.  Crap, that sounds very self-helpy, but I guess that is where I am right now.   Weightloss is such an emotional ride.     irked.gif

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#10 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 09:21 AM

starting weight- 238 (9/09)
current weight- 190.1
goal weight- 130 (10/11)

Lost like a pound which was great b/c I was at a friends all week eating crap

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#11 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 09:35 AM

Hello all! I haven't been posting much but am still hanging in there:) I have lost just over 20 pounds since the middle of Jan. I am glad to be fitting back into my clothes and moving around easier but a little disappointed at how I look. Right now, I am at what was my heaviest for a long time so I feel like if I've lost 20 pounds, I should be smaller than this. I suppose I'm in denial about how I looked! But the good news is, I am on my way! I hope to lose another 10 pounds this month. I am going to visit my family the end of July and I really hope to be down 25-30 more by then. I guess I better get my butt up and work out:)!

Katie

sw: 246

cw: 225

gw: 170

#12 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 12:05 PM

Hi everyone, My name is Nancy and this is the first time I've posted on this thread.

Starting weight: 209 on 3/1/11

Current weight: 196

Goal weigh: 125

So far I've lost about 13 lbs. I'm counting calories, trying to stick to about 1500 calories or less a day. I'm still eating what I usually eat just watching my portions and not drinking any soda or juice. I'm happy about the weight I've lost but kind of bummed that nobody has really noticed. I guess it will take a while for it to really start showing on my body. I'm aiming for a 8-10 lb weight loss a month. A book that has really helped me is Dr. Shapiro's Picture Perfect Weight Loss.

I've gotten kind of lazy about exercising lately and I'm trying to get re-motivated. I'm at least trying to get out and walk every day.

#13 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 12:19 PM

Triana - well its a LOT easier to stay on a healthy eating plan when you are the only one in your home shopping and cooking!   I dont have a DH making homemade Danish when i get up ...and if i did...well, i think this weight loss would be on hold!  I think your up against MORE of a challenge when you have yummy things in your face all day!  I think i am doing as well as i am because recently my 15 yr old daughter was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease and she is sticking to a diet that is pretty punitive (no dairy, no gluten, no potatoes, no corn)  so i started to also give up things like flour, sugar, and dairy to help her adjust.  

beautyforashes - im with you...i just cant do 'in moderation'  i guess thats why i like simple rules like "no flour, no sugar"  its just easier than ....ohh, just a little taste....which turns into an entire pizza followed by doughnuts.  

Ruthiegirl - i really feel for you ...i know judgement and criticism - whether intentional or implied - always has an impact on my eating....  i wish i could say something more helpful!   uh, good luck and it will be over with soon!  were all here for you!  

Happy at Home Mama to DD 4/95 DS 4/98 and DS#2 8/10  femalesling.GIF        h20homebirth.gif       sewmachine.gif

#14 of 40 Old 04-05-2011, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherhendoula View Post

Ruthiegirl - i really feel for you ...i know judgement and criticism - whether intentional or implied - always has an impact on my eating....  i wish i could say something more helpful!   uh, good luck and it will be over with soon!  were all here for you!  

Thanks.  It feels like it shouldn't bother me.   I have lived a good life, I am super proud of where I am and the work I have done.  So, it really shouldn't be a big deal.  And yet, it is.  

I went to a Step class today and instead of paying to park, I walked the 2 miles there and back.   So, an hour of walking, an hour of class.   I am tired and will sleep well tonight.  No weight loss this week and I really need to rethink the WW.  The new program is just not working for me.  I think I really need to start counting fruit again.  I simply overeat fruit.  Any time I feel hunger, I grab apples and bananas and mangoes and oranges.  It is too much.  So, I will do the WW, but eat fruit only as a point worthy food.  I'll give it a week and see where I am next Tuesday.  

#15 of 40 Old 04-07-2011, 10:34 AM

Just realized I never actually posted my Monday weigh-in. I got on the scale and was grouchy that I was only down 1 pound so I never came I guess. Opps.

Starting weight:   256

Current Weight:   229

Next mini-goal:    225

Goal weight:        175

Total Lost:  -27 pounds

Still to Go:  54 pounds

#16 of 40 Old 04-07-2011, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Wow!  It sounds like there are so many victories out there this week.

I'm going to add my 1 lbs loss this week to the victories.  I'm one lb away from a mini-goal.... I think when I hit it I will buy myself a new workout DVD as a treat.  Which one?  I love Jillian Michaels, and have the 30DS, and Ripped in 30 is on it's way to me.  What about other workout people?

I also finished the Couch to 5K this week!  I am so proud of myself!  I can run 3 miles without stopping- in January that would have killed me. :-)  AND I figured out a great 4 mile trail in my neighborhood to work up to.

Re the in-laws.... I get what you mean, but it's my own parents that do that to me.  I have no words other than keep up the exercising while they visit.... and do your best to eat healthy- but if you mess up a bit don't beat yourself up over it.

~maddymama

#17 of 40 Old 04-08-2011, 12:46 PM

Hi LtLers! I have a mega lot to lose, about 170lbs.  I am trying to start walking and really, really struggling.  I think 12 minutes at a time is my limit, then I feel actual pain in my lower back and feet.  Actually, the pain starts around 8 minutes, by 12 it's unbearable.  I am walking on the treadmill, 1.5 mph and no incline.  (and I am embarrassed to admit that)

Anyone been there?  Have any words of advice or anything?  I really feel like giving up, it hurts so badly.  I am tempted to try to lose a chunk of weight first and then start exercising.  :/

flowersforyou.gif

#18 of 40 Old 04-08-2011, 01:42 PM

I have BT and still sort of am. I have really bad and unfixable back problems on top of my out of shape bod lol I just take it easy on the workouts and focus on the diet. Also doing modified pilates and yoga helps a lot. NAK

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#19 of 40 Old 04-08-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Honey View Post

I think 12 minutes at a time is my limit, then I feel actual pain in my lower back and feet.  Actually, the pain starts around 8 minutes, by 12 it's unbearable.  I am walking on the treadmill, 1.5 mph and no incline.  (and I am embarrassed to admit that)

Anyone been there?  Have any words of advice or anything?  I really feel like giving up, it hurts so badly.  I am tempted to try to lose a chunk of weight first and then start exercising.  :/

Don't give up!!  It might help if you could switch to a lower impact activity which would be less strain on your joints.  Biking and swimming are both good.  Have you ever seen those pedals that sit on the floor so that you can "bike" while sitting?  They aren't too expensive, and that might be a good starting point.  Are you wearing good, supportive shoes?

Tired mama to my wild childenergy.gif ribbluyel.gif

#20 of 40 Old 04-09-2011, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Honey View Post

Hi LtLers! I have a mega lot to lose, about 170lbs.  I am trying to start walking and really, really struggling.  I think 12 minutes at a time is my limit, then I feel actual pain in my lower back and feet.  Actually, the pain starts around 8 minutes, by 12 it's unbearable.  I am walking on the treadmill, 1.5 mph and no incline.  (and I am embarrassed to admit that)

8 minutes sounds like a perfect workout for you!   8 minutes everyday.  That's it.  Exercising through pain is a sure fire way to injure yourself, so if 8 minutes is what you can do right now, then that is what you should be doing.  When 8 minutes starts to feel easy, make it 10.  When 10 starts to feel easy, make it 12.  

Go slow.  Be easy on yourself mama.  

#21 of 40 Old 04-09-2011, 06:14 AM

I know i am soooo terrified of injury right now i dont work out at all...i have been successfully losing 10lbs a month since January ...and i try to walk my errands when i can...but it really only amounts to about 3 - 4 miles a week.  I keep promising myself i will do more when i have lost another 50 - that will bring me to 200lbs.  Plus im 41.....not that that should be an excuse...but honest;y - i am in AWE of you guys who run or jog and anything aerobic! 

#22 of 40 Old 04-09-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherhendoula View Post

I know i am soooo terrified of injury right now i dont work out at all...i have been successfully losing 10lbs a month since January ...and i try to walk my errands when i can...but it really only amounts to about 3 - 4 miles a week.  I keep promising myself i will do more when i have lost another 50 - that will bring me to 200lbs.  Plus im 41.....not that that should be an excuse...but honest;y - i am in AWE of you guys who run or jog and anything aerobic! 

Working out is definatley harder when you are substantially overweight. A couple of months back when I finally got serious about weight loss I bought Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I started wheezing ( I have asthma) and could not even finish level one. I also got a horrible shooting pains in my shins for about a week. I don't know if I did one of the excercises wrong or if it was from all the jumping but I was in pain.

#23 of 40 Old 04-10-2011, 10:31 AM

Thank you for the support and input!  I will stick with 8 minutes until it gets easier. 

I just wanted to report that I lost 2.6 this week, bringing my total loss for the month since I started WW on March 3 to 12.8 lbs.  :)

sosurreal09 likes this.

flowersforyou.gif

#24 of 40 Old 04-11-2011, 08:18 AM

Great work AtHoney! You keep pushing your body and the change keeps happening and as you change more, you'll get stronger and be able to do more, more confidently.

I have been slow and steady for the last couple of months and not getting as big of numbers as I really wanted. But, I have hear today with the kind of loss I have been wanting! Yay!

Starting weight, 1/1/11:    256

Weight Last Week :         229

Weight Today:                 226

Next mini-goal:    225

Goal weight:        175

Total Lost:  -30 pounds

I hit the 30 pound mark this week and I feel awesome about that. One of my goals, never stated here but always in my mind, is that my son's birthday is next month and I still have a lot of weight gained in my pregnancy and postpartum with him. I was about 185 or 190 when I got pregnant with him and gained a lot of weight. I really wanted to lose about 40-45 pounds by his birthday and it is looking possible. It gives me about 6 weeks to lose another 10-15 pounds and I am really hopeful of doing that or getting close.

I also had to buy new pants, size 16s, which was thrilling and I have given myself rewards in the form of shoes. I wanted something good for me for rewards, so shoes it is :)

Hope everyone else is doing great!

momonthebeach likes this.
#25 of 40 Old 04-11-2011, 12:12 PM

This week has been great workout/eating wise and discouraging number wise. I have been having some swelling/water retention issues. I have woken up a couple of different mornings with my wedding ring squished onto my finger so I know that my fingers are majorly swollen and I feel like other stuff is too. On those mornings, I am up 5 pounds from the morning before. It has gone away over a few days but that has led me to be up a pound today instead of down a few like I was a few days ago. I realize that it is probably just something with my body adjusting to all the excersise, healthier eating and just being much more active in general life (all of these have changed slowly over the last few months and have increased drastically in the last couple of weeks). I'm trying not to stress to much about the numbers it just stinks to see the scale going in the wrong direction when I am working so hard to do everything right!

I have new workouts coming tomorrow that I am really excited about. Hoping that they will really boost my numbers:)

Just keep at it for those struggling with the exercise! I have gotten into the habit of only watching one thing at a time if I'm lounging around watching tv. I was the queen of channel surfing and would flip between several shows at once. Sometimes, I wouldn't get up (except maybe to go to the fridge!) from 8-11 or so between when the boys go to bed and I go to bed. Now, if I'm watching tv, I pick one thing and get up and move around on commercial breaks. Sometimes, I get up and do some house work, change out laundry or load the dishwasher and sometimes I just step from side to side, do some kicks, squats, lunges, jumping jacks, etc. I have found that I've starting to get really antsy watching tv. If it's not something I'm really interested in (I have wasted many hours watching terrible tv that I'm not really even enjoying!) then I turn it off and do something else. I'm ready to jump up when the ads come on and sometimes before. I have even found myself standing and moving around through whole shows. It doesn't really get my heart rate up, I don't usually sweat, but I'm not just zoned out laying there anymore.

Little things add up to make a big difference! HTH! Something that has done a lot for me:)

Katie

#26 of 40 Old 04-12-2011, 06:12 AM

Subbing late in the game. Still pregnant - 9 weeks today and still losing, but not dieting or exercising. I guess I'm just not very hungry and I'm really tired and nauseous most of the time, so weight gain isn't a problem yet.

Weight:
Jan 1: 220
Current: 188
Goal: 130 eventually and to not gain more than 15 pounds this pregnancy.

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#27 of 40 Old 04-12-2011, 06:32 AM

I absolutely love this thread - reading about all your losses is so motivating.

I had a lightbulb moment the other day.  I may not be able to walk more than 8 min at a time, but I can do that more than once a day.  So, this week I am playing around with exercise, seeing how much I can reasonably do during the day.  I am aiming for 3 walking sessions a day, so at least 24 minutes/day.

I am also trying to concentrate on drinking a lot of water.  Sometimes my hands get swollen if I eat too much sodium, so I am watching that as well.  

Last night, I went out with some friends for our weekly ladies' night and I ate nachos, a couple of chicken wings and bleu cheese on my salad.  In terms of points I am OK, I counted them and used my weekly points for the food, but in terms of sodium - OY!  I feel like I am typing with fat little bear paws right now.  lol

Today is the day I take my measurements.  I am super excited.  :)

flowersforyou.gif

#28 of 40 Old 04-12-2011, 07:47 AM

You ladies are still a constant source of inspiration! Especially when it comes to working out.  I realized I forgot to check in on Sunday but this week has been very stressful.  I was proud of myself though because I didn't drink soda (which I desperately wanted) and I didn't overeat.

So

Starting weight: 232 (March 10th)

Last week: 220.5

This week: 218

Goal Weight: 145 (by the end of the year ))))

Mini Goal Weight by April 30th: 209

I may or may not hit that mini goal by the end of April but I"m going to give it my best shot

#29 of 40 Old 04-12-2011, 06:55 PM

I am up one pound.

Here is the thing we just lost a huge chunk of monthly income and we are awaiting some kind of state assistance and our food budget jut plummeted to $200 this month! How the heck can you eat healthy on that? I feel like we are eating pasta, pasta, and more pasta b/c it can feed the fam for a couple bucks...

WWYD?

#30 of 40 Old 04-14-2011, 09:04 AM

Hello all! I have been stuck at the same weight for about 2 weeks but started a new workout tues that includes HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and have lost 4 pounds in 2 days:) It was bound to happen since I had been working out and eating so well but the HIIT really shook things up to plow through that plateau! The ones I'm doing are dvd workouts, but HIIT is something that can be done no matter what you are using for cardio. While you are on the treadmill, elliptical, etc, do a warm-up followed by 30-45 seconds of going as hard as you can (whatever that means!) and then 30-45 seconds slowed down to catch your breath. Repeat (my first video does this 9 times for a total of about 15 minutes including warm-up and you work up to 25 min) then cool down and stretch really well. Try it! I feel great and am really excited to finally get the scale moving again!

Katie

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page