Pants: Have the sizes changed? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 05-05-2011, 04:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/25/business/25sizing.html?_r=1

Some entrepreneur has turned this issue to their advantage. The obvious answer: a full body scanner that tells you your size at various retailers. eyesroll.gif

Trying to get my bearings...
#32 of 32 Old 05-12-2011, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaL View Post

I'm not sure this thread makes me feel any better. LOL  I have been steadily increasing in size since high school. I was a 7/9 when I graduated high school (still wore juniors sizes) and a solid 8 for a long time after that. Now I am a 12. I bought jeans a couple years ago, some at old Navy, some at JCPenney.  Right after I had my daughter I got into a 10 for about 6 months (nursing weight loss) and since then I have been in a 12. Does that now mean that I am actually wearing a 14 or a 16, or higher?  

That's sort of disheartening...lol.gif

And why are my underwear sized differently? I wear a size 7 in underpants! LOL

Me too.  I was completely unaware of this size discrepancy until reading this thread.  I have gained a good amount of weight over the years.  When I was 18 years old I was a size 4, now I am a size 14.  So if clothes sizes have changed that much in the last 15 years, I'm not really a size 14 now.  I'm actually plus-sized, or what used to be plus-sized.  This really does not make me feel better about my weight gain. :(

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page