Running and peeing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-18-2011, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

angry.gif

I am so frustrated!  I'm training for running my first 5K next month.  I had to stop my run today because I was leaking urine so badly!  My youngest is almost 3 so I'm not exactly postpartum.  This hasn't been a problem recently but obviously I need to do some pelvic training.  Does anyone have any hopeful/helpful suggestions?  

TIA

- Amanda

#2 of 7 Old 04-24-2011, 09:03 AM

I have the same problem and sometimes wear a pad but it can get uncomfortable if I'm leaking heavily.  I discovered that if I use a tampon I don't leak at all - must have something to do with the muscles holding the tampon or it exerting pressure or something - I don't know.  I'm not thrilled to use tampons when I don't even have my period, but until I can tighten my pelvic muscles enough it's a solution that works for me.

#3 of 7 Old 04-25-2011, 04:14 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply :)  That's worth a try - maybe I can wear my divacup and see if it helps - I'm just stressed about running a 5K in public and having this issue come up.  

#4 of 7 Old 05-01-2011, 06:36 PM

I went to physical therapy for urinary incontinence...I felt I was way too young to have this problem!  I was really skeptical but it is so worth it!  It really solved my problem, about 95% and I felt so much better!  I just had a third baby, and plan to go back for a little tune up...hope this helps!

#5 of 7 Old 05-02-2011, 08:30 PM

I just read this yesterday, you might find some helpful thoughts there.  My problem with running right now is that even when I pee right before my run, I need to pee again a mile into it!  I'm really hoping this goes away once I have the baby.  :-)

Mama lady to my lady baby born 3/09 on the kitchen floor.  Looking forward to seeing which room's floor the next one will be born on in October.  love.gif
#6 of 7 Old 05-09-2011, 06:34 AM

I'm 9 months PP. I just started running about a month ago and yesterday I passed a port-o-john while on my run and I thought I should use it but didn't. Guess I should have b/c I ended up peeing my pants on the way home. I hope to look at the article GoGoGirl suggested but it's blocked at the computer I am using right now. Good to know about PT though!

DS is 4!
DD 8/10/10!
#7 of 7 Old 05-09-2011, 07:06 PM

The PT for this region also helps make DTD even more fun...seriously, it was an unexpected & fun side effect...smile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page