Newbie here - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-26-2011, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I finally decided it was time to lose some weight and I need some people to share it with! I'm hoping that if I hold myself accountable here, it might help motivate me. I weighed over 250 pounds two years ago, but lost 70 due to postpartum thyroiditis. Most of the time when my thyroid has been checked it has tested normal, but a few times it hasn't. My theory is that it works intermittently. My other problem is that I am a homebody and don't get enough exercise and eat too much, although I do eat healthy food most of the time. I gained some weight over the winter and now weigh 205 pounds (I'm 5'6"). A friend from high school will be visiting from Germany at the end of August and suddenly I'm humiliated and motivated to get this weight off! It doesn't help that she's 6'2", blond, and 130 pounds. When we were in high school, everywhere we went people asked if she was a model. Yesterday I went for a very long speed walk, maybe three miles or so (long for me, okay!). This morning I did a 10 minute pilates workout on Netflix. I bought myself a pair of running shoes today and hopefully will use them this afternoon!  Anyway, I hope this is an appropriate place to post this. I'm excited because this is looooong overdue!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2011, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Good for you! I'm sure you're worrying for nothing about your friend, though. You're still the same person you were in high school. I love my friends and if I visited a friend who I hadn't seen for a while and she had put on some weight, I wouldn't think a thing of it.

Anyway, I'm meeting with a personal trainer on Tuesday to get started on an exercise plan. I don't really need to lose any weight, but I'd love to drop 10 or 15 lbs. (I'm 5'6", 150 lbs.) I just really need to tone up. That's my goal. I eat a healthy vegan diet with minimal processed foods, so I think I've got that part taken care of. I sure am nervous to meet with the trainer, though. I'm sure I'll be in for some pain!

User Tag List