Weight Watchers 2011 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-31-2011, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

It's been a few months since I followed a WW thread here and I don't see a current thread. Is anyone out there?

I am a lifetime member. In January I went 5 pounds above my range. This past month or so I started following the new plan (I love the free fruit) and am back in my weight range.

I'd love to hear how others are doing.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2011, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm here! I had great success on Weight Watchers in 2007 to 2009. I had lost 60+ pounds, but then I had a bunch of personal drama, quit the plan, and gained back 45 pounds. shake.gif

I started over at the beginning of this year at 193. I weighed in today at 174.2. I've got 1.2 pounds to go until I get my 10% award. Hopefully that will happen next Friday.

--Jessica

Mom to Dom age 11, Joe age 7, and baby Maddie. love.gif

Old 06-03-2011, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Good luck.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:39 PM

How is WW going for you?  I just rejoined last week.  The last time I went to WW faithfully, I lost 65 pounds.  That was back in 2002 - 2003.  Then I had another baby and gained all of that back plus another 20 pounds.  Boo.

I need to find my Lifetime number.   At least there is that plus - once I get down to my Lifetime weight again, I won't need to pay the meeting fees for the 6 weeks of maintenance.

The new e-tools program is really cool!  I really like tracking online and on my phone.  I think I can keep up with it a whole lot better that way.  Having the restaurant guide with me on my phone will be a big help.

I am determined to get my weight down.  I've tried so many times in the last 7 years.  It's time to just get it done.  I'm tired of feeling bad about myself.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:05 AM

I just joined for the 1st time in an effort to lose 20lbs or so. I've only been at it for a few days actually but I feel like it's keeping me honest and helping me be more deliberate about getting a daily walk in.

Last week when I joined it was at the end of a day and when I logged my points for that day I was WAY over... So learning to eat right is sorta fun. Today I was 1 point under! :) It's helping me make better choices.

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

Old 10-26-2011, 11:53 AM

Bumping this up to see if there are any Weight Watchers still out there?  Maybe there's a more recent thread I've missed?  I started about a month ago and would love some support from my MDC mamas!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 10-31-2011, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

I'm here, though having difficulties. My daughter went on a really restricted diet so I'm exploring new food options and loving it a bit too much. Plus my husband's work hours were cut so I've gone back to work part-time, but my schedule is erratic and requires a lot of car time so I've been hitting up the drive-thrus.

Plus I just like to eat and I haven't had the reserves to limit myself. I'm not sure how to get back on the wagon.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

So tonight I told my husband I am fat in front of our 5 year old son. I usually don't do this since I don't want to get into the whole body image thing. So I followed up with, "I'm really not fat. I'm okay." (Which is true, I just like to be thinner.) My son said, "Welllllll, you're a little bit fat." I asked him where and he pointed to my stomach.

Maybe I found my motivator to start counting points again.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:25 PM

Ugh how mortifying.  Kinda like when DD pointed to me and asked why I have two chins.  eyesroll.gif  Only honest people in this world are children and drunk people.

I'm vegan and soy free so I hear you on the restrictions.  It's slowly getting easier doing the no soy, even though I was heavily dependent on it for years.  Trying to see if it helps with DS's reflux.

So far, it's been 5 weeks and I've lost 10.6 lbs.  I'm down 6" off my waist!  Yesterday I pulled on pre-preg single digit size jeans for the first time!  DS is 11 weeks old tomorrow so I'm really excited I'm already back in some normal clothes!!  I still have 17 lbs to lose to get to pre-preg weight, though.  So, still chugging along.   Also keeping an eye on milk supply as DS is exclusively bf'ed.

Are you doing ww online or in person/meetings?  I'm just doing online.  I like it a lot.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 11-01-2011, 03:41 PM

I'm technically still here :) Threw myself off the bandwagon this week just cuz. Too much going on to keep logging what I eat on the computer. Meh. Ok, so a "week off" ~ I intend to start again on Wed which is my weigh-day. It's been going well so far, so I am motivated to keep up with it!

Old 11-01-2011, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

My son's comment yesterday has motivated me today. Not sure how many points I ate because I haven't calculated them for the foods I froze, but since I limited myself I think I'm okay. I'm actually a lifetimer (though I'm out of my range.) I haven't been to a meeting in forever because I'm working now and my husband's hours are less and we just haven't gotten a routine going. Perhaps I'll sign up online so I can calculate the points in recipes, but since I could just do it with a calculator I might save the money. Who knows.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:45 AM

Hi everyone!  I'm going for WW again.  After one week of working out hard, tracking consistently, and feeling grumpy and hungry I'm only .8 of a lb. down.  I'd like to lose 20 total to get to my goal so I'm feeling a bit discouraged today...  I'm finding it so much more difficult to bounce back after baby #2.  I'm also tandem nursing so I guess slow and steady weight loss is my best bet for milk supply... I'm still impatient though.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggly View Post

Hi everyone!  I'm going for WW again.  After one week of working out hard, tracking consistently, and feeling grumpy and hungry I'm only .8 of a lb. down.  I'd like to lose 20 total to get to my goal so I'm feeling a bit discouraged today...  I'm finding it so much more difficult to bounce back after baby #2.  I'm also tandem nursing so I guess slow and steady weight loss is my best bet for milk supply... I'm still impatient though.

I'm envious of your 0.8 pound loss. I just can't get on track. 

When I attained lifetime (I'm a bit out of my range right now) I did it 0.2 pounds a week. I took the attitude that it was a loss and that's all that mattered. There were a few weeks when I lost more, but as long as I lost 0.2 I was okay.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:33 AM

I forgot to check in!! I weighed in on Friday, down 2 more lbs!! Only 15 to go to get to pre preg weight!!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Old 11-08-2011, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

I forgot to check in!! I weighed in on Friday, down 2 more lbs!! Only 15 to go to get to pre preg weight!!

That's great.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:02 PM

Congrats!  Good going!

Quote:

Old 11-08-2011, 12:49 PM

Thanks everyone!!

Anyone interested in posting food logs?  Here was yesterday:

Morning - Pumpkin pie oatmeal, coffee

Midday - Field Roast frankfurter on wrap, baby carrots, pb & j on itsy bitsy pocket pita; 2 mary janes; coffee

Evening - 4 crunchy tacos made with lentils with salsa and sriracha; 1/2 a light beer (wasn't feeling it); 

Points - 41

Old 11-09-2011, 09:43 PM

still... off...bandwagon... arrg!! i've taken a delicious 2 week break from WW and now i know i gotta get going again!!

Old 11-12-2011, 08:05 AM

Yesterday:

Morning - coffee, 3 chocolate pumpkin pie brownies (oh yeah, I went there)

Midday - hummus wrap; FR Frank on tortilla, carrots; 2 mary janes

Evening - 1/2 Wendy's Value size fries; 1 c chickpeas/mayo/pickles on pita; cheerios w/almond milk

Total - 44

I also weighed in yesterday - down another 1.6!!  

C'mon ladies, we can do this!!  Start logging food -- it helps so much!!

Old 11-12-2011, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I also weighed in yesterday - down another 1.6!!  

C'mon ladies, we can do this!!  Start logging food -- it helps so much!!

Inspiring. I need to get back to this. I feel so stuck.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:15 AM

Did a longer reply but lost it...  Long story short: lost 2 at my last weigh in!  Feeling so inspired and more in control.  I'm also loosening up re: childcare at our gym.  I figure the kids love it and I need a workout and shower a few times a week.  It's going great- I've found that I love step aerobics, oddly. 

Old 11-16-2011, 12:34 PM

Great loss, snuggly!!

I'm down to losing the last bit of weight and I feel like the last 10 lbs isn't going to budge as easily.  Especially with Finn only being 3 months old.  I kept on a good 10 lbs of nursing padding the last time, no matter how hard I worked out/ate right.  We shall see, I suppose!

Old 11-18-2011, 03:36 PM

I know this post was a long time ago, but I saw that your vegan and I'm a struggling vegan right now.  I have had a hard time even sticking to my vegetarian ways since getting pregnant.  This is my first pregnancy and I just want some advice as to how can I eat well for the baby during pregnancy and not blow up to great, catastrophic proportions?  I intend on joining WW after the birth...they saw 6 to 8 weeks after when milk supply is built up.  Any advice on tricks now to not get out of control?  How to satisfy meat cravings on a vegan diet?

Old 11-18-2011, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasingh View Post

I know this post was a long time ago, but I saw that your vegan and I'm a struggling vegan right now.  I have had a hard time even sticking to my vegetarian ways since getting pregnant.  This is my first pregnancy and I just want some advice as to how can I eat well for the baby during pregnancy and not blow up to great, catastrophic proportions?  I intend on joining WW after the birth...they saw 6 to 8 weeks after when milk supply is built up.  Any advice on tricks now to not get out of control?  How to satisfy meat cravings on a vegan diet?

You might want to look at the vegetarain/vegan forum. This gets discussed from time to time. Not the how to not gain weight part, but the not eat meat part. I think there've been a few threads in the last couple months that might help you.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasingh View Post

I craved meat big time with this last pg.  I even nicknamed him Baby Dino when he was in my belly!! Sometimes it can be that your body is craving protein, but I didn't find this was the case.  I wasn't craving healthy meat, but fried chicken, grease, etc.  So I'd get fries from KFC (or something equally gross) without actually eating meat.  I craved hot dogs for a while, too, so I got lots of Smart Dogs and went to town.  Salt can help with morning sickness, too.

I ate normally, didn't overindulge, but I still ended up gaining 49 lbs.  With my first pg I gained 60, so I think I just gain a lot.

Def check out the veg forum -- lots of pg mamas deal with this stuff. 

This weeks weigh in was a bit of a bummer - only lost .8.  Oh well.  I'm down to the last 10-11 lbs so I kind of figured this might happen.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

This weeks weigh in was a bit of a bummer - only lost .8.  Oh well.  I'm down to the last 10-11 lbs so I kind of figured this might happen.

When I was achieving lifetime (which I need to work on again) I lost 0.2 pounds a week. Almost every week. I took the attitude that at least I was down. Eventually I lost the weight. 

Of course, now we've had to totally change our diet, my husband's work hours were cut so I'm working, and the knew foods we're discovering are just so tasty. I will lose the weight again. Someday.

Anyway, Baby Cakes. Congrats on losing 0.8 pounds. That's great and I'm envious.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:58 AM

Oh my... My poor kids (and dh and self) have been sick for the past couple weeks. Fevers, bad congestion, yuck.  I finally feel like we've turned a corner.  The only silver lining to this?  Despite not tracking or exercising or trying to at all I lost over three pounds (over the last two weeks).  Now solidly in the 140s and not planning to visit 150 again!  The oddest thing about this illness for me was I completely lost my sense of taste. So strange to be eating but not tasting a thing!  I think it is starting to come back today.  I hope that you are all healthy and well!

Old 12-11-2011, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations on your silver lining.

Old 12-13-2011, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am doing WW. I lost 15 lbs so far...but over  year :( Oh well, slow and steady right?

Old 02-11-2012, 10:44 AM

Hi, There's a new WW thread. Come join us.

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.

User Tag List