Postpartum Weight Loss- June! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 06-10-2011, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congratulations on your baby!!!babyf.gif

We are glad you found this thread. We are a group of Mamas trying to get back in shape postpartum. We have varying amounts of weight to lose and and are trying a variety of strategies to do so.  Welcome.

This is our official accountability thread!
If you want to be added to the roll, let me know your info and I will get you listed. And of course, let me know any changes you want made to your listing by posting in bold. We want to share your success with you!
If you have any links to tips, recipes or exercise you want to share, I will post that too.

Current Hot Mama's-
Amandamanda- Current Weight- 133lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost- 87 lbs!

Amy@STL- Current Weight-184lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost-
AnnieMac- Current Weight- 110.5lbs, Goal Weight- 100lbs, Total Lost- 31 lbs!

Aphel- Current Weight- 165lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost- 5 lbs!

BaileyB- Current Weight- 158lbs, Goal Weight- 148lbs, Total Lost- 32 lbs!

Carley- Current Weight- 130lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost- 26 lbs!

CherryBomb- Current Weight- 238lbs, Goal Weight- 175lbs, Total Lost- 27 lbs!

Chewynotcrunchy-  Current weight-170lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost- 35 lbs!

Chloe'sMama- Current Weight- 148lbs, Goal Weight- 135lbs, Total Lost- 17 lbs!

Decafmom-Current Weight- 122lbs, Goal Weight- 110lbs, Total Lost- 29.5 lbs!

Fruitful4him- Current Weight- 182lbs, Goal Weight- 169lbs, Total Lost- 68 lbs!

Geigerin- Current Weight- 208lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost-

Gobecgo- Current Weight- 211lbs, Goal Weight- 175lbs, Total Lost- 20 lbs!

Greenlea- Current Weight- 180lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost-

greenmulberry- Current Weight- 214lbs, Goal Weight- 160lbs, Total Lost-

Hannah32- Current Weight- 178lbs, Goal Weight- 150lbs, Total Lost- 27 lbs!

Hollymommy- Current Weight- 131lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 17 lbs!

Hollyrose 114-Current Weight- , Goal Weight- , Total Lost-

Ihugtrees- Current Weight- 165lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost-

JAntoinette- Current Weight- 145lbs, Goal Weight- 132lbs, Total Lost-

Jess_paez- Current Weight- 181lbs, Goal Weight- 150lbs, Total Lost- 23 lbs!
Kitteh- Current Weight- 127lbs, Goal Weight- 116lbs, Total Lost- 27 lbs!

KittyWitty- Current Weight- 152lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 17 lbs!

lapoli- Current Weight- 124 lbs, Goal Weight- 115 lbs, Total Lost-

Laylasmomplus1- Current Weight- 252lbs, Goal Weight- 205lbs, Total Lost

LoveLife- Current Weight-130 , Goal Weight- 112lbs, Total Lost- 16 lbs!

Lovemore- Current Weight- 124lbs, Goal Weight- 115lbs, Total Lost-31 lbs!

Loveneverfails-Current Weight- 162lbs, Goal Weight- 160lbs, Total Lost-10 lbs!

Maciascl- Current Weight- 168lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 5 lbs!

Mamacatsbaby-Current Weight- 185lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost- 10 lbs!

mamaofprincesses-Current Weight- 181lbs, Goal Weight- 150lbs, Total Lost-

MamitaM- Current Weight- 121lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 39 lbs!

Mammab21- Current Weight- 160lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost-
Mandica- Current Weight- 134.5lbs, Goal Weight- 134lbs, Total Lost-68 lbs!

Mauraa629- Current Weight- 154lbs, Goal Weight- 122lbs, Total Lost-

Melissa- Current Weight - 155lbs, Goal Weight 135lbs, Total Lost-

Mylilmonkeys- Current Weight- 191lbs, Goal Weight- 170lbs, Total Lost-6 lbs!

OneWithTwo- Current Weight- 200lbs, Goal Weight- 150lbs, Total Lost-
Pacificbliss- Current Weight- 172lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost- 12 lbs!

Pittnurse08- Current Weight- 135.5lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 70 lbs!
P.J.- Current Weight- 155lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 22 lbs!

Poorlittlefish- Current Weight- 163lbs, Goal Weight- 150lbs, Total Lost- 4 lbs!

prone_to_wander- Current Weight- 155lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost-

RaeRae91-Current Weight- 145lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost- 28 lbs!

Sandrine- Current Weight- , Goal Weight- , Total Lost-

Snapdragon- Current Weight- 150lbs, Goal Weight- 120lbs, Total Lost-
Sosurreal09- Current Weight- 163.3lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost- 75 lbs!
SpuglyRoo- Current Weight- 133lbs, Goal Weight- 125lbs, Total Lost- 51 lbs!

StellaNuova - Current Weight- 141lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost- 39 lbs!

Sunsetdancer- Current Weight- 233lbs, Goal Weight- 153lbs, Total Lost-

Theoldmommers- Current Weight- 129lbs, Goal Weight- 115lbs, Total Lost- 38 lbs!
Tracymom1- Current Weight- 127lbs, Goal Weight- 115lbs, Total Lost- 23 lbs!

transylvania_mom- Current Weight- 150lbs, Goal Weight- 130lbs, Total Lost-

TrekkinGirl- Current Weight- 196lbs, Goal Weight- 170lbs, Total Lost- 8 lbs!

Upnorthmama- Current Weight- 208lbs, Goal Weight- 140lbs, Total Lost- 15 lbs!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 19 Old 06-10-2011, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry so late!!!

I just started a new job and life has been crazy dizzy.gif I have to admit I don't know what I weigh right now. It feels like it's the same but I better get back to it.

#3 of 19 Old 06-10-2011, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok, so got weighed for a life insurance application.  143 so only down two more pounds but heading in the right direction.  Sounds high I know but I am 5'8". Next weigh in will be on the 22nd. I am not going to buy mixed nuts for a while. They were my late night snack and I don't think it was helping me lose. 

#4 of 19 Old 06-11-2011, 07:07 PM

I have been loading up on veggies and having a greek yogurt the last couple days and am down to 194! It's funny, even though I have only lost two poiunds I feel a lot more slender. Six more pounds till my prepregnancy weight. I have been having major low back issues again so i haven't done much excersizing though. Even carrying DD in the Ergo today at the library was torture. I emailed my doc and all the help he could give was suggest I do more core strengthening. Gee thanks doc!

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#5 of 19 Old 06-12-2011, 06:59 AM

I'm still here. :)

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
#6 of 19 Old 06-12-2011, 10:09 AM

make that 5.....I lost another pound.      broc1.gif

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#7 of 19 Old 06-12-2011, 06:10 PM

Down to 126! I've lost 58 pounds in the last 11 months  biggrinbounce.gif  Can you update me?

I'm soo close to goal weight and I'll probably reach it before my birthday on Friday!  Once I reach my goal I don't think I'll be changing to a lower one but instead I'm going to try to work on my body fat, I'd like to get it down to 25% instead of the current 29%.  Earlier today I had an interesting experience.  I stopped into an unfamiliar grocery store because it was on my way and then couldn't find what I was looking for so I asked the first worker I came across for help.  It happened to be a teenage boy and he told me he'd show me where it was and started strutting over to the correct aisle while trying to flirt with me.  I couldn't help but inwardly roll my eyes and think oh please, I don't have time for this, I'm probably a decade older than you kid!  But I just thanked him for his help and chuckled to myself as I paid for my items and left.  When I told DH about it he commented something along the lines of, "I'm not surprised you've got the teenage guys eyeing you up.  You're probably in the best shape of your adult life and you look really good!"  It's silly, but that poor kid's feeble attempts at flirting boosted my ego a little bit more.  I turning into one hot mama! loveeyes.gif winky.gif Sheepish.gif I think I really like having a summer baby.  It's okay to be big the summer your pregnant and then you have a whole year to get yourself back together again before you need to consider wearing shorts, tanks, and swimsuits.  It seems to work for me anyway.

Hey, Babe  +  Me  =  Little Man 07-27-08  &  the Storm Sprite 07-11-10  computergeek2.gif    
#8 of 19 Old 06-15-2011, 12:46 PM

still taking it one day at a time. trying to load up on fruits and veggies still. it's a great time of year to do that! all the greens in my garden are robust and plenty of cheap melon at the store. all the yummies are around this time of year as far as produce goes. hangin at 194 although I was 193 for a day. Maybe I shouldn't weigh myself every day but I just can't resist.

#9 of 19 Old 06-17-2011, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post

still taking it one day at a time. trying to load up on fruits and veggies still. it's a great time of year to do that! all the greens in my garden are robust and plenty of cheap melon at the store. all the yummies are around this time of year as far as produce goes. hangin at 194 although I was 193 for a day. Maybe I shouldn't weigh myself every day but I just can't resist.

Oh, yeah, I'm LOVING all the really ripe fresh fruit especially (and since it is in season it doesn't take a second mortgage to buy it).  We were going to try and go strawberry picking but haven't had a chance yet and I think that we are starting to run out of time.  Sooo today is my birthday and...I reached my goal weight!!  125 lbs!!!!  I'm thrilled!  And also resigned because now none of my clothes fit and I hate shopping.  That's what I asked for as birthday gifts, some summer clothes.  Tomorrow is our big June party (my birthday, my dad's birthday, MIL's birthday and father's day) and in light of my weight loss I'm really glad that we combine everything. It's hard not to splurge at a party and this way there is only one to splurge at instead of four.  So, tomorrow will be a day of (restrained) splurging and Sunday will probably be another, though a little less so and then Monday starts my new goal of getting to 25% BF.  I started lifting yesterday so I'm hoping that will help me reach my new goal. 

I LOVE ice cream in the summer (I worked at a homemade ice cream parlor for 8 years and never got sick of it) so I decided that this year instead of buying ice cream and being able to easily eat all I want of it, I'm going to use the ice cream maker attachment for my mixer and make our ice cream.  It's harder to allow myself to eat too much of it when I know 1- exactly how much heavy cream and how many eggs are in it and 2- how long it takes me to make it.  Instead of huge bowls full I'm actually eating the recommending serving size.  I just have to eat it slower so that it lasts longer.  I've made coffee, butter pecan, and fresh mint (from my garden!).  Next experiment is frozen yogurt, I'll let you know how it goes.

How is everything going with the rest of you ladies?  Is the heat helping you melt off the lbs or is it tempting you to stay inside with the AC blasting and no exercising? 

Hey, Babe  +  Me  =  Little Man 07-27-08  &  the Storm Sprite 07-11-10  computergeek2.gif    
#10 of 19 Old 06-17-2011, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

can I join? My "baby" is almost 2. I was 110 lbs before having my kids and I gained 15 lbs after each one.

I'm at 140 now. I'd like to get to 130 to start, and then we'll see...

caffix.gif

#11 of 19 Old 06-19-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transylvania_mom View Post

can I join? My "baby" is almost 2. I was 110 lbs before having my kids and I gained 15 lbs after each one.

I'm at 140 now. I'd like to get to 130 to start, and then we'll see...

Welcome.gif transylvania_mom!  There seems to be a bit of a lull around here, probably because it is Father's Day weekend, but you are more than welcome to join in on our efforts orngbiggrin.gif

#12 of 19 Old 06-22-2011, 01:20 PM

Hi all: I'd like to join you too... my latest (and last) little one is just about 7 months. She is number 3 and I'm 20 pounds (easily) heavier than I was when I started this baby-having business nearly 6 years ago... My current weight is 155 and I'm looking to hit 135... which probably wasn't helped by the whoopie pie and frito lunch I had today. Sigh.

Melissa

#13 of 19 Old 06-22-2011, 05:23 PM

Hi, could you please update me - new weight is 141 so not bad but I have been a little too much like a Hoover lately with my kids' leftovers...I felt virtuous last night because I didn't order a shake but then I finished off three half shakes (including their whipped cream) and then I was a little too full and felt a bit sick and I should have just had my own that I wanted to begin with it would have been less....but not having the mixed nuts in the house I am not eating them late at night in bed...I seem to be eating trail mix instead and not sure that's better as it's got more sugar with the dried fruit and chocolate pieces...oh well!  11 pounds to go which is good progress since I had gained 50 lbs. 

#14 of 19 Old 06-22-2011, 06:34 PM

been taking a break from watching what I eat while DH is on vacation from work until Sunday. I will weigh in on Sunday and asses the damage! It probably won't be too bad, I haven't been piggin out or anything.

#15 of 19 Old 06-24-2011, 05:01 AM

Well, last Friday I hit my goal weight, and then the next day hosted a huge party for our combined family's June events and was no longer at my goal.  It's kind of amazing how one day of poor choices seems to so drastically effect my weight.  Oh well, one day every week or two I'm going to relax and just have to deal with the repercussions.   It took all week but I'm finally back down there. 

A series of circumstances have resulted in a strange thing occurring in me, I think that I'm starting to like and even crave exercising (just starting though, mind you. I'm not all over it all the time like DH would love to be himself).  I started lifting last week, which I have done in the past but I now for some reason relish the achy, sore, used muscles feeling I've been waking up with.  My DD who will be one next month has finally for the first time in her life slept through the night and more importantly done so in her own crib which means that while I sleep better once I fall asleep (no waking up in awkward cramped positions around the baby) it seems to take me a bit longer to fall asleep.  The other night I couldn't sleep so I was reading a book where the main character happened to be trying to get in shape.  In it, she was running and the descriptions of the burning sensations in her muscles and getting winded etc. all suddenly seemed so highly appealing that I wanted to get out of bed at close to midnight and go for a run.  I've never been a runner.  I have always hated it and had no endurance.  In school I always did the sprinting when our turn for track came around because I could get it over with quickly.  I have no idea where the desire to go exhaust myself chasing nothing came from but since it was still there in the morning I took the kids out into the yard and ran laps around it while DS chased me with his whistle (he was quite amused by the way and makes a great trainer with all his commands of "go faster!" "now slowly!!"). 

I don't mind the changes, I'm just not sure how it happened.  Perhaps it is just because I like so much how I now feel and look that I am instinctively starting to want to do things that will facilitate the continuance of health and well being.  Whatever the reason, I am going to try to embrace it and stay off my lazy butt. (I am totally a lazy person, this might be tricky.)

Sorry, just wanted to add Welcome.gif Melissa!!

#16 of 19 Old 06-27-2011, 12:17 PM

Keep up the hard work ladies, you're doing great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellaNuova View Post

Hi, could you please update me - new weight is 141 so not bad but I have been a little too much like a Hoover lately with my kids' leftovers...I felt virtuous last night because I didn't order a shake but then I finished off three half shakes (including their whipped cream) and then I was a little too full and felt a bit sick and I should have just had my own that I wanted to begin with it would have been less....but not having the mixed nuts in the house I am not eating them late at night in bed...I seem to be eating trail mix instead and not sure that's better as it's got more sugar with the dried fruit and chocolate pieces...oh well!  11 pounds to go which is good progress since I had gained 50 lbs. 

I wouldn't be too worried about the trail mix, its actually quite good for you. There are plenty of antioxidants and healthy oils in the mix. Perhaps you should focus more on portoin control. Try using snack sized tupperwear containers to measure out your snacks for the day, or even the whole week. You'll find that it not only makes portion control easier, but also stress free.

#17 of 19 Old 06-27-2011, 03:12 PM

Thanks for the encouragement slim9, I see that you are new to MDC, welcome. Have you recently had a baby? You're welcome to join this thread for motivation.

I said I was going to weigh in on Sunday but DH ended up having a few more days off. He just went back today so I will weigh in first thing in the morning. We had a good week even though I worked. My DD had sports camp all week and we had some family over a few times. I am going to get back to healthy snacking and morning weigh ins regularly. How is everybody doing?

#18 of 19 Old 06-28-2011, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Updated!

Sorry, I have been so absent. I started a new job on June 1st and I think it is settling down a bit now. In all the craziness I have not lost any more weight.  I have not gained either and I now have DH on board so I hope that helps in the motivation department.

Welcome.gif to transylvania_mom and Melissa!

It's almost time to start the July thread so let's finish June strong and post smaller numbers in July!

Amanda, glad you are still here! Are you still at your goal weight?

#19 of 19 Old 06-28-2011, 03:42 PM

194 this morning so pretty good with not gaining but no losing either. It was nice to spend time with DH and just not worry about it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page