Postpartum Weight Loss- July - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 07-17-2011, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

wow 5 lbs is awesome! congrats!

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 47 Old 07-17-2011, 07:37 PM

joy.gif Yay 5 pounds!! Mamapigeon, that is awesome!

Yes, please, update me!

I couldn't go for a run today as planned because it was 95 degrees here and looks like that heat wave is going to continue all week. I dusted off the treadmill and will get up on that tomorrow! And then I start "boot camp" the first week of August - 2 mornings a week for a month. I bought a groupon!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#33 of 47 Old 07-19-2011, 10:33 AM

I need to join too.  I am 2 1/2 months PP and I've only lost about 10 pounds :(  I actually lost a few more but gained them back giving into cravings and eating too many sugary treats.  I am 231 and my goal is 160 which is what I was when I got married.  I'm 5'7".  I am now 100 lbs more than I was in high school which is a very sobering thought.  Before DS I was 184 (I had gained weight dealing with infertility), before DD1 I was 187, and before DD2 I was 195.  If I could just get down to pre-baby weight again before we have another one I will be happy.  I hate this yo-yo of baby weight.  DH was complaining that he can't get below 210 and I told him off.  I told him that as long as I still weigh more than him he has to keep his mouth shut.  Especially since I'll lose the weight but then get pregnant and have to do it all over again.  Sigh.  I'm also struggling with a low milk supply (I have IGT and DD had a posterior tongue tie) so I have to be very careful about eating enough calories and carbs.  It's hard because I lose weight very quickly when I go low-carb.  I lost 10 pounds the month I got pregnant last summer when I started the South Beach Diet again.  I have PCOS so going low-carb kicked my fertility into gear.

Anyway, I think I'm going to join weight watchers again.  I tried after DS and I hated how slow the weight seemed to come off but I am starting at a much higher number this time (was 210 about this time PP after DS) so I think I need to motivation and accountability.  I really don't want to pay $40 a month for meetings but I want to lose the weight.  I'm stuck wearing stretchy yoga bottoms since my size 14s don't fit at all.  I have one pair of size 16 jean capris and they were tight.  I started tracking WW points yesterday but gave up half way through the day in favor of pretzel M&Ms... trying again today.

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

#34 of 47 Old 07-19-2011, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

All updated!

Congrats on the losses ladies! I am just trying t get back where I was after over-indulging. Bah!

Welcome Taryn!!! I am using WW too but I only do the online version.

#35 of 47 Old 07-21-2011, 02:20 PM

Hi!  I finally remembered to check into the new thread.  Welcome to the new members.  And congrats to those who are losing.  I'm trying to weigh in weekly or so.  I'm trying not to obsess so much, because it seems to become counterproductive.  Nursing twins, and not getting hardly any sleep, my body seems to hold onto the weight when I go walking daily.  Weird.  I was down to 179 last week, but then we had a birthday around here.  We'll see what happens tomorrow when I weigh in.  My clothes are fitting better, size 14s are getting loose.  There is such an awkward place between 12 and 14.

Taryn, I so relate to what you mean by yo-yo baby weight.  It's so frustrating!  But, I'm officially below baby#6 weight, so it's going well.  The lowest I've been since having children is 160, which doesn't really look too far away at the moment.  At some point I'm going to have to start working out to tone up, though.  Just so not motivated to do it and really, 4 hours or so of broken sleep a night makes everything look daunting.

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#36 of 47 Old 07-21-2011, 02:57 PM

mylilmonkeys I agree that the spot between 14 and 12 is lame. I've spent all of my twenties having babies and wishing I was slimmer. Now I'm turning 30 in September and I really feel ok being a size 12 and I am ok with my figure. I'm finally feeling ok with not having any more babies too. Strange place in my life. I too am not obsessing with dieting and just enjoying my last baby. The pounds are coming off slowly. I'm back to a size 12, which is what I wore when I got pregnant. We are really working on getting our posessions in a much slimmer state as well around here. Trying to purge all the crap that has piled up around here over the years. We hope to spend some time traveling in an RV next year and putting our belongings in storage. So I guess in so many ways I just feel in transition right now. Bahhhhhhhhh!

I'll weigh in in the morning and update. It's been a while since I've stepped on the scale. I'm a little scared.....

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#37 of 47 Old 07-21-2011, 04:43 PM

Hey ladies!  Sorry I've been MIA lately...my mom was in town.  And guess what?  She stressed me out so much I've lost almost 7 lbs since the last time I weighed!  I would choose NOT to lose that way, though.  The stress has been just terrible. 

Thanks so much for the suggestions of trail mix.  I need to go to the store and make some.  Maybe tomorrow?  Yes, I am tandem nursing so I feel like I'm starving most of the time.

Ok, so as of two days ago (that was the last time I weighed), I am down to 145!!!  I'm going to try not to weigh more than once a week and completely stress myself out over weight.  I really, really need to start exercising, though.  Hopefully I can start this weekend.  Hey, I'm pretty happy considering I'm only 7 lbs away from my pre-(this) pregnancy weight.  20 lbs away from my goal weight, though. 

Andrea fly-by-nursing2.gif - Mommy to DD1 ('05), DD2 ('08), DD3 (6/17/11) cd.gif homebirth.jpg

#38 of 47 Old 07-22-2011, 05:02 AM

broc1.gif Way to go Andrea!! Okay, a sucky way to drop the pounds, but at least they are gone!!!

I have had almost no time to exercise this past week because DH has been working extra hours at his part-time job (in addition to his full-time job) because the owner was out of town. So only one little pound for me! I am now 142 and hoping to really kick myself into high gear this coming week.

trekkingirl, I have recently come to accept my fuller figure, too. (at 5 feet tall, 142 is about a size 10 or 12 on me) I was 104pounds when I got married and I know I will never be that thin again. I hope to shed a bit of weight to feel healthier and stronger and not have quite so much flab hanging around, but I do accept that whatever will be, will be. My hips bore me 3 amazing children in less than 4 years. My body is amazing! joy.gif

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#39 of 47 Old 07-22-2011, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Wow amaayeh, that's great...sort of. Sorry about the stress. Tracymom congrats on your loss too. I am not getting any exercise either. More than slowing the weight loss my brain chemistry seems to need it. I have been in a funk. The other day I was wondering if there is such a thing as delayed postpartum depression. I suspect I just need some exercise.

#40 of 47 Old 07-23-2011, 11:56 AM

194 this morning! Nothing lost but nothing gained, I'll take it!!!!!!!!!!

#41 of 47 Old 07-25-2011, 06:07 AM

229 this morning so I'm down 2.  Not bad since I haven't actually joined WW yet and I'm only half counting points.  I ordered some T-Tapp exercise videos as well.  I have a friend who raves about them.

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

#42 of 47 Old 07-25-2011, 08:03 AM

180 here for me.  Gained a pound after bday and then being sick with a chest cold. :(  Only a pound, though.

#43 of 47 Old 07-27-2011, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Hope you're feeling better mylilmonkeys. One lb is not bad at all. I have come to accept that gaining a little back from time to time is part of the process. I tend to fluctuate a bit but the overall trend is down.

#44 of 47 Old 07-27-2011, 02:55 PM

Thanks!  I am mostly better, but I think I broke my toe this morning!!  My oldest daughter and I were moving the couch to mop in the living room and she pushed when I wasn't and I somehow caught my toe on it.  It snapped and is very sore and swollen. :(  Just my luck. 

#45 of 47 Old 07-27-2011, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilmonkeys View Post

Thanks!  I am mostly better, but I think I broke my toe this morning!!  My oldest daughter and I were moving the couch to mop in the living room and she pushed when I wasn't and I somehow caught my toe on it.  It snapped and is very sore and swollen. :(  Just my luck. 

Ouch! I knocked my DH's toenail off one time doing the same thing. I pushed on a desk and he wasn't ready. I hope it's not broken.

#46 of 47 Old 07-31-2011, 01:28 PM

Ugh, broken toes suck! After my first was born, I broke my foot and my 2 last toes on my right foot. Hopefully you heal very soon, mylilmonkeys!!

Folks, I have officially made it into the 130s!! I was 139 this morning when I weighed and couldn't be happier! Okay, well, when I get to my goal weight I am sure I will be happier, but I am going to celebrate this small but mighty achievement! I am eating well and exercising as much as I can and each day I feel better than the last. If I were actually getting any sleep, I know I would feel great!

#47 of 47 Old 08-01-2011, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

New thread is up! Please drop by and post stats.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page