Chasing After the Naughty Dingos, 6 years on -- July Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 284 Old 07-04-2011, 06:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think it was July or August in which we named our dear tribe. It's July 4th today, more than time for a new monthly thread.

I ran yesterday and almost killed myself doing 2 miles. Heat + Kristin don't mix well.

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 284 Old 07-04-2011, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter

Zub: a bunch of us ran while pregnant (6 years ago) - off and on. It is possible, although you run a lot more than I did when got pregnant. I'm not sure if that's sustainable.

Congrats n the house. How long until the new one is built?

Gaye: I hope you didn't get blown off. I can't imagine riding my bike that far in Ohio right now, never mind Colorado.

Nick:  Fortunately my 5.5 yr old appears to be growing out of the touching my body for comfort phase. Don't get me wrong, I'm ok with cuddling. I hope the move/househunt is going well.

Ok now I forgot all my personals and they are on the other thread. Carry on ladies.

Happy 4th.

#3 of 284 Old 07-04-2011, 08:32 AM

Happy Fourth of July!!!!
#4 of 284 Old 07-04-2011, 08:39 AM

Here's the race list for the July thread. Please PM me if you'd
like me to add something for you!

: dingo race list
:

Nemesis and dh - Minnesota Warrior Dash - July 23

tjsmama - Courage Classic Bike Tour - July 23-25

MotivatedMama - Beach to Beacon 10K - August 6

tjsmama - Ironman 70.3 Boulder - August 7

bec - Bangs Lake Multisport Festival (Olympic distance triathlon) - August 14

tjsmama -  Venus de Miles Road Ride - August 28

mommajb - Indy Women's Half Marathon - September 3

bec and bec's dh - Warrior Dash Upper Midwest - September 17

mommajb - Columbus Marathon - October 16

Nickarolaberry - Marine Corps Marathon - October 30

bec - Hot Chocolate 15K - November 5

DiannaK - Louisville Sports Comission Half Marathon - November 12

Naughty Dingo - Seattle Marathon - November 27

Nickarolaberry - Disney World Marathon - January 8, 2012

Other places to find the Dingos:

: cooking blog :

knitting blog

We have a private Yahoo group. Submit a request to join and mention your MDC
username in the request so we know who you are.

We also have a private location map. Send a PM to eksmom to get info
and join up.

Why are we called the Dingos?
See this post
#5 of 284 Old 07-04-2011, 08:39 AM

run.gif2011 Dingo Race Results  partytime.gif

babybugmama - Walt Disney World Half Marathon - January 8 (First half of Goofy challenge) - 2:21:14
babybugmama - Walt Disney World Marathon - January 9 (Completion of Goofy Challenge) - 5:08:02
Nickaroloberry - Disney Marathon - January 9, 2010 - 4:59:14 (PR!)

HomeBirthMommy - Walt Disney World Marathon - January 9, 2010 - 6:12:57

Realrellim - Frosty's Frozen 5 and 10, 10 miles - Jaunary 15 - 1:33:51

Tjsmama - Yeti Chase 10K - January 22 - 1:05:18

Realrellim - Snowman Stampede 10 miles - February 19 - 1:29:05

Nickarolaberry - Scrub J 10K - February 19 - 1:01:42

JayGee - Ofallon YMCA Indoor Triathlon - February 26 - 47:14

modmom - Disney Princess Half Marathon - February 27 - 2:16

Runningmommy - 10K - March 5 - 47:16

Nickarolaberry - Sarasota Half Marathon - March 13 - 2:03:50 (PR!)

Nickarolaberry - Springfest 5K - March 19 - 26:43 (PR!)

MelW - CVRR Half Marathon - March 20 - 2:10:51 (PR!)

poppywise - Oakland Half Marathon - March 27 - 2:34:57 (PR!)

Mel38, poppywise - Cooper River Bridge Run 10K - April 2 - 1:09:18 

bec, and bec's dh - Reach Out and Run 5K - April 9 - 37:40

Nickarolaberry - 10K - April 9 - 58:45 (PR!)

Realrellim - Platte River Half Marathon - April 10 - 1:57:38 (PR!)

Geofizz - runcbus 10 miler - April 10 - 1:34:42

Penelope - Lincoln Half Marathon - May 1 - 2:17:42

Bec - Indy Mini Half Marathon - May 7 - 2:43:20

Naughty Dingo - Lake Monona 20K - May 7 - 1:50

Naughty Dingo - Syttende Mai 20 Mile - May 14 - 3:15 

tjsmama - Summer Open Sprint Triathlon (converted to duathlon due to weather) - May 22 - 1:34:23

Mel38 - Charleston Sprin Triathlon Series - May 22 - 1:31:07

Naughty Dingo - Madison Marathon - May 29 - 4:29:43

Realrellim - Bolder Boulder 10K - May 30 - 55:33

tjsmama - Bolder Boulder 10 K - May 30 - 57:13

doctorjen - Streator YMCA Memorial Day 5K - May 30 - 27:39

bec - Naperville Triathlon - June 12 - 1:51:24 

tjsmama - Loveland Lake to Lake Triathlon - June 25 - 3:40:16

Realrellim - Grand Park Run for Independence (5 miler, but a little short) - July 2 - 44:54

doctorjen - Streator Run for Glory 5K - July 2 - 26:27

Realrellim - Middle Park Half Marathon - July 9 -  2:00:25

memiles - Warrior Dash - July 16

Realrellim - Lookout Mountain Triathlon - July 23 - 1:42:39

2010 Results 

#6 of 284 Old 07-04-2011, 08:48 AM

subbing in...

I did not run today - thunderstorms plus humidity/haze I like to breath air I cannot see especially when running. I think it will clear off enough for fireworks tonight.

The move seems to moving ahead well enough though I am very tired of saying good-byes and returning/receiving all sorts of shared items. It is emotionally draining.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#7 of 284 Old 07-04-2011, 08:55 AM

Thanks for the new thread kerc!

mommajb - oh, I hear you sister on the saying good bye.  I am so emotionally drained.  And now i need to pack like a fiend because the truck comes tomorrow!

Just a quick drive by post, because I really need to be packing.  I ran my last local 5K on Saturday, and somehow ran my fastest 5K in 5 years.  I was the first female finisher from our town, so got a big trophy!  Unfortunately, I'd already packed all my running stuff, but it was fun anyway.  Got up early today to do 10 before entering packing hell.  Farthest I've run in a while, and it felt good, and gave me time to clear my mind.

#8 of 284 Old 07-04-2011, 10:00 AM

Subbing.  Obviously I did a lousy job keeping up last month... I promise to do better this month.

I'm now in week 7 of Couch to 5K, so the walking segments are a thing of the past, making it much more important to get out before it gets too hot.  My knees are still cooperating which is awesome.  My back, not so much.

Zub, congrats on the pregnancy (and the house!)!

mommajb, good luck with the move, both the logistics and the emotions.  hug2.gif

DS (38 months) is still nursing and does the touching thing (down the shirt in public, pinching, you name it)... you mean he's gonna do this when he's 5?  Oh boy...

I have more I could say that probably should not be said here.  Maybe it's time for a yahoo update.

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#9 of 284 Old 07-04-2011, 10:23 AM

Nic - I hope things are getting better!

Mommajb and Drjen - hug.gif through this transition

Gaye - wow. That's just about all I can say. Wow.

Zub - continuing goodvibes.gif and clap.gif on the house; 10 min. to work - woot!

And that concludes personals for today, because

RR: I am done. Just got home from the most mind-over-matter 90 minutes EVER (ok, not EVER, but in memory lol.gif) My legs just would not fire, at all. I seriously talked myself through the ride and run 5 minutes at a time; "you can stop after this five minutes if you really need to" - repeat 12x. I either need AF to show up soon, or I need antibiotics redface.gif Seriously, Ive been fighting an upper respiratory bug for about 5 days. Its not getting worse but its not getting better. Lots of coughing green chunks, and worn out. The thing is, I had been coughing [still] from the March pneumonia, but its been very clear and runny. Then last week it turned green and thick and my chest started hurting and I start to get paranoid and Dh starts talking about getting me [another] xray (can we talk about how many chest xrays I had in Feb./Mar. No more please!) Anyway, bleh! But I did it, and of course this good feeling is what i suffered through those 90 minutes for thumb.gif

NRR: went to a kid birthday party yesterday. The parents and their friends are people I socialize with very rarely, even though I am very fond of the mom. Anyway, I, as usual, felt like a freshman at a senior party - alone, dorky, too sober. They all knew each other b/c most are architects and trained together, so I wasnt really in, and it's just a yucky feeling. Im an introvert, and Im ok with that, but I do feel lonely a lot, and my closest friends, the ones who really know me and make me feel un- alone in the word live in different states.... But the kids had a blast and it was a great party, so glass half full baby! Im tryin'!

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#10 of 284 Old 07-04-2011, 10:30 AM

I got totally behind on last month so decided to wait for the new thread.  Four days later.....

Zub:  Pregnancy?  House?  Congrats!

I'm sitting here on my butt, finishing my coffee.  I need to get my ass in gear if I'm going to run today.  It's my last kidless day, haven't done nearly as much as I should have except spend some quality time with my Vibrams.  Oh, and graduating from PT.  Now to stop obsessing about every bit of sensation I get and just concentrate on keeping my butt/hips strong, using good form and listening to my body.  Yeah, I suck at those things.

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
#11 of 284 Old 07-04-2011, 10:32 AM

Happy July 4th Dingos!!!

DrJ, can you add for me to the race list: Marine Corps Marathon (October 30 2011) and Disney Marathon (January something 2012)

Mamas I am a trail running convert! I LOVE the trail system that was put in about a decade ago in my hometown and I had never even known about it until two weeks ago! I have been running in there a few times now. It is challenging -- hilly, gravel, rooty, etc. But totally safe, so peaceful and shady, and so nice. The only thing is I think the downhills are a lot harder than the uphills, and some of them are scary (can't control my body). I think also I need to strengthen my ankles somehow and feet to have better footwork. I definitely feel it after in a way I don't really on the road in the same way. I'm an introvert and though I do like running with others sometimes, running on a trail in the woods is just so...nice. The other good thing is though you can get turned around you can't really get lost -- eventually you end up somewhere recognizable. And there are some signs in the trail system. I think I am getting the hang of where things are.

Off to eat something. 12.2 miles in the woods makes a person hungry. Waiting to hear about Paige and Beth's Peachtree today!!!

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#12 of 284 Old 07-04-2011, 11:41 AM
bec

So, DH and I had our 5k today.  I ran with him, so it was just a nice jog with hubby.  Then, I ran the mile kids fun run with my kids.  Fun, but the 10 year old is being a sour puss today.  With the mile brisk walk to the race (we left a little later than I would have liked) and jogging the mile back home, I put in about a 10k instead of a 5k!  Then, I hopped on my bike for 24 miles.  I am starting to gain some confidence that I will be able to finish this olympic distance tri!!!

Mama to: Katie, Emily , and Abby
Not perfect, Just amazing!
#13 of 284 Old 07-04-2011, 02:08 PM

sparkle - your reaction to the birthday party is so like how I feel much of the time. I have really been thinking about it lately as I have to meet so many new people and build a life in a new place. I am generally okay living my life but the loneliness does creep in. Just a note to say you are not alone.

drjen - good luck with the move. Our truck shows up Thursday.

nic - downhill is much harder (and harder on the knees). Our loval 10K is down hill (down a river bluff) and I have never run it because I know the resudual pain I would be in. I think quad strength would realy help but mine is not at an all time high...

eksmom, good to see you here. My own running fell off late spring for various reasons and I am building back up (to a certain point). 4 miles on tap for morning.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#14 of 284 Old 07-04-2011, 04:10 PM
bec

The making new friends is the reason that I don't want to move.  I have one very good friend locally, one very good friend in Kansas City.  These are my closest friends, who feel like sisters to me.  They get me, I get them, and I know I can be totally myself.  I have lived in this town for long enough, though, and it is small enough, that I have enough pleasant acquaintances that I am able to comfortably chat at a kid party or in a waiting room, etc. But, it has taken me over 10 years to get to this place! 

#15 of 284 Old 07-04-2011, 07:43 PM

Ok, ladies, I just registered my 2 olders for a mini tri this coming weekend. Dh will not be here, so I have to set up the transition, manage them to the start and through the transition 2x with dd2 (3 1/2) in tow. I'm a little stressed. We did a "run through" today to see if they can actually do it: they swam the distance at the gym pool (100yds) then out of the pool for shoes and helmets, and outside to the car to get the bikes out. Dh rode with them and I drove ahead the distance they will have to go (1 1/2 miles). When they reached me we loaded the bikes back into the car, and they turned around and headed back to the gym for the 3/4 mile run (I drove ahead to monitor the distance with the odometer). Unfortunately, we had them do it at 3:30pm when it was, oh, around 99 degrees redface.gif They both made it in under 30 minutes. So, here we go... blush.gif

They are 8 1/2 and 6 1/2. The 6 1/2 year old (Ds) barely made the swim... but he did. Then we went back to the pool for a family swim, where they worked on flip turns (their idea) and did several! Very cool

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#16 of 284 Old 07-04-2011, 08:34 PM

jog.gif

Very, very tired after a busy 12 hour shift. Didn't get lunch till 3! Holiday pay is a good thing.

I only kind of got blown off last night...her phone died and she fell asleep, apparently. I wish she would have at least texted me this morning, since I was kind of worried when I still hadn't heard from her by tonight. All is well, though.

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#17 of 284 Old 07-05-2011, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I,m back! still no proper computer for posting, and the ipad isn,t tops for typing...

10,000 miles, 4 lost bags, 1 tick, 1 wedding, dozens of subway, train, and bus rides, 4 gondola rides, 2 fenicular rides, nearly a thousand photos and one most wonderful time.

The kids are now doing a "we were there!" viewing of Sound of Music and denying that they are tired or jetlagged. Off to work in a bit.

Zub, many many congrats and many sticky vibes. Best tip for runningthrough pregnancy is to leave the watch at home, never record pace or distance. Go entirely on how you feel. Keep the exercise in the aerobic range, and give yourself enough time to rest between runs.
#18 of 284 Old 07-05-2011, 07:57 AM

We are back from the wedding.  Whew!  Fun but busy. :)

Zub ~ Glad to hear everything is going okay with the house and the baby. <3  This pregnancy was so different from Val's in the beginning (and continues to be), so to echo everyone else just go with the flow.  I didn't think I'd make it out alive with this one the first 12 weeks - maybe it's a boy thing. ;)

Update on our house ~ Loan paperwork is being worked on.  Water is being tested today.  All the behind the scenes work that we have nothing to do with until closing is going on.  I can't wait to get in there and get to work.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#19 of 284 Old 07-05-2011, 11:38 AM

Sparkle, I feel like that too a lot.  I especially did when DD was in preschool with the kids from the fanciest part of town.  Not sure what the answer is except to try to keep looking for people who are open to all the wonderfulness you have to offer.  Hope you are feeling better w/ your chest, etc.  The kids' tri sounds fun!  I wonder if we have anything like that here.  I need to get my DD back to swimming...

Nic, your trail run sounds awesome.  And I badly want to go back to Disney both for fun and to make good on my half-mary that fell apart last year.  Now if I could wake up to a money tree in my backyard I'd be set.

Bec the Oly distance tri sounds exciting!  I know you will do great!

mommajb hope your 4 miles went well!  I am impressed with you & DrJen for continuing to run when you are T-1 for moving... I would be a basket case with no time to spare for anything.

Geo - Hi!  I thought about you the other night while making Indian food with a jar of simmer sauce (not Trader Joe's, alas, but same concept).  :)

Hi Gaye!  So... tell me, what is your new job and how much school do you have left (if any?)... trying to get caught up and I think I saw some stuff on FB when you got the job, but wasn't entirely sure what the position was.  Dang medical abbreviations ;)

Hey JenLove, congrats on the baby and the house!  What an exciting time for your family.  :)

Just got back from a quick trip to the gym to burn off some of yesterday's food indulgence + work on the quads that complained and tried to wimp out during my last run.  3 miles in 30 minutes on the elliptical.  I am back to my lowest ever adult weight.  I think this is a serious set point/plateau to bust through and this week (with the exception of yesterday's eating) I'm giving it everything I've got.

I am teaching stats this summer and for the first time it's not all online.  We meet one night a week - Tuesday evenings.  I get to teach Type I/Type II error, power, and confidence intervals tonight and it's full of land mines.  Maybe I should take emergency chocolate for my students?  Then, from there I'm headed to rehearsal with my handbell duet partner for some pieces we're doing in church in a few weeks.  Not feeling good about those yet, so the rest of this day is about personal challenge... another reason for hitting the gym for some of those mood-boosting chemicals!  ;)

Katherine, mama to Emma Kate (7) and Griffin (3)

#20 of 284 Old 07-05-2011, 02:25 PM

So I bought one of those SkirtSports short skirts last month when they went on super duper sale. Can't remember the name of it. It's a medium and it's a bit too short for my comfort zone. Anyone want to snag a cute running skirt for like $20?

Going back up to Mass. for more househunting tomorrow. Sigh. Stay tuned...

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#21 of 284 Old 07-05-2011, 09:06 PM

Oh, hi!  innocent.gif

The middle and end of June got crazy busy, with school ending and ballet recital and all of the other junk that happens at the end of June.  So I decided to just let MDC go for awhile and pick it back up in July when I can more properly participate.  And here I am!

Zub--It sounds like congratulations are in order!  Hooray for you!

Nic--I hope the house hunting goes well.

I'll catch up with more personals soon.

We're in the midst of our crazy driving vacation, which is going surprisingly smoothly.  Day 1 we left Massachusetts, drove a couple of hours to a zoo in Connecticut and spent some time there, then drove a couple of hours to a hiking place in Pennsylvania and spent some time there, then drove another hour to Easton, PA, where the Crayola factory is located.

Day 2 we did the Crayola factory, which was really much cooler than I thought it would be, although there wasn't an actual assembly line like I'd hoped there would be.  I'd highly recommend it, though, for anyone in the area.

Then that afternoon we drove on to Philadelphia, which is a lovely city!  I love all of the historical buildings.  We saw the Liberty Bell and then checked into our hotel.  I chose it because it was the closest one (except for the Four Seasons lol.gif) to where the fireworks would be.  Luck was with us, and we were on the 23rd floor with a balcony on the right side of the hotel to look straight down the road to the stage and the fireworks!  On the Fourth we didn't do any of the historical stuff.  Bad on us.  We missed the parade and probably tons of dressing up and reenactments of historical things.  I bet someone in the city read the Declaration of Independence.  We wandered the streets, ate cheesesteak and ice cream, and let our kids dance in the huge "no swimming" fountain that apparently all of the locals swim in.  Then we got to see the awesome fireworks display from our balcony.  It was a memorable Fourth of July.

This morning we drove to Hershey, PA, and I ran this evening past the Hershey factory, where the smell of the chocolate wafting out didn't do much to help settle my stomach during my run.  Oh, and the giant dinner I'd just eaten didn't do any good, either.  Tomorrow we'll spend the day at Hershey Park, then decide what to do about heading home.

Although the kids refuse to go to bed at anything resembling a normal hour, it's been a nice vacation so far.  I even managed to run in Easton, and in Philadelphia, and today in Hershey.  Not long and not fast, but I was chuckling at myself as I packed my running stuff.  Apparently I have a bit more discipline than I thought.

Thanks for letting me pop in; I promise to be more dedicated this month!  love.gif

#22 of 284 Old 07-06-2011, 12:57 AM

nic~I might be interested in the skirt. Which one is it and what color?

eks~Nope, not done with school yet. December, which cannot come fast enough! I got a part-time job (one shift a week) at the university hospital as an advanced care partner. It's like a nursing assistant (CNA), but designed for nursing students, so I can do advanced skills that CNAs can't, like blood draws, IV starts, placing catheters. Kind of like an internship. I like my unit, the RNs are awesome, and I'm getting to practice some skills that I might not otherwise get to until I graduate and get a real job. yikes.gif Getting paid doesn't hurt, either. orngbiggrin.gif

rr~A kind of unmotivated 4+ miles this morning. Must. Run. More. Oh well, 5 days in Ohio without my bike this weekend will help with that...

Clinical was very blah tonight. We switched units early, which I'm not thrilled about. I was really enjoying the adolescent unit, and the adult unit I'm on is just not as...I don't know...fun seems the wrong word, but I'm not coming up with another at the moment. Definitely not as interesting.

And now it's 1 am and I MUST get to bed. I'm kind of freaking out. I had to get a care plan and process recording done before bed tonight (we were at clinical till 11), because I NEED to get a long ride in tomorrow before I leave because it's the last chance I'll have before the 3 day ride. So my friend and I are meeting at 7:30 in the morning (yes, in 6.5 hours) to get a 65ish mile ride in before clinical at 3. And then I have clinical till 11 again, and I fly out Thursday morning at 10:30ish. dizzy.gif

Night, all! blowkiss.gif

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#23 of 284 Old 07-06-2011, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

Large argument with spouse last night. grrr. But now I think it's better and I got in a 2mile run. Which meant I slept better, the dog slept better and everyone's more happy.

#24 of 284 Old 07-06-2011, 07:55 AM

La4 - what a fun trip. We went to Hershey park when we moved back to NM from the Philly area 2 years ago and my kids still ask when we are going back (to Hershey park). The crowds and heat can be a nightmare but again, it is burned in their memory (and in mine for other reasons lol.gif)

Gaye - I give my Dh sh** about his rides sometimes, and just recently used you as an example: he rode 40 miles w/ 5000 ft. of elevation and I said "well, a dingo rode 50 miles w/ 8000! c'mon!" lol.gif

Geo - welcome back

Jenlove - I hope the house inspection process and work goes smoothly and you have your garden and chickens soon smile.gif

Eks - I dont feel bad about the way I am so much, except that I do get tired of being alone as much as I am. Whatev. Your statistics class makes me feel like this dizzy.giffaint.gif

NRR: rest day. Sigh, I am worn out and my body doesnt seem to get the message and SLEEP. Instead, I wake at f****** 5am every f****** day. I'm hot, coughing, tired, and increasingly grumpy (ya think redface.gif) Oh well, at least Im exercising through it and happy about that.
Dh and I went for our final lead belaying class yesterday. We had to catch falls basically. When you are belaying someone who is lead climbing (as opposed to climbing w/ a top-rope) the falls are much more intense for the belayer. And moreso if the climber weighs more than you. So when I caught [this very cute hunky sweet 26 year old coach of my DD's bag.gif] he fell down and I flew up. We ended up both habging at about the same height from the floor. Its pretty scary. I need to do a lot more of it to get used to... But I mention this b/c I also did some climbing yesterday and WOWZA, a little dab 'l do ya. I think Im pretty strong these days, but felt incredibly weak, or at least not strong enough to climb what I wanted. I need to get in their and get some climber arms thumb.gif Or lose A LOT of weight lol.gif

#25 of 284 Old 07-06-2011, 10:57 AM

Gaye, it's the kick start skirt. One other person expressed interest but if she decides no in the end I'll let you know.

I'm here in Starbucks waiting for the realtor. Quite a nice little shopping center in this town, trying not to spend any $$ though so staying out of Chico's, Gap, and Talbots even though they are having major sales. Thinking I'm going to need a pretty intensive wardrobe revamp -- moving back north and having lost a lot of weight I don't have much in the way of fall/winter clothing that fits. Hmm. For another time though. I did score a Northface parka on clearance last week at REI when I went to get dd2 some Keens, for about 60% off. So that was cool. I could live in REI, I swear. Not to mention spend A LOT of money if given half the chance (and a bigger wallet).

Got in a quick 4 miles this morning. Nothing remarkable but still a nice strong run.

Later mamas. Please send good house rental hunting vibes!

#26 of 284 Old 07-06-2011, 11:16 AM

Hey Dingos!

Jo - Can't wait til you've got your blazing fast hookup!

Sparkle - That climbing stuff sounds really exciting!  I'm feeling the first whispers of "Psst, you could probably find a place to do that up here too!".   Sorry about the wake up time.  Dh and I (though much more so for him) go through that in the spring and summer here because it just gets light so freaking early!  By 4:00 the sky is getting light and if I wake up and have to pee then it's game over for going back to sleep.  My only hope of making it past 5:oo is to batten down the hatches the night before which I frequently don't do because it gets all stuffy and gross with dh and the dog farting away all night.  eyesroll.gif

Eks - Good to see you here!

Nick - Good luck house hunting!

Gaye - I cannot fathom your energy level lady.  It's super human.

La4 - That trip sounds really fun. 

Geo - Likewise.  I remember doing the same post-trip viewing of Sound of Music, I hadn't remembered any of the scenes while I was there but it was fun to see it afterwards.  That was all back in the pre-VCR days.  Anyone remember those? :)

Kerc - Sorry about the fight, glad about the sound sleep though!

DrJen - Happy travels!  I hope the moving is going smoothly!blowkiss.gif

Mommajb - ANd same to you, just the thought of all that exchanging shared items makes me feel all misty and wistful.

Bec - That job sounds kind of fun, I never hit malls with B&BW but I like being able to picture you somewhere specific.

Our fourth was lots of fun.  We had a great time in the parade and then went to a big community picnic afterwards where we ate unusually junky food and C won the kids' egg and spoon race.  THen in the evening we watched the fireworks from my mom's balcony, the fist nice thing we've done at her place.  DH is really allergic to her (apartment) and normally can't tolerate more than a few minutes inside.  I always get antsy too because she only uses really fancy dishes and glasses and it's all just so impractical it drives me nuts.  She probably feels the same when she comes over here and we're all drinking wine out of recycled jars. lol.gif

RR: Today I was at the pool early despite desperately wanting to be in bed still (see above) and we did a lot of sprints and then recoveries as if dragging a body or swimming with a brick or doing imaginary deep water spinals.  By the end my arms were shaking so I'm calling it a workout.

Later I'm taking the kids back to the pool for another hour and a half so that should top me off a bit more too. 

VibramsR: Still love them though I haven't run in them again.  I did march in the parade in them though. Not that walking at a snails pace for less than a mile can be considered a workout!

Here's a link  to some pictures from the parade.  Our group is about halfway down the page, Dh is driving the tractor pulling the "float" (not a very cleverly decorated one - alas)

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#27 of 284 Old 07-06-2011, 12:34 PM
bec

As with the others, I am also in awe of your energy, Gaye.  Or tenacity for getting it all done in spite of exhaustion.  Either one is remarkable! 

Nic - Good luck with the house hunting.  I hope the perfect abode just appears!  And to add a me too on living in the REI.  Actually, that could solve your housing problems.  They usually have tents set up there, right?

Kerc - Sorry about the fight.  I hate it when I argue with DH.  And it has seemed that we have been not quite on the same page lately too, although it seems to be shifting.  But hurray for the good night's sleep!

Sparkle - That belaying class sounds really amazing and terrifying!  I have been thinking of you as I scramble up and down the ladder at work to the little loft where all the fixtures are stored!  lol.gif

Plady - My store is not in a proper mall.  More a fancy strip mall that is anchored by a Whole Foods.  It's about to get REAL!

Editing to add my activities!  In addition to all the scrambling (I worked last night for 3 hours), There was a lot of lifting of soap, wall flowers, candles and lotion.  I am thinking of writing a book called the New Rules of Lifting Soap!  Anyway, that was it for yesterday, but I am going to tri class tonight.  There is the promise of 5 miles of warmup bike ride followed by 10 miles of hill work!bigeyes.gif

#28 of 284 Old 07-06-2011, 12:39 PM

Nic - maybe I AM that low rent, but have you looked at Craigslist? We have found places several times there, the most recent being in DE that year. Never used a realtor ... for anything actually ... bought our house fsbo. Good Luck!! (Oh, and yes I did end up at Kid Gap yesterday whilst out shopping for a swimsuit for myself bag.giflol.gif)

Plady - Yes Yes and Yes, on the dark room (I add another layer of curtains in the summer), the stuffiness (ehem) and the mom, or in my case MIL dishes vs. our jars! lol.gif And yes, I would call that a work-out too thumb.gif

RR: After several years of music player incarnations (from the walkman to the MP3) I am finally moving up to the ipod. That's right ladies, watch out lol.gif So Ive been working on a playlist for cycling/running, and apparently the word f*** is very motivating to me b/c it is in a lot of the songs I'm choosing (like "f*** and run" for example) lol.gif To each her own I guess orngtongue.gif

#29 of 284 Old 07-06-2011, 03:03 PM
bec

Sparkle - I have found that the "f" word is very motivating when running!ROTFLMAO.gif

#30 of 284 Old 07-06-2011, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

eks, so lovely to see you here, Mama.

Sparkle, Mommajb, eks... another me too on the socializing thing and feeling a bit lonely. I am pretty introverted in many ways and yet it is also the case that I crave some 'easy' company. I find a lot of interaction to be very effortful even when I really like people.

Jenlove, I am so excited for you! I'm looking forward to seeing pics!

Lalala, it sounds from FB like you're been enjoying your vacation...!

Kerc, are things better this evening?

Thanks, everyone, again... I am still pregnant, still anxious, still tired. Thanks for the advice running. I have been dong a pretty easy loop and not looking at my garmin (just as well as it tells me at the end that I kind of suck lol.gif ) I've been walking up steep inclines and stopping for water and rest whenever I fancy. I've been taking my iPhone and taking pics of things I don't notice too much when I am 'training'. I've really been enjoying it, actually. I'm going to see how things go and adjust accordingly. I did have quite awful GD last time and I cannot remember when it really kicked in... (yes, Jenlove, these boys are HARD)!) and I am part dreading but part wanting it to return so that I would feel reassured.

Any advice: DS (who will be 2 tomorrow) has a rash that started on his thighs and has spread everywhere. I took him to the nurse practitioner on Sat to make sure it wasn't anything like chicken pox that can be dangerous to a pregnant woman, and she suggested that it was simply a viral rash. The thing is he hasn't been sick or had a fever.. maybe some diarrhea but nothing that is making him unhappy. The rash isn't itchy but it is getting worse (now it's blotchy all over his back). Any experience with this, or ideas how long it will last? It's not causing him discomfort but it is making his rash-phobic mother insane bag.gif

mama to DS 7/09 and DS 10/12 and married to DH

Tags
Running From The Inside Out , Healing Add Simple Exercises That Will Change Your Daily Life , Natures Ritalin For The Marathon Mind Nurturing Your Adhd Child With Exercise , Add Adhd Drug Free Natural Alternatives And Practical Exercises To Help Your Child Focus

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page