Anyone NOT have trouble losing weight with Mirena? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-11-2011, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

I've been through the threads in family planning, but wanted specific input regarding weight loss with Mirena.  I only have about 5 lbs. that I'm working on losing, but I've read that a lot of women have trouble losing any weight while having the Mirena.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Mom to 2 amazing girlies, Feb. '08 and May '10.joy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-14-2011, 07:27 PM

I got Mirena 6 weeks after my DS was born 3 years ago, and lost all of my pregnancy weight + 20 lbs in 9 months. 

sleepytime.gifjog.gifSleepy, running, wife to superhero.gif DH 08/09 -  Mama to jog.gif DS 8/08 & love.gif DD 1/11

"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. " - Japanese Proverb

#3 of 3 Old 07-16-2011, 05:06 PM

Hi,

I have mirena and am losing weight.  I do a lot of running 4-5 times per week and have just recently started cutting back a bit on food.  I wanted to make sure my milk supply stayed up as I'm nursing twins (1yr old).  I have lost 10 pounds in 4 months, but I wanted it to be slow.  I have lost 2 dress sizes though, so I think I have lost more fat than the weight would lead you to believe.  So, while I have not had quick weight loss, it has come off, even after having the mirena for 3 months.

slingtwin.gifMontessori teacher working part time and trying to keep up with the kiddos. blowkiss.gif DD1 (June 08)ROTFLMAO.gif DS1 (June 10)love.gif DD2 (June 10)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page