Postpartum Weight Loss - August! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 08-18-2011, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificbliss View Post

I seem to be getting my groove back. Even though DD is still nursing (mostly at night) I dropped the nursing mother points on weight watchers. As long as I drink a lot of water it does not seem to have affected milk supply and it looks like I will push through a plateau this week. Even though I have far to go still I am starting to like what I see in the mirror.

Yeah! Plateaus can mess with your mind. Good for you for breaking through it.joy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracymom1 View Post

Oh Mamas! The motivation thing is so hard. You know what keeps me on track - seriously - the ONLY thing that keeps me on track???!!!

MY 20 YEAR HIGH SCHOOL REUNION!!!

It is happening in December and I'll be damned if I don't kick some of this weight before then. I am going to look good. Period. I also have 3 (possibly 4) weddings to attend next year and I really want to be able to buy or make some pretty new dresses. I have spent several years now being a frumpy mom and I will not tolerate that any longer!

I think the most important thing to remember is that exercise does not only get you to a good weight, it also feels good and helps you achieve longevity and healthfulness. I want to be around for my babies when they start having babies, and I am by no means a young mom so I have to work hard to stay healthy.

I also decided I am going to run the Chicago marathon next year. I am signing up and paying the fee the first day that I can so look out world! Here I come a-runnin'!!

Update: 136. Yay! joy.gif

This was a motivational post. I'm not a young mother either(my 20yr reunion has come and gone), and I totally here you on having to work hard just to stay healthy. While I'd love to look good, my main motivator is to feel good and have tons of energy, low blood pressure & cholesterol, etc. It's true about exercise. I honestly can't imagine my life without it.

Good for you on the marathon & the 136! joy.gif

AFM - I'm doing good trucking right along with WW and exercising 5-6 days a week. Weight is very slowly coming off, but it is coming off and I'm starting to feel a difference in my clothes. I'm in a good place mentally and feel like I will be able to stick with this lifestyle for the long haul.

Update on my weight: 146lbs

Hope everyone else is doing good too!

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 47 Old 08-19-2011, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Wow, congratulations to all the mamas losing weight!   I need to come to this thread more often to get motivated. thumb.gif

tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

#33 of 47 Old 08-19-2011, 11:50 PM

Blech. Hurt my shoulder working out this week, AND got my period, both of which have slowed me down a bit. I worked my abs and ran this week while resting my shoulder, and plan to hit up the gym tomorrow morning for a solid leg workout + run. My shoulder is feeling better, but I'm going to build back up slowly...need to warm up better!! I've been doing pretty well with eating, minus my special mom's night out at the movies which led to candy and soda...but moderation is key! I've been able to turn down bad foods several times just by imagining what I'd feel like *after* I ate them...physically, I mean. Sugar and carbs just make me feel so icky physically and that icky feeling is finally starting to overcome the craving feeling. Another good motivating factor: My boyfriend is coming home from pre-deployment training in about 2 weeks, and I really want to lose a few more lbs before then. We will have been apart about 5 weeks and I know I've already lost a few lbs and built a little muscle since he left. He is the perfect balance of encouraging me towards my goals, yet also accepting of me exactly how I am <3

I know I've heard you retain water when you're menstruating...anyone know if that's true? I've been holding steady at 158-159 the last few days and I'm hoping that that's my uterus' fault since I was at 156 just 8 days ago :(

Single mama to S ~ 6/09

#34 of 47 Old 08-23-2011, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

ihugtrees- I hope you got your workouts in. I think it is true that you retain water while menstruating. Sorry your shoulder hurts, hope it gets better soon.

I did in fact get through that plateau and saw 169.0 on the scale Sunday. This morning it was even lower bu I think I will leave it at 169.

I have done a major overhaul of the first page so please check your info and make sure it's still correct.

#35 of 47 Old 08-25-2011, 03:26 PM

Well, I'm out.  Baby #9 is on the way.  Sometime in April or May, I don't know as there was no AF, no fertile signs.  Starting to get over the shock of last Sat. test result even though my body had been telling me I'm pregnant for a week before.  What a wild adventure!

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#36 of 47 Old 08-25-2011, 05:51 PM

wow mylilmonkeys how old is your newest lil one? I wanna say I remember you from the DDCs ? Is that going to throw a monkeywrench (pun intended) in your physical and financial fitness goals? I was reading NEVER SAY DIET by Chantel Hobbs. In the book she gets to the point where she's 110% commited to her weightloss and then surprisingly becomes pregnant. It's a good weightloss read. I got my first PPAF a little over a month ago and we had an oops mid month. I really thought I had a chance to be pregnant again. took about ten tests and they all say no even though AF is yet to show up. I am nursing a lot more though. I'm home on disability right now.

Had my MRI yesterday and am waiting on the results to see if I need surgery. I'm back on the pain meds and having a really hard time. A lot of the time I feel dizzy and sick to my stomach. The only thing that really helps is food in my stomach. I spoke to the pediatrician and he says the meds are a catch 22. I need to be physically able to be there for the kids but the medicine does go through my milk. So I am dealing with a bit of guilt an anger about my health. I really need to be active and excersize too but I'm just not well enough.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#37 of 47 Old 08-25-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilmonkeys View Post

Well, I'm out.  Baby #9 is on the way.  Sometime in April or May, I don't know as there was no AF, no fertile signs.  Starting to get over the shock of last Sat. test result even though my body had been telling me I'm pregnant for a week before.  What a wild adventure!

Congrats mama!! Wow - I am sure this news is pretty shocking. Best of luck with your pregnancy and expanding family!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#38 of 47 Old 08-25-2011, 07:50 PM

The twins are only 5 mo old!!!  Poof, I'm pregnant.  No warning, nada.  But, I decided I'm happy, and I am.  I'm honestly too exhausted to spend any time at all worrying about 3 little ones 13 mo and younger.  Crazy, but as with all hard things, it will get better.  I am NOT looking forward to telling family.  I'm thinking about composing an email which demonstrates that we have accepted this little one with JOY and they better too, and not give us grief about it.  

Fitness goals...well at least I took all the weight off from the twin pregnancy already.  I'm several pounds under where I started with them.  Not where I'd like to be by a long shot, but it beats doing all that hard work only to get preggo again. LOL  

Financial goals... we may end up dipping into the EF for midwife fees.  We'll see.  I have the luxury of being able to wait to pay her until close to the end if necessary.  Since I apprenticed with my midwife for over a year and am on my fourth pregnancy with her, we know each other real well.  I can wait and see what the tax return brings, hopefully find a vehicle that we can squeeze three buckets, two boosters and a 5 pt. harness seat, as well as the three that are not in a seat.  We probably could squeeze another bucket in our current van, but we've been planning on an upgrade to a newish 15 passenger anyway.  Then we'll decide if we need to dip into the EF.  Dh may have a good leftover on his student grants, too.  And, if it turns out to be another set of twins, I'll just go the hospital route and actually use our insurance for a change.  Yippee.  We are THAT close to BS3, so that really helps.  Dh will be graduating just about the time this new one arrives, and pray to God he provides a new job with growth potential. 

#39 of 47 Old 08-26-2011, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Congratulations mylilmonkeys! That's exciting! joy.gif

Trekkingirl- I'm sorry you're going through so much. I hope you won't need surgery. hug2.gif

No weight loss here, but last night I bought a bunch of fruit so I can make smoothies. I think I'm eating too much junk. What really honks me off is that my husband just dropped about 15 pounds without trying. irked.gif

tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

#40 of 47 Old 08-26-2011, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

mylilmonkeys- Congratulations!! Oh my goodness. I think I am a little bit in shock for you. I would definitely send out an email indicating surprise but joy. Save yourself the immediate reaction of at least some people.

trekkingirl- I m sorry you're in pain and hope you don't need surgery. I do wish companies would do more investigation into how much of a drug passes through the breastmilk. Try not to feel guilty, we all do what we can.

mamapigeon- I so hear you. My DH has been doing WW for like 2 months now and lost as much weight as I have in 9 months. It's infuriating.

#41 of 47 Old 08-26-2011, 11:22 AM

Ugh Men always seem to be able to drop weight quicker than women. I think it is because they have a greater muscle mass than most of us and that helps burn off extra fat. DH can loose 5 pounds by blinking his eyes, I swear!

I have held steady this week... I haven't been able to exercise like I usually do because there has been some family stuff going on. But at least I haven't gained any back! I won't be able to get a workout in until Sunday so I am already starting to feel a little itchy. I need the endorphins!!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#42 of 47 Old 08-26-2011, 03:05 PM

every time I buy fruit for smoothies I make a few and enjoy them..... then I end up snacking on frozen fruit. It's a great healthy snack during summer heat. My favs are frozen mango and frozen strawberries.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#43 of 47 Old 08-26-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilmonkeys View Post

The twins are only 5 mo old!!!  Poof, I'm pregnant.  No warning, nada.  But, I decided I'm happy, and I am.  I'm honestly too exhausted to spend any time at all worrying about 3 little ones 13 mo and younger.  Crazy, but as with all hard things, it will get better.  I am NOT looking forward to telling family.  I'm thinking about composing an email which demonstrates that we have accepted this little one with JOY and they better too, and not give us grief about it.  

Fitness goals...well at least I took all the weight off from the twin pregnancy already.  I'm several pounds under where I started with them.  Not where I'd like to be by a long shot, but it beats doing all that hard work only to get preggo again. LOL  

Financial goals... we may end up dipping into the EF for midwife fees.  We'll see.  I have the luxury of being able to wait to pay her until close to the end if necessary.  Since I apprenticed with my midwife for over a year and am on my fourth pregnancy with her, we know each other real well.  I can wait and see what the tax return brings, hopefully find a vehicle that we can squeeze three buckets, two boosters and a 5 pt. harness seat, as well as the three that are not in a seat.  We probably could squeeze another bucket in our current van, but we've been planning on an upgrade to a newish 15 passenger anyway.  Then we'll decide if we need to dip into the EF.  Dh may have a good leftover on his student grants, too.  And, if it turns out to be another set of twins, I'll just go the hospital route and actually use our insurance for a change.  Yippee.  We are THAT close to BS3, so that really helps.  Dh will be graduating just about the time this new one arrives, and pray to God he provides a new job with growth potential. 

Congrats! joy.gif I just had my 9th in May.

#44 of 47 Old 08-26-2011, 06:57 PM

I hear you all on the men losing quicker thing. My dh started WW with me a little over a month ago, and he's lost a lot more than me. He sees the scale move everyday, while it's taking me a week to a week and a half to lose 1 pound.

Pacificbliss - If you could update me - I'm down to 145! Thanks!!

#45 of 47 Old 08-27-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibusymomto5 View Post

Congrats! joy.gif I just had my 9th in May.

Congrats to you, too! 

And sorry for the off topic, ladies!!  I'll be back in 9 months or so. ;)

#46 of 47 Old 08-27-2011, 01:40 PM

oh and frozen grapes

#47 of 47 Old 09-01-2011, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

September thread is up! Please take a minute to review your stats. I am under 170!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page