Why am I fat? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 15 Old 08-28-2011, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter
 
ktmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Beautiful Boulder
Posts: 2,304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

OK, I'm not exactly "fat" by American standards, but I have been carrying around 15 extra pounds since the birth of my dd six years ago and my belly is getting BIGGER, not smaller, even after three months of back to the gym four days a week.  So, I'm wondering if my gut is related to:

 

extended bfeeding - have heard that after 12 months the body actually holds onto weight.  My son is 27 months and we still nurse three to four times a day.   Yes, I am still making milk.

diet - sometimes certain foods/bevs give me gas (sorry if TMI), but I've never had sensitivities per se.  My diet is overall pretty healthy and I keep a good sized garden/cook at home/believe in balance, but I do drink a soda a week and a few mochas a week.

hormones - I'm 46, so that could be contributing

muscle problems - what's that called when your stomach muscles come apart when you're pg?

 

Anyway, after a two year absence during which I walked pretty regularly, I'm back in the gym three to four times a week for 30 minutes of weights and 30 minutes of cardio.  My endurance is great and my muscles in my legs, back and arms are getting nicely defined.  Any suggestions for the middle of me and how to deal with this weight?  I seriously can't even wear a t-shirt anymore.

 

Thanks!


Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
ktmama is offline  
#2 of 15 Old 08-30-2011, 07:49 AM
 
Cavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Norfolk, UK
Posts: 449
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Not an expert, but am nearly 44 :).

I suggest it's age + hormones + history... but also, it wasn't clear to me that any of the exercise you do especially tones the stomach muscles, that might help?  Just keeping very good posture (because that depends on strong stomach muscles, too).

 

I have a nagging feeling when you said you can't even wear a t-shirt any more... are you that bloated, have things changed a lot in  last 3 months?  I wonder if you should get it checked out.


~ Yank Transplant to Britain and Zookeeper of 4 DC age 10 and under. ~
Cavy is offline  
#3 of 15 Old 08-30-2011, 09:22 AM
 
peainthepod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chasing sanity
Posts: 2,342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Disclaimer: I'm not a physical trainer or nutritionist, just a fitness junkie who has been into it for many years and reads a lot about diet and exercise. I run twenty miles a week and take an intense fitness class twice a week to stay in shape, and maintain a very clean diet while breastfeeding a ten-month-old. Right now I'm pretty much at my goal weight and just working on meeting my own running goals and toning up.

 

Hey, mama!

 

When you say your belly is getting bigger, do you mean you're steadily gaining weight? Or do you mean it feels like you're looking more and more preggo while the rest of your body stays mostly the same?
 

If you have diastasis recti, which is the thing where your ab muscles separate and don't come back together after pregnancy, doing crunches or other ab-focused exercises can actually make your belly look rounder and more "poochy". If you think this is what's happening, it'd be worth checking out Pilates and/or physical therapy to figure out ways to strengthen your core and help repair the DR. Surgery is needed for extreme cases, but my postpartum Pilates instructor (who's also a physical therapist) told me that in her many years of working with post-pregnancy bodies, she's only seen one or two people who couldn't fix their diastasis issues with a belly band and regular PT or Pilates work. There are some great Pilates videos available on Youtube, or you can order some from Amazon, or just take a few postpartum classes (I'm sure your gym can help you find some).

 

As for why you might be gaining weight or not losing the extra weight you have, the short and most annoying answer is that you're consuming more calories than you're burning. More calories going in than calories going out = weight gain. Assuming you're not pregnant or on medications that drastically slow the metabolism, what's probably happening is you're overeating. A 12-ounce regular soda is about 130-150 calories; I don't know what size mochas you're drinking, but that's a lot of empty calories right there. I was shocked to figure out that a large unsweetened skim latte still has 200-plus calories! When I was having one or even two of those a day, I thought I was being "good" but really, it was a huge calorie surplus that I didn't need. A full fat or flavored coffee is a huge source of empty calories and even just a few a week can really add up.

 

The way I've been successful at countering this sort of accidental overeating is by keeping a food diary from time to time. I always read labels to find out what a serving size is and how many calories are in that serving, and when I feel like my diet could be better, I document every single thing that goes into my mouth. This keeps me accountable and on track. It was also really shocking when I first started doing this to realize how tiny a serving size actually is compared to what I always thought it was. Most people have "some chips" without counting out like "about 16 chips" or weighing out 1 ounce, which is what the label will describe as a serving size. But eyeing it or having "just a few" is how we overeat, especially with junkier foods. Even organic baked corn chips have a ton of oil and salt, for instance, and it's easy to eat way more than one serving size if we aren't paying attention. If a package of "healthy" cookies has 10 servings in it and each serving is only, say, 80 calories, it's still overeating when you don't realize or care that a serving is one cookie and eating four of them just put you at about the same caloric value as a healthy lunch... I used to do stuff like this all the time before I started keeping track and holding myself accountable.

 

You might want to get a cheap kitchen food scale to weigh portions. You won't have to do this forever, but it's imperative that you learn how much a serving actually is versus what you think it is and usually eat. For example, a 5- or 6-ounce serving of meat is about the size and thickness of a deck of cards. How many Americans eat much bigger meat portions than that? Most of us, I'd bet. Keeping a food diary and sticking to strict portions sizes allows you to control your caloric intake, which leads me to my next little mini essay. winky.gif

 

To lose a pound of fat, you need to burn 3500 calories. So to lose a pound a week, which is a healthy and sustainable amount and less likely to lead to the yo-yo up-down effect than crash dieting, you need to burn 500 calories more per day than you take in (-500 x 7 days a week = -3500 calories per week = 1 pound of fat lost). Depending on a number of factors, like your current weight and height, your activity level, whether you're breastfeeding, etc., your caloric needs number will be very specific to you. There are lots of caloric needs calculators online; I like this one because it gives you several options. Don't starve yourself, but don't let yourself overeat either. If you want to have a splurge day once a week, keep it sane. You can easily undo all your calorie cutting from the week before with a single restaurant meal! Avoid restaurants if you can, because portions are way huge and almost all restaurants add massive amounts of fat and salt to their food to improve flavor.

 

Weigh yourself once a week to stay on track; try to weigh yourself at the same time of day as your weight can fluctuate wildly depending on when you last ate and other factors. It can also fluctuate from day to day, so weighing yourself daily might be more discouraging than just a single weekly weigh-in. And remember that muscle really does weigh more than fat, so weight is way less important than body fat percentage and measurements like waist circumference. I'm now in the shape of my life and actually weigh a little more than I did when I was at my skinniest after DS. But I'm a pants size slimmer and trim and toned instead of the dreaded "skinny-fat".

 

Going to the gym three to four times a week is great, and you should keep it up! But weight loss is almost entirely dependent on what you put in your mouth. Overall fitness requires a controlled diet and exercise and being healthy is (I hope) your ultimate goal. Being healthy and having a body you enjoy looking at may require some weight loss and specific types of exercise, but those are both achievable if you're willing to hit the gym a few times a week and really work at it.

 

My apologies if you already knew all this information; it sounds so simple but until I really accepted that every single calorie I put into my mouth counts, I had trouble shedding that last 10 pounds of baby weight. Once I started a food diary, it fell off almost effortlessly. Low calorie, nutrient-dense foods are easy to find (grape tomatoes, carrot sticks, apples, berries, bananas, the list is endless) and will keep you feeling fuller longer than junk. You don't ever have to be hungry while you're cutting calories (though you may feel hungry from time to time, which is perfectly normal) if you have access to lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and are willing to drink a large glass of water instead of a soda or something similarly fattening.

 

One last thing that really helps me is to think of food as fuel. Instead of telling myself I'm "on a diet", I realize that "diet" literally means "what I eat". It's a little mind trick that has totally changed my relationship with food for the better. I don't reward myself with a dessert or a glass of rich beer; I just factor it into my daily calorie allowance and allow myself to eat it as long as I cut calories somewhere else. Instead of seeing this as depriving myself, I just look at it as a balancing act. That slice of chocolate cake will be delicious! But it will also cost me the cheese plate I was planning to have for dinner...and that's okay. I'll have veggies, cottage cheese, and fruit instead.

 

I also noticed that as I got into better shape, heavy, fattening foods became far less appealing. I'd rather snack on raw vegetables than something like chips and salsa, which I never thought I'd be able to say. The old saying "you are what you eat" is truer than we may realize. smile.gif

*bejeweled* and funkymamajoy like this.

Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

 

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

peainthepod is offline  
#4 of 15 Old 08-30-2011, 02:32 PM
 
zoshamosha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 740
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Super awesome post pea in the pod! Thank you for that.

zoshamosha is offline  
#5 of 15 Old 08-30-2011, 05:08 PM
 
peainthepod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chasing sanity
Posts: 2,342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm glad someone found it useful! I was a little overcaffeinated when I posted that this morning. lol.gif


Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

 

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

peainthepod is offline  
#6 of 15 Old 09-16-2011, 11:34 PM
 
Mom31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: America
Posts: 3,634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I found it useful to... I too have become very bloated and gained 40 lbs recently after weighing 108 most of my adult life.  This is new to me and I am struggling with it. The information was great for me. Thank you for typing it all out.


mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

 

 

Mom31 is offline  
#7 of 15 Old 09-17-2011, 06:23 AM
 
*bejeweled*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
notes.gif Great post. I have the same issue right now.

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
*bejeweled* is offline  
#8 of 15 Old 09-17-2011, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter
 
ktmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Beautiful Boulder
Posts: 2,304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wow!  Thank you so much for that very informative post!  I'm not much of a calorie counter and my main goal is to be healthy, not skinny.  I do want to look good, though, but honestly I'm just not into depriving myself (right now anyway).  I do appreciate the information, though and my main focus is to be healthy and to be a positive role model for my kids - particularly my daughters.


Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
ktmama is offline  
#9 of 15 Old 09-18-2011, 07:56 AM
 
peainthepod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chasing sanity
Posts: 2,342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm so sorry I wasn't more clear. I don't deprive myself either! In fact, I think depriving yourself is the best way to sabotage a healthy diet. The goal is not to be skinny--far from it. I want to be lean, muscular, and strong, which is basically impossible if you aren't getting enough calories. The more athletic I am the more calories I need, so please don't get the idea that I'm advocating starvation or deprivation! I run between two and ten miles on any given day (I'm training for a half marathon in October) and there is no way I'm doing one of my long runs if I haven't eaten enough. Food is fuel. My car can't run with an empty gas tank and neither can I.

 

Like I said, it's a balancing act, not "going on a diet". For instance, last night DH and I had a huge pasta dinner and tiramisu afterwards at a great little Italian place. Because I ate so heavily yesterday, I'll be eating lighter today (but not starving myself!). So it's lots of fresh fruit and vegetables and low-fat yogurt and sliced turkey and other lean proteins today instead of, say, buttered raisin toast or rice or pasta or my usual daily serving of dark chocolate. I eat those things all the time too, just maybe not the day after I stuffed myself nearly to bursting on rich restaurant food. Does that make sense? I eat when I'm hungry but I try to make sure that my diet is balanced. Right now, because of last night's wonderful indulgence, it's tipped heavily towards huge amounts of carbs and fat and sugar plus (I'm sure) way too much sodium. So I need to bring it back into balance by eating lots of fiber, protein, and as much fresh plant matter as I can find. smile.gif

I'd hate for you to think I starve myself or live on celery sticks and Smart Water or something. Eating well and exercising regularly enough to maintain basic fitness both require a total lifestyle change, not something as destructive and unhealthy as crash dieting. It's as mental as it is physical, at least in my experience.

 

However you do it, good luck to you! I'm so glad your goal is to be healthy instead of thin and that you're conscious of the example you're setting for your daughters.


Loving wife partners.gif and mama to my sweet little son coolshine.gif (Fall 2008) and a beautiful baby girl babyf.gif(Fall 2010)

 

When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty. --George Bernard Shaw

peainthepod is offline  
#10 of 15 Old 10-03-2011, 05:55 PM
 
LCBMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 944
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just wanted to wave at you, OP, because I'm almost 44, and honestly it's starting to become clear to me that pre-menopausal changes actually apply to me now, not just those Other 40something Women. And I think the combo of post partum, lactating, pre-menopause.... what a whammy.  Also, the advice that works great for all those youthful ladies is not always right for ... us. So, not offering any advice, just saying hi from this side of 40. It really makes a difference.


Mom of one child (2008), wife of one husband, tender of dogs, cats and chickens. Household interests: ocean life (kid), bitcoins (husband), simplifying (me).

LCBMAX is offline  
#11 of 15 Old 10-03-2011, 07:32 PM
 
mtbmomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Have you looked into primal eating?  It has worked well for many people in the same boat.  Check out primalblueprint.com if you're interested.  I didn't really need to lose much weight when I started eating primal, but I feel a lot better eating this way.  My stomach seems to be leaning out a lot too, and that has always been my main problem area.

mtbmomma is offline  
#12 of 15 Old 10-06-2011, 05:21 PM
lab
 
lab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: everywhere baby!
Posts: 3,649
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)



I love this post!  This is how I live my life!  From the eating to running and then taking weight training...

 

Love love love it!!!!

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peainthepod View Post

Disclaimer: I'm not a physical trainer or nutritionist, just a fitness junkie who has been into it for many years and reads a lot about diet and exercise. I run twenty miles a week and take an intense fitness class twice a week to stay in shape, and maintain a very clean diet while breastfeeding a ten-month-old. Right now I'm pretty much at my goal weight and just working on meeting my own running goals and toning up.

 

Hey, mama!

 

When you say your belly is getting bigger, do you mean you're steadily gaining weight? Or do you mean it feels like you're looking more and more preggo while the rest of your body stays mostly the same? 

If you have diastasis recti, which is the thing where your ab muscles separate and don't come back together after pregnancy, doing crunches or other ab-focused exercises can actually make your belly look rounder and more "poochy". If you think this is what's happening, it'd be worth checking out Pilates and/or physical therapy to figure out ways to strengthen your core and help repair the DR. Surgery is needed for extreme cases, but my postpartum Pilates instructor (who's also a physical therapist) told me that in her many years of working with post-pregnancy bodies, she's only seen one or two people who couldn't fix their diastasis issues with a belly band and regular PT or Pilates work. There are some great Pilates videos available on Youtube, or you can order some from Amazon, or just take a few postpartum classes (I'm sure your gym can help you find some).

 

As for why you might be gaining weight or not losing the extra weight you have, the short and most annoying answer is that you're consuming more calories than you're burning. More calories going in than calories going out = weight gain. Assuming you're not pregnant or on medications that drastically slow the metabolism, what's probably happening is you're overeating. A 12-ounce regular soda is about 130-150 calories; I don't know what size mochas you're drinking, but that's a lot of empty calories right there. I was shocked to figure out that a large unsweetened skim latte still has 200-plus calories! When I was having one or even two of those a day, I thought I was being "good" but really, it was a huge calorie surplus that I didn't need. A full fat or flavored coffee is a huge source of empty calories and even just a few a week can really add up.

 

The way I've been successful at countering this sort of accidental overeating is by keeping a food diary from time to time. I always read labels to find out what a serving size is and how many calories are in that serving, and when I feel like my diet could be better, I document every single thing that goes into my mouth. This keeps me accountable and on track. It was also really shocking when I first started doing this to realize how tiny a serving size actually is compared to what I always thought it was. Most people have "some chips" without counting out like "about 16 chips" or weighing out 1 ounce, which is what the label will describe as a serving size. But eyeing it or having "just a few" is how we overeat, especially with junkier foods. Even organic baked corn chips have a ton of oil and salt, for instance, and it's easy to eat way more than one serving size if we aren't paying attention. If a package of "healthy" cookies has 10 servings in it and each serving is only, say, 80 calories, it's still overeating when you don't realize or care that a serving is one cookie and eating four of them just put you at about the same caloric value as a healthy lunch... I used to do stuff like this all the time before I started keeping track and holding myself accountable.

 

You might want to get a cheap kitchen food scale to weigh portions. You won't have to do this forever, but it's imperative that you learn how much a serving actually is versus what you think it is and usually eat. For example, a 5- or 6-ounce serving of meat is about the size and thickness of a deck of cards. How many Americans eat much bigger meat portions than that? Most of us, I'd bet. Keeping a food diary and sticking to strict portions sizes allows you to control your caloric intake, which leads me to my next little mini essay. winky.gif

 

To lose a pound of fat, you need to burn 3500 calories. So to lose a pound a week, which is a healthy and sustainable amount and less likely to lead to the yo-yo up-down effect than crash dieting, you need to burn 500 calories more per day than you take in (-500 x 7 days a week = -3500 calories per week = 1 pound of fat lost). Depending on a number of factors, like your current weight and height, your activity level, whether you're breastfeeding, etc., your caloric needs number will be very specific to you. There are lots of caloric needs calculators online; I like this one because it gives you several options. Don't starve yourself, but don't let yourself overeat either. If you want to have a splurge day once a week, keep it sane. You can easily undo all your calorie cutting from the week before with a single restaurant meal! Avoid restaurants if you can, because portions are way huge and almost all restaurants add massive amounts of fat and salt to their food to improve flavor.

 

Weigh yourself once a week to stay on track; try to weigh yourself at the same time of day as your weight can fluctuate wildly depending on when you last ate and other factors. It can also fluctuate from day to day, so weighing yourself daily might be more discouraging than just a single weekly weigh-in. And remember that muscle really does weigh more than fat, so weight is way less important than body fat percentage and measurements like waist circumference. I'm now in the shape of my life and actually weigh a little more than I did when I was at my skinniest after DS. But I'm a pants size slimmer and trim and toned instead of the dreaded "skinny-fat".

 

Going to the gym three to four times a week is great, and you should keep it up! But weight loss is almost entirely dependent on what you put in your mouth. Overall fitness requires a controlled diet and exercise and being healthy is (I hope) your ultimate goal. Being healthy and having a body you enjoy looking at may require some weight loss and specific types of exercise, but those are both achievable if you're willing to hit the gym a few times a week and really work at it.

 

My apologies if you already knew all this information; it sounds so simple but until I really accepted that every single calorie I put into my mouth counts, I had trouble shedding that last 10 pounds of baby weight. Once I started a food diary, it fell off almost effortlessly. Low calorie, nutrient-dense foods are easy to find (grape tomatoes, carrot sticks, apples, berries, bananas, the list is endless) and will keep you feeling fuller longer than junk. You don't ever have to be hungry while you're cutting calories (though you may feel hungry from time to time, which is perfectly normal) if you have access to lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and are willing to drink a large glass of water instead of a soda or something similarly fattening.

 

One last thing that really helps me is to think of food as fuel. Instead of telling myself I'm "on a diet", I realize that "diet" literally means "what I eat". It's a little mind trick that has totally changed my relationship with food for the better. I don't reward myself with a dessert or a glass of rich beer; I just factor it into my daily calorie allowance and allow myself to eat it as long as I cut calories somewhere else. Instead of seeing this as depriving myself, I just look at it as a balancing act. That slice of chocolate cake will be delicious! But it will also cost me the cheese plate I was planning to have for dinner...and that's okay. I'll have veggies, cottage cheese, and fruit instead.

 

I also noticed that as I got into better shape, heavy, fattening foods became far less appealing. I'd rather snack on raw vegetables than something like chips and salsa, which I never thought I'd be able to say. The old saying "you are what you eat" is truer than we may realize. smile.gif



 

peainthepod likes this.

Trying to do the right thing with three kids and a hubby. 
ds20, dd18, ds16

lab is offline  
#13 of 15 Old 10-07-2011, 01:43 PM
 
littlest birds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: a dream-filled fixer-upper
Posts: 2,952
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbmomma View Post

Have you looked into primal eating?  It has worked well for many people in the same boat.  Check out primalblueprint.com if you're interested.  I didn't really need to lose much weight when I started eating primal, but I feel a lot better eating this way.  My stomach seems to be leaning out a lot too, and that has always been my main problem area.


I have thrived and also accidentally lost weight on primal-inspired diet that is BTW low-carb.  I have eaten this way for about a year, and the weight loss mostly occurred in the last six months.  My entire relationship with food has changed and I love it.  No cravings, no desire for seconds, very enjoyable meals with plenty of fats.  I was at the top end of healthy weight and now around the other end I guess.  That is I am 5'8" and was 145-150 consistently for the past 20 YEARS, and now I am 125 lbs.  I went from a size 8 pants to a loose size 4!  I was shocked.  I never expected to wear size 4 in my life.  Anyhow I feel great this way and my lifestyle is not at all focused on weight or fitness which is something that wouldn't work for me-- I get moderate exercise and I never count calories.  I skip most foods other people have but I still allow myself indulgences of any kind I want.  I mostly stopped wanting them so it is very easy.  It's worth looking into!

 


ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)
 
 

littlest birds is offline  
#14 of 15 Old 10-10-2011, 10:17 PM
 
subtlycrunchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dreaming of a Northern Town
Posts: 398
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Have you ever read about weight loss resistance? It's the theory that until your hormones are in balance, your body is going to fight tooth and nail to hang on to its weight. Taking steps to heal your hormones is what will set the stage for successful weight loss. It makes sense and is the approach I'm taking :) 

subtlycrunchy is offline  
#15 of 15 Old 10-18-2011, 10:17 PM
 
KarenEMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,456
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Subtly crunchy - this is me to a tee - in all my years of searching, I have never seen this term before, but you are describing me!   Thank you SO MUCH for posting!!!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtlycrunchy View Post

Have you ever read about weight loss resistance? It's the theory that until your hormones are in balance, your body is going to fight tooth and nail to hang on to its weight. Taking steps to heal your hormones is what will set the stage for successful weight loss. It makes sense and is the approach I'm taking :) 



 

KarenEMT is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off