Jillian Michael's 6 week Abs - anyone tried this? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-29-2011, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just ordered it and it should be arriving Wednesday. I'm super pumped to give it a try since she really helped me lose all of my baby weight and more when I was doing her 30 day shred this time last year.  Great motiviator.  I started running after that DVD and now I'm spinning and well, doing both. I'm just looking for something to switch it up a bit especially with a DH that travels and I'm not always able to get to the gym when he's out of town. 

Has anyone tried her 6 weeks abs DVD?

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend
#2 of 6 Old 09-09-2011, 09:40 PM

yes i noticed some major changes when i actually did the dvd!

mama to one '07 and one '09
#3 of 6 Old 09-10-2011, 02:28 PM

Omigosh ... I haven't tried it, but reading through your post made me curious about both of the DVDs you mentioned.

Tell me more about this 30 day shred.

And if you get the abs DVD, please post your thoughts!! After my third pregnancy with twins ... let's just say things are NOT where they should be. I need something for my core!! If I relax my gut I could easily look 4-5 months pregnant. It's so depressing. I'm having a hard time after this pregnancy. After the first two the weight flew off .... this time ... not. so. much. I blame all of the extra calories and protein I was trying to consume to compensate for an extra baby. Ugh.

I digress. Looking forward to any other responses!

#4 of 6 Old 09-13-2011, 02:18 PM

30 Day Shred is a workout video that takes only 30 minutes from warm-up to stretching afterward and about 18 minutes of intense cardio/strength (3 sets of 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs).  I've been athletic all my life, but found time to work out difficult after having my 2nd baby.  This one made an immediate difference in tone and definition and was easy to fit in to a mom's day.  I also really like her Ripped in 30 video which takes the 30DS one step further in intensity.  I've not tried her abs video, but I'd be interested in a review once you use it for a bit.

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#5 of 6 Old 09-13-2011, 03:11 PM

posting again, i dug out my dvds since i was looking for something to do in between gym days and i did the abs dvd today. my stomach is my worst area and i absolutely loathe sit ups and what not. this dvd is actually fun imo so that is saying a lot, you should get it!!

mama to one '07 and one '09
#6 of 6 Old 09-14-2011, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

30 Day Shred is what got me really going last July when I started working out more often and working off the baby weight from my last pregnancy.  From then on, I started running, doing a little weight lifting and still incorporating the 30DS. 

I have the 6 week 6 pack DVD but am unable to be consistent with it right now as I'm training for a 1/2 Marathon in December and am doing a lot more cardio- spinning and running and cross training as well, so I'm taking a break from it and will resume it after the 1/2 Marathon is over.  By that time, it'll be the holidays and I'll need a little something to work off the extra treats around that time. ;)

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page