Postpartum Weight Loss- September - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 48 Old 09-16-2011, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Pacificbliss, thank you and that sounds about right.

I'm sorry your dealing with a dog bite!  That is a terrible situation.  Why haven't they quarantined the dog, yet?  You are far more likely to deal with a simple infection than rabies, but make sure you are taking care of yourself!

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#32 of 48 Old 09-16-2011, 11:15 AM

I didn't weigh in this morning because I had a lot of junk food yesterday and I was afraid of what the scale might say!

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#33 of 48 Old 09-19-2011, 08:12 PM

where yall at????????????/

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#34 of 48 Old 09-20-2011, 09:16 AM

I'm down to 159.4 from 161.4. Slowly but surely!

I love homemade: cute skirts, apricot jam, and family! 
#35 of 48 Old 09-20-2011, 09:58 AM

I'm down another pound to 143 now. It's coming off slowly, only about a half a pound a week, but I'll take it!

Sorry for your loss My Little Monkeys.

Hope the bite turns out okay Pacificbliss!

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#36 of 48 Old 09-20-2011, 12:47 PM

I keep gaining and losing the same two pounds. I have upped my thyroid meds a bit and it has improved my overall energy but I really should go in and have my levels checked. I don't want to end up falling into the hypothyroid side. Probably not best for my milk.

#37 of 48 Old 09-23-2011, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I think I got the last few updates in.

How is everyone doing? I watched the first episode of Biggest Loser/ How I would love to lose 10 lbs in a week. Some of the bigger guys lost over 20 lbs. That can't be healthy though.

It's girls' night so I am baking bread and making minestrone. Need to just have a serving and not pig out. It's the wine that will do me in.

The neighbor surrendered the dog to animal control. I guess they decided they did not want her anymore :( That makes me sad for the dog she will be quarantined so I can presumably avoid rabies shots.

#38 of 48 Old 09-25-2011, 09:54 AM

Stepped on the scale, even after not working out for a few weeks, and I am 152!!!  So excited to see that number! That's the lowest number I've seen on the scale since the beginning of my pregnancy with my daughter. However, I don't feel like I've lost the 20 lbs that I have. My body looks the same to me. I am wearing many of the same clothes, and they are bigger, but not THAT big. WHERE is the weight coming from?

My boyfriend and I broke up this week so I'm trying really hard not to indulge in a bunch of junk food just because I'm sad. It was for the best, and he isn't worth wrecking my hard work for!! I really need to get back into the gym routine but my gym's childcare hours are so annoying...the only time I can work out is the late afternoon, which is when I'm *least* motivated...also that's the time of day when everyone is getting off work and going to the gym, so it is really crowded and I always have to wait for machines, and there are more kids in the childcare which makes both my daughter and I nervous. I know if I could work out first thing in the morning I'd be so much more consistent, but the childcare doesn't open until 8 and I have to be at work at 9 :( Oh well! When I move home I am going to join a new gym and hopefully that gym will have better hours.

Single mama to S ~ 6/09

#39 of 48 Old 09-26-2011, 10:52 AM

Anyone dealing with IBS, too?  I'm feeling like this may actually be a huge piece of my weight loss puzzle, and solving it may help.  It doesn't seem like my caloric intake really factors into my weight loss at all.  I think I need to go dairy free and possibly gluten free, but I'm nervous about it.  I've done dairy free off and on for a long time, but gluten free would be entirely new.  DH does the majority of cooking and shopping and it seems like a lot of extra energy to make him plan around diet restrictions.  We've been trying to do more casseroles and stuff that can prep ahead and just heat up on the days he is at school (the majority of the week) and these tend to rely a lot on dairy and pasta.  I also live in a place where it is difficult-to-impossible and costly to find specialty foods.  I know I need to figure out how to control my IBS symptoms, but I'm really not very eager or motivated.  Ugh.

#40 of 48 Old 09-26-2011, 07:56 PM

It's time for me to join here. My youngest DD is five months and I have actually gained 15 pounds since she was born. I only gained 10 pounds with the pregnancy and was 5 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight at 4 weeks pp. Since then, I have gained 15lbs. It's ridiculous. I weigh what I did the day I gave birth and eat healthier than ever. I have thyroid issues and had my levels checked, as I was concerned that my medication may have needed to be upped. Nope, levels were within range. I did start on Zoloft when DD was about a two months and I wonder if that has anything to do with my gain. Still, I have to get moving and get rid of some of this weight. According to BMI, I am now obese. That's a hard one to swallow.

I currently weigh 185 (5'5'') and would like to get to 135. I would like to get back into 8's and would LOVE to be back into my 6's. Right now, I range between a 14-16. My plan is to do the elliptical twice per week for an hour, swim for 1/2 hour once per week, and an hour long yoga class on Saturday mornings. I plan to add in some weights once I get used to the above routine. The 1000 minute challenge really helped me lose weight after my first DD was born, so I will probably do that again, too.

#41 of 48 Old 09-26-2011, 09:49 PM

I'm curious what you mamas are doing to lose weight.  As in, Weight Watchers, low-carb, counting calories, exercise, etc.  I am counting calories using an app on my phone. I really love it and it's so nice to see the scale go down with really little inconvenience or deprivation. I've realized what a grazer I was before and a boredom eater!  Now, that I have to be accountable to myself, I don't wander through the kitchen having a bites of this or that.  My biggest problem is wanting to snack at night, so instead, I have stevia-sweetened herbal tea or water. Or I just go to bed, so I'll stop thinking about eating, lol!  Anyway, I'd love to know how all of you are succeeding at losing the baby weight.  :)

I love homemade: cute skirts, apricot jam, and family! 
#42 of 48 Old 09-27-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homemademom View Post

I'm curious what you mamas are doing to lose weight.  As in, Weight Watchers, low-carb, counting calories, exercise, etc.  I am counting calories using an app on my phone. I really love it and it's so nice to see the scale go down with really little inconvenience or deprivation. I've realized what a grazer I was before and a boredom eater!  Now, that I have to be accountable to myself, I don't wander through the kitchen having a bites of this or that.  My biggest problem is wanting to snack at night, so instead, I have stevia-sweetened herbal tea or water. Or I just go to bed, so I'll stop thinking about eating, lol!  Anyway, I'd love to know how all of you are succeeding at losing the baby weight.  :)

I'm having success with just a few weeks of Weight Watchers, like -4lbs in a few weeks. What I like is that it forces me to choose better foods, control portions and keeps me accountable daily for exercise, drinking water and getting in servings of veggies. It's really easy to do because I can still eat the stuff I like - just gotta make sure I keep it under control. It's helping me get out of my pregnancy-appetite where I pretty much ate whatever!

So far so good!

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

#43 of 48 Old 09-27-2011, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

I am doing weightwatchers too. It definitely helps me gravitate towards more fruits and veggies. I also find that I won't eat something just because I am too lazy to figure out the points lol.gif I have not had much luck getting into an exercise routine as such so I do squats and planks when I think of it and make the occasional yoga class.
#44 of 48 Old 09-27-2011, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Oh geez, I had just updated my browser and now it seems incompatible with the mothering editor. When I go to edit I see it all in unformatted html code. No fun. I cut and pasted it to a text editor and then copied it back in but it leaves off all the formatting and I have to go back and center it and bold our names. Ugh. I'll have to see if I can figure out what's going on. Otherwise I will just add and update every so often.
#45 of 48 Old 09-27-2011, 06:28 PM

Pacificbliss - oh dear, that's not good!  I hope somehow things get resolved quickly!

Me, I was walking really regularly, and then stopped because of sheer exhaustion.  Then I either broke or sprained my toe really bad.  So, now I'm trying to get back on the Wii Fit.  I was doing that very regularly before preggo with twins and I was losing fairly well.  The twins are just starting to sleep better, so I'm having better mornings.  If DD's school technical issues would stop popping up....she does virtual school and it's been a bit of a nightmare in the technology department so far.  Just when we seemed to get our personal issues straightened out, the whole program went down on Monday, so then she had to have an extra class today to make up what she missed.  So, when I no longer spend the majority of my days dealing with that or DD's resulting meltdown because everything isn't easy peasy, I might find time to do some aerobics or running with the WiiFit.  It's already getting cold here and bundling twins + toddler up for a walk doesn't sound very enticing.

I'm also looking at changing to a Paleo type diet because I think my body needs less carbs (or gluten?) and I know I need less dairy (see my post back a few about IBS issues).  But I'm having trouble convincing myself to let go of ice cream and a weekly sweet.  ;)  Dh is open to it, so I really just have to research to figure out how to make it work for us.

#46 of 48 Old 09-27-2011, 07:12 PM

I'm not doing much to lose therefor I am not really losing much. I took a back education class today and learned some strengthening exercises. I probably won't do them though because I'm in pain for days afterward. Stinks to have a bad back.

#47 of 48 Old 09-30-2011, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

The October thread is up. I put it up today because I leave for Hawaii in the morning joy.gif I will update stats when I get back.
#48 of 48 Old 09-30-2011, 02:19 PM

Thanks!  Have a great time!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page