Dingos sprinting through September - Page 14 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#391 of 410 Old 09-30-2011, 08:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Real, I'd meant to comment on your bird. greensad.gif So sorry. That is a long time to have a pet. I hope other birdie does OK with the changes. I see cuttlebone on the beach some mornings and it makes me think of the parakeets we had growing up. We had a pair.

(It also makes me think of Geo's dd and Halloween.)

Dh had an excellent convo with his boss's boss and the ceo. This is a company that employs more than 12000 people, so I'm just nut.gif imagining MY dh having a lunch mtg with the guy.

Anxiety/depression creeping back today. Starts with not wanting to get out of bed. Kids being not-nice makes it worse. It spirals from there.

Nick, forgiveness and love for the new year, all around, sister. I think we're feeling in a similar spot again. With work, it passes, right?

MelW, hug2.gif for you and dd. Daycare is just such a hard thing to deal with when it's not working.

I am going to drag kids to the beach before dragging them out to other stuff. Tomorrow is a quiet day to myself.

#392 of 410 Old 09-30-2011, 10:08 PM

I'm still very sick and really need to go to bed, since it's one in the morning and I'm just home from waiting tables. 

But I wanted to pop in and let you know, tjsmama, that I didn't pick my kindergartener up one day in the second week of school.  I probably mentioned it a few pages back.  I'd filled out the bus forms thinking I'd pick him up on Tuesdays so he could get to his drum class on time.  When drumming was cancelled, I forgot what I'd told the school.  I got the dreaded phone call and had to rush up to the school to pick him up.  He didn't care even a little bit that he had to wait in the office for me.  I totally felt like crap, too, but now I'm over it.

It happens.  Luckily we have the whole school year to redeem ourselves.

Bed now.

#393 of 410 Old 10-01-2011, 05:50 AM

Jooj ~ hug2.gif Enjoy your quiet day today.  I hope having some time to yourself alleviates the anxiety you feel creeping in.

tjsmama ~ baby baths!  How fun!

Plady ~ you and your DH are in my thoughts this morning.

Lalala ~ feel better blowkiss.gif

Nic ~ you are most certainly worthy of G-d's forgiveness hug2.gif.  You just need to grant yourself that same mercy.  Happy New Year to you, Dingo Sister.

JenLove ~ I absolutely LOVE your farm pictures on FB.  That barn is to die for!  Anything new on the baby front???

MelW ~ I'm so sorry your DD doesn't seem to be enjoying her child care anymore.  I hope the new schedule works out better for all of you.  And yeah, eggs are not a good pre-run fuel.

Geo ~ glad to hear your DS's teacher was so receptive!  Great job, Mama.  I had my meeting with DS's 4th grade teacher on Thursday.  I'm not totally optimistic, but he is going to implement some pretesting in math so the kids who know the material before the unit starts can work on some "reach" work.  He did agree that "more" work was certainly not the answer.  I feel for the guy ~ he's got 28 students, most at grade level, a few above, and a few more below.  It's obviously much more important to get those below up to grade level than to challenge those who are already above.  That said, DS really needs something more in the math department.  Thank you for all your input.  I used your questions to guide our meeting smile.gif.

RR ~ it's cool, crisp and clear, so I'm heading out for 5 miles in about 10 minutes.  The whole family is still asleep and I'm loving the quiet.

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)
#394 of 410 Old 10-01-2011, 06:45 AM

I'm sending Reiki out to my Dingo sisters today.  grouphug.gif

Baby updates: Nothing really going on here yet.  Lots of BH and some low crampy feelings but not the real deal yet.  I'm 39 weeks today and Val arrived at 41 weeks, so I guess it's a waiting game now. lurk.gif  I really feel like it'll be another week at this point even if they had a baby boom at the birth center the last few days.  I'm hoping my midwives get some sleep before "AJ" arrives. orngtongue.gif

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#395 of 410 Old 10-01-2011, 09:59 AM

wave.gif

I just wanted to say hi and that you are all in my thoughts today: jo, dust.gif for warding off the anxiety and depression. Been there, done that, again and again. La4, the same dust.gif for healing and wellness coming your way, Nic, dust.gif for rebirth and [self]forgiveness; I think JG said it so well, MelW, dust.gif for balance, JG dust.gif for finding answers for your ds and for those 5 miles, Plady, dust.gif for clarity and peace, Jenlove, dust.gif for "AJ"

NRR: T minus 4 hours and counting until arrival of 6 birthday party/sleepover girls and boy. A friend asked if her ds could hang out for the afternoon, not knowing that its dd's bday party, but I figure it will keep ds occupied (its his best friend) who would otherwise be in all the girls bubbles. Meanwhile, I baked the cake this morning, using a recipe I havent before, and each layer turned out to be the height of a pancake; the kids are calling it "the pancake cake". So I rushed out to the store, bought more ingredients and made another. Now it will be a 4 layer cake (chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting, chocalte ganache on top, and crushed peanut butter cups as decoration. Whew. One bite oughta be enough... We are taking the whole gaggle to a pottery painting place, then home for pizza, cake, presents, movie and hopefully some sleep.

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#396 of 410 Old 10-01-2011, 07:13 PM

Hi Mamas,

Still sitting with our probable choice, looking at schedules, seeing how it feels.  It's beginning to feel more and more right, am I just disassociating or is this how you know when you're on to the right choice?.  Wondering how forgiving God will be.  My dad arrived today which is a breath of fresh air.  Talked to my mom in her new So. Cal digs and marveled at how intensely self centered one can be, hoping and praying I'm not already halfway down that path.  Generally feeling okay, considering.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate you all.  I know this is sketchy territory to traverse, probably even a UA violation but I do know that I can't live with a choice that makes me too ashamed to come here and be honest.  It is a valuable test for me to hear your thoughts, no matter what you think of where I'm heading.

JenLove - Thank you for the Reiki, I wish I knew how to return the favor! goodvibes.gifSafe and happy labor vibes coming towards you in my unschooled way.

La4 - Hope you got a solid sleep and are on the mend.

Jo - When do you get another visitor?  Anyone on the horizon?  I'm just glad you can still be here, even while you're so far away, but I wish we could help you push away the heaviness.

Sparkle - Good luck tonight!  It sounds like an ambitious party but also one that could be very very fun for the kids.

Gaye - Don't worry, if ds wasn't freaked out in the moment then he probably thought it was just an interesting twist to the day.  I'm sure the school staff understands how easy it isn't for you.

Mommajb - Thank you, the independent and together thing is essential.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#397 of 410 Old 10-01-2011, 07:56 PM

Plady, I am honored by your willingness to share your thoughts and experiences with us. So many women keep secrets (even from
their partners) so whatever you decide I imagine that the honesty of your decision-making will make your grieving easier. I expect you'll grieve the "what would have been" either way. Like you, I've been in the "pro-choice but not for me" mindset, but can now more than ever imagine a situation where I would feel compelled to make that choice.

Sparkle, best of luck with the b-day party.

Here's an interesting snippet about the financial/career implications and politics of not taking a married name- going back to an old conversation: http://m.straight.com/s?fid=22&a=476016&f=latest&s=60

My husband is here for a very short visit. The kids are ecstatic. We went to a "blackberries, apples and bears" fall festival in the village today, with films, crafts, handpressed apple cider that was delicious but surely a health code violation. Yum!

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#398 of 410 Old 10-01-2011, 09:39 PM

I was all psyched up to run this AM and then did a spur of the moment Skype with a friend from home...that lasted an hour and a half...and now I am just going to put on shoes and go out, even though it's way too humid. Tried calling dh, no answer but I am sure he is fine. After I walk (probably not going to run today), I am planning to spend the rest of the day writing. Kids got a great start to the day.

Plady, fwiw, the privilege, the medical care and the technologies saved my life, twice, in two very different ways at two very different times. God is infinitely forgiving and knows your heart. The question seems always to be, how forgiving are we?

My love to the finest women on the Web. blowkiss.gif

#399 of 410 Old 10-02-2011, 05:38 AM

Just popping in to send love and well wishes, Plady. The loving and thoughtful way that you're contending with this speaks volumes. You're a good woman, Plady, and I'm thinking of you.

jog.gif   mama to DS 7/09 and married to DH bikenew.gif

#400 of 410 Old 10-02-2011, 08:55 AM

Jo, very well said. Plady, we love you. It's a very hard place to be but whatever you decide, we are with you and understand. I have had that scare recently a couple times and the choice I would make ... well, I understand where you are right now, more than I can say.

Just got back from a great 20 miler Hardcore today, 12 miles of it was in the pouring rain. I felt really good (although when I stopped at CVS to fill up my gatorade I dripped all over the cashier's desk. lol.gif ). It was a necessary confidence boost because I was sort of feeling a crisis of confidence that I wouldn't be able to do MCM in 4 weeks. I think I'll be okay. I did the 20 in 3:30 so I am hoping that means I might be able to finish the whole thing in under 4:45. Last time I totally crashed at mile 24 and lost like 15 minutes off my pace so I really would like to avoid that scenario again though I don't know how to avoid it really.

Last night I told dh I was feeling not so confident about the marathon and he said, in typical dh-male-coach fashion, "you're right. you can't do it." eyesroll.gif Knowing of course, that saying that would drive me to prove him wrong. I told him his reverse psychology wasn't going to work but of course it did. Sigh. 

I detest he knows which buttons to push but I guess it worked. irked.gif

I need to eat something but all I want to do is lie down and take a nap. Guess I'd better scramble some eggs then put on a movie for the kiddos. The laundry and kitchen cleaning will have to wait I think.

"Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible." (William Shakespeare -- Julius Caesar)

#401 of 410 Old 10-02-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jooj View Post

Plady, fwiw, the privilege, the medical care and the technologies saved my life, twice, in two very different ways at two very different times. God is infinitely forgiving and knows your heart. The question seems always to be, how forgiving are we?

My love to the finest women on the Web. blowkiss.gif

bawling.gif So beautifully and perfectly said

With the repeating theme of self-forgiveness here lately, I keep thinking 'how can THESE incredible women be so hard on themselves'! grouphug.gif I admire you all so much

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#402 of 410 Old 10-02-2011, 02:32 PM

UGH I am so frustrated. I just wrote out a fairly long, detailed race report for my FIRST RACE EVER but then I made the mistake of attempting to attach some pictures which I guess I don't have permission to do yet? Probably due to my low post-count. Anyhow, the pop-up box froze the screen and wouldn't disappear even when I clicked on "cancel" or "submit" so I had to refresh the screen and lost the whole thing. @#$!

Anyhow, http://connect.garmin.com/splits/118660957

I'll be back later to do the race report all over again. Later. In the meantime, I just wanted to say to Plady that I feel for you and am thinking of you. I also used to consider myself the Pro-Choice, but for Other People type of person and I really thought I'd never be in the position to make that choice myself, until I suddenly WAS, about 7 years ago. And then I was so thankful that I had the right to make the decision that was right for myself at that point in my life. If I hadn't, I am sure that my life would look very different right now--I probably wouldn't have finished college--and everything would have been much more difficult. Like you, I found out that I was pregnant very early on and had lots of time to weigh both sides and make my decision. And although one of those options does become more difficult to chose as the weeks pass by, I think it is still easier than not finding out til later in the pregnancy and then having to make a rush decision. Or at least, that's how it was for me. I hope that you have the time you need to come to the right decision for yourself and your family, and that you find peace and acceptance in whatever choice you make.

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

#403 of 410 Old 10-02-2011, 03:55 PM

hi all, I have been missing in action, I know, but August was such a terrible month and September hasn't been much better. Luckily I recovered from the D and C quickly, and in my first proper cycle post d and c I am now pregnant again. Just 5 weeks. I am a nervous wreck and have officially descended into crazy a few times already.

I'll be a better dingo in October.

I'm just catching up with everyone but in the meantime if you could send good vibes my way then I would gladly accept them. My first hCG result came back and it looked good (11 dpo it was 53 and at 14dpo it had jumped to 377), but of course I am dreading the scans and a repeat of the ordeal this summer.

Plady, thinking of you so much.

jog.gif   mama to DS 7/09 and married to DH bikenew.gif

#404 of 410 Old 10-02-2011, 04:39 PM

wOw what a rollercoaster you've been on these last few months, zub! Sending stay-put vibes to your belly and hoping you get the baby you're meant to have.

Married 12/08 to Chilean DH and mama to DD 2/2/10. We're a bilingual home and we familybed1.gif and toddler.gif

Expecting #2 in late June!

#405 of 410 Old 10-02-2011, 05:13 PM

Zub, congratulations, and wishing you a smooth pregnancy. Lots of healthy baby and gentle first trimester vibes headed your way.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#406 of 410 Old 10-02-2011, 06:51 PM

goodvibes.gifZub! Truly hoping for the best this time around.

Way to go on your first race ever, kitteh! Nice splits, even with that hill in the middle! thumb.gif

Nick, really. The 20-miler. Awesome!

I'm struggling. I worked 4 hours on the writing yesterday, which is a great sitting. Today I have a lunch date and I told the tutor to come in the evening, but have not heard back from her. Kids are melting down already and it's 5:30AM. Dh called to say he might have to stay an extra 10 days (!) in KSA. I'm starting to lose my mind about little things, like the fact that the water runs hot from the tap, that it's still in the 90s when I go out to run, just everything. I'm tired. I want my kids to be relaxed and happy, and I want to be relaxed at the least. I got a stupid SMS saying I'm supposed to drive to a post office that I've never been to and pick up an ID card, and the whole ID card program here is just a stupid revenue-generating farce. It's not even accepted as ID in most places. I don't feel like exercising and just want to climb back into bed when the kids get on the bus, but I know that can't end well, so I guess I'm saving that for later in the week. We now have three cats and the little one is not very nice to the big ones, causing some anxiety in the house. 

I will go out for a run when kids are on the bus, and I'm sure the lunch date will cheer me up. And it's possible dh could come home this week. I'm just overwhelmed today.

#407 of 410 Old 10-02-2011, 06:57 PM

Zub!  Great news!  I'm sorry you're a nervous wreck and this pregnancy probably won't be the gentle Earth-mama go-with-the-flow type of pregnancy that women who have never suffered a loss get to have.  I hope you won't feel too stressed out and that you will, at some point, be able to settle into enjoying the experience.  I'm wishing you all the best and hoping everything goes perfectly this time around.

Plady--I'm still here, still thinking of you and supporting whatever choice you make.  I suppose an advantage of being an atheist as I am is that I don't ever have to consider what any sort of God or Goddess would think of my decisions.  If I did believe in a God, though, I'd believe in one who supported me in the decisions that felt right to me, instead of getting all judgey all the time.  That's a God I can get behind.

No running this weekend, which is good for my health.  I'm feeling almost all better from the cold I'd been dealing with last week.  Hooray!  Today I spent the entire day with my mom, helping her to get my grandmother's stuff into an assisted living place.  The last couple of years have been rough on my mom, as HER mom deteriorated into delusions and paranoia and general nastiness.  My grandmother hated my dad for awhile, and thought he was plotting against her, then she was constantly mad at my mom for trying to run her life.... finally my mom got her to a doctor who sent her to a neurologist, who said that she's much worse cognitively than we even realized.  In a rare moment of positivity, my grandmother agreed last week to move into the assisted living place we had been trying to talk her into for nearly a year.  Yay!

I wish I could move into this place myself.  Gorgeous little apartment with new carpet and new paint, cleaning and laundry service, a page-long list of activities every day, dining room with linen tablecloths where today they were serving ribeye steak for lunch.... sign me up!

After such a long time watching my mom having to deal with this all alone, it was nice to finally be able to pitch in and do something concrete and helpful.  It will be nice when someone else takes over hassling my grandmother about what she's eating and whether she's taken her medication, and someone else is telling her she can't drive, and someone is reminding her that my parents have dancing lessons every Friday night so she doesn't need to be scared when they don't answer their phone.

Maybe tomorrow I'll run.  My half-marathon is looming on my calendar, just a couple of weeks away.  Eek!

#408 of 410 Old 10-02-2011, 08:18 PM

Plady ~ Hoping to get time to DM you tomorrow.  Still sending lots of hug2.gifgoodvibes.gifstillheart.gifom.gif

Zub ~ Congrats!!  I hope your mind will be at ease soon and the rest of the pregnancy will go smooth for you and your family. dust.gif

We did one small move to the farm today, but we'll move the rest after the baby arrives.  I am so lucky to have so much help here or most of this stuff wouldn't happen.  I can't believe baby boy could arrive any day.....

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#409 of 410 Old 10-02-2011, 09:33 PM

Emerging briefly to pop my head in. Still lots of hug.gif for plady and goodvibes.gif for zub.

I am very, very tired right now. Not looking forward to three more nights before a break, but I'll survive. I really do like it, so that's a good thing. Last night was tough, just because my preceptor and I were both SO tired. She's 17 weeks pregnant, so even though she's used to it, she's struggling a little, and I'm just plain tired. orngtongue.gif We got floated into the NICU last night, which was pretty cool. They give the nurses who float in pretty easy patient assignments (i.e. feeder/grower babies) but it was still a good learning experience. We had two babies, both 32 weekers. I got to learn how to place a oral-gastric tube for feeding and actually got pretty good at it, with feedings every 3 hours for both of them. Both babies are just starting to learn how to nipple feed, and the one had done three nipple feeds in a row (including one at mom's breast), so she was just plain exhausted. I have to say, the one kid's mom is a rockstar with the pump....he had SO much breastmilk stored up, it was awesome! So, we really didn't have a lot to do beside feed babies and change diapers, so it was a little slow.

Friday night was CRAZY. We were the admit nurse for the nursery, and we cleared the labor and delivery board! We had seven deliveries (I think) between 7p and 1a! There were two c-sections delivering at the exact same time when we came on shift so we got thrown right into the fire, headed from there right into a vaginal delivery and then right back to another c-section. That poor kid had the biggest conehead I have ever seen in my life...mom had pushed for 2 1/2 hours with no luck. greensad.gif We had a short break after that one until the last mom on the labor deck delivered at 5 am. It was awesome. I got to be in on four deliveries, the same amount I saw in my whole OB rotation combined! The one kid was 9 1/2 pounds...holy baby. That girl just kept coming and coming and coming. yikes.gif I swear, she came out as a three month old. orngbiggrin.gif

Meanwhile, I did NOT hike with my child as planned this afternoon, but instead took a little nap and we hung out at home instead. A couple of papers written later, and I think it's time for bed. Again. bag.gif

Gaye, single mama to Tyler (5/06) and Baxter the labradoodle
surf.gif bikenew.gif jog.gif Wait...I signed up to DO an Ironman??? I thought I was signing up to go SEE Ironman! nut.gif

#410 of 410 Old 10-03-2011, 06:37 AM

Who is ready for a Shiny New Thread???!!!

Any why is that http showing up on my link?  It's not there when I hit Edit?  Oh well.....

~~Kristina~~ Mama to DS(10/30/01), DD1(VBAC 3/28/04) and DD2(HBAC 5/21/06)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page