Thighs, stomach and back of the arms.... need exercises! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-07-2011, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am a little under 5'6" and weigh 117.8lbs. Over the last year I've lost about 30lbs. I was down to 112 at my lowest but gained a little back.

Even when I was down to 112 I still had a poochy belly, and lots of extra jiggle on the inside of both thighs. My thighs actually didn't seem to change ANY with the 30lb weight loss. I also have "lunch lady arms" that I HATE. I was thinking that roller blading might be a good exercise to help the inside of my thighs, but what else can I do? We have walking paths (few to no hills), bike paths, and I have a gym membership. We have P90X but I'm not a big fan of workout videos. We also have a few fitness games for the Wii (Cardio Workout, Wii Fit, and EA Sports Active 2). We stream Netflix and it has some videos, but we don't have cable.

When I was at 112 I didn't like how gaunt my face looked (I didn't try to get that low, I was sick for a few months and couldn't hold food down well). So I'm not looking to lose a bunch of weight, I just want the areas I mentioned to look better.

#2 of 3 Old 09-14-2011, 06:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

It seems to me like you need weight training for muscle tone.  If you have a gym membership, it might be worth meeting with a trainer once or twice to help you figure out which weights to use.

Or a yoga regimen should tone you right up. 

#3 of 3 Old 09-14-2011, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I didn't even think about yoga. Thanks for the idea!

I went to the gym with a friend last night and did a circuit (weights and cardio) and it wasn't too bad. I still can't figure out what is triggering my asthma though so I am trying to not over do to the point where I have a major attack again. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page